Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

8.3.5 and what we lost

on blizzcon Ion said BfA is far from complete there is still something to tell. But now 8.3.5 is canceled, and his story is gone too.What do we lose from old interviews
    1. the alliance will have a choice like the horde

2. Alliance finds out who freed Saurfang from Horde player

3. Anduin asked for advice from Turalyon

4. Conversation of Anduin and Taelia

5. Noble of house dissatisfied with anduin

6. Scarlet Crusade in Stormwind( revolution? )

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    on blizzcon Ion said BfA is far from complete there is still something to tell.
    Yeah, and there was still something to tell:

And now it's told. Well technically it will end this tuesday, when the N'Zoth defeat cinematic is uncovered.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

You expected Alliance story development?

Omegalul

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What do we lose from old interviews
    Care to post those interviews? Otherwise this all can be dismissed without proof.

We didn't lose shit. You didn't paid for any 8.3.5, and they can't cancel what they haven't announced. We have a million reasons to dislike BfA and 8.3, you don't need to fabricate more.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Care to post those interviews? Otherwise this all can be dismissed without proof.

We didn't lose shit. You didn't paid for any 8.3.5, and they can't cancel what they haven't announced. We have a million reasons to dislike BfA and 8.3, you don't need to fabricate more.
    Ion it's you? everyone who is interested lore know that interview

You don't seem to understand how forums work. YOU made the argument, YOU brought up alleged interviews to support your argument. The burder is on YOU to provide said evidence. Or is this another source: dude, trust me?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Yeah it's me, Ion Hazzikotas. You got me. In my spare time I log my trusty ol' MMO-C account and pick arguments with random winos. It's a guilty pleasure of mine really.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    You don't seem to understand how forums work. YOU made the argument, YOU brought up alleged interviews to support your argument. The burder is on YOU to provide said evidence. Or is this another source: dude, trust me?
    just look at OP's thread history. you'll know not to reply to his threads again after.

As has been discussed in every other thread about 8.3.5's cancellation, it's likely the story elements from what would have been 8.3.5 will be shifted into the 9.0 prepatch. I would've preferred a fully fledged patch myself but if we're sacrificing 8.3.5 to get a more polished 9.0, I'm okay with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Yeah it's me, Ion Hazzikotas. You got me. In my spare time I log my trusty ol' MMO-C account and pick arguments with random winos. It's a guilty pleasure of mine really.
    How can you be Ion when I am Ion? Story is being told and done for on tuesday, prepare for a 10 month drought!

Am I missing something? Where was it stated 8.3.5 was planned to begin with?

10+ Year Old Account
    on blizzcon Ion said BfA is far from complete there is still something to tell. But now 8.3.5 is canceled, and his story is gone too.What do we lose from old interviews
    *snip*
    Because your assumptive whining about 8.3.5 needed its own topic, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Am I missing something? Where was it stated 8.3.5 was planned to begin with?
    It wasn't, but some people around here can't go very long without making whiny topics about things - even if they have to pull said things out of their asses.

And if we think losing 8.3.5 is bad, just think of what we lost in a potential 8.5! REEEEEEEEEE

All of these points sound like stuff for a Novel.

Also the cannon in Azshara never went off. But that was more of a "that would he kinda cool. We'll see if that happens." Had no sense of guarantee or promise with that.

3+ Year Old Account
    Well, some people are saying they scrapped it so they can work more on Shadowlands. Also what about the pre patch event? It would be nice for 8.3.5 to be preceding to it, instead of 'skipping' over into another part of the story. They might change their minds, but it's probably very unlikely
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

You ever gonna post the interview or what? Still waiting on the proof.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Well, some people are saying they scrapped it so they can work more on Shadowlands. Also what about the pre patch event? It would be nice for 8.3.5 to be preceding to it, instead of 'skipping' over into another part of the story. They might change their minds, but it's probably very unlikely
    this is what i am afraid of

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Yeah,

it makes me think that before 8.2 hit that they decided to change the whole story around because they felt like they needed to wrap up the expansion sooner than they had anticipated. The story feels a bit jumbled and like things were left out, things which they mentioned during Blizzcon that would happen.

I'm also pretty certain that stuff like "Warfront: Nyalotha" where the Horde and Alliance would've fought against armies of the Black Empire would've been part of BFA if they hadn't abandoned the project. But BFA got abandoned so it caused N'zoth's content patch to end up being much smaller than they had planned it to be.
    Since people seemed to have a lukewarm reaction to shadowlands I think they are going to ramp up their efforts on it. Probably a lot better to have a fresh start with an expansion than trying to salvage one that has a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths. I think it would be the right move. People already wrote BFA off anyway. In a month or 2 even the most ardent of fans will get bored whether they want to admit it or not. They will probably be reeing on the forums with "I'm having so much fun farming dragon soul for transmog and gold! BFA IS AWESOME!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    It doesn't need to be literally stated. Considering we've gotten .5 patches ever since WoD, it's very fair to wonder why there suddenly isn't a 8.3.5.
    You mean since Legion. For one past expansion and one current one. 8.2.5 was also a small patch compared to 8.1.5

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch/6.x

Also if you compare it to Legion 7.3.5 we are not missing out on much https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_7.3.5 They can easily have put an "epilogue" into the current patch instead of needing a separate patch to do that. Or they could be combining an epilogue into the pre-patch for a better story telling experience. Or they could just do nothing.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2020-01-19 at 06:18 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    This site must be where you get all your good ideas from that have made BFA a smash success.