Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Exclamation Leak: BWL is to be massively buffed

This is from a colleague of mine who works in lives in a particular city in a particular island nation for a particular company. He knows I play WoW and forwarded this to me:
    - Blizzard is disappointed that WoW Classic is such a joke and everyone is laughing at them in industry and looking at WoW Classic as an example of how NOT to relaunch things - think Anthem and Breakpoint teams.
    - Everything is way too easy and everything gets exploited and abused as soon as it is released, because the playerbase is no longer as naive as they were back in the day.
    - So they are massively buffing BWL. They internal tests and calculations show that it will be full cleared in under an hour after release. That's content that's meant to last players a few months.
    - They are buffing everything in the raid. Most likely through resistances and mob damage. They can't really add any mechanics.
    - All current gear is going to be useless for BWL and players will have to get pure resist gear, just to survive in there. This means that some bosses will be mathematically unkillable for a while, until the players figure it out and Blizzard "fixes" it.
    - Depending on the success of this, same thing will happen with AQ and Naxx further down the track.
    - Although initially things looked positive, the decline overall in subs has been disastrous.
    - The costs to develop and launch Classic are much, much greater than many seem to realise, and the initial budget was blown out by over 45%.
    - During launch month, multiple teams were reassigned to help deal with the workload, and are no longer required. Expect an announcement regarding layoffs soon.
    - All future development has been put on hold, including the 2022 launch of BC realms. This may be revisited at a later date, but seems unlikely at this time.

ask me if i believe you. the answer may surprise you.

Cool story bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Fancydress View Post
    This is from a colleague of mine who works in lives in a particular city in a particular island nation for a particular company. He knows I play WoW and forwarded this to me:
    - Blizzard is disappointed that WoW Classic is such a joke and everyone is laughing at them in industry and looking at WoW Classic as an example of how NOT to relaunch things - think Anthem and Breakpoint teams.
    - Everything is way too easy and everything gets exploited and abused as soon as it is released, because the playerbase is no longer as naive as they were back in the day.
    - So they are massively buffing BWL. They internal tests and calculations show that it will be full cleared in under an hour after release. That's content that's meant to last players a few months.
    - They are buffing everything in the raid. Most likely through resistances and mob damage. They can't really add any mechanics.
    - All current gear is going to be useless for BWL and players will have to get pure resist gear, just to survive in there. This means that some bosses will be mathematically unkillable for a while, until the players figure it out and Blizzard "fixes" it.
    - Depending on the success of this, same thing will happen with AQ and Naxx further down the track.
    - Although initially things looked positive, the decline overall in subs has been disastrous.
    - The costs to develop and launch Classic are much, much greater than many seem to realise, and the initial budget was blown out by over 45%.
    - During launch month, multiple teams were reassigned to help deal with the workload, and are no longer required. Expect an announcement regarding layoffs soon.
    - All future development has been put on hold, including the 2022 launch of BC realms. This may be revisited at a later date, but seems unlikely at this time.
    Great, let's see the e-mail. Shall we hold our breath?

Let's have a minute of silence for the people who read this.

What exactly do you get out of lying like this? I'd be curious to know what part of your brain exactly is stimulated by this bullshit...

Haha this is a good one, imagine “all of your gear is useless.” Yeah that makes sense

3+ Year Old Account
    Hilarious. Please mods, ban these trolls.

Waiting for op to respond to us... crickets

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    So they are massively buffing BWL. They internal tests and calculations show that it will be full cleared in under an hour after release. That's content that's meant to last players a few months.
    I'll believe it when I see an actual announcement or credible leak.

I refuse to believe that Blizzard would massively buff raid content for the sake of not having APES world first the raid in mere hours.

If Blizzard really have been haemorrhaging subscribers, maybe they should try hotfixing their morals first before breaking their #NoChanges promise?

I quit WoW because of what they did to Blitzchung and haven't touched anything from Blizzard since. After watching the company shit all over Heroes of the Storm, Classic was my last hurrah and while I enjoyed the Classic experience greatly, unfortunately (for Blizzard) I have a moral compass and don't approve of how and why they punished Blitzchung for speaking up about Hong Kong. All they had to do was distance themselves from his statement and set clear rules in place to ensure it doesn't happen again; not distort an already ambiguous rule to fit their own twisted narrative.

And I actually know die-hard Blizzard fans who went further than me and issued formal account deletion requests to Blizzard. Blizzard's servers were actually overloaded with account deletion requests following the Hearthstone Grandmasters controversy.

Given the retirement of WCS and rumours that Overwatch League is being shitcanned, I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard were in dire financial straits thanks to their incredible PR misstep.

Quote Originally Posted by WraithKingOstarion View Post
    ask me if i believe you. the answer may surprise you.
    10 Posts Made Before Disaster. You won't believe #4.

SecretAgent alt account?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Damn bro you need to hit up Bellular with this

Quote Originally Posted by Clbull View Post
    I'll believe it when I see an actual announcement or credible leak.

I refuse to believe that Blizzard would massively buff raid content for the sake of not having APES world first the raid in mere hours.

If Blizzard really have been haemorrhaging subscribers, maybe they should try hotfixing their morals first before breaking their #NoChanges promise?

I quit WoW because of what they did to Blitzchung and haven't touched anything from Blizzard since. After watching the company shit all over Heroes of the Storm, Classic was my last hurrah and while I enjoyed the Classic experience greatly, unfortunately (for Blizzard) I have a moral compass and don't approve of how and why they punished Blitzchung for speaking up about Hong Kong. All they had to do was distance themselves from his statement and set clear rules in place to ensure it doesn't happen again; not distort an already ambiguous rule to fit their own twisted narrative.

And I actually know die-hard Blizzard fans who went further than me and issued formal account deletion requests to Blizzard. Blizzard's servers were actually overloaded with account deletion requests following the Hearthstone Grandmasters controversy.

Given the retirement of WCS and rumours that Overwatch League is being shitcanned, I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard were in dire financial straits thanks to their incredible PR misstep.
    God, give it a rest.

Cool story bob.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds plausible and matches my observations.

15+ Year Old Account
    Glad to see MMOC forums are still bottom of the barrel quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Soviet Russia, cool story tell you!
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    I am your father's uncle's best friend's college roommate.
    -Dark Helmet, paraphrased
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Awful fan-fiction.