Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking finally someone provided the source.

Also I swear I've heard some of those things in game. Hell, yesterday I just did Voss' quest where you talk to Derek and he says some of those lines. Aren't those simply 8.3 stuff that is yet to be found / unlocked after killing N'Zoth?

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    Thanks for the links! Those elements would've been interesting to see. Hopefully the major moments will make it into 9.0 or some other media, but I think the stuff that's particularly close to the BfA story will, like you suggested, be cut. Too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    You expected Alliance story development?

Omegalul
    You realize Alliance had the strongest lore character in the game right? Actually two.

Arthas and Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Even though we have fundamental disagreements on most things, I actually agree with thjs sentiment.

BfA has been a dumpster fire across the board the entire time, from story to gameplay. The sooner we're done with it and move to Shadowlands the better.
    Same with me and you, we can finally agree about something

Not dumpster fire maybe, but lacking for sure :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Care to post those interviews? Otherwise this all can be dismissed without proof.

We didn't lose shit. You didn't paid for any 8.3.5, and they can't cancel what they haven't announced. We have a million reasons to dislike BfA and 8.3, you don't need to fabricate more.
    While I do not wish to validate or deny any speculation/theory brought forward by the thread, I think that you are not being completely fair in this sentiment.

In case they really cut all that content in order to speed up Shadowlands (and just in this case), people have a right to be disappointed. This story has been going on for a couple years now, and cutting the loose ends short by saying that we did not pay for it, therefore no one said we would get them, is kinda on par with the "do you guys not have phones?" mess-up.

Of course we did not pay for what is not here, but if I were to consume a piece of entertainment where every interesting bit is cut in order to get to the end quickly, I would think twice before purchasing the next installment.

8.3.5. would have been a very small patch in terms of content, we're not losing much.

I've never heard of these interviews, and we already know Anduin freed Saurfang with Matthias Shaw's help.

All these things just add up to a few lines of fluff dialogue that wouldn't even constitute a patch. The main story is told.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    You realize Alliance had the strongest lore character in the game right? Actually two.

Arthas and Illidan
    Illidan has never been alliance and arthas hasn't been since warcraft and then all he did was destroy the alliance...

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Illidan has never been alliance and arthas hasn't been since warcraft and then all he did was destroy the alliance...
    His name is the Betrayer so yes he was, and Arthas was Crown Prince of Lordaeron.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Of course we did not pay for what is not here, but if I were to consume a piece of entertainment where every interesting bit is cut in order to get to the end quickly, I would think twice before purchasing the next installment.
    But unannouced data mined content is not the same as being "cut". Things in development change and while it was "cut" from plans that is a bit dishonest to call it that. Because it is in development. Things like WotLK flying which made it on to the game box is something that was cut. Datamined voice overs are not. We don't know if they baked it into 8.3. If it will be part of patch 9.0 or if it was just part of the story that they never went with.

It isn't fair to attack blizzard over things they never said we were getting.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    His name is the Betrayer so yes he was, and Arthas was Crown Prince of Lordaeron.
    Illidan wasn't the betrayer of the alliance he was never in the alliance.... arthas also wasn't the crown prince after you know he killed the king? destroyed lordaeron? dismantled half the alliance and was nothing but a villain in wow?

15+ Year Old Account
    The alliance did not even exist when Illidan earned the title of Betrayer. So calling him an alliance story development just because he is a night elf is dumb. Even more so when his story developed as a Neutral force. One that has both horde and alliance followers tied to him. Arthas was from the Alliance but not really part of the alliance story development outside of WC3. In WoW he was not part of Alliance story development.

Alliance has had story development but claiming Arthas and Illidan are part of it just silly.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Arthas and Illidan
    I hope you're not serious. But I assume you are since [/s] ist missing.

There are so many things wrong with this statement:

- The Alliance we know (aka Stormwind based alliance) didn't even exist in Warcraft 3, where Illidan's and Arthas' story began.
    - The Kingdom of Lordaeron (which Arthas was Prince of) and it's capital were given to the HORDE in WoW
    - Forsaken, which have the most ties to Arthas, since they were all former people of Lordaeron, are a HORDE race
    - Arthas is the reason the Blood (High) elves had to abandon their isolation, and guess what? They joined the HORDE!
    - Let's state the obvious: Both Horde and Alliance had the same overall story regarding Illidan and Arthas in BC, WotLK and Legion.
    - kinda linked to forsaken, also a little farfetched: Arthas created Sylvanas.

Just a few of many reasons why your comment is utter nonsense.
    So yeah... Arthas' and Illidan's existance did in no way develope story for the Alliance in World of Warcraft.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2020-01-20 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    It doesn't need to be literally stated.

Considering we've gotten .5 patches ever since WoD, it's very fair to wonder why there suddenly isn't a 8.3.5.
    There is a very large difference in "wondering why no .5" and stating ".5 was cancelled!"

For something to be cancelled it literally does need to be stated it's happening in the first place.

This would be like saying the Horde had one of the strongest characters, Gul'dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    This would be like saying the Horde had one of the strongest characters, Gul'dan.
    “Gul'dan was the first orcish warlock as well as the de facto founder of the Horde.”

Very first sentence on the page.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Gul%27dan

He formed the very first Horde (Old), which became the New Horde led by Thrall after they were defeated by the Alliance of Lordaeron.
    Last edited by muto; 2020-01-20 at 02:08 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    There is a very large difference in "wondering why no .5" and stating ".5 was cancelled!"

For something to be cancelled it literally does need to be stated it's happening in the first place.
    Well, if we knew nothing about SL patch schedule, and it had only two major patches (aka no 9.3), then 9.3 wouldn't technically be "cancelled" since it would have never been announced. But people would be disappointed nevertheless, and rightfully so.

On the other hand, those story elements could fit in 9.0 prepatch and call it a day. The sooner BfA is over, the better.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

“Gul'dan was the first orcish warlock as well as the de facto founder of the Horde.”

Very first sentence on the page.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Gul%27dan

He formed the very first Horde (Old), which became the New Horde led by Thrall after they were defeated by the Alliance of Lordaeron.
    That's the point.
    He has nothing to do with the new Horde in reality, so it's silly to claim.

Just like Illidan has even less to do with the Alliance.

His name is the Betrayer so yes he was,.
    Yeah... he Betrayed the Night Elves.... 10,000+ years before there were even humans, and certainly before there was an Alliance.

What's the obsession with no 8.3.5? What did we gain from having a 7.3.5? Some breadcrumb quests for the allied races and an azerite cinematic? Not to mention the stupidly long leveling overhaul.

I for one am glad there is no 8.3.5. More development resources to Shadowlands instead of working on more BfA content. We have Nyalotha and Nzoth, I'm not sure what else you want from BfA

But I guess people want to whine because they just want to whine about something.