Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    People complaining about a free Mount again?

Imagine my shock.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Advocating for the removal of free speech is never good.

Just because you don't like what the youtube is saying isn't ground for removing their voice. If you don't like what they're saying...DON'T FUCKING WATCH THEIR VIDS!

I don't even agree with most of what Az has been saying lately. I feel like his channel went from actually talking about sort of interesting things going on in WoW, to just constantly complaining about everything, and making fun of SJW woke idiots.

But that doesn't mean he should be shut down completely. Consider the famous quote carefully next time before you suggest something so offensive.

"I Disapprove of What You Say, But I Will Defend to the Death Your Right to Say It." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like I'm on a quote binge today. George Carlin said it best: “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

I'm not suggesting that's everyone. Obviously the opposite of the quote is also true: There are plenty of smart people who will buy things after careful consideration, even the 6 month sub.

But Blizzard is absolutely doing the math on this. They know that there are enough players out there that absolutely WILL buy things without actually thinking about it, and that's what this "Deal" is targeted at. And the fact that Blizzard is taking advantage of that purposefully is something everyone should sit up and pay attention to(not that this is the first time they've done something like this, but each case is important to note).

Could Az have done a better, less offensive way of articulating this point? Absolutely! In my last post I just said I dislike the way he's been going about things lately, and the video in question is one of the reasons why.
    Aaah, refreshing comment in this shit infested thread.

---------------------------------------------
    I will honestly never understand people with several thousand comments here on mmochampion who go "fuck youtubers, why do you even listen to them?", I mean all you do is reading and replying to other, noname people's opinions all day everyday, opinions, that are not even that professionally constructed, a good number of them is just waste of space. But fuck youtubers. Okay.

I really liked Az's old content, not so much nowadays. He is "too much" for me, but if he enjoys his job and gets him the real life gold he needs, then by all means, go Az.
    I don't mind some shop mounts every now and then, like 1 or 2 in an expansion, but one with every patch with "free" if you stay with us for 6 months? Ugh.
    And then people wonder why we get shittier and shittier patches, and expansions...

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    He's just charging up the outrage machine for clicks and sadly the op has decided to accommodate him.

Don't buy the six months. Don't stress about the mount. It's not stupid. It's the player's choice. The implication is that people are too stupid to know what they want. He's talking to you. He thinks he has to warn you about stuff like this because your brain cells are so attenuated that you can't see reality for what it is.

YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.
    they didnt became such a plague untill they stated to treat youtube as their full time jobs.

thats why i mostly ignore youtubers and stick to podcasters - like Scott Johnson from the instance podcast and other similiar.

people like Heel , Preach , Bellular and Asmonbald dont care about wow anymore - they only care about what brings them money .

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    "So, what do you do for a living?"

"Oh me? Not much, just sit around and all day, waiting some big corporation to do something that, despite having no affect on me, makes me offended and furious at the same time."

"That sounds horrible"

"No no, because you see, then I film myself throwing an absolute tantrum"

"Ooookay? As a part of some therapy course or...?"

"What, no! I put it up on an online video platform for millions of people to watch."

"That's a job?"

"Sure is!"

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    the only reason he did that video was because Batwoman hadn't aired yet this year and he needed something to bitch about. dude is toxic, hardly epic
    I have to be honest. I think the Batwoman show is atrocious, but those reaction vids Az makes about how bad it is make me go to the next channel. Holy crap that valley-girl voice Az does is annoying! I've started downvoting those vids. ;D

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    People complaining about a free Mount again?

Imagine my shock.
    It's not free. It costs 6 months of sub.

Granted, you get other things for that 6 months, but the entire concept of "Free with purchase" is an age old sales tactic that no one should be misunderstanding in 2020. :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    "That's a job?"

"Sure is!"
    What do you think comedians do?

Come on now. God....this thread is full of more disingenuous statements and misrepresentations than normal.

Aaaaaah, it makes sense now. I saw someone calling the mount a "stupidity tax", now I know where this meme came from. It's funny, 'cause repeating what you hear streamers say is basically the label for stupidity. Every time you hear people use an expression over and over you can bet some streamer said it.

rofl. But in all seriousness,

Ass and the bunch who buy mounts are all CONSOOMERS.

aaaaa I'm gonna CONSOOM,,AAAARGH OH GOD I'M CONSOOOMIIING...

MOORE....I NEED MORE OF HIS PRODUCT.

Quote Originally Posted by getrealplease View Post
    kralljin, bless your measured patience attempting to reason with these.. people.. but your effort is being wasted.

you're not arguing against "people who love blizzard or WoW" - you're arguing against the modern casual gamer. this isn't a WoW problem you're broaching, it's a video game industry problem. games are not made for people who want quality or reciprocal value anymore - you'd be willfully ignoring the explosion of MTX and mobile games over the last 20 years if you denied that. they're made for these casual tools who will buy whatever, whenever, at whatever price point the publisher needs to make investors happy.

these mounts and every variation of garbage loot box in every game are a permanent fixture of video gaming today. blizzard wont change course on this because it's profitable as shit and personality types that wouldn't touch games 30 years ago have gotten social consent to play them without shame. there's a market for people who breathe through their noses and ALSO enjoy playing games but it's niche and small and that's where your energy should be pointed - not here.
    I mean, you are entirely correct about that MTX is here to stay, and while WoW is far away from being worst, they will also increase the amount of MTX in the years to come.

It's a successfull business model that are going towards the new, younger gamers that are all for rewards and getting new things on the fly. It's a reason mobile games are successfull and thats because they are very rewarding to do. And with some extra bucks here and there they get even more rewards. It's quite interesting to see how gamers have changed the last 10-15 years and, sadly or sadly not, MTX is here to stay.

So I agree, don't fight us, the WoW players. The task is so much greater than that.

i really don't get the anger towards this. at the end of the day it's "dont like it, dont buy it"

one of those 4 step things. step 1: don't like product... step 2: don't buy product... step 3: ??? ... step 4: profit

am i missing a step 3?

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Moochamp's favorite youtuber strikes again

i refuse to give blizzard anymore money until they make retail a decent experience to play again. this is rubbish. one of worlds top subtlety rogue. your freaking out about a mount. this shits been going on for years.
    Last edited by Naiattavain; 2020-01-21 at 10:07 AM.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

AZ went from an interesting likable youtuber to someone who makes money of negativity and outrage culture against SJW. I don't like storemounts. never bought one never will. Makes my game not worse because of it.

I do get if people dislike it. But in that case... most of us have the 6 month sub anyway so you just get this weird mount for free on top.

Just be happy, that we are not like Elder Scrolls, Final Fantasy or EVERY other MMORPG.

Microtransactions in non singleplayer games are here to stay. Get used to it or stop playing. Not being pesimistic... just realistic.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The most interesting thing about this thread is that apparently there are people who sub for 6 months at a time. Why? There hasn't been a patch in a very, very long time with enough content to justify staying subbed for 6 consecutive months.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    moochamp's favorite youtuber strikes again

wh omegalul?

I'm sorry, I gave it a click

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Happy View Post
    The most interesting thing about this thread is that apparently there are people who sub for 6 months at a time. Why? There hasn't been a patch in a very, very long time with enough content to justify staying subbed for 6 consecutive months.
    There are a hundred reasons, depends on who you ask. I have a lot of alts, I don't play for many hours a week. And I don't think unsubbing and resubbing every month isn't worth the money I save.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Happy View Post
    How about being a member in a raiding guild and just being interested in playing the game on a regular basis, not just for the endgame content but for other things?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    It's not free. It costs 6 months of sub.
    It is free, you just lack basic logic skills it seems.

Nah, not going to watch that. I'm an adult you see and not a child and I don't need some youtube person telling me the tactics behind business.

It's also quite ironic that without clickbait bullshit this youtuber won't make any money. If there is anything i'm not buying, its these sorts of videos.

You know who decides what i buy? Me.

Just like how a lot of people said they employed the AH mount tactic to get people to buy more tokens. You know what happened with me? Nothing, not one tiny bit of difference did it make to me and how i play and pay for this game.

These youtubers and anyone who listens and believes in this drivel can get fucked. Become your own person and make your own decisions.

One thing assmontard won't understand is that it just appears in your gifts if you are already on a 6 month sub. Which again saves money over monthly. In that circumstance the mount is free and your sub is less. Speaking of subs the only dumb tax is subbing to a "content" creator...

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    I stopped caring about him when he did his rant on Argus “having 15 minutes of content “ on the ptr when half of the first zone was available

He got called out and then decided to start a new channel saying “blizzard fanatics and trolls are just mad”

Came back in bfa because he realized that outside of his rants NOONE CARES!!
    Az: cLAssIc iS So mUcH bEttEr tHan rETaiL...

Classic Players that are maxed out and are still waiting for the third raid to release: So, you're probably wondering how I got into this situation...

Moochamp's favorite youtuber strikes again

Ohhh him.....do not like him anymore...he has gone full neckbeard anti everything. Forgets to state facts, pulls things out of porportion etc etc.

Think soulsobreeze had a better answer to it. Watch his video instead.

Its a loyality reward. And people have still not proven that it really brings in that many players.

And i still standby my opinion. If you play with tokens. You have enough gold for this mount.
    And if you play with subsciption, you will either play a month or 2 . and then quit again. So why cry if you do not play.
    Or if you play 12 months a year, then you will have a 6 month sub anyway. Because its cheaper.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tranzplore View Post
    Just pointing this out here before this descends into critics vs Blizzard argument.

Heelsvvsbabyface is no one's consumer champion. God knows Blizzard deserve criticism sometimes but he is not the one to dish it out.

First, he has the very warped perspective of someone who only ever plays wow to criticize it. He quit during the entirety of Legion because there literally wasn't enough to bitch about, and came back to BFA solely it seems because there were things to complain about. That is very, very strange and suggests a very cynical agenda.

Second, and more seriously, I don't think people understand how much of the content he used to propel him into his current situation was information stolen from smaller youtubers. He makes Warcraft Bible look like a paragon of virtue.

And don't tell me Blizzard are bad he makes a valid point...that is not the issue here. You need to find a better poster boy for intelligent criticism. There are a ton of better critics. I'm sick of people doing free promotional work for this black hole of cynicism and plagiarism.
    wow....thought i was the only one who did not think that much of him.

Yeah...he has gone full neckbeard. Anti everything. Forgets to state facts. Only see's the bad. He acts like he is a soulsobreeze (wow) or yongyah ( gaming)..
    But he is more like a theqautering (gaming).