Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I heard Nef will be MASSIVELY buffed. They're doubling his HP so he dies in 5 minutes instead of two and a half minutes. I hope y'all are ready to be surprised!11!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fancydress View Post
    This is from a colleague of mine who works in lives in a particular city in a particular island nation for a particular company. He knows I play WoW and forwarded this to me:
    - Blizzard is disappointed that WoW Classic is such a joke and everyone is laughing at them in industry and looking at WoW Classic as an example of how NOT to relaunch things - think Anthem and Breakpoint teams.
    - Everything is way too easy and everything gets exploited and abused as soon as it is released, because the playerbase is no longer as naive as they were back in the day.
    - So they are massively buffing BWL. They internal tests and calculations show that it will be full cleared in under an hour after release. That's content that's meant to last players a few months.
    - They are buffing everything in the raid. Most likely through resistances and mob damage. They can't really add any mechanics.
    - All current gear is going to be useless for BWL and players will have to get pure resist gear, just to survive in there. This means that some bosses will be mathematically unkillable for a while, until the players figure it out and Blizzard "fixes" it.
    - Depending on the success of this, same thing will happen with AQ and Naxx further down the track.
    - Although initially things looked positive, the decline overall in subs has been disastrous.
    - The costs to develop and launch Classic are much, much greater than many seem to realise, and the initial budget was blown out by over 45%.
    - During launch month, multiple teams were reassigned to help deal with the workload, and are no longer required. Expect an announcement regarding layoffs soon.
    - All future development has been put on hold, including the 2022 launch of BC realms. This may be revisited at a later date, but seems unlikely at this time.
    The fact that you called him a "colleague" is all I need to see to know your full of it.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

be useless for BWL and players will have to get pure resist gear, just to survive in there. This means that some bosses will be mathematically unkillable for a while, until the players figure it out and Blizzard "fixes" it.
    - Depending on the success of this, same thing will happen with AQ and Naxx further down the track.
    - Although initially things looked positive, the decline overall in subs has been disastrous.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    The fact that you called him a "colleague" is all I need to see to know your full of it.
    why was THAT the one thing that triggered it for you?

There have been more and more posts like this lately, and they keep lasting longer. Do mods no longer remove threads like this on MMOC or is it just slow? I mean the trolling here is so obvious it hurts, and it's ongoing.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is from a colleague of mine who works in lives in a particular city in a particular island nation for a particular company. He knows I play WoW and forwarded this to me:
    - Blizzard is disappointed that WoW Classic is such a joke and everyone is laughing at them in industry and looking at WoW Classic as an example of how NOT to relaunch things - think Anthem and Breakpoint teams.
    - Everything is way too easy and everything gets exploited and abused as soon as it is released, because the playerbase is no longer as naive as they were back in the day.
    - So they are massively buffing BWL. They internal tests and calculations show that it will be full cleared in under an hour after release. That's content that's meant to last players a few months.
    - They are buffing everything in the raid. Most likely through resistances and mob damage. They can't really add any mechanics.
    - All current gear is going to be useless for BWL and players will have to get pure resist gear, just to survive in there. This means that some bosses will be mathematically unkillable for a while, until the players figure it out and Blizzard "fixes" it.
    - The costs to develop and launch Classic are much, much greater than many seem to realise, and the initial budget was blown out by over 45%.
    - During launch month, multiple teams were reassigned to help deal with the workload, and are no longer required. Expect an announcement regarding layoffs soon.
    - All future development has been put on hold, including the 2022 launch of BC realms. This may be revisited at a later date, but seems unlikely at this time.
    I'll give you this, at least you're actually admitting there is a decline in players unlike the usual suspects trying to proclaim there are still millions upon millions of players in Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    I'll give you this, at least you're actually admitting there is a decline in players unlike the usual suspects trying to proclaim there are still millions upon millions of players in Classic.
    I can never find the post, but there was one guy, not a troll account, around 11k posts, declaring without a doubt, that Classic had 150,000,000 - 200,000,000 active players at the end of the year. I have referenced it before and dug for hours trying to find it, but im guessing the thread was removed or something. Anyway, the level of delusion in SOME ( a small percentage) of the classic fanbase is mind-blowing.

I really enjoy classic, but there is absolutely no denying that there has been an apocalyptic reduction in active players, and the hours those players are online. Is taht the end of the world? Fuck no its not, its fine, find a guild, find some like-minded players, and off you go - no problemo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    There have been more and more posts like this lately, and they keep lasting longer. Do mods no longer remove threads like this on MMOC or is it just slow? I mean the trolling here is so obvious it hurts, and it's ongoing.
    And yet around your moaning and child like complaining, there is some genuine discussion going on. You really need to understand that by constantly posting in a thread you THINK is a troll thread, you are doing nothing but bumping it again and again.

So, either A) you don't think its a troll thread, but just want it closed because it doesnt fit your echo chamber narrative, or
    B) You do think its a troll thread, but for some reason want to keep it front and center for all to see.

Some of you need to realise these forums are not your personal echo chamber, where anything you dont like can be shouted down and removed - sometimes people will open threads you dont agree with - if you feel they breach the rules of the site, report the thread, and move on. There is probably 1 page+ of people saying this is a troll thread and should be closed - every single one another bump for the thread. If you see a thread you dont like, but it doesnt breach any rules, just dont open it.

People complaining that a thread should be closed because they dont like it are exactly the same as the clowns who complain a tv show should be banned because they dont like it.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2020-01-20 at 05:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except that massive player number drop off and dead servers indicate that people actually wanted the spirit of Vanilla WoW, not the actual Vanilla WoW.
    They expected a game with good community and challenging content. They got none of that and left.
    Again, bullshit. My server has dozens of people just in IF around the bank right now (9m on a Sunday). The server isn't dead by any definition.

You're just one more person who wants to whine about classic and your mechanism is shitty fan fiction.

"This is from a colleague of mine who works in lives in a particular city in a particular island nation for a particular company. He knows I play WoW"

Well my father's cousin's uncle's former roommate says otherwise, good sir!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Classic hater is desperately trolling. They just can’t stand that Classic is awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I can never find the post, but there was one guy, not a troll account, around 11k posts, declaring without a doubt, that Classic had 150,000,000 - 200,000,000 active players at the end of the year. I have referenced it before and dug for hours trying to find it, but im guessing the thread was removed or something. Anyway, the level of delusion in SOME ( a small percentage) of the classic fanbase is mind-blowing.

I really enjoy classic, but there is absolutely no denying that there has been an apocalyptic reduction in active players, and the hours those players are online. Is taht the end of the world? Fuck no its not, its fine, find a guild, find some like-minded players, and off you go - no problemo.
    They call me a Classic hater but all I really do is call out the BS some of them spread...so I guess that makes me a hater lol

And it's almost always the same few people...similar people who made that sig that claimed Classic would get tons of subs and never lose any while Retail died.

Except that massive player number drop off and dead servers indicate that people actually wanted the spirit of Vanilla WoW, not the actual Vanilla WoW.
    They expected a game with good community and challenging content. They got none of that and left.
    Player skill can't be compared to how it was in vanila. Vice versa, old raids were far less complicated and demanding compared to current raiding. Add to that all the guides and actual experiance in old raids (as opposed to discovering a new territory) and you got the challenging content wishfull thinking goes poof.

Community also changed alot. Retail is mostly toxic (and most toxic players don't even know they are). Most players who did the retail to classic exodus are the same toxic players. Not to mention, people were probably toxic to each other back then as well, and we get even worse as we get older.

The itch for classic is re-living our golden days...sadly, they have passed and nothing can acyially bring them back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ghays View Post
    Classic hater is desperately trolling. They just can’t stand that Classic is awesome.
    Considering how it's almost always Classic players who make the troll threads and threads about how CLassic is better than Retail? It's more than like a Classic player who made this thread.

..So what you're sayin is playable necromancer confimed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    This is the biggest lie in the entire classic fanbase - that any of you have any understanding on classic development, its costs, the revenue generated, and the final profit - you have absolutely no idea whatsoever as to how profitable classic was in the first month, how dramatic the dropoff was, and what their ongoing costs are.
    Nor do you. And this, from OP, is pure shit:

All current gear is going to be useless for BWL and players will have to get pure resist gear, just to survive in there. This means that some bosses will be mathematically unkillable for a while, until the players figure it out and Blizzard "fixes" it
    If you believe that, you're a fool. And I doubt like hell Blizzard cares about what some YouTube whiners are saying about Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone said that someone overheard someone, who said someone heard someone say...

I had to make sure this topic was about WoW and not about Democrats accusing Trump of something.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Nor do you.
    And that is the HUGE difference - i don't CLAIM to, that is a unique characteristic of the classic Fanboi

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    I rate it 0,01/10. Tho, Blizz need to buff the damage and health of everything on classic.
    Or apply a 50% damage nerf on warriors, rogues and mages. Possibly warlocks too, when they get some spell hit.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

If Blizzard think Classic WoW is a joke and everyone is laughing, then they could literally just fire their data analysts etc and just ask me for free that its not LOL wtf do you mean. Millions of players that started playing and stuck around (according to stock call). If anything Classic WoW has set a standard for rereleases.

Quote Originally Posted by Clbull View Post
    I quit WoW because of what they did to Blitzchung and haven't touched anything from Blizzard since.
    (...)
    And I actually know die-hard Blizzard fans who went further than me and issued formal account deletion requests to Blizzard.
    Just how naïve are you?
    I think you'll eventually end up boycotting every major game company, every major tv/film company and every major fast food chain unless you take a step back and look at the world from a realistic point of view.