Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Which still isn't pay to win.
    It is. It is a triangular pay to win. Is your intellectual capacity limited to one dimension only?

The guy who wants a raid run for gold wont buy the gold token, if he could not get character progression for that raid run for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I got the mount for free cause i had the 6 month already, but i wish they didnt cause its an ugly rat

You must be new here, everytime Blizz put a new store mount some nerd need to rage all over youtube. Same old same since the star pony or the transmog helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I got the mount for free cause i had the 6 month already, but i wish they didnt cause its an ugly rat
    But.. china! Year of the rat!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Which still isn't pay to win.

Regardless a store with lootboxes is still more predatory in my book than Blizzard's so called "p2w" store.
    No, it actually isnt, in special if loot boxes just contain experience buffs and other cosmetic items.

Blizzards store is still more "predatory" as long they have the triangular pay to win gold selling.

Quote Originally Posted by yogdadoolin View Post

- - - Updated - - -

No, it actually isnt, in special if loot boxes just contain experience buffs and other cosmetic items.

Blizzards store is still more "predatory" as long they have the triangular pay to win gold selling.
    how many accounts have you made just this week? lol jesus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranzplore View Post
    First, he has the very warped perspective of someone who only ever plays wow to criticize it. He quit during the entirety of Legion because there literally wasn't enough to bitch about, and came back to BFA solely it seems because there were things to complain about. That is very, very strange and suggests a very cynical agenda.
    Pretty much this. Also, a recall that from Az from back when he played. He expressed that he practically didn't like playing group content, as in raids, dungeons, PvP or what not. Anything requiring effort, communication or skill was off the table, he's practically in it for solo-questing and makes his judgments from that.

Based on how he behaves, a personal theory is that the guy is too obnoxious to keep around in a group, much less a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I remember once upon a time when content creators actually created content; funny comics, machinima, useful guides. Not that they stopped being around, just people don't talk about them nearly as much as about people who just . . . talk about the game.
    Probably it is not worth the effort anymore?

Who wants to create machinimas for a consumer product that has bland uninspired design, bad gameplay, bad class design and a greedy online shop?

Who wants to create free content for a company like blizzard entertainment, that exploits passion?

Who wants to be fan of a company, that supports a totalitarian regime in china?

I would not for sure. Criticism is all they deserve nowadays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine subbing to WoW in this decade LUL

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Imagine subbing to WoW in this decade LUL
    Well, i got a 6 month subscription as present. Unfortunately, i cannot return it. Because.. you know.. bad service.

I watched the first 2:30 of that video.

I don't think I ever regretted a decision in my entire life more than I regretted wasting those two and half minutes.

It's downright amazing how out-of-touch that... person is. He's acting as if this is Blizzard's first attempt at such promotions. Did he forget the Sylvan Dreamer? The 'Free D3 for a year sub'? The pirate ghost ship?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranzplore View Post
    Most Youtubers are working for sub minimum wage providing free content. Fuck you and other people who defend this massively out of control billion dollar corporation reflexively.

Because some of them, like heelsvsbabyface are arseholes, is a statistically inevitable fact and does not change that.
    You’ll always see people that just fucking love big corporations and capitalism when it’s for a product they enjoy. Otherwise they almost always despise both. It’s quite hilarious.

But yeah I think saying “youtubers are a plague and fuck all of them” is sad. The vast, vast majority provide content for free.

There’s also just as many “pro” Blizzard youtubers as there are “anti”. You’ve got your full on shills like Taliesin/Evitel who are always there. Then there’s BellularGaming who seems to be one of the most honest youtubers in terms of “criticism” for Blizzard and WoW.

In the end this reminds me of the old TotalBiscuit video back when they added that god awful first store mount. Or as he called it, That Retarded Horse!

PS: Don’t blame the devs for this mount. They aren’t happy either in their situation. It’s the developers that demand they keep doing this shit. It’s so hilarious when you compare the Blizzard of now to say 2008 and yet people pretend they’re the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I disagree.

If these mounts were a regular reskin #5, i couldn't give a shit.
    But it's damn obvious that so many mounts obtainable through actual gameplay are reskins / recolours of another mount.

Yet the store mounts have been top notch.
    In a game where you already pay a monthly sub, it's not okay that most of the real high effort mounts are only obtainable via some "alternate" interaction with Blizzard.

This is a business practice that's fine for a F2P game but not for a game that already asks you to pay a monthly sub.
    Regardless of whether that mount is "free" if you plan to play for 6 months anyway, its primary purpose is to bait people into a 6 month sub that didn't plan to sub for that long - that's where Blizzard makes the revenue.

Mounts where the devs poured in a lot of work should be obtainable by playing the game, not by signing a "contract" with Blizzard on the side.
    but... thats not the alternative
    the shop mounts are high effort BECAUSE they will make money, without that its not reasonable to put resources into them...
    they would either be on shop or they wouldnt exist at all...

and be fair, in 8.2 alone we got more unique and good looking mounts than on shop since begining of legion or so...
    imo BFA alone gave us more great mounts than shop in over a decade...

and when it comes to shop mounts, somehow ppl forget about tokens, like having mount on shop for roughly 400k gold is somehow horrible thing, but having it at vendor ingame for 500k is completely fine i really cant follow logic on this bcs they are BOTH obtainable via ingame gold...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I watched the first 2:30 of that video.

I don't think I ever regretted a decision in my entire life more than I regretted wasting those two and half minutes.

It's downright amazing how out-of-touch that... person is. He's acting as if this is Blizzard's first attempt at such promotions. Did he forget the Sylvan Dreamer? The 'Free D3 for a year sub'? The pirate ghost ship?
    Like most WoW players he is an addict and hates himself for it so he trashes on a game he plays 24/7 to get consoled by his fellow addicts. Its sad people still can't move on from the 'game' when there are multiple good options out there and has been for a long time now. WoW is more of a gambling simulator with dailies/timegates and 0 substance its not healthy at all even less so than it was in the past where it was addicting because of its fun whereas now its more predatory. So not surprising it breeds and grooms this type of person.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Make gold, buy token, convert to Bnet currency, buy mount. Depending on how you look at it, these mounts cost either gold OR real cash, players choice.
    and actualy cost LESS than white triceratops in Dazar'alor or Boralus, which is a goddamn reskin if direhorn we have like 7 in game already but somehow its ingame so its all right

He and that Quartering twat need to be shoved back in to the lockers, forever. Throw away the key and weld the locker over.

Quote Originally Posted by yogdadoolin View Post

- - - Updated - - -

experience buff vs. gold on store... BOTH are just to save time, one for leveling other for grinding, HOW are they any different?
    i know, blizz dont CREATE the gold, someone else have to be willing to sell it... same with items or boosts...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2020-01-19 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Moochamp's favorite youtuber strikes again

i give a fuck about youtubers.
    i play this game since 15 years.
    that said:
    imo that guy is completelly right in all his last rant videos.
    agree completely.

blizzards greed, recycling, cost effective development, clever cash grab systems (like token), and stance in general, just to milk the cow as hard as possible, gets hillarious.

i can not decide whats greater: blizzards/activisions greed or the stupidity of their customers (including myself, but after 15 years i finally think i will be no customer any longer soon (tm)).
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-01-19 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I see white knights defending Blizz, and don't see an reason. Yeah while i agree little bit, Az is whining mostly but at some points he is right.

Let's don't do 8.3.5 patch, but instead put stupid china rat mount, and everyone will be happy. WIN WIN!
    but that argument is stupid. the art team isn't the game design team. you want artists to make new classes and raid mechanics? it just doesn't work that way. i hate the store as much as the next guy but you gotta be realistic here.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm pissed only about one thing, that I can't use wow tokens to buy 6 month sub and get that mount. Fuck Blizzard.
    I consider this mount as a free bonus for doing something I would done anyway, but if some person feels compulsion to buy 6 month sub just to get mount, despite not playing the game, then this person is stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    He and that Quartering twat need to be shoved back in to the lockers, forever. Throw away the key and weld the locker over.
    Even thats too good for them :P

Both are just shit stirrers they take drama and capitalise on it with no educated research or information. HvBF doesn't even play WoW, yet Final Fantasy has an even worse micro-transactions and he doesn't even complain about that because he likes it... The man is a hypocrite.
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-01-19 at 04:45 PM.