Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Not that I believe the OP at all but I would gladly take "spirit of Vanilla" over that #nochanges bullshit which has ruined the possibility for getting an actually improved version of the game to rekindle the spirit and feel that was lost over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I have said this so many times - it is ridiculously easy, and that is absolutely fine - its story mode wow, a social alternative to the competitive retail. One of the key reasons i enjoy raiding in classic is the braindead nature - talking shit in discord, having a laugh, telling stories about vanilla etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh the irony is astounding here. You flat out refuse to accept that anything in the OP might be true because they cant "prove it" and yet you feel entitled to make baseless accusations towards another forum user, without any proof at all. Almost like you simply ignore the OP because it doesnt fit your narrative. Unless you have something to support your claim about my account, i strongly suggest backing off.
    I've asked for evidence on multiple occasions, he has offered nothing. What can be asserted without evidence, can be ignored without evidence.

I'll be here, holding my breath.

Feel free to keep defending the brand new account pushing the baseless conspiracy theories.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I've asked for evidence on multiple occasions, he has offered nothing. What can be asserted without evidence, can be ignored without evidence.

I'll be here, holding my breath.

Feel free to keep defending the brand new account pushing the baseless conspiracy theories.
    Im not defending anyone, i am discussing the content of the post - you know, as per forum rules. If you wish to ignore the topic, as you repeatedly claim (how ironic) by all means, ignore it. By continually engaging you are going against that cute little phrase you borrowed from Hitchens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Not that I believe the OP at all but I would gladly take "spirit of Vanilla" over that #nochanges bullshit which has ruined the possibility for getting an actually improved version of the game to rekindle the spirit and feel that was lost over the years.
    I think it would be very interesting to see what happened to Classic if they went down this road - there is a LOT of big talk from a tiny percentage of the player-base, but i suspect they will do what they have done so far - bend over and let Blizzard do whatever changes they want.

Im not defending anyone, i am discussing the content of the post - you know, as per forum rules. If you wish to ignore the topic, as you repeatedly claim (how ironic) by all means, ignore it. By continually engaging you are going against that cute little phrase you borrowed from Hitchens.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it would be very interesting to see what happened to Classic if they went down this road - there is a LOT of big talk from a tiny percentage of the player-base, but i suspect they will do what they have done so far - bend over and let Blizzard do whatever changes they want.
    Of course you are, and have been doing it from the start. You've been whining, deflecting, all while everyone else is raising the bullshit flag against his baseless conspiracy theories.

I look forward to him being able to provide evidence to back his claims... Alas, he seems unable to provide it. Sadly, you will continue defending his push of baseless conspiracy theories.

Hopefully everyone remembers this post. Because if BWL gets buffed i hope all of you fan bois can realize bellular and the rest are right with there sources . I wouldnt be surprised if it is because the longer your forced to play the longer the sub goes on. Since they cant bait ppl into a mount for 6 months on classic they have to revert to other means necessary

I think their original statement was to get as close to the spirit of wow as they can. Can't find the quote though. What people, and after the evidence shown, wrongly assumed was that blizzard would not make big changes to the game if they thought the changes would benifit the game. We have already seen this.

I am not a fan of the gy change. Admittedly I have never done it and I've only been victim twice (in the context of what blizzard are saying). I believe it to be a valid tactic. But I guess in the whole grand scheme, people being prevented from playing the game is not good for the game. This has nothing to do with wpvp.

The next logical step would be to increase the lifetime of the raids. We all saw what happened with MC and BWL is headed down that road too. Without actually changing the mechanics, a boss DMG and HP buff may be warranted. We are already doing naxx dps and heals. What harm could come from Inc damage by 20% to force some resist gear which could solve dps issue. Or maybe a 100% Inc in HP?

Is OP legit? Maybe. But there some valid points made. Classic is in trouble and something has to be done. Content is too quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Sounds plausible and matches my observations.
    i thought the same. i wish they would have used the nostalrius core, it had much more finetuning and was challenging

Was absolutely, 100% NEVER the goal of Classic.

Not ever.

From day 1, it was announced as a museum piece.

Why you're hoping against all hope for something that was literally NEVER on the table, i dont understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    And yet they announced a major change to a legitimate PvP tactics.
    Its not a change to the tactic.

You can still camp a GY and control it to kill the respawns so they cant get into the fight.

You just dont get Honor for it anymore. Which you never should have.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Was absolutely, 100% NEVER the goal of Classic.

Not ever.

From day 1, it was announced as a museum piece.

Why you're hoping against all hope for something that was literally NEVER on the table, i dont understand.
    Hey guys, check out our T-Rex! now i know what youll say: "why does it have 4 legs, and no tail", well, funny you should ask. You see, back in the day, T-Rex was fine on two legs with a tail, however, once we went to install the T-Rex, we found it very unstable and not suited to the modern environment. So we added some legs, and with the extra legs added, we no longer needed the tail! But hey, its still a T-Rex!

We still believe this accurately represents the SPIRIT of the T-Rex, and continue to strive to deliver #NoChanges Dinos. Oh, and btw, our sharks have wings now!

- - - Updated - - -

You just dont get Honor for it anymore. Which you never should have.
    But, you absolutely DID. So its a fundamental change.

But, you absolutely DID. So its a fundamental change.
    Its behaviour that breaks the ToS.

It broke the ToS of Vanilla.

If it had been prevalent in Vanilla, they'd have made this change then.

What they DID do in Vanilla was ban people who did it.

So.. i guess you'd rather they left the "tactic" in, and just banned your greifing ass instead?

Me too.

Less assclowns cluttering up the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys, check out our T-Rex! now i know what youll say: "why does it have 4 legs, and no tail", well, funny you should ask. You see, back in the day, T-Rex was fine on two legs with a tail, however, once we went to install the T-Rex, we found it very unstable and not suited to the modern environment. So we added some legs, and with the extra legs added, we no longer needed the tail! But hey, its still a T-Rex!

We still believe this accurately represents the SPIRIT of the T-Rex, and continue to strive to deliver #NoChanges Dinos. Oh, and btw, our sharks have wings now!
    What is this even in reply to?

Certainly not me, where i straight up said they are NOT going for the "Spirit" of Classic.

But hey, you rock on with your ignorant barely literate self.

Its behaviour that breaks the ToS.

It broke the ToS of Vanilla.

If it had been prevalent in Vanilla, they'd have made this change then.

What they DID do in Vanilla was ban people who did it.

So.. i guess you'd rather they left the "tactic" in, and just banned your greifing ass instead?

Me too.

Less assclowns cluttering up the game.
    Got any proof at all of that statement? Or just something you gonna throw out there and roll with it. Here is the major problem Blizzard found themselves in - they know full well it does NOT break the ToS, as they say themselves, if a pvp solution exists, it should be used. This is literally a PVP BG, so a pvp solution exists. They have used this as an excuse to make a fundamental change to Classic pvp, because of the tears of the entitled spoiled little brats that are part of the classic community. As countless people have commented, this WAS a major tactic that was used and abused in vanilla, and its only the 'newer' players who gobble up every word Blizzard have to say on the matter.

Thats the funniest part of #NoChanges, Blizzard make major changes to the game, and instead of reacting with outrage and stopping their sub, they all make terrible excuses on Blizzards behalf about how its not REALLY a change.

- - - Updated - - -

But hey, you rock on with your ignorant barely literate self.
    You think i am barely literate? You expect anyone to take you serious with a ridiculous statement like that?
    Last edited by arkanon; 2020-01-20 at 01:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol at the OP. Reads like it was written by a 14 year old. Such an obvious troll post, it’s really poor actually. If anyone even remotely believes that nonsense post then you are seriously gullible

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we please get a lock on these 'obviously bullshit' topics, mods?

10+ Year Old Account
    Man I’m all for leaks for laughs but come on. You have to make so it has even a tinge of believability. This doesn’t. At all.

For one, Blizzard would have announced something like this at Blizzcon. Secondly, they won’t ever do it. The current people working on classic never worked on vanilla or even tbc for that matter. From the real discussion we’ve seen, they don’t exactly like being asked to put any time in on classic as it is. They don’t like how players prefer it as some holy grail over live.

So yeah OP. Nice try. But not even a hint of believability. I give it a 1/10 because of the effort.

To put it another way. If this becomes true I’ll send OP $500 on PayPal. So good luck OP.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    It's funny, as much as a lot of people make jokes about how easy classic is (at least in my friend group), i legitimately feel like thats what people like about it despite not wanting to admit it.
    Shocking!

Classic raiding is just the easy escape for people who cant deal with Retails honest "LFR" labeling.
    At least the amount of LFR-bashing went down a lot since Classic's release, people could not escape the labeling in Retail WoW, but they could escape Retail WoW alltogether. I guess its a WIN:WIN for both sides, Blizzard gets the subs either way and the unreasonable anti-LFR discussions dryed out.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Fancydress View Post
    This is from a colleague of mine who works in lives in a particular city in a particular island nation for a particular company. He knows I play WoW and forwarded this to me:
    - Blizzard is disappointed that WoW Classic is such a joke and everyone is laughing at them in industry and looking at WoW Classic as an example of how NOT to relaunch things - think Anthem and Breakpoint teams.
    - Everything is way too easy and everything gets exploited and abused as soon as it is released, because the playerbase is no longer as naive as they were back in the day.
    - So they are massively buffing BWL. They internal tests and calculations show that it will be full cleared in under an hour after release. That's content that's meant to last players a few months.
    - They are buffing everything in the raid. Most likely through resistances and mob damage. They can't really add any mechanics.
    - All current gear is going to be useless for BWL and players will have to get pure resist gear, just to survive in there. This means that some bosses will be mathematically unkillable for a while, until the players figure it out and Blizzard "fixes" it.
    - Depending on the success of this, same thing will happen with AQ and Naxx further down the track.
    - Although initially things looked positive, the decline overall in subs has been disastrous.
    - The costs to develop and launch Classic are much, much greater than many seem to realise, and the initial budget was blown out by over 45%.
    - During launch month, multiple teams were reassigned to help deal with the workload, and are no longer required. Expect an announcement regarding layoffs soon.
    - All future development has been put on hold, including the 2022 launch of BC realms. This may be revisited at a later date, but seems unlikely at this time.
    Not bad overall. 5.5/10
    I would have scored you a bit higher if it wasn't for your final bulletpoint. Imagine cancelling one of the greatest projects Blizzard has ever seen. Literally no one could believe this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately it’s a slippery slope. But since they gave us fucking cross server battlegrounds and transfers they may as well go full on changes now. And yes I know we had both in vanilla however both didn’t come until the tail end of vanilla. In fact cross server BGs weren’t added until literally a couple months pre TBC. It’s absurd they added them in and it killed off the community of servers again.

It’s sad. Heartseeker where I’m at was a unique server as it was the only Pvp US realm with alliance outnumbering horde 4 to 1. However thanks to that weird scenario we had a great community. The discord was full of people talking it up and we’d run into the same faces daily. Especially during phase 2 for pvp. It was a good bit of fun and many rivals, enemies, and allies were made.

But now cross realm BGs are in so we never see the opposite faction anymore and we didn’t even know that a top guild on the other side transferred off until two weeks after they did.

It really is sad. And now transfers came in so the horde who didn’t like being outnumbered 80% to 20% are fleeing and alliance that want to outnumber horde are coming over. So for horde we are literally down to about three raiding guilds total that don’t have to pug. Seven of the top ten have left now. But because these were both in classic we have to put up with #nochanges!

So I welcome the slippery slope now. This isn’t vanilla 2.0. It’s something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Shocking!

Classic raiding is just the easy escape for people who cant deal with Retails honest "LFR" labeling.
    At least the amount of LFR-bashing went down a lot since Classic's release, people could not escape the labeling in Retail WoW, but they could escape Retail WoW alltogether. I guess its a WIN:WIN for both sides, Blizzard gets the subs either way and the unreasonable anti-LFR discussions dryed out.
    Definitely something i find very confusing - there is a HUGE part of the community that understand exactly where the difficulty lies, and you are bang on with your comparison to LFR. I dont come across many players who have any objection to the comparison, but man, the ones who dont like the label are extremely vocal and will go to extreme lengths to convince others that the difficulty is at or above heroic. A couple of people on here seem to genuinely believe it is equal to mythic raiding on retail. I hope they are just very dedicated trolls, but i fear their delusion has them convinced.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Not bad overall. 5.5/10
    I would have scored you a bit higher if it wasn't for your final bulletpoint. Imagine cancelling one of the greatest projects Blizzard has ever seen. Literally no one could believe this one.
    Do you genuinely believe a re-release of a 10+year old expansion to just one of their major titles could be considered "on of the greatest projects Blizzard has ever seen"?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Unfortunately it’s a slippery slope. .
    A slippery slope argument, in logic, critical thinking, political rhetoric, and caselaw, is often viewed as a logical fallacy in which a party asserts that a relatively small first step leads to a chain of related events culminating in some significant (usually negative) effect. The core of the slippery slope argument is that a specific decision under debate is likely to result in unintended consequences. The strength of such an argument depends on the warrant, i.e. whether or not one can demonstrate a process that leads to the significant effect. This type of argument is sometimes used as a form of fearmongering, in which the probable consequences of a given action are exaggerated in an attempt to scare the audience. The fallacious sense of "slippery slope" is often used synonymously with continuum fallacy, in that it ignores the possibility of middle ground and assumes a discrete transition from category A to category B. In a non-fallacious sense, including use as a legal principle, a middle-ground possibility is acknowledged, and reasoning is provided for the likelihood of the predicted outcome.

Now you know!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fancydress View Post
    The way I understand it is Blizzard are now leaning to "spirit of Vanilla WoW", not the exact copy of Vanilla WoW. Their internal calculation show better player retention with that.
    There was nothing for you to 'understand' in the first place, you are scribbling your hopes and dreams down on the page and desperately hoping they'll spring to life somewhere other than in your imagination.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Should i tell him or......

- - - Updated - - -

This is the biggest lie in the entire classic fanbase - that any of you have any understanding on classic development, its costs, the revenue generated, and the final profit - you have absolutely no idea whatsoever as to how profitable classic was in the first month, how dramatic the dropoff was, and what their ongoing costs are.
    the unkillable bosses were bugs that were fixed.