Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Whatever is the highest atainable, atleast if you go by usual pugging standards.

But really I'd say 5-10 ilvls below what the ilvl of the gear drops are, you gotta have incentive to run it after all, so no point in asking for gear better than what the raid drops.
    The point of asking for more gear than the raid drops is founded in the fundamental difference between pug and guild raids.

Hint: only one of those wants to do progression raiding.

As always, the best way is to find a guild to raid with, as that tends to be both more successful AND more fun.

Any guild that gates you on ilvl for normal mode raiding beyond absolute bare minimums (like, not being in greens or whatever) you can probably just skip over anyway.

If you don't want to raid with a guild (or are unable to), then I'd suggest finding a way to cater to the PUG mentality. As long as your ilvl is even close to reasonable (same as above, not questing greens or whatever) you should be able to find PUG spots for normal mode fairly easily if you just do as told and follow whatever instructions they give on the LFG tool. If they're being super anal about achievements, I'm sure there's still addons that can allow you to fake something reasonable like Ahead of the Curve Azshara if you truly do not have it. PUGs are notoriously overdramatic with their requirements so assuming you are more than just a warm body and can actually stay out of the proverbial fire I don't see anything wrong with skirting around their ridiculous demands for NORMAL MODE. Don't do this in heroic, though. People will need to rely on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezminion View Post
    And just to be sure, that the PuG will be a success it could be set to around 548
    And N'zoth curve.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by evotech View Post
    Thank you for the helpful replies. To clarify, we are just getting back to the game again for 8.3 and I was just looking for advice on a goal we should set in order to not get completely blasted when we enter Normal

In summary, it sounds like our original idea of 430/65 was a bit much.
    Usually for Guildmembers I dont set any Requirements. I trust my Noobs enough to know what they are Capable of and and to do the Minimum of what the Raid requires.

Ontop of it, usually you can manage Normal with fairly low DPS Requirements if you at least play the Mechanics. (Dunno about NyAlotha in Detail, I like to suprise myself, its more fun that way)

If you need to Invite Random People, I usually check each and Everyone for Logs. If people dont have Logs, I probably dont take them along, unless they Overgear the Raid, and/or my raid cant balance someone who doesnt pull their weight.

Also, if my Raid still need to learn Boss Encounters, and we dont have it clear, I also Avoid people with too much Progress ahead of us. These most of the time quit after 2-3 Trys.

Apart from that, on the First weeks, I would expect my Guildies to be at least 430, and randoms 440.
    Just because of the ease to Acquire gear right now. (Though, mind you Expecting, not Requiring)

Quote Originally Posted by Kief View Post
    To OP: the suggestion of not caring about gear and caring about damage and healing numbers is a good suggestion. People can be decked in 440 gear but if they have no sockets or garbage stats they will get their asses handed to them by mediocre players in good 420 gear.
    This Exactly, on one Evening (Heroic) we had to grab Random Heal, and we got a 440 HolyPaladin, with Curve. He did manage to pull Glorious 10-15K HPS, while the Group and the Tanks were dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    The point of asking for more gear than the raid drops is founded in the fundamental difference between pug and guild raids.

Hint: only one of those wants to do progression raiding.
    I am well aware that its because people are too impatient to handle wipes in pugs but that doesn't mean I don't think its fucking stupid.

Our guild is looking to get back into raiding for 8.3 and are thinking of starting with normal. A lot of us have been out of the game for a while and are wondering what you recommend we should set as the minimum requirements to join the first Nyalotha normal raid?

Based on some initial research we are thinking of setting it as 435ilvl, 65 neck. Does that seem reasonable or are we missing something?
    The only thing I would probably want is for the players to be at least in the mid 420s and have near to trait 65 and decent ranks on the essences. That's really what the grind will be coming back. Mythic-0 will drop 430+ so getting gear won't be an issue. The essences will be.

As it stands, being that it's normal, you can be a little lax in your 'requirements' and bring as many as you can get and then natural attrition will kick in. The ones who want to be there will put forth the effort and the ones that don't, won't. Good luck to your guild!

Quote Originally Posted by Dezminion View Post
    And just to be sure, that the PuG will be a success it could be set to around 548
    Don't forget "link AoTC" ( for nornal runs ofc..)

Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    Don't forget "link AoTC" ( for nornal runs ofc..)
    That's usually for rush runs. So it can go faster and smoother. lmao

But truly sad nowadays the risk and the challenge is not a good thing anymore. Just the word noob comes to mind. But that's mostly for elitism.
    They literally have no patience to wipe on a boss on normal with not-knowing tactics people, otherwise it won't be a fast run.
    But still people would prefer having achievements on HC than normal linked.

+6 m+ will drop 445 gear next week, a week before the raid opens, if you can't get above 435 because you can't do 6's pugs should do well and avoid you!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maell View Post
    For normal there should not be any requirement. Just play the game and you'll get the gear requirements to clear it for the most part.
    so wait i can invite all 300 ilvl people and do the raid?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    At the beginning yes. In a guild you can progress together.
    "Ok guys. We are all 300 and we going to do normal. First, as a team, we will do the world quests for some gear and then do the 8.2 opening. Then we will do the 8.3 opening. Then we will split up and run some dungeons together. As a team. Have fun and let's do it".
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    So you complain about the first sentence and completely ignore the second? Where just playing the game (doing Emissaries, patch content, etc) you will be getting the equipment?

7+ Year Old Account
    So you complain about the first sentence and completely ignore the second? Where just playing the game (doing Emissaries, patch content, etc) you will be getting the equipment?
    i dont think you get the issue.

alot of raiders do a thing called raid logging.
    there is a lot of lazy people out there, who will just not upgrade their neck, and not do world quests, and not farm there gear.
    we are mythic raiding, on zaqual, and we still have people not maxed neck. and up until a few weeks back we still had people unable to fly.

the reason the OP wants to set a min ilvl is to have a set value on who has shown effort to get ready for raid, and who has not.

you have to set a min ilvl, because when day comes to raid, and 13 people are 420, and the other 7 are 400 or less, you need to have a set point of "how low is too low"

Yes in a perfect world everyone puts in effort and gerts their ilvl up, this is not a perfect world.

- - - Updated - - -

Our guild is looking to get back into raiding for 8.3 and are thinking of starting with normal. A lot of us have been out of the game for a while and are wondering what you recommend we should set as the minimum requirements to join the first Nyalotha normal raid?

Based on some initial research we are thinking of setting it as 435ilvl, 65 neck. Does that seem reasonable or are we missing something?
    LFR gives 430 loot, normal gives 445.

so I would say your team should be atleast 425 not 435, cause 435 is pretty hard to reach, and that would lead to only a + 10.
    normally you wanna balance around being slightly better then the lower difficulty. for example as a heroic raid you would want them to be 450.

however with titanforge gone, tis could become even lower.

and yeah, neck level 65, people SHOULD be nec level 70 by now, i dont know how any arnt, my friend quit since before 8.2 launch, and hes 67 already after being back a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    When Titanforging existed, that made sense. But now that it doesn't, nobody who is 440 will want to run a 12 boss raid that drops 445 unless they need a very specific piece, and in that case it's very likely you're going to be rebuilding the group after every boss or so when those people get their piece and ditch. It's a gigantic waste of time.
    True, my MW is 444 and there is no way I will be looking to do normal on him. Ill be looking to go in with my 437 DH, MAYBE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

For normal there should not be any requirement. Just play the game and you'll get the gear requirements to clear it for the most part.
    Eternal Palace normal pugs ask for higher ilvl's than the raid itself drops. (unsurprisingly)

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Start requiring minimum DPS rather than minimum ilvl. There are so many players who don't pull the weight of their gear, meanwhile players with weaker gear can play like beasts.

The last time I saw a DPS requirement was waaayyy back in Wrath. People were advertising in trade chat (pre - LFD tool or even dungeon finder):

Lfm sarth3d. Must pull 3K dps or no roll on mount.

At normal a group of 430sshould crush it

There should be because it makes things smoother and less frustrating. Why would you not prepare for something.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

another thing you should look out for:

corruption levels
    a lot of people don't have a clear grasp on the system yet, especially if they were away for a while.
    nothing more frustrating than wiping because someone got blown up by a ghost.

make sure your raider only use corruption if they can handle the side effects.

Required ilvl (topic question) ...as always ...
    - very good skill or mythic raider: drop minus 15/20 ilvl
    - medium / good skill ~ hc raider: drop minus 10/15 ilvl
    - "casuals" would be between here ^^
    - low skill / skill ~ nhc raider: drop minus 5/10 ilvl
    - very low /no skill / cant clear content at all: dropp ilvl = same ilvl or -5

OR if you get carried your ilvl doesnt matter at all :-P or can be slightly bumped up
    Last edited by Cecoura; 2020-01-21 at 11:03 AM.