Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    Idk why you wouldn't flask for like everything on retail. Potions/flasks are super easy to stockpile on retail so there's just no reason not to use them.
    That wasn't the argument at all. It was a simple comparison of the very low impact it has in obsolete content, nothing more, certainly unrelated to the economical state of retail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post
    Vanilla Black Lotus supply doesn't meet Classic demand on modern "medium" and "high" pop servers.

Hopefully Blizzard will implement the Pserver fix with 50+ BL spawn locations and decreased respawn times.

--------------------------
    Edit:
    As of right now (when flasks are not necessary), my guild wants to flask to speed clear Molten Snore in 30ish minutes.

But there's not enough SUPPLY to meet the DEMAND!

We want to flask...we all have the gold to buy a 150-200g flask...but there' snot enough flasks or lotus on the AH to make this possible...even though we all have the gold to buy it...

this is the problem.

(also we want to flask for WSG premades...we got the gold...but there's nothing on the AH).
    Not enough supply would logically result in server transfer = 25.00 for blizz for giving the people what they asked for in no changes.

No, you don't need them.

But my experience on Nost and Ely (pservers) tells me this (which why the pservers HAD to change BL spawns to dynamic):

The inner circle (upper echelon) of the guild that farmed them for AQ40 and Naxx will REMOVE YOU from the raid if you DONT buy their flask. They will use bank alts (that you cannot link to them) and set the price at 240g+ per flask, and then offer you the flask on the main for 80g+ as a "kind gesture."

If you don't like it, you can leave the guild and they'll happily take someone in shit gear to replace you just for them to buy their flask.
    So leave that shit guild and join one that doesn't take itself so seriously. If classic is alive enough by the time Naxx comes around, there will be multiple guilds ready to clear it. If classic is not so much alive... well then you will have enough black lotus to farm.

Your proposed changes are ludicrous and spit on the face of everything #nochanges fights for.

We really need them but I seriously doubt Activision knows what would keep their "clients" happy. They have cute mouse mounts to sell us though!

Black Lotus prices on my server just spiked over 100g and they continue to increase.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt the whole raid team will need flasks for Naxx. This isn't private servers where the difficulty of instanced content is inflated compared to real Vanilla. Maybe tanks and healers but DPS? Probably not...

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like maybe you need to stop wasting them on easy content now and start stockpiling them for later.

Supply and demand also includes stockpiling. If anything this just makes me think I should tell all my friends to make/buy up as many flasks as they can over the next few months so they can make 1000's of gold off you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Seems like maybe you need to stop wasting them on easy content now and start stockpiling them for later.

Supply and demand also includes stockpiling. If anything this just makes me think I should tell all my friends to make/buy up as many flasks as they can over the next few months so they can make 1000's of gold off you guys.
    Precisely why a decay timer is needed on lotus and flasks. 7 days.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you are both complaining there is a shortage and are asking for a decay timer. I've definitely heard some stupid shit in my life.

just can't see this being a big problem, hardly anyone is actually using flasks right now they are just being stockpiled, we probably won't get phase 4 and ZG until the summer, AQ gate event toward the end of the year, phase 6 in 2021, so a whole year of farming black lotus won't be enough? I think that it will be enough.

seeing as bwl doesn't really require flasking, zg doesn't require flasking, aq20 doesn't require flasking, you have aq 40 of which only perhaps the latter few bosses need flasks to make it easier. but this is such a long way off, we have phase 4 being likely months away, the gate opening being months after that, the actual resource farming required to open the gate, also will take over a month.

if the classic servers stay classic and never move into tbc then you have until the server shuts off to finish naxx and farm black lotus. but you can farm black lotuses from now until you actually need them in maybe 8 months or more. a whole year of stockpiling black lotus will be enough, its not like you can't farm them once the content is runnable, this whole thing seems to assume that an infinite respawning resource is in short supply, when it respawns, infinitely. no patch stopped them spawning and no patch made them spawn less. you have a year to grind black lotuses. a whole year.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-01-19 at 08:26 AM.

Instead of bitching on a forum, move your ass and go waste 4 hours of farming because you want to clear MC in 30 min instead of 40 min

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Should play on a less populated server then!
    I will as soon as you show me a 3.5-4k pop capped RP-PvP server in EU, thanks. Not sure why I bother replying to people like you, can't wait until someone finds a perfect anti-troll net for forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    I will as soon as you show me a 3.5-4k pop capped RP-PvP server in EU, thanks. Not sure why I bother replying to people like you, can't wait until someone finds a perfect anti-troll net for forums.
    I mean...that's not my problem. I don't play classic because I would have preferred a rework (so to speak) instead of a museum that was full of flaws. Granted, that is my opinion, and it was different from the majority. That said, it's true that the server cap is bigger now than it was then, due to limitations of tech of the time.

Either way, hosting such small servers again would either have made the login qeues literally unbearable, or they'd very likely have a lot of servers that were dead or very stale for a long period of time. Of course I might be wrong.

So, I don't try to troll, as much as I am just very cynical.

are you on meth

7+ Year Old Account
    No, you don't need them.

But my experience on Nost and Ely (pservers) tells me this (which why the pservers HAD to change BL spawns to dynamic):

The inner circle (upper echelon) of the guild that farmed them for AQ40 and Naxx will REMOVE YOU from the raid if you DONT buy their flask. They will use bank alts (that you cannot link to them) and set the price at 240g+ per flask, and then offer you the flask on the main for 80g+ as a "kind gesture."

If you don't like it, you can leave the guild and they'll happily take someone in shit gear to replace you just for them to buy their flask.

This insane level of coercion and "black lotus mafias" (all of which you can GOOGLE) is what forced Pservers to change Black Lotus spawns in order to retain their clients.

Live Well and Prosper @HordeFanboy !

(btw, they even give you free flasks for the first two weeks! how nice of them!)

- - - Updated - - -

After serious thought I have come up with three solutions to the black lotus problem:

1: Make Black Lotus decay after 7 days, this will prevent people from stockpiling and purposely choking the market by withholding them.

2: Dynamic respawn on Black Lotus based on server population.

3: Create 50 spawn points per zone.

All of the above are required.
    Mafias just dont exist in classic so your standpoint is irrelevant
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    So you are both complaining there is a shortage and are asking for a decay timer. I've definitely heard some stupid shit in my life.
    There isn't an ACTUAL shortage, they exist, and enough exist for the people that are WILLING TO BUY them.

But they are being stockpiled in banks by the cross-faction Black Lotus Mafias on all servers, and they will slowly release them keeping the pirces between 70-110g in order to maintain their illegal gold selling real life money operations.

Google "black lotus mafia" and see why the private servers had to act.

They decay timer forces them to be put on the market.

10+ Year Old Account
    There isn't an ACTUAL shortage, they exist, and enough exist for the people that are WILLING TO BUY them.

But they are being stockpiled in banks by the cross-faction Black Lotus Mafias on all servers, and they will slowly release them keeping the pirces between 70-110g in order to maintain their illegal gold selling real life money operations.

Google "black lotus mafia" and see why the private servers had to act.

They decay timer forces them to be put on the market.
    You realise the stupidity of a Decay timer would mean that the shortage would still exist otherwise and that having some in stockpile is still better than having none in stockpile.

Protip: It's why warehouses exist in Real-life.

because vanilla is all about having 0 fun and grinding for literally everything like some peasant. the more misery, the more of a chore, the more it doesn't make any sense at all , it doesn't matter. people will stand up for it until the very end.

15+ Year Old Account
    Since this thread started, the black lotus on my server has gone from a 60~g average, to over 100g...

I've found 2 in my life...
    I know a few guildies with over 100...

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    Mafias just dont exist in classic so your standpoint is irrelevant
    100% they do. lol
    Last edited by spaace; 2020-01-21 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    I mean...that's not my problem. I don't play classic because I would have preferred a rework (so to speak) instead of a museum that was full of flaws. Granted, that is my opinion, and it was different from the majority. That said, it's true that the server cap is bigger now than it was then, due to limitations of tech of the time.

Either way, hosting such small servers again would either have made the login qeues literally unbearable, or they'd very likely have a lot of servers that were dead or very stale for a long period of time. Of course I might be wrong.

So, I don't try to troll, as much as I am just very cynical.
    No, you're not cynical. Cynical people still argue with logics. You ONLY lash out on stuff you grab onto mid air. That's the difference.