Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Because retail players care about cosmetics. Alot of classic players probably would too, if they existed in a reasonable fashion (other than mounts, but not alot of those either).
    Sure, I used to be very practical back in vanilla, because I cared about how much damage I did compared to others, how fast I could kill in PVP etc. The future was a mystery, and I wanted to be prepared. I wanted my guild to progress, I wanted my faction to dominate the other. Well, those days are gone. I'm older, the game is older, and all the new content follows the same pattern. Faction pride is gone, transmogs destroyed armour/weapon brag (but opened up to a whole new world of customization, which I greatly prefer), guilds are almost redundant, raid content can be done easily if you don't care about the ilvl of the loot dropping. To sum up, in my own game experience of the current state of the game, I don't really care that much about my character's power, as long as I can comfortably do content. But I do have some interest in time limited content, especially when it comes to cosmetics, which is why the Mage Tower was an attractive challenge for me.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Sometus View Post
    My wifes boyfriend and me are having a great time farming 200 dailies for one try, I don't know what you mean
    You won't be. Basically you get the bulk of your stuff from your daily lesser vision, + assaults for the week. The daily stuff over time adds up to an extra vision now and then but the dailies seem mostly for rep gains not extra tries.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    They're solo content and many specs aren't very good solo. If you main a mage or priest in particular you're gonna have a bad time. I'm doing them on a hunter personally and they're cake. Just pull tons of mobs and cleave them down.
    I would love to see class specific consumables/buffs that could be found if you are solo, like the potions or mobs that you kill. They could use this to shore up certain weaknesses for classes.

The assaults are actually a bit less rewarding than emissaries. Whichever zone has the n'zoth assault gives 1500 rep per week, but the other one only gives 1100.

And the dailies really aren't worth doing unless you're progression raiding and need that cloak upgraded ASAMFP.
    Ahh, but the benefit to the non-N'zoth assaulted zone is that it get two assaults in the week instead, so you actually get more rep - but less coalescing visions due to the lack of the mini horrific vision portal.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Maybe so that you won't clear the whole bloody thing week one.
    Which is impossible because it's also time-gated by the Cloak corruption resistance. Good attempt though.

It's a crying shame the best content in this mediocre patch can only be experienced 3 times a week for 5-15 minutes each time.

What's also hilarious - many people don't know that it is optimal to bank your tickets to entry some weeks. At higher cloak upgrades it sometimes requires 4-5 entrances into the vision. Which you can't do unless you bank tickets.

10/10 design.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amariw View Post
    How would you? Its impossible to survive the insanity drain of the entire thing with a low ranked cloak, and even with a higher one its impossible to survive masks, and harder still with five masks.

You'd need to wait either way, but if they were generous with attempts you could see how good you can do and not alwsy tread on the safe side.
    He just typed up a hasty reply to try and defend this garbage without thinking it through.

Time-gated on entry tickets into the vision.
    Time-gated on corruption resistance on cloak.
    Time-gated on research tree to make it easier.

Time gates on time gates on time gates.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    sure you didn't forget to pick up the quest ? In my guild, every single raider is at rank 5. Not a single bug, and you had 3 bugs in a row ? Not saying that it didn't happen. Just sounds strange to me
    The quest doesn't award loot. The chest at the end does.

It was a confirmed bug. Literally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    It's only for the first vision of the week (which stupid if you ask me because you might get further on subsequent runs and thus be eligible for higher itemlevel drop).
    Incorrect.

Each of these rewards you can get once per week. If you complete a higher tier challenge like Thrall + 4 and you do it multiple times. You will get the highest reward first and then lower ones subsequently.

Kill Thrall only - 420 piece.
    Thrall + 1 - 430 piece.
    Thrall + 2 - 440 piece.
    Thrall + 3 - 450 piece.
    Thrall + 4 - 460 piece.

I don't know if those values are correct but that's how it works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Wut ?
    Maybe they're mormon?

I'd play the game more but doing 1 or 2 a week seem stupid. Idc if they just make it so first of the week gives hte item, but let me run it constantly or make it comparable to mage tower / resources (only 100 nethershards).

Every week gives you roundabout 30.000 vision essences

• N’zoth's main assault rewards 11.000 once a week
    • Supporting assaults (like aqir currently) rewards 5.500 twice a week
    • The dailies + daily open world vision rewards ~ 8.000

That's 3 attempts each week.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Ahh, but the benefit to the non-N'zoth assaulted zone is that it get two assaults in the week instead, so you actually get more rep - but less coalescing visions due to the lack of the mini horrific vision portal.
    No, it's 550 per, so 1100 per week. Or possibly 500 per, I did them on a human as well as alts.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeOculus View Post
    Every week gives you roundabout 30.000 vision essences

• N’zoth's main assault rewards 11.000 once a week
    • Supporting assaults (like aqir currently) rewards 5.500 twice a week
    • The dailies + daily open world vision rewards ~ 8.000

That's 3 attempts each week.
    Which is fucking stupid. This is the only decent content in the patch(haven't tried the raid or new mythic+ obviously).

There should be a cap weekly on how much currency/cloak upgrade you can earn and you should be able to enter as many times as you want.

Or let us run them for no rewards to practise.

As it stands its at best 30-45 minutes worth of weekly content.

Practice runs really do make sense, so long as they don't reward anything. Would allow people to try crazy stuff without wasting their consumable.

I agree that the current way of handling the visions is.. Unfortunate.

Instead of consuming your "Ticket" on entry, it should consume it on a successful completion. However losing won't reward you anything to counter "free" runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Wut ?
    Shitty troll, It's common.

Instead of consuming your "Ticket" on entry, it should consume it on a successful completion. However losing won't reward you anything to counter "free" runs.
    I disagree with that. The risk of losing your ticket is essential. It's like gambling with M&Ms versus real money.

But practice runs do make sense, so long as there's no way to turn them into a real run.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Be better if you could just 'lock in' your good runs for the week, and feel free to practice them as much as possible if you so desire. That way it's not as punishing if you fail and you can do them as much as you want.

Basically, talk to Wrathion after you've done/failed a vision and turn in the horrific vision currency to unlock all the chests you have available to you.

No joke, it's one of the best forms of content they've released in the longest time that isn't raid content, and it's a real shame that it's limited to three attempts a week (or 4 to 4.5 if you're a sweaty nerd).

What's wrong with the visions acquisition? It just limits the number of attempts you can do each week. You can come back the week after and have 2 'free' attempts and an extra 2 attempts that you have to put some elbow grease in to

I agree that the current way of handling the visions is.. Unfortunate.

No, I like the stress factor of doing it for reals. This type of content is built around a tangible punishment for getting greedy and failing. If you could just dust yourself up and try again, the ticket becomes pointless.

Practice runs that don't award anything are the way to go. There you can try out new strategies and take your time finding out what mob does what in detail before going in for real. The lack of sanity buffs on a low level cloak are a natural progression barrier anyway.

I disagree with that. The risk of losing your ticket is essential. It's like gambling with M&Ms versus real money.

But practice runs do make sense, so long as there's no way to turn them into a real run.
    Wanting the risk to lose your ticket but allow practice runs kind of disagrees in itself. There's no risk anymore to lose your tickets if you practice and know exactly what to do.

Furthermore, doing only the objective to get your cloak up is the easiest part in this whole endavour. With its resistance rising you can easily achieve the new objectives you get from getting further with your cloak.

Practice runs for the optional rewards is kind of making it to easy for those who go beyond what you have to do.

Altough on the other hand, if you have 3 tickets each week, and only need one mandatory for upgrading your cloak, both our suggestions wouldn't be that optimal.

There's still risk, but it gives the player the option to practice beforehand. I assure you most people would never bother.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2020-01-21 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    What's wrong with the visions acquisition? It just limits the number of attempts you can do each week. You can come back the week after and have 2 'free' attempts and an extra 2 attempts that you have to put some elbow grease in to
    That's exactly what's wrong with it. It's fun, challenging content, why limit attempts? People here suggested practice runs that don't award anything, purely for fun, practice and the challenge. Why not give us that? The current design makes it so much harder to enjoy what would otherwise have been the only interesting and unique addition to bfa since season m+ affixes.