I heard a rumour that Christian Bale might be cast as Norman Osbourne in Thor 4.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    I heard a rumour that Christian Bale might be cast as Norman Osbourne in Thor 4.
    Not sure how I'd feel about them having Osbourne debut in Thor...

He'd make much more sense as Baldur or Dario Agger
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    I know they have a deal, but I thought it was just for Spiderman, so is Marvel able to use other Sony properties in non-Spiderman movies?
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Looks like Kevin Feige and the MCU might be gearing up to show Universal how to do a monster universe, between their connection to Morbius and potentially reinventing and debuting Werewolf by Night in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I know they have a deal, but I thought it was just for Spiderman, so is Marvel able to use other Sony properties in non-Spiderman movies?
    Not afaik.

This was an incredible issue, as well as the followup:

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    This was an incredible issue, as well as the followup:

I've never wanted to read a Moon Knight comic book before now.

They would have to get permission.

ex: ryan coogler wanted black panther to open with them kicking kraven out of wakanda and they told him he couldnt use him
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

WandaVision seems weird AF. But hey, comics costume ? Buying that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    WandaVision seems weird AF. But hey, comics costume ? Buying that
    It's going to be a vaguely offputting mix of Sitcom tropes and Legion-esque headfuckery.

IF they pull it off, it could be excellent. I have faith in Olsen and Bettany, but know next to nothing about the writer, except that she's also doing Black Widow. So, fingers crossed she's good, because those are the two MCU properties I'm most excited for, in the near future.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    It's going to be a vaguely offputting mix of Sitcom tropes and Legion-esque headfuckery.

IF they pull it off, it could be excellent. I have faith in Olsen and Bettany, but know next to nothing about the writer, except that she's also doing Black Widow. So, fingers crossed she's good, because those are the two MCU properties I'm most excited for, in the near future.
    Yeah I can see the potential. Wanda creating multiple realities for a perfect life with Vision, every time failing, leading her to craziness (and the serie slowly changing from sitcom to a more dark setup) potentially linked to Multiverse of Madness... Yeah, I buy that. Looking forward to that.
    IMDB casting list also shows Monica Rambeau so that definitely has potential (it also has Jimmy Woo and Darcy Lewis for the comic relief, can't say i'm glad of seeing Darcy again...).
    Curious about how their babies look too, haha

I'm glad Zemo is not forgotten either, good news, he has some potential in the MCU.

Edit:
    Is Bucky playing the Captain in the stadium event ? Skin is white

https://i.imgur.com/XPoisMf.png
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2020-02-14 at 12:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Bucky playing the Captain in the stadium event ? Skin is white
    I think that's USAgent, the government sanctioned Cappy Rip-off, and IIRC antagonist of season 1.

Also, I get the feeling we won't actually SEE the kids. And then the thing which finally makes Wanda crack will be confronting the fact that they don't exist. Which will cause her to go full House of M, and lead into Multiverse of Madness.

p.s. Am I the only one excited to see Darcy again?

I think that's USAgent, the government sanctioned Cappy Rip-off, and IIRC antagonist of season 1.
    Ah 'kay, thanks, didn't read too much into the series story

Also, I get the feeling we won't actually SEE the kids. And then the thing which finally makes Wanda crack will be confronting the fact that they don't exist. Which will cause her to go full House of M, and lead into Multiverse of Madness.
    Yeah something is gonna create a breakdown. Maybe not the kids, perhaps the simple fact Thanos is, in fact, inevitable so whatever she does, she won't save him.
    But I'm 100% convinced Disney won't miss the chance to have the BabyVisions plushies after Baby Yoda madness!

That probably has something to do with the french dub for her. Dunno how she's supposed to sound, but she's unbearable in french, and I heavily dislike her habit to break all tension or epicness in any scene because she has to tell some dumb shit no one cares about. In my opinion, Thor 1 and 2's failure (or simple okayness as Thor 1 is acceptable) has a lot to do with her. I fail to see what she brings to the story.

As a fact I re-watched Thor 1 by cutting all the Midgard part (like 75% of the movie). Watch the first 15-ish minutes (until Thor's banishment), then cut out until Loki sends the Destroyer to kill Thor and watch the end, and this movie is great. If you can fit into this edit the few parts showing Loki's plans with Laufey, it's exactly what I expected from a Thor movie
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2020-02-14 at 02:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    But I'm 100% convinced Disney won't miss the chance to have the BabyVisions plushies after Baby Yoda madness!
    Aaaah, yeah. Good point. However, in the comics her "kids" just looked lik humans, so there may not be any baby vision shenanigans to be had.

I fail to see what she brings to the story.
    Tits. MASSIVE ones. And, as you noted, she was basically there for comic relief.

and Legion-esque headfuckery.
    glad im not the only one who got legion vibes
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I'm hoping it's more Mephisto manipulating things, but eh, we'll see. Not right away though, since I'll wait until the series is over before subscribing to Disney + :-p

I thought she was fine, certainly better than Portman's Foster. Dennings has sort of just fallen into the "one role" actor niche at this point though, so it's probably best not to expect much from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping it's more Mephisto manipulating things, but eh, we'll see. Not right away though, since I'll wait until the series is over before subscribing to Disney + :-p
    Yes... Subscribing.. That's how I'm going to watch this show... *whistles innocently*

And while I'd like to see a bit of Mephisto, I think that runs a little close to Trigon's fuckery in Titans. I'd rather they go with the "Scarlet Witch is unstable" route, because, ya know, she IS.

And yeah, I'm very worried about Portman coming back for FosThor. She's a good actress, so I'm hoping it was poor script that was holding her back before.

Yes... Subscribing.. That's how I'm going to watch this show... *whistles innocently*
    I signed up for the free week for Mandalorian, not sure how often that can be done, but easy enough.

And while I'd like to see a bit of Mephisto, I think that runs a little close to Trigon's fuckery in Titans. I'd rather they go with the "Scarlet Witch is unstable" route, because, ya know, she IS.
    "She is" isn't established in the movies, and using comic books as a source almost anything is true since different runs wildly change characters. It didn't seem like she was willfully manipulating reality to do the stuff, so maybe she's just in her own mind or something, but eh. It has potential to go either way, I think.

And yeah, I'm very worried about Portman coming back for FosThor. She's a good actress, so I'm hoping it was poor script that was holding her back before.
    I won't bother going down the discussion too much since most of it was dismissed anyway, but I think she could do a good job as Foster-cancer patient, with another actress with some size to her doing heroic foster-thor, as it were. Doubt there will be a lot of mystery as to who the "new thor" is, but a different actress could work for the mystery if they chose to do it that way.

I liked Thor 1 and 2 well enough, but I don't think anyone was clamoring for the cast to return at all.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Portman is a crazy good actress, but is hampered to the extreme by things she isn't passionate about which is 50% her fault and 50% bad writing. See Star Wars for what terrible dialogue and dying inside looks like, but watch almost any of her other movies to see that she's got incredible range. I personally don't like her at all, but recognize that she is talented.

The difference between her original Jane Foster and this one is exactly what I described above. Total apathy for a character. This is now her main character, a strong female lead, something she is much more symbiotic with. When it was announced, she already said she was about to hit the gym and get ripped which is likely to have crazy results due to the amount of money available to them for trainers and food. I don't expect anyone else to portray the character apart from stun doubles. Wouldn't surprise me if they CGI her to look like a cancer patient.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    but I think she could do a good job as Foster-cancer patient, with another actress with some size to her doing heroic foster-thor, as it were.
    I could see that. Portman plays Jane Foster, while someone like Kathryn Winnick plays FosThor. It could work. Except that as you said, I really doubt they'll bother with the "Who is SHE?" Thor arc. Mostly because it was... kinda bad, even in the comics.