Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Fat humanoid goes ham because they added a rat mount.

Mmm, makes sense.

"The game sucks because it sucks."

Mmm, makes sense.

Why do we even fucking care what this whining baby has to say? I bet you could watch all his "content" on every single patch release for the past 5 years and you would see the same ranting bullshit he does in this video.

Who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    -snip-
    The issue is, a lot of youtubers see this drama as easy way to stirr up things and views, lots of views means more money, especially in a very unstable enviroment that is Youtube, these people are out on anything.

However, i think a lot of people are quite simply contrarian on the basis of the following train of thought:
    1.Youtubers are bad / biased / stupid
    2.Youtuber has opinion X
    3.Therefore X is the wrong opinion and i must disagree with it

Not every Youtuber is a genius and a unbiased pillar of information, but that doesn't mean that if they complain about something that there might be an ounce of truth in it.
    But that would mean you'd agree with a Youtuber, so some people feel obligated to take the opposite stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    1. they wouldnt, the mount wouldnt simply exist without profit in mind
    That's just a guess on your part.

2. wow started with roughly 50 people at the release, check how many fucking people they have now
    Last time i heard, it was about 60-70.

sure they TRY to decrease costs, but can you imagine how massive cut in costs would they need without microtransactions with the same price of sub?
    You can argue over this all day, but the situation is simply, set by your own standard: They are a company and if they see their bottomline threatened, they would increase the sub fee.
    They aren't, that means they found ways to decrease production costs.

3. ok, for that "luring people", i might agree, BUT! a. if you are already on 6m sub (which is cheapest anyway) you get it as a gift b. the mount can be bought for gold, completely ignoring the sub offer...
    Yes, but if those people are subbed anyway, you didn't make any additional profit.
    Like, look at the facts, (retail) WoW is now facing a content drought for ~10months, the sub always drop during that period, this is a cheap way to cover some subs during that drought.

If this was meant as a "gift" they would have released it at any point, but the fact that they release right before a content drought, means they see it as a way to prevent an bigger nosedive in terms of revenue during that period.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-01-19 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The implication is that people are too stupid to know what they want.
    While a lot of what you say is to a point, this line here is rather nasty as it's literally the excuse for every addiction-enabling company, hell - every gambling organization in the world and has been the backbone argument for Ayn Randian selfish-interested douchebags for decades. I don't believe implication is they're too stupid to know what they want, but rather it's that they're exploiting an addiction. The only question is - how far is too far? ((Before sychophants get 'triggered' by that line, In this case I think blizz has done more egregious things than this mount in the past. Just making a point in regards to the above line. :P))

On the flipside though, while I believe how handling the mount is worth discussing, I also agree it's not worth a 10-minute anger-rant video just to meet an youtube algorithm. That part we for-sure agree on! :P
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2020-01-19 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I don't get why people are that mad about this

Store mounts are one thing, and I totally get why people don't like them. This mount is basically free if you play long term, like a perk to consistent players. I dunno if I'll be playing in 6 months, so I'm not gonna buy a 6 month sub - and that's okay. This existing doesn't hurt anyone like a store mount does
    If you read this topic, people are mad about that manchild who throws tantrums completely unjustified.

He's just charging up the outrage machine for clicks and sadly the op has decided to accommodate him.

Don't buy the six months. Don't stress about the mount. It's not stupid. It's the player's choice. The implication is that people are too stupid to know what they want. He's talking to you. He thinks he has to warn you about stuff like this because your brain cells are so attenuated that you can't see reality for what it is.

YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.
    Jesus fuck, preach. Nothing gives me more cancer than people just serving as amps for youtubers instead of putting in any effort and forming their own opinions. Whenever I ask someone why they think a certain way and instead of some kind of reasoned explanation, they toss me some fucking Asmongold or Heelsvsbabyface or Pyromancer or whatever the fuck that guy's name is or whoever the fuck, I just get an urge to launch them into the sun. Especially when it's some dude with a ton of followers and you can just see the lemmings rushing to their cause, repeating the same drivel. Like, some people are just hardwired to be lackeys for the biggest mouth.

And I don't even give a flying shit about Blizzard or WoW. Sure, I play, but if they shut it down right now, I'd just move on to something else. Shit, I'll be the first to call them out on their bullshit, but it's like if you're trying to fix some issue and a screaming horde of howler monkeys led by the youtubers shows up and just starts screaming and making noise at everything they don't like, justified or not, and everything just gets lost in the noise.
    Last edited by Biske; 2020-01-19 at 11:17 PM.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    The issue is, a lot of youtubers see this drama as easy way to stirr up things and views, lots of views means more money, especially in a very unstable enviroment that is Youtube, these people are out on anything.

However, i think a lot of people are quite simply contrarian on the basis of the following train of thought:
    1.Youtubers are bad / biased / stupid
    2.Youtuber has opinion X
    3.Therefore X is the wrong opinion and i must disagree with it

Not every Youtuber is a genius and a unbiased pillar of information, but that doesn't mean that if they complain about something that there might be an ounce of truth in it.
    But that would mean you'd agree with a Youtuber, so some people feel obligated to take the opposite stance.
    There's definitely a large helping of that.

What I really wish more people would do is to look at what's actually being said, and not who's saying it. Yes, guys like Az are stirring things up and sensationalizing the topic. But when you get down to it, the points ARE still valid:

1) There are too many cash shop mounts too frequently, and for the wrong reasons.

2) Blizzard is cashing in by taking advantage of player emotional investment. And while it's true that it's easier to make a single mount than it is to make better quality content in all other areas, it still stings from the consumer point of view when you consider that this is being released as an OBVIOUS way to lock players in during a content drought.

So if youtubers are taking advantage of the situation, I don't really view that as something to be shit on. Especially as long as Blizzard is treating its customers the way they have been. But that's just me.

We definitely could use less tribalism across the board, however. That's something I absolutely agree with.

1) There are too many cash shop mounts too frequently, and for the wrong reasons.
    Completely invalid. Blizz shop looks poor anyways

2) Blizzard is cashing in by taking advantage of player emotional investment. And while it's true that it's easier to make a single mount than it is to make better quality content in all other areas, it still stings from the consumer point of view when you consider that this is being released as an OBVIOUS way to lock players in during a content drought.
    Bullshit, you take restaurant bonus card not because you are emotionally attached to their dishes but because you like their food and you get a bonus when ordering X dishes. Simple as that, don't try to write some non-existent emotional reasons people would get this mount for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Yeah, and I don't get why Az is mad about it
    Because he is manchild, dude with unstable mentality and issues with compulsory obsessions thinking he is the enlightened one herding the sheeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Major false equivalence there.

They are not putting in this mount instead of doing a patch 8.3.5, and to characterize it as such is asinine. A new mount is basically just the work of a few artists. A patch takes the entire development team.

They are working on 9.0 instead of 8.3.5. That is the real trade-off Blizzard is choosing to make.

Nevermind that this is the third LNY mount in a row. At this point you shouldn't be shocked or outraged.

And if people didn't want store mounts, Blizzard wouldn't be making them. So cry and thrash all you want, but they aren't going anywhere.
    Be nice! Morons to this day think that someone a mount that takes them an afternoon to whip up at this point somehow influences their content patches.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    That's just silly.

Everyone outside the MMO champ community will call the MMOC community a plague on the game.

Everyone outside the youtube wow community will call the youtube wow community a plague.

Everyone who doesnt post on the official wow forums will call the official wow forums a plague.

Its all extremely tribal. No one wants to give any credibility to any group outside of their own. Its like a bunch of orcish clans fiefing over Draenor.

People should learn to stop the hate and get along better.
    Thank you for saying this. Not every single YouTuber is annoying, or rude. It just seems that the negative ones are more popular because people like to talk about them for being like that.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Why do people even keep watching this pathetic manchild.. honestly I really don't get it...
    Because people who are anti-Blizzard look for sources that fit their agenda because they think that makes their opinions fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Timewalker View Post
    Who gives a shit what this bald fraud thinks? It's a mount most of us get for free. It's fine.
    What's wrong with being bald?
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    I see these promotions as damage control/lock in subs so it appeases shareholders.
    The game is immensely profitable. What damage is their to control? You thinking the game is horrible does not = damage to control.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's just charging up the outrage machine for clicks and sadly the op has decided to accommodate him.

Don't buy the six months. Don't stress about the mount. It's not stupid. It's the player's choice. The implication is that people are too stupid to know what they want. He's talking to you. He thinks he has to warn you about stuff like this because your brain cells are so attenuated that you can't see reality for what it is.

YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.
    Well to be honest, have you ever looked at some of the posts on the forum? People would act like they absolutely positively were "required" to farm their garrison every single day even after they had enough resources for a lifetime. You have people acting like they need to bullrush through everything...that they're required to do this and that like they're some mythic raider in the run for world firsts. The outrage about boycott Blizzard while completely "ignoring" all the products and things they buy lead by companies that put profit before people.

But I wouldn't say all YT'ers are a plague...

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    The game is immensely profitable. What damage is their to control? You thinking the game is horrible does not = damage to control.
    Not as profitable as it once was hence the need for three of these during 1 expansion lmao.

Not as profitable as it once was hence the need for three of these during 1 expansion lmao.
    It's proftable. That is all that matters to stockholders. ANd there was zero need for any of it. The game is immensely profitable with or without it.

It's proftable. That is all that matters to stockholders. ANd there was zero need for any of it. The game is immensely profitable with or without it.
    Lmao ookay

Lmao ookay
    It is. THe people who have 6 months subscriptions are players who are far likely to be playing regardless. But you keep living your fantasy.

It is. THe people who have 6 months subscriptions are players who are far likely to be playing regardless. But you keep living your fantasy.
    And you keep living yours. It’s not hard to see, but being a blind sheep I suppose it could be.

If you see anyone riding the new Rat and they're afk flying. Go up close and inspect the textures on it. They're so fucking high quality it's baffling. Then you have the amazing particle effects and the /mountspecial. It's a fucking travesty they put this amount of effort into store mounts and not in-game ones.

As for anyone stupid enough to buy 6 months of time for a patch with this amount of mediocre content in it. Meh, that's their decision. Me? I'll be unsubbed in 4-6 weeks after getting AOTC. The other content in this patch is hilariously MEH in my opinion.

Going by some other comments, the newest mount isn't even obtainable via wow tokens, you sub for 6 months or you bust.
    Not 100% sure what you are saying here, but the mount can be bought separately for 25 euros, which is two wow-tokens.

You don't need to sub for 6 months to get it. But if you mean something else then nvm this.
    I disagree.

If these mounts were a regular reskin #5, i couldn't give a shit.
    But it's damn obvious that so many mounts obtainable through actual gameplay are reskins / recolours of another mount.

Yet the store mounts have been top notch.
    In a game where you already pay a monthly sub, it's not okay that most of the real high effort mounts are only obtainable via some "alternate" interaction with Blizzard.

This is a business practice that's fine for a F2P game but not for a game that already asks you to pay a monthly sub.
    Regardless of whether that mount is "free" if you plan to play for 6 months anyway, its primary purpose is to bait people into a 6 month sub that didn't plan to sub for that long - that's where Blizzard makes the revenue.

Mounts where the devs poured in a lot of work should be obtainable by playing the game, not by signing a "contract" with Blizzard on the side.
    In practice, you can buy this with gold, in EU for 450k gold now. There are lots of other mounts in game you can buy for 300-500k or more even, Lightforged Warframe, the "lesser" version of the Mechagone Hard Mode Mount, the three frog mounts etc. You get those by playing the game, aka selling stuff. Those mounts are bad too?

I get what you mean, but since you can use gold to buy wow-tokens these days, there isn't really a difference from store-mounts to semi-expensive vendor-mounts.