Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I really liked Kara 2.0 in Legion, as well as all those artifact quests that sent you all over the world. That was quite well done, so I'm really baffled at how badly they've missed the mark with Uldum and VoEB.
    I am too, Kara 2.0 was good, teh chess section was not as puzzle intensive fun, but otherwise it was really good.. shame they don't do more like that.

CAyou imagine a Dire Maul dungeon with a restored Eldr'thalas all pristine and empowered.. that could have been a treat, but too much work I guess.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Can you imagine a Dire Maul dungeon with a restored Eldre'thalas all pristine and empowered... that could have been a treat, but too much work I guess.
    Tbh that would be put to better use as a new capital city for nelfs, while Forsaken could settle in Stratholme/Deatholme. But that would be too much work for the current WoW budget, I guess...
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    I couldn't agree more, unfortunately we seem to be in the minority because every time they even mention going to an older zone/dungeon we have a bunch of idiots crying "REHASH!" which I feel like puts them off from doing it more often.

OP: The way they did Arathi and Darkshore was exactly what I want, just less Warfront shit and more actual content.
    I would very much love it if they updated more zones as they did those 2.

Idk about giving Suramar to the NEs, given that the Nightborne still live there.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    Idk about giving Suramar to the NEs, given that the Nightborne still live there.
    Option 1 would be to give them a new city you design, probably Zin Azshari look alike presuming they actually designed a good part of the city before ruining it

Option 2 is force a share: it's far easier to right a story where the elven groups have to share a city you already designed than do a new one if it's not directly related to the new content..

Ootion3 : Repair Dire Maul, however that will mean an almost fully new design

Option 4: build them a new city completely - hardest option of all it is the most desired, but also least likely as blizzard have not touched racial capitals since classic and constantly move away from doing them. Your best chance is if new content touches your race and requires a city that can be used as an instance or raid. The chances of another new night elf zone like the broken isles coming as an expansion focus really is slim - broken isles was the only landmass outside Kalimdor historically tied to the night elves, as we went there in wc3 visiting both the Temple of Elune aka tomb of Sargeras and ruins of Suramar - and they already used that. Zin'Azshari was the only other place, but as that was at the bottom of the ocean, we expected that in a naga expansion. We got the patch and we've seen it.

This is why reusing existing assets like Suramar, Zin'Azsharii and Eldre'thalas or Nar'thalas make sense. Least work is Suramar and create the story for it, just like you force the thalassian elves into Silvermoon to avoid developing a new city - it's the most efficient way of reusing the content. It's not as good as giving them their own new city, but it's better than leaving them homeless or refugees

Option 1 would be to give them a new city you design, probably Zin Azshari look alike presuming they actually designed a good part of the city before ruining it

Option 2 is force a share: it's far easier to right a story where the elven groups have to share a city you already designed than do a new one if it's not directly related to the new content..

Ootion3 : Repair Dire Maul, however that will mean an almost fully new design

Option 4: build them a new city completely - hardest option of all it is the most desired, but also least likely as blizzard have not touched racial capitals since classic and constantly move away from doing them. Your best chance is if new content touches your race and requires a city that can be used as an instance or raid. The chances of another new night elf zone like the broken isles coming as an expansion focus really is slim - broken isles was the only landmass outside Kalimdor historically tied to the night elves, as we went there in wc3 visiting both the Temple of Elune aka tomb of Sargeras and ruins of Suramar - and they already used that. Zin'Azshari was the only other place, but as that was at the bottom of the ocean, we expected that in a naga expansion. We got the patch and we've seen it.

This is why reusing existing assets like Suramar, Zin'Azsharii and Eldre'thalas or Nar'thalas make sense. Least work is Suramar and create the story for it, just like you force the thalassian elves into Silvermoon to avoid developing a new city - it's the most efficient way of reusing the content. It's not as good as giving them their own new city, but it's better than leaving them homeless or refugees
    Maybe they could reclaim some of the ruins surrounding Suramar that have a more NE style design, or settle somewhere in Azsuna or Val'sharah.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

10+ Year Old Account
    the strength of wow is how old content is always relevant; the graphic and music never gets old, make a new character and you're captured again in a quest for gear and glory, it never ends literally

Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    Maybe they could reclaim some of the ruins surrounding Suramar that have a more NE style design, or settle somewhere in Azsuna or Val'sharah.
    Who knows, maybe, but they're all night elf style, including Suramar. I guess people won't think that now because if they play the game they don't associate Suramar with the night elves any more,s o they call that nightborne style, but nightborne style as far as Suramar is concerned is night elf style - at least lore wise, and surrounding ruins are basically town architecture vs city architecture.

It's basically like saying let's design a different style for blood elves from high elves or from void elves, which you could, but is unlikely. Is wildhammer archiecture different from bronzebeard or dark iron? Not really. But hey night elf stuff has some variation, you have the pre-sundering stuff in marble, and long vigil stuff in wood, of bascially the samething.. if you compare val'sharah buildings to say Meredil or Tel'anor - i use the broken isle stuff because that is the updated archiecture, if you noticed, from 7.0 onwards, all night elf stuff created use the style there, this includes the ruins and repaired stuff, it's basically their new archiecture. However I don't see them giving night elves rural stuff for a capital city - rural stuff is for towns or forests, city stuff for city - you already have assets for their city, and you have choices... which is why I listed the options above.

You are most likely going to go for either bunging them in with the nightborne, or copy pasting Suramar, or you flesh out Zin'Azshari/nar'thalas type properly and make acity out of that - the former is the easiiests, the latter a bit more difficult. Harder options would be fixing Dire Maul or doing something altogether new. And seeing how they seem to avoid updating zones like Feralas and Un'goro as well as Quel'thlaas and Azuremyst like the plague, i say most unlikely

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Tbh that would be put to better use as a new capital city for nelfs, while Forsaken could settle in Stratholme/Deatholme. But that would be too much work for the current WoW budget, I guess...
    Not a budget issue, its if they want to do that or they like the idea. I still feel like Stratholme would be a neutral city of Humans and Forsaken(Considering the developments of BFA and calm before the storm).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The one fun thing about Warfronts for me was the outside version of them. I liked exploring the area (again), seeing the changes, and fighting rares for gear and collectibles. It adds to the story to make it modern, but it doesn't take away from the leveling experience due to Zidormi. Had they added more stuff to do in Silithus, I'd like that as well. They could easily do this with nearly any other zone, and some mostly empty zones like the Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj and the Ruins of Gilneas.

Added to that, I sometimes like instances that reuse small areas of the outdoor world. However, I prefer when they're fairly quick and have decent rewards, as well. I liked scenarios in MoP, for instance, because I liked how they used the space they had to make it an instance. However, the rewards were lacking at the time. There are plenty of places they could do this again all over Azeroth and beyond. The problem I had with Warfronts in this case was that there weren't enough of them, so it became very boring after doing them a couple times. Island Expeditions would have been a lot more fun for me had rewards dropped for me more than, like, once a month.

The problem with reusing any old space (aside from a complete revamp) is that it's always called lazy, which I don't entirely agree with, but I understand why people say that. People often want to see new things.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Scale the old dungeons to current expansion difficulty and provide appropriate rewards. Have a truly random dungeon finder queue (along with the choices they have currently) that puts every dungeon out there as an option to get. There are some dungeons I rarely see anymore and would love to have a reason to, like most of the Cata, MoP, WoD and Legion dungeons.

The issue is that once a raid opens up or just a few days of doing world quests, dungeons are practically useless anymore. There's no reason to do them anymore, and they're my favorite content.

@Biske - one way you could do Void elf stuff, would be just a twist on and recolouring of blood elf stuff. Take Naga stuff, if you look closely, it's night elf stuff in pearl with a slightly different colour scheme, so for void elf stuff, you could merely twist roof tops, or just replace them, give the towers a different texture and voila.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Scale the old dungeons to current expansion difficulty and provide appropriate rewards. Have a truly random dungeon finder queue (along with the choices they have currently) that puts every dungeon out there as an option to get. There are some dungeons I rarely see anymore and would love to have a reason to, like most of the Cata, MoP, WoD and Legion dungeons.

The issue is that once a raid opens up or just a few days of doing world quests, dungeons are practically useless anymore. There's no reason to do them anymore, and they're my favorite content.
    They've done this with SWTOR, and it's great, except they give no new dungeons now, or new dungeons are so rare, you get to really appreciate wow's dungeons.

You are asking for a perma Timewalking right? However I find Legion and BFA dungeons vastly superior to MoP and WoD ones, but maybe that's because I have m+ to deal with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    The one fun thing about Warfronts for me was the outside version of them. I liked exploring the area (again), seeing the changes, and fighting rares for gear and collectibles. It adds to the story to make it modern, but it doesn't take away from the leveling experience due to Zidormi. Had they added more stuff to do in Silithus, I'd like that as well. They could easily do this with nearly any other zone, and some mostly empty zones like the Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj and the Ruins of Gilneas.

Added to that, I sometimes like instances that reuse small areas of the outdoor world. However, I prefer when they're fairly quick and have decent rewards, as well. I liked scenarios in MoP, for instance, because I liked how they used the space they had to make it an instance. However, the rewards were lacking at the time. There are plenty of places they could do this again all over Azeroth and beyond. The problem I had with Warfronts in this case was that there weren't enough of them, so it became very boring after doing them a couple times. Island Expeditions would have been a lot more fun for me had rewards dropped for me more than, like, once a month.

The problem with reusing any old space (aside from a complete revamp) is that it's always called lazy, which I don't entirely agree with, but I understand why people say that. People often want to see new things.
    Agreed, sub-races are your perfectly example, while very popular, i've seen enough people say they're blizzard being lazy. But without them we would never get to play distinctive groups like Dark Irons, nightboren, Zadnalari etc - even with race customisations, thsoe would never have come. So I appreciate them, really

- - - Updated - - -

If you ask me Destinas, I agree withyou about the outside zones of the Warfronts. Warfront was a cleaver way of doing a zone up, the feature as a major feature wasn't good enough, they really needed to have designed the system better as a new game system, and there are ways they could have done that.

For example Warftonts upgrading like order halls, where each side goes on major quest chains to boost the main race involved.. DArkshore could have had Forsaken recruiting DKs, a scourge Ziggarut, San'layn, the power of Heyla etc, night elves could have had DHs, Highborne, power of the Well of Eternity, void elves drawn tot he black moon all joining the fight and providing extra features and challenges you could unlock. Not to mention better playthrough design.

Sigh.. but it didn't happen. Still I wish they would reuse some of these zones and manage to revamp.

I don't expect city revamps unless they become a riad or dungeon.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no harm in adding a city as a dungeon or raid for a patch, so you can upgrade it.

Legion did it great, with all those class specific campaigns giving good excuses to revisit old areas and see what they've been up to. This patch is doing it alright but I'd argue not enough has changed in the zones.

I would be A OK with moving to Gilneas as a night elf and planting some new trees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

[MENTION=620117]They've done this with SWTOR, and it's great, except they give no new dungeons now, or new dungeons are so rare, you get to really appreciate wow's dungeons.

You are asking for a perma Timewalking right? However I find Legion and BFA dungeons vastly superior to MoP and WoD ones, but maybe that's because I have m+ to deal with.
    Basically yeah, perma timewalking. SW:ToR has this and I do enjoy that but FFXIV has done it (or something very close to it) since it launched.

Agreed, the more recent ones are far superior, but there are a few older ones that rarely get seen because they were max or close to max level dungeons for their expansion. Like Lower Blackrock Spire, Shattered Halls, Steamvaults, Magisters Terrace, Black Morass, Icecrown dungeons, Cataclysm Hour of Twilight ones, updated Zul'gurub or Zul'aman, to name the ones I'd personally like to see.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Honestly, WoW doesn't reuse enough of it's old content. Having an entire expansion's worth of material go outdated every 2 years and become nothing more than optional leveling and collectible zones is a huge waste of development resources.
    Making us play in these zones for 2 years is already a lot more than 99% of video games can pull off.

Who knows, maybe, but they're all night elf style, including Suramar. I guess people won't think that now because if they play the game they don't associate Suramar with the night elves any more,s o they call that nightborne style, but nightborne style as far as Suramar is concerned is night elf style - at least lore wise, and surrounding ruins are basically town architecture vs city architecture.

It's basically like saying let's design a different style for blood elves from high elves or from void elves, which you could, but is unlikely. Is wildhammer archiecture different from bronzebeard or dark iron? Not really. But hey night elf stuff has some variation, you have the pre-sundering stuff in marble, and long vigil stuff in wood, of bascially the samething.. if you compare val'sharah buildings to say Meredil or Tel'anor - i use the broken isle stuff because that is the updated archiecture, if you noticed, from 7.0 onwards, all night elf stuff created use the style there, this includes the ruins and repaired stuff, it's basically their new archiecture. However I don't see them giving night elves rural stuff for a capital city - rural stuff is for towns or forests, city stuff for city - you already have assets for their city, and you have choices... which is why I listed the options above.

You are most likely going to go for either bunging them in with the nightborne, or copy pasting Suramar, or you flesh out Zin'Azshari/nar'thalas type properly and make acity out of that - the former is the easiiests, the latter a bit more difficult. Harder options would be fixing Dire Maul or doing something altogether new. And seeing how they seem to avoid updating zones like Feralas and Un'goro as well as Quel'thlaas and Azuremyst like the plague, i say most unlikely
    I mean, yeah, it is "night elf style" to some degree, given that they're just enhanced highborne. But they've added their own flair over 10,000 years to Suramar. They focus more on silvers and light blues/purples (even their plants are these colors) and added some unique bits I'm not even sure how to describe but they're enough for one to be able to go "yeah, that's Nightborne stuff". I suspect that the only reason their aesthetic isn't absurdly different is because of their extended lifespans. Irl, a civilization would change dramatically over 10,000 years. Anyway, I was thinking of them living somewhere more foresty given their whole deal with druids and all that, and that that's what they've gone for in the past. I mean, they lived on top of a giant tree.

A couple of old dungeons as M+, changing each season (so the pool isn't 100 dungeons, but just current expansion + 2-3 old dungeons)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Making us play in these zones for 2 years is already a lot more than 99% of video games can pull off.
    Outside of World Quests, no one really bothers with the other zones except for alts. They still haven't figured out a way to keep things consistently relevant - and then yeah, after 2 years it's invalidated nigh completely.

Updated content to reflect the previous or current expansion. By all means send us back into Black temple for a new raid, but dont just change the bosses and thats it. Make a real story there
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Instead of Uldum I would of loved to see revamped Ahn'Qiraj and Badlands/Uldaman in 8.3.

Although it still was nice to revisit old areas. I hope we see more of it in the future.