WoW freezing and crashing since 8.3

since 8.3 released, and never before this point, WoW is crashing or freezing for 10-15 seconds every few minutes. Addons disabled, nothing different. I give lowering my graphics settings a go, but even at bare bones graphics settings (normally I can get away with nearly middle of the road, though every patch has made me lower settings a bit more in BFA) but even at the absolute bottom, 1 render distance and the works, I get the exact same issue.

Task Manager indicates my CPU, GPU, and HDD all take turns hitting 100% utilization, and when those start overlapping, bye bye game.

Haven't heard much from other players complaining about the same issue, and this has been my final straw towards "just buy a new computer already, you cheap bastard", but I'm mainly wondering if you think they'll patch this to playable in the intervening time or if I might as well just unsubscribe until then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

There's a known memory leak (see blues on official forum) and possibly an issue with shaders on some gpus after patch. I deleted my shader cache and the crashes are rarer now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    There's a known memory leak (see blues on official forum) and possibly an issue with shaders on some gpus after patch. I deleted my shader cache and the crashes are rarer now.
    I deleted the WoW cache, which didn't help, what's the shader cache?
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

It's in there.

You are not the only one. Alot ppl suffered this issues including myself. This issue wasn't a thing till 8.3 hits and all suddenly my Full screen wow went to windowed when it acts up 3-5 secs random freeze. I already disabled the addons, Clean uninstall + Reinstall driver, Updated my driver, and etc i followed up. I'm little frustrated to play atm.

Had this issue as well. Could just be coincidental, but after doing a client scan and repair I've no longer had it since.

having the same issue as well. havent found a fix for myself yet

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Had this issue as well. Could just be coincidental, but after doing a client scan and repair I've no longer had it since.
    Gave it a go, still having the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Patch week did nothing, I was really crossing my fingers for something. Tried disabling firewall/antivirus briefly to see if one of them was somehow conflicting (had one error pop up saying access to my graphics card was blocked?!) but that didn't change anything either.

This is so horrible. I crashed multiple times just as I was near the Friendly Alpaca for the daily. I need a fix!

Try setting DirectX 12 or 11 legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Try setting DirectX 12 or 11 legacy.
    How do I do that? I'm up for anything at this point. Several weeks with no sign of a patch to fix it, and my new computer parts are taking forever to ship.

10+ Year Old Account
    do u use killer network?

Quote Originally Posted by Zexaniro View Post
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...-83-intel-gpus

8.3 is unplayable for thousands of players
    Yep. I can't do shit in pre-8.3 content either without a kernel panic. Blizz really shit the bed here. QA? What's that?

7+ Year Old Account
    unplayable for me as well, i can barely do some quests

they are avoiding the problem and putting the blame elsewhere, they even close the thread in the us foruns, cause they think they covered enough and people are getting different things

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    How do I do that? I'm up for anything at this point. Several weeks with no sign of a patch to fix it, and my new computer parts are taking forever to ship.
    menu - system - advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    menu - system - advanced

That finally worked! I can only assume because my GPU, like my whole computer, is old, and my graphics settings got reset to defaults during the patch for some reason, that switch got flipped without me noticing. Game's running smooth again, or as smooth as can be expected. No crashes in around 45 mins of playing. Now to play catch-up since I'm only just starting upgrading my cloak!

Do you use a Mac? It is a known issue that macs don't work since 8.3 launched. There is a thread on the forums with hundreds of people all posting they are having problems.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    You are not the only one. Alot ppl suffered this issues including myself. This issue wasn't a thing till 8.3 hits and all suddenly my Full screen wow went to windowed when it acts up 3-5 secs random freeze. I already disabled the addons, Clean uninstall + Reinstall driver, Updated my driver, and etc i followed up. I'm little frustrated to play atm.
    Wow has been windowed for all of BfA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post

That finally worked! I can only assume because my GPU, like my whole computer, is old, and my graphics settings got reset to defaults during the patch for some reason, that switch got flipped without me noticing. Game's running smooth again, or as smooth as can be expected. No crashes in around 45 mins of playing. Now to play catch-up since I'm only just starting upgrading my cloak!
    Just about every big patch they flip to what WoW thinks you should be running.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."