Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    True, this whole "cult of trump" thing is something that only someone who has no idea how republicans/right wingers think would believe.
    You mean by supporting extremist Christians like Pence and Pompeo?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    And the possibility that the earth is flat is "always there."
    You already tried this fallacy of conflating politics and opinions with physical reality. I ignored it once, not sure why you're insisting on this nonsense.

But then again if you don't believe that the possibility of you being wrong exists in the first place, it makes sense that you'd make such a conflation. Cultists always believe to possess absolute truths.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

The gap is wider, yes, but not because of the right, because the left has become increasingly radical over these last years while the center and right hasn't.
    They're like the people of old who watched the sun circle the sky and thought it was moving, when they were the one drifting away from the center.
    The Sanders wing and the Biden wing of the democratic party has always existed medicare for all was being discussed during the Clinton administration. What policies have the left espoused that's shift further left? Are you seriously saying the right hasn't gone to the extreme? you elected a man whose main feature was espousing a racist conspiracy theory that Obama was a Kenyan Muslim. The Trump white house has had nearly a dozen convicted felons and has included well known racists like Stephen Miller, Steve Bannon, Sebastian Gorka. Please tell me these how the the right hasn't gone far far right you guys used to laugh at those clowns.

Yawn. Projectionist fantasy.
    That's some irony right there.

10+ Year Old Account
    You already tried this fallacy of conflating politics and opinions with physical reality. I ignored it once, not sure why you're insisting on this nonsense.

But then again if you don't believe that the possibility of you being wrong exists in the first place, it makes sense that you'd make such a conflation. Cultists always believe to possess absolute truths.
    And yet here you are again, not positing any evidence to support your claims.

At least flat earthers and moon landing fakers bandy about nonsense talking points. You're not even standing up to their caliber of fake-proof.

Like I said. I, my entire life, have been watching the discourse and actions of democrats and republicans. Not listening to what they supposedly stand for. Not caring about what they stood for 40 years ago or 50 years ago or 100 years ago. Because those things don't matter when contrasted with what they're doing now. I've watched their actions and what they've amounted to. Because that is what matters at the end of the day.

I have come to the opinion that the republicans are a myopic, short-sighted political party that preys on the fears of WASP Americans to perpetuate themselves in a place of power that they use to drive funding to various sympathetic businesses, corporations, and, subsequently, themselves. That is all that the sum of their legislation has amounted to in the past 20 years. They dress it up with a notion of small business, while doing nothing to support it and instead channeling money into large corporations. They dress it up with a notion of godliness, whilst championing the rich, demonizing the poor, decrying welfare and fielding pedophiles and adulterers as candidates. They dress it up with the notion of supporting America's proud history, whilst courting authoritarian regimes and social movements that have historically been America's enemies.

Could I be wrong about that? I have seen nothing to indicate otherwise. Just like I've seen nothing to prove that the earth is flat. Or that birds are government surveillance drones. And you're not providing any proof to the antithesis. So either provide some, or get out of here with your fake-woke nonsense. Because it's real damn tiresome.

You and the other usual suspects pop into threads and you don't say anything. Sure, you post a lot of words, but it's all just "begging the question." You answer questions with questions. You take these weird, detached stances that you misconstrue as enlightened arguments. Or, at least, WANT people to view them as such. But you never take a side. It's always either whataboutism or jeering on the other usual suspects in a circle jerk. "But what about the DEMOCRATS being racist!?" "But what if YOU'RE actually wrong?!" "Oh yeah I sure agree with you that the DEMOCRATS sure are detached, other stodgy right-wing poster!" That's all your posts have amounted to.

Are you so unable to support your own political views that you can't even whip up a sentence about them? The conspicuous absence from the Trump threads indicates to me you don't think you can support him anymore, so you've resolved to lashing out from under your rock when it suits you. But never so much that you'll come to any actual defense of what you believe in, beyond trying to drag the other person down into a pointless strawman or smokescreen game.

How about this, why do YOU believe that the republicans stand for any moral or economic standpoint? Huh? On the subject of the thread, how do you think they ACTUALLY appeal to minorities?

Let's get those words of yours formed into useful sentences for once.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2020-01-19 at 11:02 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

You really don't get it. Evidence isn't needed to prove the possibility of someone being wrong about something.
    That possibility always exists when it comes to opinions and politics, and if you were honest you'd keep that in mind.
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.

10+ Year Old Account
    You really don't get it. Evidence isn't needed to prove the possibility of someone being wrong about something.
    That possibility always exists when it comes to opinions and politics, and if you were honest you'd keep that in mind.
    Yes, there's also a possibility that there's a teapot in orbit around the sun.

But for all practical intents and purposes basing policy off that possibility would be, in academic terms, fucking moronic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Yes, there's also a possibility that there's a teapot in orbit around the sun.

But for all practical intents and purposes basing policy off that possibility would be, in academic terms, fucking moronic.
    Again you conflate politics and opinions with physical reality, acting as if your opinion is a factual truth. It isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again you conflate politics and opinions with physical reality, acting as if your opinion is a factual truth. It isn't.
    Because political science isn't a thing. Sure Jan.

Glad to see even at this late hour American anti-intellectualism is alive and well.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Because political science isn't a thing. Sure Jan.
    Glad to see even at this late hour American anti-intellectualism is alive and well.
    And you're the holder of truth on the matter, am I right?
    As I said, spare me.

10+ Year Old Account
    And you're the holder of truth on the matter, am I right?
    No, please take your strawmen elsewhere.

No, please take your strawmen elsewhere.
    It's the one thing I wanted to know about, if you can hold true that 1% chance that you might be wrong about your judgement of republicans.
    And you said "no".

Which makes you claim you're holding the absolute truth on the matter, despite your crying strawman here.

At least flat earthers and moon landing fakers bandy about nonsense talking points. You're not even standing up to their caliber of fake-proof.

Like I said. I, my entire life, have been watching the discourse and actions of democrats and republicans. Not listening to what they supposedly stand for. Not caring about what they stood for 40 years ago or 50 years ago or 100 years ago. Because those things don't matter when contrasted with what they're doing now. I've watched their actions and what they've amounted to. Because that is what matters at the end of the day.

I have come to the opinion that the republicans are a myopic, short-sighted political party that preys on the fears of WASP Americans to perpetuate themselves in a place of power that they use to drive funding to various sympathetic businesses, corporations, and, subsequently, themselves. That is all that the sum of their legislation has amounted to in the past 20 years. They dress it up with a notion of small business, while doing nothing to support it and instead channeling money into large corporations. They dress it up with a notion of godliness, whilst championing the rich, demonizing the poor, decrying welfare and fielding pedophiles and adulterers as candidates. They dress it up with the notion of supporting America's proud history, whilst courting authoritarian regimes and social movements that have historically been America's enemies.

Could I be wrong about that? I have seen nothing to indicate otherwise. Just like I've seen nothing to prove that the earth is flat. Or that birds are government surveillance drones. And you're not providing any proof to the antithesis. So either provide some, or get out of here with your fake-woke nonsense. Because it's real damn tiresome.

You and the other usual suspects pop into threads and you don't say anything. Sure, you post a lot of words, but it's all just "begging the question." You answer questions with questions. You take these weird, detached stances that you misconstrue as enlightened arguments. Or, at least, WANT people to view them as such. But you never take a side. It's always either whataboutism or jeering on the other usual suspects in a circle jerk. "But what about the DEMOCRATS being racist!?" "But what if YOU'RE actually wrong?!" "Oh yeah I sure agree with you that the DEMOCRATS sure are detached, other stodgy right-wing poster!" That's all your posts have amounted to.

Are you so unable to support your own political views that you can't even whip up a sentence about them? The conspicuous absence from the Trump threads indicates to me you don't think you can support him anymore, so you've resolved to lashing out from under your rock when it suits you. But never so much that you'll come to any actual defense of what you believe in, beyond trying to drag the other person down into a pointless strawman or smokescreen game.

How about this, why do YOU believe that the republicans stand for any moral or economic standpoint? Huh? On the subject of the thread, how do you think they ACTUALLY appeal to minorities?

Let's get those words of yours formed into useful sentences for once.
    What a well written response that utterly destroys his/her point... sadly it was given to a person who is here to say outright lies or to shitpost in these forums. It would be like Abraham Lincoln giving the Gettysburg Address to a brick wall and expecting it to change. No matter how masterful, touching, or eloquent the speech it is still a brick wall and will never change.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the one thing I wanted to know about, if you can hold true that 1% chance that you might be wrong about your judgement of republicans.
    And you said "no".
    I said "no", as in "no, I don't claim to be the sole holder of truth".

It's also an irrelevant question in the vein of "but how do we know the sun will rise tomorrow" - the correct answer being 'shut the fuck up nerd and stop playing 3D chess against your own brain'.

I said "no", as in "no, I don't claim to be the sole holder of truth".

It's also an irrelevant question in the vein of "but how do we know the sun will rise tomorrow" - the correct answer being 'shut the fuck up nerd and stop playing 3D chess against your own brain'.
    It's actually a way of testing if I'm talking to a person or an ideologue.
    A person will always admit the smallest chance of being wrong about something, even if that doesn't seem the case of the situation.
    An ideologue will adamantly refuse that and keep projecting the dogma.

As I said at the start, I wanted to test your character, and your constant conflation of your personal subjective opinion with physical reality tells me which of the two you are.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's actually a way of testing if I'm talking to a person or an ideologue.
    A person will always admit the smallest chance of being wrong about something, even if that doesn't seem the case of the situation.
    An ideologue will adamantly refuse that and keep projecting the dogma.

As I said at the start, I wanted to test your character, and your constant conflation of your personal subjective opinion with physical reality tells me which of the two you are.
    Not wanting to repeatedly restate an obvious truism makes someone an ideologue now. What a crock, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you don't have any?

I'll go on believing what I believe, then. And all I'm hearing from you is "well, I can't prove you wrong that the republicans are an utter dumpster fire, soundly worse than the democrats in all respects..."

So I'm still awaiting evidence, just as I'm still awaiting you making those words you type into meaningful sentences, instead of just noise.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Not wanting to repeatedly restate an obvious truism makes someone an ideologue now. What a crock, lol.
    If it was so obvious, you'd state it at least once. So far you haven't.

Not once have you said "I could be wrong about republicans", which you clearly could.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Being a republican as a muslim makes almost as much sense as gays being republican.
    My argument to that is the same argument I make when people point out there were a couple blacks in the Confederate army.

"Stupidity isn't a trait that's exclusive to us white men." ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    If it was so obvious, you'd state it at least once. So far you haven't.
    Because, again, bringing up Russell's Teapot during every discussion serves no constructive purpose.

Because, again, bringing up Russell's Teapot during every discussion serves no constructive purpose.
    Still waiting...