Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Am i literally the only person in existence that thinks that timeless isle was extremely boring and not worth playing?
    Mhm, yup, seems like it.

Speaking as a player who justified a sub for 2 months back in MoPs SOO patch to just do the timeless isle on 4 characters for hours on end, chasing rares, looting treasure boxes for coins, buying and upgrading gear with those coins, then do group content like flex raids or LFR.
    I'll take that experience over this shitfest anyday.

Fly around to find a rare that's is tuned so bad you need a 5 man group to kill it in 445+ gear (speaking about the aqir ones), hard to do when its not peak time and there's no folks around, made worse by phasing/sharding.
    Kill mobs for an hour to find 6 items that you can combine to form a relic to open a coffer that grants 500 coalescing visions and 100 corrupted mementos when you could've just as easily farmed the same amount inside the mini-vision within 10-15 mins.
    Kill a mob with 1.2 million health on a non-bursty class only to find it grants you 2% in the total assault completion bar. (don't you dare say group up, not everyone plays or can play at peak times where its easy to find players to do the same thing as you)
    Receive 1 daily quest that grants 75 rep instead of the usual 3-4 because basic bugs like daily quests not appearing weren't fixed before rolling the patch out. (aqir - Uldum - EU)

Worst part? The content isn't even scaled properly in the same category but in different zones. Compare the health and difficulty of rares in Vale vs those in Uldum. ???

This shit was rushed, not well-planned, and people know it. Quit denying it. Only makes it worse. Better to give them the honest feedback so they can fix their shit next time.

quests in themselves aren't bad. its the fact blizzard fucked up the respawn rate that is the issue. Make clickable objects personal, remove the 5 player tag cap and make mobs respawn 90% faster and its fine

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    Are you talking about the hyena pelts? Killed over 30 without a single drop. Felt like boars have no liver meme all over again.
    thats because Hyenas doesn't drop them, you need to skin those. Its the hunters you need to kill

Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    Are you talking about the hyena pelts? Killed over 30 without a single drop. Felt like boars have no liver meme all over again.
    I did that for a while, too, but then read the quest text. You can only skin the hyenas for pelts, otherwise you have to kill the hunters, and those have a 33-50% chance to drop pelts.

Quote Originally Posted by 123youshowme View Post
    people are mad that they can't melt mobs in a new zone in the first week

lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

(btw you can melt 90% of the mobs unless you're a total scrub)
    The majority of people weren't bitching about the mobs being hard to kill, try reading next time. The complaint was the spawn times, the drop rates of required items, the items you need to loot for quests disappearing the moment ANYONE loots them, etc. Are the goliaths hard to kill? Not at all. But there are only a small number of them, they are spread out and when you can kill fucking THIRTY of them without getting the ONE quest item you need, that makes for tedious as fuck gameplay.

Ion Hazzikostas just created another pile of shit. Time to flush him down the toilet.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a thread here: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ology/417454/6

If people want to share some experiences with the mess that are the 8.3 dailies.
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

Improve respawn rate.

When rare quest is up have at least 4 rares on a 4-5 minute timer.

That'd help.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    No, you are absolutely correct, it is the same in the other patches. Hence the "again" sentence. The inconsistency is the only thing that is consistant. They do y, then they do x, BfA in a nutshell. 8.2 grindy, 8.3 not grindy. They don't do time gating, then they do time gating.

It seems to me they are in a place they don't know how to get out of. Legion had too many good things they tried to do better in BfA but failed on most parts. I just hope that 8.3 is a sign of them trying to make Shadowlands better.
    Legion didn't have many good things to begin with.
    AP - biggest failure of wow and worst possible iteration.
    Artifacts - not only absolute failure in terms of lore (made iconic weapons like ashbringer common) but also failed as system simply because your whole power relied on one item - worst rental power ever.
    Artifact relics - yet another rental power gear, of course spec specific, made switching to offspec even harder.
    Legiondaries - do I even need to say how shitty it was? Softcap of 4 made people level another alt to try their luck again.

BfA DID improve all of these things, that is not how I define "fail". Fail was legion but people have goldfish memory.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Why are we back to dailies. Why isn't this solved with WQs. Is this WoW Classic rearing its head, and the devs thinking just because some people like Classic they need to go back to old models of content?
    There were no dailies in Vanilla, nor there are in Classic now. Direct your anger somewhere else.

Btw, dailies or WQs, what's the difference? If drop rates and spawn timers suck, they are certainly going to be a hassle (more than they already are, that is).
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends303 View Post
    I rather had done world quests at this point. The the amount limiting
    How is it limiting to have dailies instead of WQs? You don't have them expiring at odd hours of the night and you have to go pick them up and turn them in?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    There were no dailies in Vanilla, nor there are in Classic now. Direct your anger somewhere else.

Btw, dailies or WQs, what's the difference? If drop rates and spawn timers suck, they are certainly going to be a hassle (more than they already are, that is).
    The difference is you have to go to and from quest giverswith dailies, thus wasting a shit ton of time travelling around which is the point.

WQs are a bit better for travel as the quest giver and quest and quest turn in are all in one spot.

The return to dailies is just deliberate time wasting on travel to and from quest givers. WQs are superior to that in every way and are the exact same gameplay.

got to say this content is not thrilling in the slightest and for how long the black empire quest line is im surprised i have to do it on every alt... very very tedious

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    BfA DID improve all of these things, that is not how I define "fail". Fail was legion but people have goldfish memory.
    Majority would disagree with you. That's all I have to say on this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Majority would disagree with you. That's all I have to say on this matter.
    That majority only exists in your head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Honestly I think its intentional and not a QA thing considering every quest, wq, rare and daily quest in BFA all do the complete opposite of what these two zones dailies do..
    Aye, it has to be intentional design. It's too simplistic a change to be a QA problem.

I wonder if anyone is gonna tell them that vale and uldum have zone assaults to replace the emissary, with wqs as supplement.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Aye, it has to be intentional design. It's too simplistic a change to be a QA problem.
    It is the design of world content you get when the game director used all the money for the new raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    If I remember correctly the tech was implemented back in Cata where the population of the zone and quest mobs would trigger a quicker respawn timer to keep up with demand.

This content was designed to waste your time. It's obvious.

Low rewards. Low spawn rates. Low drop rates. Non shared clickable objects.

It was on the PTR for months with no changes. This was DESIGNED this way. They know this is the only content they have for 8-10 months so it's 100% designed to waste your fucking time and drag out the rep and time-gating for months on end.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    I actually agree with the OP. These need to be fixed... They're harder and take much longer than any quests I'm used to and it just feels bad.
    Almost like they are meant for people to do them with some of the newer and higher item level gear that we are getting in the next 2 weeks.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."