Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Look I'm playing Classic instead of 8.3 too. And honestly short of a major policy change at Blizzard I don't see classic ever not being my main game anymore.

But threads like these are exactly how you make sure people don't play Classic.
    This, all of it. Don't be That Guy. That's how a bunch of people rush to the Classic forums to shotgun diarrhea all over the joint.

Live and let live. It's done miracles for my stress.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    As someone in the Southwestern USA, summer can bite my ass.
    As someone in southeast US, I concur. Summer can go blow.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

You know it's funny: Retail makes me want to play classic due to Classic's simplicity, but Classic is so primitive it makes me want to play retail. If I had to pick one I'd pick Classic only because Retail feels totally foreign to me now. It looks way prettier, has a lot better visuals but there are too many crazy effects, and the increased detail is nuts lag. And RNG on top of RNG on top of time gating and grinds mixed in with adjustments to PVE to make it suitable for an e-sport just makes me feel like I woke up from a coma after 20 years and the world has changed so much I feel out of place.

An updated Classic that fixed the problems (fuck #nochanges) would have been amazing and pretty close to perfect. So would TBC/Wrath.

Classic and BFA are both middle in the road versions of the game. I'd much rather have WotLK back.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    You know it's funny: Retail makes me want to play classic due to Classic's simplicity, but Classic is so primitive it makes me want to play retail. If I had to pick one I'd pick Classic only because Retail feels totally foreign to me now. It looks way prettier, has a lot better visuals but there are too many crazy effects, and the increased detail is nuts lag. And RNG on top of RNG on top of time gating and grinds mixed in with adjustments to PVE to make it suitable for an e-sport just makes me feel like I woke up from a coma after 20 years and the world has changed so much I feel out of place.

An updated Classic that fixed the problems (fuck #nochanges) would have been amazing and pretty close to perfect. So would TBC/Wrath.
    are you saying that the 1% to warforge is somehow different from the 1% for a hoj to drop? interesting.

boomers on the internet lol

Quote Originally Posted by 123youshowme View Post
    are you saying that the 1% to warforge is somehow different from the 1% for a hoj to drop? interesting.

No, but everything else in retail feels way too foreign to me. Classic just feels primitive due to the outdated class design, everything else is actually pretty good compared to retail.

Quote Originally Posted by 123youshowme View Post

Rofl.... not even close.

If you get HoJ to drop, you did it, you're done.

In the WF/TF version of the game, you get HoJ to drop but it's not Titanforged HoJ so you keep farming because you want a better version of HoJ.

Besides the point anyway though, WF/TF is mostly gone and confirmed to not be a part of SL.

OT: Classic leveling is great... .everything else though is sooooo freaking dull. We had fun back in the day because it was the best we had. Now we have seen better, so minimalistic boss fights are snoozefests. Did MC once and would have to be in a coma to do it again (could probably finish it in a coma too), so quit raiding to level because 5-6 months of MC would have put me in an institution.
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2020-01-19 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Rofl.... not even close.

In the WF/TF version of the game, you get HoJ to drop but it's not Titanforged HoJ so you keep farming because you want a better version of HoJ.

Besides the point anyway though, WF/TF is mostly gone and confirmed to not be a part of SL.

OT: Classic leveling is great... .everything else though is sooooo freaking dull. We had fun back in the day because it was the best we had. Now we have seen better, so minimalistic boss fights are snoozefests. Did MC once and would have to be in a coma to do it again (could probably finish it in a coma too), so quit raiding to level because 5-6 months of MC would have put me in an institution.
    Funnily enough leveling is what felt like the most grindy. It took me a long time to hit 60 on my Pally and I can barely bring myself to try leveling my shaman because leveling is so tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Funnily enough leveling is what felt like the most grindy. It took me a long time to hit 60 on my Pally and I can barely bring myself to try leveling my shaman because leveling is so tedious.
    I just find... nothing to do at max level, you can only run the same dungeons so much before you have what you need or your tearing your hair out because you're sick of Strat and the chest won't drop! And after that, unless you PvP (which I hate) you're either only doing MC or Ony forever, and soon BWL but it's just the same easy thing over and over and over again.

It's like if a Mythic raider was only doing LFR for weeks on end. At least with the different levels of raids in retail people can find a level that provides them the right kind of challenge they're looking for.

With classic it's like... LFR/Normal provides the best loot in the game

Rofl.... not even close.

Only forum tards that have no idea how the game even works farm TF. That's the joke.

- - - Updated - - -

I just find... nothing to do at max level, you can only run the same dungeons so much before you have what you need or your tearing your hair out because you're sick of Strat and the chest won't drop! And after that, unless you PvP (which I hate) you're either only doing MC or Ony forever, and soon BWL but it's just the same easy thing over and over and over again.

It's like if a Mythic raider was only doing LFR for weeks on end. At least with the different levels of raids in retail people can find a level that provides them the right kind of challenge they're looking for.

With classic it's like... LFR/Normal provides the best loot in the game
    shhhh this is not the place for logic

Hey buddy, I think you got the wrong general, the classic one is two blocks down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine playing together with people like OP, that alone is reason not to touch classic.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Classic WoW is the way to the dumpster...

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Both "WoW is Dead/Dying" and "Game vs. Game" threads don't tend to produce much in the way in constructive discussion or debate. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead