Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    probably a complete switch would take a few months to make sure things were working properly, they started the switch in dec and there was the 2.6 patch start of jan so it looks like they at least implemented AWS from amazon into the game in a short time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Yeah, but as we already concluded in this thread, Chris is pathological lier.
    you have been lying your ass off about them not switching to lumberyard
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    probably a complete switch would take a few months
    Either it took a few days, or Chris Roberts lied in an interview.

Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Either it took a few days, or Chris Roberts lied in an interview.

Your choice.
    a complete switch could of taken a few days as i dont know, it was just a guess from me as we dont know when the switch started, but even if they did only take one part of lumberyard to use at first they were still using lumberyard.

They didnt have to swtich straight away could of done it by patch 2.7 but lumberyard provided better features that work better with the game.

I don't think Chris was lying but he wasn't being totally forthcoming either.

Pre-switch they were using CryEngine 3.7 as per Ben Parry's nicely drawn picture. They then switch to Amazon's repos and are still using the 3.7 branch. So in effect it is like for like and all they have to do is go through the files changing headers to reflect they are using Amazon's version instead of Crytek's, a very simple task that could be completed in no time at all.

Have they ever talked about anything they have actually backported from Lumberyard? I know they said it was doable but you're then relying on features built against a different version of the engine, it's coded by someone else and is out of your control, so if you backport it you need to maintain it against Amazon's build or take ownership of it and maintain a separtate version or you decide it is simply easier to write it in house (which is what CIG have eventually decided many times over the years).

They were gold sponsors of the yojimbo project but I've never heard them say they are incorporating it or even testing it.
    Last edited by 1001; 2020-01-20 at 05:43 PM.

probably a complete switch would take a few months to make sure things were working properly, they started the switch in dec and there was the 2.6 patch start of jan so it looks like they at least implemented AWS from amazon into the game in a short time.

you have been lying your ass off about them not switching to lumberyard
    Even IF i been lying that doesnt change the fact that Chris is pathological lier.

Even IF i been lying that doesnt change the fact that Chris is pathological lier.
    and no other company changes things during a game in development that has been previously stated some time before.

and no other company changes things during a game in development that has been previously stated some time before.
    Not multiple times, not the same over and over and over, not in multiple livestreams, etc. And if they did they and their projects quickly vanished Like true vaporware, or over inflated ego.

Not multiple times, not the same over and over and over, not in multiple livestreams, etc. And if they did they and their projects quickly vanished Like true vaporware, or over inflated ego.
    Game companies change dates all the time you just cant tell because they are not posted online or in presentation videos, a game shouldnt be released until its ready no matter if that adds years onto the project as there is always something else to play.

A normal game company will end up releasing a half ready project just because they want to make a release, CiG can take extra time to make the game properly and not force something out that is not ready.

In any case a release date can be changed as many times as the company wants but they have only mentioned it once past the kickstarter in 2015 citcon and never again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Except your full of laughable shit right now.

I work at KPMG, maybe you've heard of us
    And have been working on multi billion dollar SAP and Peoplesoft integration and interfacing applications. My title is Sr Enterprise Developer Mgt. . .

You don't miss deadlines and push back development, and you sure as fuck dont increase the project scope of a large project at any fucking point during the development phase. Thats how you get fired. Do you have any idea how fucking stupid you sound right now? Im literally holding my hands up asking myself "what the fuck did I just read?".

But please kid, tell me more about the "Basics of project scope". As I'm PMBOK and SCRUM certified, I cant wait to read your explanation.

Thanks for proving to us all that you're not a real developer.
    Sr Enterprise Developer Mgt
    LOL! and no I have not heard of you.

You are either bullshitting or you are in a managerial position overseeing teams because if you were in charge of dev teams or a dev yourself, you would understand. Deadlines are missed, all the time on projects like these, especially without the client breathing down your neck.

Might be that our workshop focused on startups where scopes are changed all the time. Sure, that doesn't mean we simply say to the client, oh no worries more work we do it for free and in the same time. Everything is costed accordingly and new time-frame is placed. Beauty of being a non-corporate small firm. The work is actually fun without selling your soul to some shit large corp that will work you to death.

The more you flex, the less credible you are. Trying to prove your point with "I am certified Bill Gates" don't mean shit but ok.
    Last edited by Mister K; 2020-01-20 at 07:16 PM.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    I wonder how many times you are just going to repeat this shit until you learn the difference between a self-funded and a crowdfunded project… companies need to keep whoever is financing their shit on the loop, be it private investors or backers, it’s nothing new, let’s stop pretending otherwise.

You can’t take people money under certain conditions just to go back on your word and keep delaying shit indefinitely without being called on it, if CIG has a problem with that, then maybe it’s time they start hitting their own release windows or to just stop giving them away entirely.
    CiG keeps the community in the loop about the development of the game, and how have they went back on thier word, they asked for a vote and the community wanted a larger game and this was the result, they also have not even mentioned any release windows since 2015 bar the dates for the SQ 42 which we can clearly keep an eye on its progress.

SC is a huge game in comparison to anything else around on the market, as long as the game is finished what does it matter if it takes more time to get right, the backers have access to the current version so that keeps many happy enough, i would rather wait 10 years for a complete game with just about everything a space game can offer rather than something much less.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    The pool made back in.... 2014? For how long will it serve as a free pass to keep missing windows that are being given AFTER it? Just wondering.

"STAR SHITIZIN IS SPECIAL, NOTHIN U SAY AGUNST IT MUTTERS!"

Kay dude, nothing wrong on you not giving a shit about whatever CIG does, as long as you understand that you don't speak for every backer.
    The planet gen tech and ships alone would of doubled the development frame without them really knowing how long it was going to take to make it work in the long run, the origional game was not going to include landing on planets or at most there would be a landing pad so it would of been like freelancer so it was primarily just going to be a space game.

yikes this just reeks of sunk cost fallacy when reading the convos in here.. and this game's not even out yet.

this is why i do not like crowd funding. you've got to present an idea and keep that hype for a decade or more before it's even released.
    that's just not healthy.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

There is nothing reasonable about obsession...
    Lot of great strides were made in science, sports, tech etc because some individuals obsessed with doing something: breaking a record, being the best ever, doing something never done before, help find the cure for a disease that killed a loved one and on and on and on.

But sure, if you're obsession is focused on hating a video-game or anything as non-constructive it's not only unreasonable but sad to say the least.

Anyway, this was...hum...fun:

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Lot of great strides were made in science, sports, tech etc because some individuals obsessed with doing something: breaking a record, being the best ever, doing something never done before, help find the cure for a disease that killed a loved one and on and on and on.

But sure, if you're obsession is focused on hating a video-game or anything as non-constructive it's not only unreasonable but sad to say the least.

Anyway, this was...hum...fun:

AN muuuuuuuuuuuuch more was accomplished with people who just done their job properly and professionaly.

Obsession is negative trait.

Lol, trying to shame people still?

You go on and on about haters but it always seems to me that you pitbulls are the ones with bile and vitriol in your posts. There seems to be a lot more hate towards skeptics and critics than there is from them towards Star Citizen. There's a reason people aren't solely postiive towards SC and those reasons are damn obvious.

And posting videos, pictures or parroting the company line is constructive? What is actually constructive about that? Because all you're doing is free advertising. Does that make you a company man Mr.A is it that what you fantasize about, being picked up by CIG for marketing?

AN muuuuuuuuuuuuch more was accomplished with people who just done their job properly and professionaly.

Obsession is negative trait.
    Still it can lead to some good, when it's targeted into something positive. A lot of personal biography's from top athletes and performers in general mention an obsession to win or to just be the best. Sure there's also the downsides, physical and psychological. That's why it's special and people care. If it was easy anyone could do it and no one would care.

Lol, trying to shame people still?

You go on and on about haters but it always seems to me that you pitbulls are the ones with bile and vitriol in your posts. There seems to be a lot more hate towards skeptics and critics than there is from them towards Star Citizen. There's a reason people aren't solely postiive towards SC and those reasons are damn obvious.

And posting videos, pictures or parroting the company line is constructive? What is actually constructive about that? Because all you're doing is free advertising. Does that make you a company man Mr.A is it that what you fantasize about, being picked up by CIG for marketing?
    Are you ashamed to admit you have a hard time seeing Star Citizen getting juicy updates while waiting for Elite updates?

I guess it's hard to understand a post about a video-game when you don't play video-games.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2020-01-21 at 06:55 AM.

Are you ashamed to admit you have a hard time seeing Star Citizen getting juicy updates while waiting for Elite updates?
    Not at all, I have plenty of other games and hobbies I enjoy, I suppose when you put all your time into preaching for Star Citizen it's hard to remember how normal people live.

I guess it's hard to understand a post about a video-game when you don't play video-games.
    This is actually really funny because a common theme amongst the hardcore SC fans is they haven't played games since Freelancer or even Wing Commander...

Not at all, I have plenty of other games and hobbies I enjoy, I suppose when you put all your time into preaching for Star Citizen it's hard to remember how normal people live.
    Well considering that if you spent half the time you spent shitposting about Star Citizen into Elite you would probably be Tripple-Elite by now i'd say it shows what kinda hobbies you have.

This is actually really funny because a common theme amongst the hardcore SC fans is they haven't played games since Freelancer or even Wing Commander...
    Besides the faulty generalisation that's peachy coming from a fanboy of Elite, a game known by catering to a more antiquated player base aka forum-dads with the game design decisions to match.

But enough about the past, let's look into the first steps of medical gameplay coming in the next patches with the Cutlass Red ship along with what the future holds for this design mechanic.

So the Cutlass Red is a Medical/Search&Rescue ship, a space Ambulance. Has 2 medbays that allow for players to heal their injuries and also act like a mobile respawn points, very helpful when doing missions millions of km's across your main spawn point.

Still it's a long way from the full fleshed out medical doc but a good first step into bringing more depth and variety along with the much needed QOL to the gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by CogsNCocks View Post

[SNIP]

They never had to rebuild the game in a new engine, they simply switched licenses as the Lumberyard license Amazon issued includes the version of Cryengine CIG are building the games with.
    Good for CIG then. But if they never had to rebuild the engine, why were there so many delays supposedly related to switching the engine...when they never actually switched the engine, just the license?

Or am I missing something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    LOL! and no I have not heard of you.

You are either bullshitting or you are in a managerial position overseeing teams because if you were in charge of dev teams or a dev yourself, you would understand. Deadlines are missed, all the time on projects like these, especially without the client breathing down your neck.

Might be that our workshop focused on startups where scopes are changed all the time. Sure, that doesn't mean we simply say to the client, oh no worries more work we do it for free and in the same time. Everything is costed accordingly and new time-frame is placed. Beauty of being a non-corporate small firm. The work is actually fun without selling your soul to some shit large corp that will work you to death.

The more you flex, the less credible you are. Trying to prove your point with "I am certified Bill Gates" don't mean shit but ok.
    Oh man, that's a real cool story. So did you want to give the Basics of Project scope speech now?

You think Bill Gates was SCRUM certified? LoL you talk about big projects and 'scope' yet you dont know what a SCRUM team is or never opened the Project Manager Book of Knowledge? Kid, you don't even know what a 'BIG PROJECT" entails.

Stay in your lane.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2020-01-21 at 03:56 PM.