Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Exlex View Post
    The increased difficulty is actually refreshing. Dumbing up the game is actually what was ruing it before.
    Nothing about WoW was ever difficult in the past. It's entire original selling point to the non Warcraft fans was being easier to play than EverQuest.

You're confusing difficult with tedious. Everything he complained about - whether they are valid complaints or just made up whining - is tedious.

Every patch is a disaster for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by alosiboy View Post
    Every patch is a disaster for you guys.
    The world never ends, until it does.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I disagree. 8.3 has been the best patch of BfA, but it is dragged down by the rest of BfA (and specifically 8.2).

The N'Zoth invations are fun. The invasion objective can be completed in mere minutes. If you do the daily quests, the bar will be filled by the time you've done the dailies.
    The dailies themself take 30 minutes max, and that's including the 'Kill X Rares' quest.
    Complaining about travel time, in my mind, is a non issue. Getting to Uldum doesn't even take a minute, and getting to Vale takes around 3. If you set your HS in the Shrine, you will have an instant port there, and a portal to ORG/SW is present in the Shrines.

I like the Horrific Visions. They're challenging enough to a point where they require some decent planing, especially if going in blind.
    The Cloak upgrade system is fantastic. Messing up will set you back only until the next reset. You'll be able to catch up in the next week.

The new M+ affic is far better than Beguiling. From the testing I did on the Ptr it gives you a completely new approach to some dungeons.
    The raid also seems quite interesting, although I wasn't able to test this.

The problems in this patch are the bugs, which depending on how long they take to fix can ruin everything I stated above, but the content itself is fine.

Boring to some degree? Sure, but is it a bad patch? No, there is progress to be made and if you're already enjoying what was given to you in BfA then 8.3 isn't going to be bad. This isn't a twitter selfie camera patch - that's a bad patch.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Retail is Classic+ ... just FYI.
    Classic+ represents another fresh attempt at it. Different ideas, themes, directions etc.

Keep it exactly like classic with added raids and content.

That said, who would trust the current WoW dev team to make anything for classic? Bfa is the exact opposite of everything classic represents and the current wow team doesn’t have the intelligence or fortitude to do classic+ properly. They’d need to hire old school mmo players and devs that pre date wow entirely to get it right

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is actually quite decent, the only problem I see is that it is crazy time demanding and sort of kills alts, but then again, we are the ones rushing it, we have months of it ahead..

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Keep it exactly like classic with added raids and content.
    So - basically have expansions every so often, increasing your power level, introducing more content and stuff.

i.e. Retail.

Classic is now reserved for a niche audience - I think around 2 of the 20 or 30 people that I know that started playing are still playing it.

There is literally nothing to do

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    I got a feeling that only people that have to wear velcro shoes hate this patch lul
    I hated this patch for around 5 seconds when my druid failed a minor vision due to lack of pandas to save.

But I got over it

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by WowClassic View Post
    How long before they give up with retail and do Classic+?
    im 28 and i wont live long enough to see that happen

- - - Updated - - -

Bfa is the exact opposite of everything classic represents
    you mean tedious and content dry game?
    well thank god, if wow remained what classic is since its begining it would be long dead by now

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say it's a disaster, just pretty underwhelming. Personally I think they should lower the cost for Horrific Visions/ make rares and minor visions reward more currency + activities so people can do more of the actual fun (imo) feature of this patch. They're already timegating upgrading the cloak and assaults so they could at least make running and exploring the scenario more lenient.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account
    I find classic wow a better game overall but the 8.3 addition is definitely not a disaster. though I agree the quests were unnecessary, they're not very interesting and poorely done from a collector point of view, nowadays you need the event log to even determine that you triggered a silent quest/flag completion, yikes

People complained that the old world was unrelevant. So they decided to have us port in old zones for a quest then comeback.
    Yep, that's dumb.

"I have to walk for 5 minutes and there were 2 quests that did not spoon fed me, I actually had, for a few seconds, to think what the hell am I doing.

I also have to fly for a few seconds and enter 2 portals to get to the zones. Woooooah.

Also the mob kills give 1% but doing the events give a lot more, but I did not pay attention that while completing the other stuff, that bar just filled on it's own.

This game sucks, now I actually have to walk and press buttons. I quit until the next expansions when I can cry again."

Crapped my pants at the "You have to fly a lot form Jade Forest" and "Walk for 3 minutes and then another 3. What the hell.
    Last edited by kranur; 2020-01-20 at 12:38 PM.

Most of your points are laughable tbh. But it doesn't change the fact that this patch is just bad and should be, at most, a minor content patch, not a last patch of the expansion.

It's just... funny and sad at the same time. You'd think they would figure the recipe for successful end game content by now, after years of experience. It feels like instead of moving forward (or at least remaining in the same place), blizz is moving backwards with their logic. Idk which last expansion patch was as barebones as this some, maybe cata?

10+ Year Old Account
    Logged in on patch day, made all the quests including essences, cloak upgrades and allied races. Created a superfunny looking mechagnome rogue, logged out and never back in again. I don't know what it is, but everything just feels like a (useless) timesink, and I am totally bored fighting. It's strange, but the 63th Deadmines run is more fun for me than what I saw from 8.3. Cannot really say why, but the vibe and with it the immersion is completely gone.

Quote Originally Posted by EpicPhoenix View Post
    [...][*]It all started with the Uldum questline in HoO: "Activate the elevators". I'm playing since 2008 october, but I never spent 30mins on a quest before without having any idea what to do and even a youtube video wasn't helpful enough. It's done now, but I still don't get it what the hell was going on there.
    [...]
    lol same here. Yes I know what happens when you click the switches. I made more enganging and difficult stuff during the Suramar questline, but there the whole thing made sense. But when I finally switched on the elevators I didn't know why....

So - basically have expansions every so often, increasing your power level, introducing more content and stuff.

i.e. Retail.

Classic is now reserved for a niche audience - I think around 2 of the 20 or 30 people that I know that started playing are still playing it.

There is literally nothing to do

- - - Updated - - -

I hated this patch for around 5 seconds when my druid failed a minor vision due to lack of pandas to save.

But I got over it
    No levels, and no power increase. Every power increase is earned by raid gear in game. New tiers would follow naxx as lvl 60 content so you’d still have to be a guild that clears naxx to get to hypothetical new raid. New abilities are locked behind raid drops and earned. More like old school eq and classic wow

Also, we can all play the hyperbole game. I only know one person from my mythic raid team who still plays retail and the rest of ya are enjoying raiding and gearing in classic.

There isn’t a single piece in retail that has value comparable to gear in classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    im 28 and i wont live long enough to see that happen

- - - Updated - - -

you mean tedious and content dry game?
    well thank god, if wow remained what classic is since its begining it would be long dead by now
    The idea you’d call classic tedious and content dry in defense of bfa is hysterical irony.

Quote Originally Posted by EpicPhoenix View Post
    I don't think I ever complained about WoW patches before, but the time has come (unfortunately I had to create a new account, because it seems my previous one was deleted awhile ago for not accepting some EU requirements...)

No this isn't a "quit WoW thread", maybe I'll take a break, but 99% coming back for the next expansion.

Let me explain why I hate this patch:
    • It all started with the Uldum questline in HoO: "Activate the elevators". I'm playing since 2008 october, but I never spent 30mins on a quest before without having any idea what to do and even a youtube video wasn't helpful enough. It's done now, but I still don't get it what the hell was going on there.
    • Mogushan scenario: Stage 4 "Reach the mogushan Vaults" - No this is fake, you have to kill a bigger Mantid. Stage 6: Reach the engine. Nothing on map, no idea where to go... What the hell? Scenarios were never this hard, information is fake or useless. What is this nonsense... I didn't ask for "ultra hard mode".
    • Quests: Oh boy, those quests are nightmarish.
    • Both areas: Killing 1 mob gives 1% is already a disaster, but the area is huge, you always have to fly around for more mobs, instead of being a small area, where you can kill, whatever you can reach. So kill 100, but also spend EVEN more time by flying around (I know some items gives 5%).
    • Uldum: Collect 6 something, which every 100th mob drops (main quest was already at 100%, while I still only had 4 of this). Similar issues in Eternal Blossoms too.
    • Main quest finish (kill the big mob): You enter a zone, where you have to walk about 3 minutes to reach the big mob, then when you kill it, walk another 3 minutes. What the hell?
    • Make it even worse: Travelling to these zones takes A LOT OF TIME! To Uldum: Boralus > Portal to SW > Fly to other end of SW > Uldum. To Eternal Blossoms: Boralus > Portal to SW > Portal to Jade Forest > Fly a lot...
    • Oh, and another issue: I've already played a lot in these zones, I don't wanna see them again, I want new zones. Also Uldum is the one of the worst zones (most boring) ever created and now we go back there (instead of something way better like Twilight Highlands or Mount Hyjal if we stay in "Cataclysm" zones).

Seriously, what were they thinking? Completing these every day takes like 2 hours, which is too much for me + it's super boring, while doing Nazjatar and Mechagon every day took like 30mins and it was mostly fun.

So tell me, do you feel the same way, or just me?

So you're not very good at the game?

The good news is Classic is there for you bud.

No levels, and no power increase. Every power increase is earned by raid gear in game.
    So - basically leave the game with nothing to do permanently ... lol.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

So - basically leave the game with nothing to do permanently ... lol.
    New raids are new content. I’d rather have a difficult ladder progression to climb with a definitive end than the diablo 3 like treadmill of retail where it’s seasonal and none of it matters long term

10+ Year Old Account
    You are just bad at it.