Poll: Your desired Faction of assignment of Mogu/Lightforged Forsaken and Saberon?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Could playable Mogu be the Pandaren allied race? While Lightforged Undead the one for the forsaken? I still suspect Saberon is the Worgen.

The introduction of good Mogu clan, has nos significantly increased their likelihood of playability, and hailing from Pandaria, it seems logical they are the Pandaren allied race, although they lean horde because of the Zandalari, face it horde and Zandalari have fought other Mogu clans just as much, however, like the darkspears were the one friendly troll tribe at the start of wow, we could have 1 friendly Mogu clan. That one could be both factions like the Pandaren.

Saberon get added too, they get enhanced by the Tol'vir in the final epilogue concerning the Forge of Origination alternatively a story involving the Apexis crystals and the Arrakoa could be thesource of their boosted intelligence.

Faction Assignment

Well, when it comes to faction assignment, which would make most sense?

Mogu - horde
    Saberon - Alliance
    Lightforged Undead - both factions

Saberon - horde
    Lightforged Undead - Alliance
    Mogu - both factions

Mogu - alliance
    Saberon - horde
    Lightforged undead both factions

Lightforged - alliance
    Mogu - horde
    Saberon - both factions

There is a possibility we could get other races for the worgen, undead and Pandaren: E.g. Nelf or wrathion worgen, vampires or undead elves for forsaken and Tuskaar or new Pandaren off shoot for the Pandaren. Undead elves seems very unlikely as the forsaken allied race, because it's elven and would fit a round 2 of allied races for blood elves as San'layn. Vampires I would have preferred to Lightforged undead but they could a very powerful new feature.
    Hmmm i like this list... very nice... interesting...
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Man... I feel so sorry for you that you still believe in Blizzard this much. They just confirmed in an interview that they don't have plans for 8.3.5... You are basically the guy that still believes the "we can still be friends" and "its me not you" line. "Don't currently have plans" is just a softer way of saying "no".
    Ye this... this is exactly the reason people get dissapointed.

Just forget it. If it happends then yeeey if not who cares.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    No, I'm the person who has common sense and can read what is said. Ion just says "currently no plans" which could mean a multitude of things like "no patch", "nothing we want to reveal", etc. It's not about believing in someone / something. It's about being able to read and comprehend what is said and leaving it at that. There's no blind hope that there will be one or anything. Trying to negatively bash something, as you have done, doesn't do anything anything at all. I mean unless you get happiness from just bashing on everything you possibly can. Then go you?
    No, because of people like you people get excited for no f reason.. we are here for god knows how long and everytime we get some happy doodle saying: noo wait you guys they have more up their sleeves and it always ends in huge dissapointment . Its not like we are new here.. this is going on for like what 10+ years.
    You are looking to much into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    No, because of people like you people get excited for no f reason.. we are here for god knows how long and everytime we get some happy doodle saying: noo wait you guys they have more up their sleeves and it always ends in huge dissapointment . Its not like we are newhere.. this is going on for like what 10+ years.
    You are looking to much into it.
    If that's what you read then you read way too much into it that it ended up in another dimension. Nowhere did I say I was excited or expecting something. I simply said I read what Ion wrote and was able to comprehend it like a normal human being instead of going NO 8.3.5 EVER!!!! ION SAID SO!!!! When all he said currently no plans. Things are always subject to change. How do you think we got Sunwell and Ruby Sanctum?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    If that's what you read then you read way too much into it that it ended up in another dimension. Nowhere did I say I was excited or expecting something. I simply said I read what Ion wrote and was able to comprehend it like a normal human being instead of going NO 8.3.5 EVER!!!! ION SAID SO!!!! When all he said currently no plans. Things are always subject to change. How do you think we got Sunwell and Ruby Sanctum?
    I mean this is what will happen. If some one starts the shit if saying: CURRENTLY NO PLANS SO ITS COMING!

Eventually over time people get excited and dissapointed.. because of people like you , you arent listening I am not talking about you.. getting excited?? . Why would ion lie for a simple 8.3.5 patch. Atleast he wants people to get excited for the future so it makes no sense. That is common sense.

I mean this is what will happen. If some one starts the shit if saying: CURRENTLY NO PLANS SO ITS COMING!
    No one has said it's coming at all. Just stating what Ion said and correcting those that are say no to currently no.

because of people like you , you arent listening I am not talking about you..
    You aren't talking about me, but say people like me? Again, reread everything and you'll see how you are misinterpreting everything. Going from no to currently none doesn't get people excited. Not sure where you even get that.

Why would ion lie for a simple 8.3.5 patch. Atleast he wants people to get excited for the future so it makes no sense. That is common sense.
    If it's common sense then you are severely lacking it. No one said Ion lied. No one said there is a 8.3.5 patch. People are stating he said no when all he said was currently no plans. It's not mine or others fault that you and others are somehow misreading all this.

Again, no one said Ion lied. Just that currently there isn't a plan to do a 8.3.5 of a decent proportion. He did state though that there will likely be a patch with tweaks and stuff, which guess what would be 8.3.5 unless they are calling it 8.3.25

Yes, I used color to differentiate the different meanings that you seem to be confusing and coming up with some wild theory on their alternate meanings.

that last quest I had with Calia was her telling Jaina that she's going to the Forsaken to help them and maybe lead them, so if "Light-saken" happen, I expect them to go horde as a different flavor of undead

We will see none of those, I suspect. The slots are open for future allied races in Shadowlands. None of the critical markers for player races have been datamined or revealed.

Mogu: Clothes are part of the character models.
    Saberon: Customization hasn't been datamined, and there isn't a good way currently to introduce them to being relevant without it being the worst shoehorn ever.
    Light-forged undead: Super unlikely to become an allied race. More likely that undead will have some custom eye-tints introduced.

Saberon and Botani are 10.0+ Candidates, they don't fit with shadowlands.
    Also, Calia is currently the only light forged undead, not sure if the creates more but since she may not join the horde (according to some chinese interview), maybe she brings back Undead Night elfs to alliance.

I swear if alliance gets forsaken AND blood elves while horde just keeps getting reskins of races we already have (exception being our "night elves" that stand like they have a stick up their ass, with cast animations to match) I'm gonna lose my shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    I hope not. Lightforged undead may not be as dumb as void elves but they are a close second.
    No way..LF undead are way, way dumber.

Fortunately theyre not well known yet, so not too late for Blizzard to retcon them away.

Other than that, Blizzard should remove all allied races and stop making them. Instead, add them as customization options for the old races. The reason for that is not simply too much bloat but also the racials. There are too many of them to balance properly so Blizzard is just gonna nerf them into 1% dps/haste/crit, like they did with old racials. With allied races, well never see proper, powerful racials that actually make a difference return.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    I swear if alliance gets forsaken AND blood elves while horde just keeps getting reskins of races we already have (exception being our "night elves" that stand like they have a stick up their ass, with cast animations to match) I'm gonna lose my shit.
    And I thought I was the only one who didn't like their standing pose. It's not even the stick up their *ahem* part, but more that when other races run/walk and stop, it feels more natural. When the Nightborne do that, they assume that weird, out of place pose that doesn't make sense and after a while it really started to bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post
    We will see none of those, I suspect. The slots are open for future allied races in Shadowlands. None of the critical markers for player races have been datamined or revealed.

Mogu: Clothes are part of the character models.
    Saberon: Customization hasn't been datamined, and there isn't a good way currently to introduce them to being relevant without it being the worst shoehorn ever.
    Light-forged undead: Super unlikely to become an allied race. More likely that undead will have some custom eye-tints introduced.
    I suspect LF undead going horde would be a move to make the horde seem a lot more like the good guys.

So far you have Taurem Highmountain, Nightborne, Blood elves largely being cast as good guys, LF undead would strengthen that

- - - Updated - - -

You cant really say that with Vulpera on the hirde, and Zandalari are one of the best Redskins.

Besides, if this list is to go by, and the Alliance gets LF undead option, either Saberon or Mogu would be excellent options your complaint wont be valid over

Lightforged undead is an awful idea and hardly anybody would actually chose to play them.

So yeah they'll probably be Alliances next allied race while horde get Mogu or Saberon or something cool.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    You cant really say that with Vulpera on the hirde, and Zandalari are one of the best Redskins.
    Huh? Vulpera are Goblins. Zandalari are trolls.

This is completely dumb. Blood Elves and Night Elves were swapped. If Alliance got forsaken then Horde would get Worgen. Alliance got garbage asspull elementalized allied races and you are complaining that they got void elves?

I doubt Alliance would get light forged undead as they already were given a lightforged race.

Where's the option to vote for no 8.3.5 and no more stupid allied race bullshit

Huh? Vulpera are Goblins. Zandalari are trolls.

Oh yeah, I know. Vulpera are just furry Goblins.

You can have Lightforged/Lightbound Undead, though. They're an atrocity.

10+ Year Old Account
    LF undead should never happen.

I think if they'll release the next allied races that they'll be tied in with whatever new or prominent races are in shadowlands, for example before BFA we never imaged we'd get vulpera or robot babies

Personally i'd be happy with hozen and jinyu but i don't expect that to ever happen.

I dont think giving Horde lightforged undead as Forsaken allied race is fair, since there are so many other viable and asked for opportunities, like undead elves out there.

There might not be a technical 8.3.5 but unless there is some troll who is purposely trying to trigger every OCD suffering player the character select banner and the flag placement in the embassies tells us the shadowlands prepatch will likely have a final pair of "bfa" allied races. I'd like for Mogu to be one of them but given just how little interaction we have with the Rajani, seriously the handful of NPC's in that cave don't even have voice lines or separate unique models, I don't have high hopes for them becoming an AR, at least not without pre cata worgen levels of work which would make them closer to a core race.

The Lightborne undead almost seem a gimme at this point, Sylvanas and her last valkyr are gone so there is no way to raise more forsaken and Calia the new and first lightborne is going with Voss to help the forsaken out, it's not hard to see the writing on the wall there. Given that Ally already has a sparkly version of a core race this will most likely be given to the horde (my deepest sympathies, at least they can't be uglier than mechagnomes).

The Saberon would be cool and fill the worgen rigging hole the blizz seems to be going by, but it would be something out of the left field at this point unless they have one hell of an introductory quest or explanation for why they suddenly showed up, so I'm iffy about them, could just as easily be another "worgen" inspired race but I'm drawing a blank as to what.

I don't think we'll get three with a "panda" option, at least not in BFA, they seem to be putting all their eggs in the shadowlands basket right now, any AR's we get will most likely be a peace offering/distraction to keep us tided over/subscribed.

I know most AR's have a coinciding reputation we have to grind out alongside them before we can unlock the intro quest. But it might not necessarily have to make sense with the race, Honorbound was needed for maghar orcs, 7th legion for Dark Iron, fight on another continent hardly has anything to do with how those races were unlocked, so maybe blizzard will just do the same for Rajani/Uldum Accord.

A new Mogu clan wouldn’t owe the Zandalari any allegiance. The Mogu that sided with the Zandalari were allied to Zul who are now considered enemy of Zandalar. Also this new clan being good and all probably wasn’t looking to bring back the thunderking so again owing no Zandalari any favors.

That said. I would hope they never put them in the playable factions. They killed the night elves from having to tone them down to fit in a faction, doing the same to the Mogu would be bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :