10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Odd topic for a new Warcraft book aside from my tinfoil hat theory.
    As long as it expand the world and have it evolve, i'm ok with it (Like the whole Forsaken thing, how they are going to deal with all this, and how the factions near Undercity act now that its unoccupied, how the Horde was most likely pushed out of that continent -excluding close to Silvermoon-, etc...)

I also wonder when this is going to take place, is this going to take place after Sylvanas destroys the Helm of Domination? if that's the case, it would make sense to see how the faction in the plaguelands deal with the rampaging scourge forces that are left there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Odd topic for a new Warcraft book aside from my tinfoil hat theory.
    It's basically Volo's Guide to _, likely written because of the recent upward trend D&D has been on (because the attractive people like it now).
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Mogu will be an allied race. There's now a female Mogul in the Silent Sanctuary in Mistfall Village.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Mogu will be an allied race. There's now a female Mogul in the Silent Sanctuary in Mistfall Village.
    That's just a reused model from the Throne of Thunder raid. (Lu'lin from the Twin Consorts) If they wanted to make Mogu playable, they'd have to do extensive work to make gear wearable and add a ton more customization options to both sexes.

Given that we are done with AR for the time being and SL on the horizon, covenant races as AR are much more likely than mogu, lightforged undead and whatnot.

7+ Year Old Account
    We had this model since MoP.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Id love if we moved away from tab target and had TERA type aiming

I'd love to have many things ingame, but cannot ask for much.
    Last edited by Cotlet; 2020-01-21 at 10:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Imo late October would be best. To be more precise, 26th October.

- Prepatch could land last week of September to boost Q3 numbers
    - Enough time to rid out of launch bugs before Blizzcon (6th November)
    - Enough time after Blizzcon to start Castle Nathria and S1 (17th/18th November)
    - Blizzcon could have detailed info about 9.1/9.1.5 (and Classic BC "reveal"?), people would be much more interested, we still ride hype train 12 days after launch.
    You're wild if you think they're going to drop the expansion that late into the year with BFA still being a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    I'm guessing we'll start getting some new SL info in 2-3 weeks since 8.3 will have been out.

Could definitely be longer since they have been dragging stuff out this expac.
    If I was to make a bet I'd say blizz will let the world first nyalotha race play out and keep the headlines before they start properly beating the Shadowlands drums.

I would hope the first streamer alpha invites will likly be dropping not too long after nzoth bites the dirt, maybe mid Feb to early March. But this is all just guessing.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    You're wild if you think they're going to drop the expansion that late into the year with BFA still being a thing.
    Sure, let's rush shit and end up with broken game on launch again.

My scenario is just realistic, 8 month between last raid and pre-patch is both acceptable and gives enough time for proper testing.

October isn't actually a bad shout tbh. Release dates tend to be dictated by the market, games are aften released earlier than devs would like to meet a market window and many games actualy sit finished for months to meet a window.

Blizz will most definatly be paying attention to the market and when other games are set to release this year befor making a decision exactly when to release.

I see October as a fair shout as it's post cyberpunk 2077 but pre the meat and potato's of the shooter season in November. Or tbh more importantly mid Q4 sees the new gen of consoles released.

Looking at this year I see a crowded Q1, a very light Q2 (where 2077 was aiming for but has been put back to sept Q3) a light Q3 with 2077 being the big dog release for it and a Q4 likly going to be dominated by the new xbox and PlayStation.

Obvs this is all guess work from every one, but I think an October guess, looking at what's releasing when in the market isn't such a crazy guess as it might seem.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    If I was to make a bet I'd say blizz will let the world first nyalotha race play out and keep the headlines before they start properly beating the Shadowlands drums.

I would hope the first streamer alpha invites will likly be dropping not too long after nzoth bites the dirt, maybe mid Feb to early March. But this is all just guessing.
    I could definitely see that being the case now that they cancelled 8.3.5. They gotta drag it all out somehow. I'm okay with them cancelling 8.3.5 if it improves SL. I'm not getting my hopes up, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    I could definitely see that being the case now that they cancelled 8.3.5. They gotta drag it all out somehow. I'm okay with them cancelling 8.3.5 if it improves SL. I'm not getting my hopes up, though.
    You mean "announced that they never planned an 8.3.5 to begin with". There's no signs that one was ever intended, just wishful thinking on the communities side.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You mean "announced that they never planned an 8.3.5 to begin with". There's no signs that one was ever intended, just wishful thinking on the communities side.
    Actually there were references to it in the game files. And they did leave the story with the blade in Silithus and Azeroth bleeding out, unresolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Actually there were references to it in the game files. And they did leave the story with the blade in Silithus and Azeroth bleeding out, unresolved.
    The Blade was resolved at the end of Legion. BfA was dealing with the aftermath. Given our options, leaving the blade where it is is probably the best course of action, as removing it would just worsen the wound.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Sure, let's rush shit and end up with broken game on launch again.

My scenario is just realistic, 8 month between last raid and pre-patch is both acceptable and gives enough time for proper testing.
    I mean BFA's issues didn't have anything to do with development time, it had issues because Blizzard's design philosophy was fucking retarded; they were incredibly silent during the testing period about various systems and waited to push them on the beta way too late in the development cycle. I'm pretty sure Shadowlands will still drop at around the same time as the past two expansions have dropped.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2020-01-21 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I mean BFA's issues didn't have anything to do with development time, it had issues because Blizzard's design philosophy was fucking retarded; they were incredibly silent during the testing period about various systems and waited to push them on the beta way too late in the development cycle. I'm pretty sure Shadowlands will still drop at around the same time as the past two expansions have dropped.
    On launch BfA had 3 major problems:

- desing of max level progression - Azerite armor was broken system, I don't think extended Beta would help at all, unless they would delay BfA like 4-5 months to invent new system from scratch

- design of some specs - mostly lack of changes between Legion and BfA, so only change was losing power from legendaries and weapon, they noticed it way too late, that' why we had so many reworks in late stage of Beta (and time run out anyway, so Shamans were left with nothing), when they should only polish game and get rid of most bugs; in this case longer Beta would help

- shit ton of bugs - launch was good, but pre-patch and start of season 1 horrible, of course it was consequence of focusing on last minute class changes; so yeah, every extra month of Beta would make BfA better game.

As for release date, I don't think many people share your opinion. Fall 2020 is most common prediction:

1) 8.3 raid release late January and it always last 8+ months. I think people would even complain about shorter tier, cause as always they are taking some rewards in pre-patch (for example mounts for heroic N'zoth and 13xM+15 completion)

2) On pre-order page we had "will be released before 31st December" which indicate either Fall release or that devs had no idea when game will be ready back on Blizzcon.

3) Game was in earlier stage during Blizzcon than BfA, it reminded me of Legion on reveal.

There were numerous references to it in the game files and Taliesin mentioned 8.3.5 around Blizzcon but wasn't allowed to talk about it. I know he got to talk to the devs a lot during that. There's no actual proof, but he does not seem the type to make stuff up.

The Blade was resolved at the end of Legion. BfA was dealing with the aftermath. Given our options, leaving the blade where it is is probably the best course of action, as removing it would just worsen the wound.
    I mean whether or not the wound has been closed. If Azeroth is still dying or not. We were gathering Titan Essences in a last ditch effort. I'd rather like to have this wrapped up. It's been a major storyline for the entire expansion until now.