Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    New raids are new content.
    A tiny tiny bit of content that keeps people in the game for 4-5 hours a week.

You need to have stuff to do whilst you are waiting for raid, or that you do to find new raiders or to practice for raids etc etc.

A raid only game isn't an MMO, it is a 20-40 player instanced game.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

worst patch ever, the visions thing is a load of garbage, bb until Shadowlands

The difficulty is refreshing tbh. The traveling is also something more reminiscent of the old days of WoW sin having to wait on boats and zeppelins

The only thing I dislike is how insignificant the amount of coalescing visions you get outside of the weekly quests are

7+ Year Old Account
    If connecting beams of light is too difficult for you... Well, I wouldn't like to see you trying to raid
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just logged in 8.3 and after that i decide to go back on classic anyway xD Ill back to se new raid in few weeks prob. Goin to do normal or hc + some m+ dung and im finished on BfA i think. Maybe lvl some alt but i want new lvling way to do this :P

It's a comedy of errors. There hasn't been a single day yet where there wasn't some kind of problem from broken dailies that only got fixed after more than 14 hours over unstable servers to the fact that EU got the Titanus Egg event for the third day in a row now of which said event only worked on the first day.

I was already joking in my guild yesterday that Blizzard wanted to tell Bethesda "Hold my beer" and show who gets the more broken product out.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2020-01-20 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    A tiny tiny bit of content that keeps people in the game for 4-5 hours a week.

You need to have stuff to do whilst you are waiting for raid, or that you do to find new raiders or to practice for raids etc etc.

A raid only game isn't an MMO, it is a 20-40 player instanced game.
    Ofc there’d be more content, it would just be built into the current world than add onto it. Create more depth rather than spread it out.

Also, raid content is the content and should be the only way to get the top tier gear. There’s nothing wrong with haves and have nots in mmorpgs, just as in life.

Retail has turned everyone into a special snowflake, and when everyone is special no one is b

Compare a weapon like thunderfury, that takes an entire guild pulling together to afford it or one person showing superhuman levels of dedication. That weapon means something. Now, compare that to the legendary cloak of retail. That cloak may as well be blue in color rarity

Quote Originally Posted by EpicPhoenix View Post
    I don't think I ever complained about WoW patches before, but the time has come (unfortunately I had to create a new account, because it seems my previous one was deleted awhile ago for not accepting some EU requirements...)

No this isn't a "quit WoW thread", maybe I'll take a break, but 99% coming back for the next expansion.

Let me explain why I hate this patch:
    • It all started with the Uldum questline in HoO: "Activate the elevators". I'm playing since 2008 october, but I never spent 30mins on a quest before without having any idea what to do and even a youtube video wasn't helpful enough. It's done now, but I still don't get it what the hell was going on there.
    • Mogushan scenario: Stage 4 "Reach the mogushan Vaults" - No this is fake, you have to kill a bigger Mantid. Stage 6: Reach the engine. Nothing on map, no idea where to go... What the hell? Scenarios were never this hard, information is fake or useless. What is this nonsense... I didn't ask for "ultra hard mode".
    • Quests: Oh boy, those quests are nightmarish.
    • Both areas: Killing 1 mob gives 1% is already a disaster, but the area is huge, you always have to fly around for more mobs, instead of being a small area, where you can kill, whatever you can reach. So kill 100, but also spend EVEN more time by flying around (I know some items gives 5%).
    • Uldum: Collect 6 something, which every 100th mob drops (main quest was already at 100%, while I still only had 4 of this). Similar issues in Eternal Blossoms too.
    • Main quest finish (kill the big mob): You enter a zone, where you have to walk about 3 minutes to reach the big mob, then when you kill it, walk another 3 minutes. What the hell?
    • Make it even worse: Travelling to these zones takes A LOT OF TIME! To Uldum: Boralus > Portal to SW > Fly to other end of SW > Uldum. To Eternal Blossoms: Boralus > Portal to SW > Portal to Jade Forest > Fly a lot...
    • Oh, and another issue: I've already played a lot in these zones, I don't wanna see them again, I want new zones. Also Uldum is the one of the worst zones (most boring) ever created and now we go back there (instead of something way better like Twilight Highlands or Mount Hyjal if we stay in "Cataclysm" zones).

Seriously, what were they thinking? Completing these every day takes like 2 hours, which is too much for me + it's super boring, while doing Nazjatar and Mechagon every day took like 30mins and it was mostly fun.

So tell me, do you feel the same way, or just me?
    Man wow players have become such cry babies. There is nothing hard about these zones and they aren’t drastically different from what you should be used to.

At least the visions seem to be interesting.

No levels, and no power increase. Every power increase is earned by raid gear in game. New tiers would follow naxx as lvl 60 content so you’d still have to be a guild that clears naxx to get to hypothetical new raid. New abilities are locked behind raid drops and earned. More like old school eq and classic wow

Also, we can all play the hyperbole game. I only know one person from my mythic raid team who still plays retail and the rest of ya are enjoying raiding and gearing in classic.

There isn’t a single piece in retail that has value comparable to gear in classic.

- - - Updated - - -

The idea you’d call classic tedious and content dry in defense of bfa is hysterical irony.
    rly? raid and bgs is literaly all content on lvl cap in classic... you might not like the content in bfa but theres WAY MORE of it than that...

Welcome to modern WoW where players are lost when the area is not highlighted on the map, items on the ground are not glittering and there is no big arrow to indicate where to go and no teleport to travel instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    I agree the patch is complete garbage but come on.. connect a few beams was too hard for you to figure out?
    The problem being here is that unless you go to your big map there is nothing telling you what you have to do to be able to interact with the consoles. Its not that the beams are hard to figure out it is you can't manipulate them until you go to one of the side rooms first and the quest indicator shows nothing on the minimap for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    So you're not very good at the game?

The good news is Classic is there for you bud.
    Please. Did you read the complaining about 2 minute travel times above?? He wouldn't survive the run from Northshire Abbey to Goldshire.

I just assumed the OP was trolling.

You think that's hard? Try to do the Goblin heritage armor questline with a toon that only has a 320 ilevel.

I find it odd that Blizzard recycled old content instead of making a new zone for the expansion finale.

Like do they think they're fooling anyone with their laziness?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exlex View Post
    The increased difficulty is actually refreshing. Dumbing up the game is actually what was ruing it before.
    What about the game now is hard other than the never ending grind fest and finding the mental fortitude to actually do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Grythletubs View Post
    I find it odd that Blizzard recycled old content instead of making a new zone for the expansion finale.

Budget cuts, lay offs and a lack of resources, and piss poor employee morale. Shadowlands is not looking too good either

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    What about the game now is hard other than the never ending grind fest and finding the mental fortitude to actually do it?
    Its not hard, it overly tedious and repetative for no reason other then lack of imagination on the devs part. The fact that nothing we are doing now really matters at all and is just busy work till 9.0 does not help/ Nyalotha should have been its own expansion
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grythletubs View Post

Because players complained that they had a big world they arent using so they listened and decided to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I suspect the game is in for a very rough time before 9.0. Remember the big drop six months into 4.3, during Cataclysm? Like that, but a much larger percentage.
    Unless the raid is stunningly good and fun, and the visions turn out to be amazing, yeah, it's going to bleed subs like crazy once people have their AOTC from the raid, and the non-raiders will go even faster. Compare with the end of MoP, where subs actually held steady for ages, suggesting that killing Garry and running away from TI's frogs had lasting entertainment value.

I kinda liked that the intro quests had to be figured out a little and it gave it a first time epic feel (im sure I'll hate it on alts).

But I agree with everything else - this patch is garbage and the zone quests / completion is very time consuming - that's why I'm not even gonna try an alt for now.

Compare a weapon like thunderfury, that takes an entire guild pulling together to afford it or one person showing superhuman levels of dedication. That weapon means something. Now, compare that to the legendary cloak of retail. That cloak may as well be blue in color rarity
    And then the tank you gave it to hops to another more progressed guild...