Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    when most of the servers in the EU are still showing High populations. not medium or low but high. if 95% of the ppl did in fact leave i'd expect to see more low pop realms, not just 2.

everything you've written so far seems to be 100% troll bait, backed up by nothing other that your own imagination. it can't get any more cynical.

I honestly don't think any of this is a real problem, most ppl who are still playing it will ofc play it through till the end and either keep playing it or move onto some hypothetical tbc server. keeping these servers going and spacing these phases out over a year pretty much guarantees that it makes money because ofc, anyone who wants to run naxx will likely have to stay subbed for the majority of this year. at least those with grinds to finish.

largely speaking it wouldn't matter if most ppl did leave the game, you only need a guilds worth of players to reach the end. so you could have a server with 50 ppl playing on it and so long as everyone logs in to raid, you'd still get to the end eventually. you don't really need a server with 1000s of players on it when you mostly only interact with the same 40-50 ppl on a semi consistent basis.

I don't think the server i'm playing on is anything special but we have over 10 guilds progressing through the content, decent mix of both horde and alliance guilds according to wowlogs. in the old days my server had zero horde guilds and only alliance guilds progressing through the content of which there were likely less than 20 guilds back then.

here we go this is my server stats https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/ser...etric=progress

51 guilds have cleared mc/ony so far, that blows the number of guilds on a single server from the old days out the water. i doubt there was a single server with half as many raiding guilds back then.

this means there are at least 2000 ppl playing on my server. not including the casuals just the fact that 50 guilds times 40 players = 2000 players. there was no where near that many ppl raiding on a single server back in the old days. the stats this time around have most likely eclipsed anything that was achieved before.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-01-20 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Where are you getting this "data"? You talk like you have detailed knowledge of the Exodus of players?
    1) I actually play Classic, and I see the amount of people first hand and how many people from the friendlist are gone or not.

2) Player activity from sites that use add-ons. It's a very, very rough approximation, but it is still statistically relevant. New expansion peak in WoW usually see a drop-off of about 50 % in one or two month. It took several months for Classic to reach the same level (notice it's about activity, not subscriptions). Of course you always need to ignore the current month, which can show huge spike or collapse depending on the cases, due to how the data is harvested.

3) Log in and check the fucking realm lists, herp derp. There is only two english, one german and one russian servers which are "low" pop. Over half of the servers are high/full. Herp derp again.
    Because your opinion goes against those begging for server mergers, constant talk of dead servers, and second hand data like forum viewership and online viewership.
    Whose are "those" ? The haters from MMO-Champ where half of the posters in the Classic forums actually loathe Classic and have been trolling for years before even the release ? I certainly don't see anything of that in-game, where OVERpopulation has been the main complain up to december, and 90 % of the complaints on the Blizzard forums are about PvP.
    It's very clear classic has lost an astonishing amount of players, and as I have said a dozen times, that was to be expected, and is totally fine. It would seem it was possibly greater than blizzard anticipated. If you follow the threads on here and other forums, it's easy to see why.
    Certainly not "greater than Blizzard anticipated" considering Blizzard "anticipated" FIVE TIMES LESS servers than we have now, and yet most of them are still "high/full".
    But I guess taking five seconds to check is still beyond the intelligence level of the average hater on MMOC
    Quote Originally Posted by Fancydress View Post
    95% since launch.

Sure mate !
    Last edited by Akka; 2020-01-20 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    TBH one of the things I like about Classic raids is that they ARE simpler than retail. Retail moved to crazy special effects all over for every fight and a ton of things to keep track of (I guess to help the e-sport stuff) and it's sometimes a bit much, even on LFR. Classic is more relaxed, at least MC and Ony. The mechanics themselves aren't difficult, it's just execution matters.
    And thankfully for enjoyments sake, the execution is 1-2 button rotations, and most mechanics can simply be ignored, especially with such high gear levels already (beyond patchwork requirements in MC is nuts)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    1) I actually play Classic, and I see the amount of people first hand and how many people from the friendlist are gone or not.

2) Player activity from sites that use add-ons. It's a very, very rough approximation, but it is still statistically relevant. New expansion peak in WoW usually see a drop-off of about 50 % in one or two month. It took several months for Classic to reach the same level (notice it's about activity, not subscriptions). Of course you always need to ignore the current month, which can show huge spike or collapse depending on the cases, due to how the data is harvested.

Whose are "those" ? The haters from MMO-Champ where half of the posters in the Classic forums actually loathe Classic and have been trolling for years before even the release ? I certainly don't see anything of that in-game, where OVERpopulation has been the main complain up to december, and 90 % of the complaints on the Blizzard forums are about PvP.

Certainly not "greater than Blizzard anticipated" considering Blizzard "anticipated" FIVE TIMES LESS servers than we have now, and yet most of them are still "high/full".
    But I guess taking five seconds to check is still beyond the intelligence level of the average hater on MMOC

Sure mate !
    See, this is the problem with you lot - you feel completely comfortable absolutely fabricating statistics - and you KNOW you are pulling them out of thin air - and you just expect everyone to agree and move on. It really is quite amazing that you expect anyone to believe anything you say when you are using your own personal experience as PROOF, without seeming to realize how sample sizes and data work. Your friend list is full of classic players because you are playing classic and filling it with classic players. I know that is a mind bending theory, but hear me out:

Of the 60 odd mates who tried classic, literally 2 remain. So using your data analytic skills - there has been an absolutely disastrous exodus of players and the game should be shut down. Additionally, i followed Blizzards advice early on and xfered off a busy realm, onto a new one, and now its completely dead and i never see any other players, again, based on your data analytic ability - the game is DEAD.

Also, side note, over half the realms are now showing medium or lower, leaving less than half to show high, and NONE showing full.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2020-01-20 at 06:09 PM.

its not beyond patchwerk levels though because he requires 12000 dps while i doubt raids are putting that much out with t1, looking at our own logs we're probably doing something like 7k raid wide dps, its pretty decent but not quite enough to drop t3 bosses in t1. I think we will need more t2 and ofc likely the zg enchants on most ppl to bring those numbers upto 12k. not to mention aq20 had several skill levels for ppl which i'd imagine will also affect the output to some degree. you give 25-30 ppl new ranks of dps abilities and its going to affect the overall output.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-01-20 at 06:20 PM.

Hmmmmm, you might want to just check the reason he was banned. I see this explanation a lot, but when you look it up, the reason provided by blizzard for their actions is pretty flimsy.
    Flimsy...so the guy admitting he knew he was going to get banned is flimsy? I read the Blizzard statement, the retracted statement, and his own words. Don't believe anything other than your own emotional knee-jerk reaction though.

This is what classic hardcore fans wants to believe !

See, this is the problem with you lot - you feel completely comfortable absolutely fabricating statistics - and you KNOW you are pulling them out of thin air - and you just expect everyone to agree and move on.
    Whatever mate, if you're too dumb to log in and look at server status, and you're dumb enough to spend the last months shitting on a game on the forum dedicated to it, there is little I can do to make your brain grow.
    Also, side note, over half the realms are now showing medium or lower, leaving less than half to show high, and NONE showing full.
    Well, sorry, I meant your brain AND your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrostzero View Post
    Flimsy...so the guy admitting he knew he was going to get banned is flimsy? I read the Blizzard statement, the retracted statement, and his own words. Don't believe anything other than your own emotional knee-jerk reaction though.
    this is the actual justification for the ban "...brings you into public disrepute, offends a portion or group of the public, or otherwise damages Blizzard image".

10+ Year Old Account
    And that is the HUGE difference - i don't CLAIM to, that is a unique characteristic of the classic Fanboi
    Oh yeah?

See, this is the problem with you lot - you feel completely comfortable absolutely fabricating statistics
    really?

It's very clear classic has lost an astonishing amount of players...
    I thought you didn't claim to know any numbers. You really need to keep your arguments straight..

And you're suspiciously supportive of OP. Mmmm, I smell... sock puppet.
    Last edited by clevin; 2020-01-20 at 06:19 PM.

Whatever mate, if you're too dumb to log in and look at server status, and you're dumb enough to spend the last months shitting on a game on the forum dedicated to it, there is little I can do to make your brain grow.

Well, sorry, I meant your brain AND your eyes.
    So you are claiming that if someone logged in right now, they would see something different?

15+ Year Old Account
    This is what a Netflix adaptation of a "my friend works at Blizzard leak" looks like.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

So you are claiming that if someone logged in right now, they would see something different?
    I don't "claim" it, it's fact :

2 "low", 7 "medium", 13 "high", 1 "full".
    Now I'll let you wallow in your stupidity, I've already lost too much brain cells lowering myself to the usual MMOC level tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    I am your father's uncle's best friend's college roommate.
    -Dark Helmet, paraphrased
    I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

This is from a colleague of mine who works in lives in a particular city in a particular island nation for a particular company. He knows I play WoW and forwarded this to me:
    - Blizzard is disappointed that WoW Classic is such a joke and everyone is laughing at them in industry and looking at WoW Classic as an example of how NOT to relaunch things - think Anthem and Breakpoint teams.
    - Everything is way too easy and everything gets exploited and abused as soon as it is released, because the playerbase is no longer as naive as they were back in the day.
    - So they are massively buffing BWL. They internal tests and calculations show that it will be full cleared in under an hour after release. That's content that's meant to last players a few months.
    - They are buffing everything in the raid. Most likely through resistances and mob damage. They can't really add any mechanics.
    - All current gear is going to be useless for BWL and players will have to get pure resist gear, just to survive in there. This means that some bosses will be mathematically unkillable for a while, until the players figure it out and Blizzard "fixes" it.
    - Depending on the success of this, same thing will happen with AQ and Naxx further down the track.
    - Although initially things looked positive, the decline overall in subs has been disastrous.
    - The costs to develop and launch Classic are much, much greater than many seem to realise, and the initial budget was blown out by over 45%.
    - During launch month, multiple teams were reassigned to help deal with the workload, and are no longer required. Expect an announcement regarding layoffs soon.
    - All future development has been put on hold, including the 2022 launch of BC realms. This may be revisited at a later date, but seems unlikely at this time.
    Jaylock is that you?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not creative or funny though and you're on a burner account so you're not even upping your post count or gaining notoriety.

So why bother?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

I long for the good old days when people actually tried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

everyone is laughing at them in industry and looking at WoW Classic as an example of how NOT to relaunch things - think Anthem and Breakpoint teams.

no one is doing this

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Shocking!

Classic raiding is just the easy escape for people who cant deal with Retails honest "LFR" labeling.
    At least the amount of LFR-bashing went down a lot since Classic's release, people could not escape the labeling in Retail WoW, but they could escape Retail WoW alltogether. I guess its a WIN:WIN for both sides, Blizzard gets the subs either way and the unreasonable anti-LFR discussions dryed out.
    Most people who like classic do so for the same reason they hate retail: Retail wow (outside of the Essence/AP grind) you can basically raid log, but the raids are mechanically very hard (esp on Mythic). But classic is the opposite: Even Naxxramas bosses only have 1-2 mechanics, but they require hours of farming materials and resist gear per hour of actual raid.

Classic is geared towards people who have lots of time on their hands, but can't deal with a boss like Mythic Azshara who has like 20 mechanics to deal with.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't "claim" it, it's fact :

2 "low", 7 "medium", 13 "high", 1 "full".
    Now I'll let you wallow in your stupidity, I've already lost too much brain cells lowering myself to the usual MMOC level tonight.
    Imagine getting dunked on this fucking hard

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jrf773 View Post
    Jaylock is that you?
    I barely come to MMOC anymore. I miss him

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Imagine getting dunked on this fucking hard

- - - Updated - - -

I barely come to MMOC anymore. I miss him
    You mean how they completely changed the display to hide the fact that the population tanked after only 2 months?

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...-oct-28/345303