Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Oh, there was a vote then? Which reputable, non-biased outlet was it on? Breitbart? Or in your head perhaps?
    StopAntisemitism.org, whose work has been endorsed by the Simon Wiesenthal Center, the Middle East Forum, and the Zachor Legal Institute, among other pro-Jewish organizations.

After a round of voting the poll was left with three candidates: Louis Farrakhan, Richard Spencer, Ilhan Omar.

She won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    StopAntisemitism.org, whose work has been endorsed by the Simon Wiesenthal Center, the Middle East Forum, and the Zachor Legal Institute, among other pro-Jewish organizations.

After a round of voting the poll was left with three candidates: Louis Farrakhan, Richard Spencer, Ilhan Omar.

She won.
    This the same Simon Wiesenthal Center with connections to the Trump organisation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

She won.
    All I could find on her was she was critical of Israel.

She won.
    She won over Richard Spencer? Alrigthy then. Sounds like people just jumping on a bandwagon, while being ill-informed.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    This the same Simon Wiesenthal Center with connections to the Trump organisation?
    Careful, you're starting to veer on der-- obsession here.
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    She won over Richard Spencer? Alrigthy then. Sounds like people just jumping on a bandwagon, while being ill-informed.
    Especially considering Trump blatantly circulated the dual loyalty shit as opposed to supposedly 'implying' it.

As for being critical of Israel: good for her, Israel is an apartheid state.

- - - Updated - - -

Careful, you're starting to veer on der-- obsession here.
    Nah, I just understand why kissing Jesse Jackson's ass doesn't make up for saying the n-word on live TV.

Similarly, just because the SWC claims she's antisemitic does not mean she's an antisemite. It's an appeal to authority fallacy.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account

She won.
    And reading into that, it's pretty much down to lying about Ilhan Omar's statements, and construing opposition to Israel as somehow anti-semitic by nature.

Omar said that some representatives in Congress had "dual loyalties", as they were expected to support Israel as well as their own country. There's nothing antisemitic about calling that out, nor was it aimed at Jewish Americans to begin with.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-anti-semitism
    https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/ilhan-omar-antisemite/

The whole thing is a right-wing hit piece based upon ignoring context and misrepresenting what she actually said.

Plus, the way they rated her the worst of the year? Literally just an online poll. C'mon.

They're not the reputable source you seem to think. "Hey look, these other liars are lying just like me" is not an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    This is where we find out that claim of antisemitism is because people were calling out Israel's government and not actually because people hated jewish people.
    Could, but isn't.
    She never made any attempt at this distinction while clearly pushing for the common trope of the "manipulating with money jew". It's hardly a secret.

You can make the excuse that "it was only about the government", but that'd be a stretch to excuse the comment, not the comment itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could, but isn't.
    She never made any attempt at this distinction while clearly pushing for the common trope of the "manipulating with money jew". It's hardly a secret.
    Why hasn't the right wing won the award for being consistently unable to restrain themselves from blurting out "George Soros" every other sentence, then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Could, but isn't.
    And now you're just deliberately lying.

Clearly makes exactly the distinction you're claiming she never did. This is all widely known. It was more than a year ago. Stop misrepresenting the facts.

Particularly as this is all trying to back up your earlier assertion about the "radical left", and apparently, Omar is all you've got. When she isn't even radical, to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Why hasn't the right wing won the award for being consistently unable to restrain themselves from blurting out "George Soros" every other sentence, then?
    Who's this "the right wing" person you're talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Particularly as this is all trying to back up your earlier assertion about the "radical left", and apparently, Omar is all you've got. When she isn't even radical, to begin with.
    Oh, that's just you misrepresenting a post as always.
    Never said I was citing her as the only example of the radical left, but as one of the antisemite tendencies within it, tendencies you denied being present and attributed solely to the right.

As for Omar's backpedaling, of course she would after being attacked from all sides for those comments.
    The fact that she's admitting those followed the antisemitic tropes proves my point, so thank you for that.
    Last edited by Malaky; 2020-01-17 at 11:30 PM.

American politics flatly isn't "extreme". What passes for "extreme left" is a bunch of entirely ordinary policies like government-subsidized healthcare or education and gun control measures that are common across the majority of first-world nations. What passes for "extreme right" is border control or deregulation that are only far right when considered on an incredibly narrow spectrum of possible options. Basically everyone in any serious race in the United States favors a constitutional republic with a mixed economy, moderate taxes, and classically liberal speech laws.

Republicans have suffered a major collapse of trust in the system.

This means republicans will be charmed by militia and radical right groups.

As a society, we have 2 choices:

1. ignore the warning signs, continue on our current path, and there will be civil unrest.
    2. undergo a massive overhaul of society to charm back republicans into trusting the system before conflict begins. This has a CHANCE of success, but at this point, so much tremendous damage has been done, it may be too late.

Republicans feel everything is under attack. The schools, the courts, media, their political figures. They feel the nation is being invaded and want a wall. Its been a slow burn though. It didn't collapse in one night. Its been multiple decades of change that brought us to this level. I do not believe a person can currently win the GOP nomination unless they overtly say they do not trust the media nor the government. Any republican candidate that does not condemn the system will lose.

Also note the overall trust in government. We gone from around 70% and 80% for each party at the start of the poll series to 28% and 15% today.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2020-01-20 at 12:10 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    As a society, we have 2 choices:

1. ignore the warning signs, continue on our current path, and there will be civil unrest.
    2. undergo a massive overhaul of society to charm back republicans into trusting the system before conflict begins. This has a CHANCE of success, but at this point, so much tremendous damage has been done, it may be too late.

Republicans feel everything is under attack. The schools, the courts, media, their political figures. They feel the nation is being invaded and want a wall. Its been a slow burn though. It didn't collapse in one night. Its been multiple decades of change that brought us to this level. I do not believe a person can currently win the GOP nomination unless they overtly say they do not trust the media nor the government. Any republican candidate that does not condemn the system will lose.

Also note the overall trust in government. We gone from around 70% and 80% for each party at the start of the poll series to 28% and 15% today.
    Yes, yes, we all know your bullshit about how if we don't give Republicans everything they want then they'll get violent and attack people. This is called terrorism. You are defending terrorism.

The GOP has spent decades dumbing down education. Radicalization and polarization..
    This is what it looks like.

The us is pretty extreme in its pro capital anti-labor politics, to the point where even the "left wing" is generally opposed to giving labor more bargaining power. And republicans would have workers earning nothing more than the food it takes to sustain them if it increased profits.

How we came to this point is lost on me. Maybe everyone just stupidly thinks they will break through to the upper classes.
    What have the years of your life taught you to be?

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Yes, yes, we all know your bullshit about how if we don't give Republicans everything they want then they'll get violent and attack people. This is called terrorism. You are defending terrorism.
    I'm not defending terrorism. I'm trying to stop it from happening. We simply cannot continue on our current path without civil unrest breaking out. If anyone here is defending terrorism, its YOU because you are trying to shut down debate, discussion, and bridge building to help sane thoughts prevail.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I'm not defending terrorism. I'm trying to stop it from happening. We simply cannot continue on our current path without civil unrest breaking out. If anyone here is defending terrorism, its YOU because you are trying to shut down debate, discussion, and bridge building to help sane thoughts prevail.
    "Give us what we want or we will commit violence" is pretty much the definition of terrorism. You are saying to give them what they want, thereby feeding into that insanity leading them to demand more under threat of violence.

You're the one supporting terrorism by saying to give in to the threats.

Yeah, the Democrats are staying steady, have been for years, while the Trump cult are nosediving into fucking civil war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, we’re not interested in debating, discussing, or bridge building with terrorists that support a man who thinks the military is full of losers and babies.