Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "bEcAuSe ThEy WaNt YoU To SuB LoNgEr"

I jest, but I have a feeling without going through the thread that some People made these inane kind of comments.

It's probably because they already had Portals to Uldum and Vale, via Cata Portals and MoP Portals.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Tbh I wonder why people even use the Uldum portal. Just fly from Silithus.
    Cus the portal brings you right at the dallies and king pharos.

You are stupid to not use the portal imo.

Doesn't new dala have a portal to Vale? Was that also removed?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Doesn't new dala have a portal to Vale? Was that also removed?
    They sorted out portals in 8.1.5, all traffic goes through portal room in Stormwind/Orgri and portal to Pandaria leads to Jade Forest. But we still have portals to Cata zones, so shortcut to Uldum is still intact.

It's still bad design though, so far in BfA they always give extra portals to relevant content, we should have Uldum/Vale ones in Magni base.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SolomonSullivan View Post
    Think about it. Every daily quest hub we've had this expansion has had a direct portal from Boralus/Dazaralor—Arathi. Darkshore. Nazjatar. Mechagon had the craftable teleport.

So why not Uldum and Vale? Are they not the same concept? Each is a focal-point-of-the-patch zone full of dailies, rares, world bosses, and fill the bars. Arathi and Darkshore get portals and you only visit them once every 2 weeks. Uldum and Vale are intended to be visited every single day for months. I dont understand the sudden change in design direction. Why make us RP walk over to the main zones every day? Seems kinda arbitrary?

I mean, you may not mind now, but I imagine I'm going to be fairly aggravated on my 87th flight from jade forest to Vale, you know?
    if only there was a portal to uldum in a capital city where all the portals to all the places are. oh wait. if only you werent bad and had challenge mode teleports that take you directly to vale. damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Meh, I personally think there are too many convenient portals in this game, they don't need to add more
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Thank God I'm a mage and I have hearthstone on Uldum and got tp for everything else. There's no excuse for no portals, only to make you spend more time in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Honestly, with your hearthstone set to Vale, the guild cloak to get to Stormwind, and the ring to get to Boralus, I'm having zero trouble getting where I wanna be in a reasonable amount of time.
    Of course, if you never got the ring because you thought you'd never set your HS anywhere else but Boralus, well... thats just a lack of foresight on your part, isnt it?
    Damn, looks like hindsight IS 2020, after all.
    What ring?

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    What ring?
    The Honourbound/7th Legion service medal one

Uldum has 2, arguably 3 quick portals to it. The one literally directly fucking to it in Orgrimmar/Stormwind, the one that portals you to Silithus right next to it in Dazar'alor / Boralus and the one that portals you to Caverns of Time in Orgrimmar/Stormwind.

Vale on the other hand is more annoying to get to. Personally i just use the Time-Lost Artifact trinket to portal to the Timeless Isle, then flight path on over to the Shrine city. If you're still playing the character you played during MOP, its even easier - you just use your Challenge Mode portal to Mogu'shan Palace.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The time to get to the Eastern Earthshrine is similar. And now that we have Aqir dailies, the dailies are on the Silithus side of the map.
    Good point.

Because they had no time to implement them. Ion Hazzikostas needed all the money for his new raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    The Honourbound/7th Legion service medal one
    Eh, still grinding medals for the mounts.

Set your hearthstone to the shrine in Pandaria.

Use the Uldum portal in your main town.

Use your dalaran hearthstone to get back to Boralus/Daz'Alor.

Finally the reason why, is Classic.

Which will remain my answer for whenever WoW de-prioritizes convenience features we'd otherwise have. People are ok with level 40 sending you across 2 continents repeatedly, so now in Retail we have these long flights between older zones.