Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'm loving the Horrific Visions. Just needs some fine tuning though. I failed my 5th run because the Oblivion Elemental chained silence me and killed me, and I couldn't break the effect because the light orbs it spawns were no where in my vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I approve of this joke

- - - Updated - - -

He's implying that people who are happy to grind endlessly for one extra visions run are into cuckolding
    Might not be a joke. Seems like the only way for most men to get a girlfriend/wife now a days is to let her sleep with other guys.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Amariw View Post
    Why? why limit players' time in whats possibly the only interesting solo content bfa has?
    Because this is a MMORPG and it's normal to have progression that takes time. If you want something to beat in a weekend, try call of duty.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Besides the arbitrary time-gating I think it's great content. So the usual same old problems. Run ptr/alts first if you want to min-max or just allow yourself a throw-away or two to explore and test out what lies around the corner. You'll catch-up any missed rewards over time anyway.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

They're solo content and many specs aren't very good solo. If you main a mage or priest in particular you're gonna have a bad time. I'm doing them on a hunter personally and they're cake. Just pull tons of mobs and cleave them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    People just can't help themselves but do that. They know it's a stinking 50 CVs and some measly 90 rep, but they still sit there and try to do that shitty 4 rares quest.
    That's an issue of the people though, not Blizzard's fault. The only way to stop that would be to put a hard cap in place and then Blizzard would have people crying "Oh wah, how dare you time gate us!" They literally can't win.

I dont understand why people think this is good content...On top of getting the item...Its just a scenario...I mean hello MOP had them. It seems to just be a easy-killed rush zerg scenario..I noticed at 440 item level on my druid I wasent really dying, but the time limits was whats hard..-.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinzora View Post
    Why did anyone complain about world quests? The WQ system in BFA zones is amazing compared to these dailies.
    They're the same thing.

The difference is there are no emissaries.

WQs are still quests with a daily CD, rewarding rep or items.

My objection to WQs is that everything is tied to them

The assaults are actually a bit less rewarding than emissaries. Whichever zone has the n'zoth assault gives 1500 rep per week, but the other one only gives 1100.

And the dailies really aren't worth doing unless you're progression raiding and need that cloak upgraded ASAMFP.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    As opposed to the cosmetic only rewards of mage towers?

Retail players confuse the hell out of me sometimes.
    It's hard to pass on some of the best weapon designs in the game that will never be obtainable again, yes. Not sure what that has to do with retail vs classic, though.
    Mother pus bucket!

7+ Year Old Account
    i did one, could not even finish with the massive lag the game have since 8.3

did a second time, managed to kill thrall, barely, because the lag, dropped a garbage item

hope it gets better, it seems cool to do

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    It's hard to pass on some of the best weapon designs in the game.
    some of then, and i dare to say most of then, are rly garbage tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    You're missing 3 pieces of loot, just like me!
    he is not though, unless he did more "difficulties" of vision, if you killed only thrall, or Thrall + 1 bonus 1-5 times you only should get 1 piece of gear
    if you killed Thrall +2b you would get another, better

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It's definitely not only the first, because as I said I got a piece from my 5th run last night.

It is possible that the first is a 100% drop though and the rest are decreased perhaps.
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...rewards/414889

We’d like to clarify some details about rewards from Horrific Visions. Items are awarded from Horrific Visions at the following milestones:
    Objective Reward iLvl
    Vision Boss Only 420
    Vision Boss + 2 Bonus Objectives 430
    Full Clear No Masks 445
    Full Clear + 1 Mask 450
    Full Clear + 2 Masks 455
    Full Clear + 3 Masks 460
    Full Clear + 4 Masks 465
    Full Clear + 5 Masks 470

Each week, you can obtain each tier of rewards once, with a 100% chance to obtain the best reward that the you were eligible for on any given Horrific Vision.

For example, if on your first run of the week you clear 2 bonus objectives and defeat the Vision boss, you’ll get an iLvl 430 item. If you then repeat that run, you’ll get the iLvl 420 item that you were eligible for (because you’re no longer eligible for an iLvl 430 item until the weekly reset). If you then perform a full clear, you’ll get the iLvl 445 piece.

Please note: the presence or absence of other players in Horrific Visions does not influence the chance for an item to be rewarded. All loot tracking is personal, and a character must be alive and sane at the start of an encounter in order to receive credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    If you speak to Wrathion prior to starting the Vision (consuming your turn-in) you can actually see a map of the Vision's route and areas.
    Or just press M.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    They're solo content and many specs aren't very good solo. If you main a mage or priest in particular you're gonna have a bad time. I'm doing them on a hunter personally and they're cake. Just pull tons of mobs and cleave them down.
    They should just let casters be able to cast while moving and that'd help a fair amount already. Melee can do much bigger pulls than casters, simply because they can still DPS while doing mechanics, while (most) ranged lose a lot of damage from doing so. Maybe spell pushback immunity or some leech as well to make up for generally tankier melees. It'll never be balanced, obviously, but I don't think it should be THIS bad.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I agree, I've always thought casted spells should be pushed-back rather than completely interrupted on movement. So any movement at all and your spell takes 0.5s longer to complete, move for over half a second and it takes 1.0s longer, and so on, rounded up to the nearest half second. This would strongly incentivize casters to avoid movement without making it quite as punishing as today.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I personally enjoyed the visions, but I've lost some vessels (across multiple characters) so far to bugs that Blizzard won't restore (they don't restore any vessels at all) so I've been able to tone down my excitement considerably. I mean, tentacles spawning inside walls was an issue last time I did instanced content out of Silithus, so why am I really surprised. They've only had 15 years to find a solution. Would probably play this up to several hours a day if I could, instead now I'm just left waiting (and to be honest, I've already unsubbed again).

Just hope they don't fuck up Torghast like this, with limited accessibility.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    It's hard to pass on some of the best weapon designs in the game that will never be obtainable again, yes. Not sure what that has to do with retail vs classic, though.
    Because retail players care about cosmetics. Alot of classic players probably would too, if they existed in a reasonable fashion (other than mounts, but not alot of those either).

Visions need a different system. Instead of consuming your "Ticket" on entry, it should be consumed on a successful completion. However, failing it will not reward you anything and any item lootet will not be accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sometus View Post
    My wifes boyfriend and me are having a great time farming 200 dailies for one try, I don't know what you mean
    If sarcasm as seems likely..... Don't do them if you don't want to.. just do the 2 minor assault and 1 major assult a week. And the daily minor vision. That's where the vast majority of your coalescing essences come from. Not from the 200 dailies at 50 essences per time that it takes to earn 10k. Unless you are a top 10 guild raider it's going to make next to zero difference for you / your guilds raid progression if you lose out on 1 horrific vision every few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinzora View Post
    Why did anyone complain about world quests? The WQ system in BFA zones is amazing compared to these dailies.
    The fact the current daily quests are horrible bad game design does not change the fact world quests are also bad design.

Blizzard just did it worse with those new dailies, adding high spawn timers to already dull gameplay.

As i said, the theorycrafter mythic dungeon and raid runner Hazzikostas thinks every other content is just catchup. Based on this he creates it as dull as possible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Testodruid View Post
    Cool story bro.

This is the weirdest thing I have read on the internet in a while, thank you for the laugh.
    Thanks. I like when 5/8 shitters try to make a joke.