Quote Originally Posted by Tenlo View Post
    Notice fine internet people how he isn't defending what trump did. Lately the argument seems to be "well he's not getting removed so nyeh!"

So let me ask you this, and this is open to any trump supporter, are you ok with Trump asking a foreign nation outside of the appropriate channels to announce an investigation into a potential rival in the upcoming elections. Remember he asked in live TV for China to do it as well
    No, what you should ask them, is if Obama did this, or another Dem candidate, if they did this, would they be fine with it? Guarantee they would get out the torches and pitchforks and start impeaching on a whim. I mean, they wanted to hang Obama for wearing a tan suit for fucks sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    No, what you should ask them, is if Obama did this, or another Dem candidate, if they did this, would they be fine with it? Guarantee they would get out the torches and pitchforks and start impeaching on a whim. I mean, they wanted to hang Obama for wearing a tan suit for fucks sake.
    That was my follow up question. Not that I expect any answer than "Impeachment is pointless we win! Hahaha"

10+ Year Old Account
    Notice fine internet people how he isn't defending what trump did. Lately the argument seems to be "well he's not getting removed so nyeh!"
    Especially when combined with the GAO saying "this is exactly the law he broke when he withheld aid to Ukraine". They spelled it out and put it in public.

At best, the argument can be "he broke the law and I don't care". Which is a poor argument from "the party of Law and Order" who wants illegal immigrants deported because they're illegal.

So let me ask you this, and this is open to any trump supporter, are you ok with Trump asking a foreign nation outside of the appropriate channels to announce an investigation into a potential rival in the upcoming elections. Remember he asked in live TV for China to do it as well
    Absolutely . But it has nothing to do with Trump but with Biden. He and his son have done rather shady things and i want to get to the button of things. That it hurts the democrats prospects for 2020 is tough shit. I find it absolutely hilarious that left wingers of all people are complaining about this as the democrats have been using investigations as a political tool since the Trump presidency. But then it was ok apparently because it was against trump . So its only a problem if it happens to your side is it not? So dont give me the BS what is correct or not. Left wingers like yourself have have no credibility to decide if Trump was in the wrong or not that is for me to decide .

Infracted.
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2020-01-20 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Derailment despite repeated thread warnings

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Good news! It's been looked in to and nothing Biden did, with regards to Ukraine, was shady. Now we can move on to Trump's flagrant disregard for the law.
    In fact, we should continue the thread discussion topic with, for example, this report by MSNBC (video, no quotes) in which McConnell locking down the press is the topic.

Simply put, the GOP know how bad this is going to look, especially with called witnesses under oath. Since they can no longer summarily dismiss (apparently), the next move appears to be hiding the proceedings behind closed doors so they can lie about the evidence. It's a bad plan -- the Democrats will just walk out and tell the world what happened -- but since they're defending a criminal, they're low on options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    Absolutely . But it has nothing to do with Trump but with Biden. He and his son have done rather shady things
    1. Shady does not equal illegal.
    2. What Trump did was illegal.
    3. What the Bidens did, whether illegal or not, has no bearing on what Trump did.

Absolutely . But it has nothing to do with Trump but with Biden. He and his son have done rather shady things and i want to get to the button of things. That it hurts the democrats prospects for 2020 is tough shit. I find it absolutely hilarious that left wingers of all people are complaining about this as the democrats have been using investigations as a political tool since the Trump presidency. But then it was ok apparently because it was against trump . So its only a problem if it happens to your side is it not? So dont give me the BS what is correct or not. Left wingers like yourself have have no credibility to decide if Trump was in the wrong or not that is for me to decide .
    Ok so you would be perfectly ok if, just to make up a situation here, Biden won the 2020 election and then in 2023 when Trump is looking to be his opposition sends his personal lawyer to Moscow to get the Russian government to announce, not even do just announce, and investigation into Trump Jrs dealings there bc It could hurt him.

I mean FFS dude Trump doesn't care if Biden DID anything he wanted to be able to go "See guys Ukraine is investigating totes of their own accord totally corrupt!"

Also reps don't get to whine about weaponized investigations. Does the 8 Benghazi hearings ring a bell. More specifically the republicans going on record as saying this is to hurt Clinton. And Trump admitted to doing it. The only issue here is if people think it's a big deal and everyone should

I find it absolutely hilarious that left wingers of all people are complaining about this as the democrats have been using investigations as a political tool since the Trump presidency.
    They have? Which investigations would those be, then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely . But it has nothing to do with Trump but with Biden. He and his son have done rather shady things and i want to get to the button of things. That it hurts the democrats prospects for 2020 is tough shit.
    1> Regardless of what the Bidens may or may not have done, it has fuck-all to do with Trump's impeachment, and bringing it up in regards to that is an attempt to distract or derail, not good-faith participation. And yes, that applies to Republicans in Congress as much as people posting in threads here.

2> The "shady things" appears to boil down to "Hunter got a job because of networking and connections", which isn't actually shady in any respect whatsoever.

Oh, and 3> Burisma was already investigated, and there was never any indication that Hunter Biden was involved in any wrongdoing whatsoever. His term with the company doesn't even line up with the period in question, really.
    Last edited by Endus; 2020-01-20 at 05:44 PM.

It's time to grow up

and separate feelings.

Do you have evidence to back up these claims?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    It's time to grow up

and separate feelings.
    Let us know when you "separate" your feelings (whatever the fuck that means) and catch up to reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd think, only being able to post once every six weeks due to constantly being banned, you might put a little more thought into it.
    /s

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    You're going to be happy to know that the Senate GOP looked into the Biden matter back in 2016-2017 and they found no evidence of wrong doing by Hunter Biden or Joe Biden. I hope this clears up the matter. Let us know if you have any other questions - we're always happy to help.
    Last edited by cubby; 2020-01-20 at 06:42 PM.

Guys, stop responding to debunked conspiracy theories, just report them and move on.

And guess we don't get to see from DocSavageFan's main account for a bit.

On topic, have they done anything to ensure that the witness actually get called? I mean these guys should have been called by the House already honestly. Lev Parnas the moment he broke and Bolton the moment he said he would respond to the Senate if called.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Guys, stop responding to debunked conspiracy theories, just report them and move on.

And guess we don't get to see from DocSavageFan's main account for a bit.

On topic, have they done anything to ensure that the witness actually get called? I mean these guys should have been called by the House already honestly. Lev Parnas the moment he broke and Bolton the moment he said he would respond to the Senate if called.
    It's possible that Pelsoi is playing a longer game, holding out on calling those witnesses, as they constitute a separate crime, and therefore another Impeachment Trial. If the Senate doesn't call those witnesses and open up the floor to new evidence, I would expect Pelosi and Schiff to take it up again, soon.

And they can play the law and order card the entire way. "The GOP is hiding evidence and ignoring the law."

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/20/polit...nse/index.html

Just about what you'd expect from Trump's lawyers...

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    you want something to save you from the cops when you're caught with the U-Haul cause everyone else used their own cars and blended into traffic
    This feels like this decade's GOP motto.

McConnell still hasn't released the rules for the Impeachment Trial yet. Should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Well, last we heard it was now against the rules to even call people out for lying. So it seems things are going the opposite way.
    A post consisting solely of "You are a liar" is probably infractable for flaming (depending on context). A post claiming "You are a liar and here is why" would be safer (again, depending on what follows).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    A post consisting solely of "You are a liar" is probably infractable for flaming (depending on context). A post claiming "You are a liar and here is why" would be safer (again, depending on what follows).
    At least you're responding, I got an infraction for even daring to ask what would be an acceptable response...

..but my counter would be that a post of obvious lies should be infracted for trolling
    /s