Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Happy View Post
    The most interesting thing about this thread is that apparently there are people who sub for 6 months at a time. Why? There hasn't been a patch in a very, very long time with enough content to justify staying subbed for 6 consecutive months.
    I think the important thing to remember is that everyone is not same. While you may not find enough of WoW's content sufficient to keep you entertained permanently, others will.

Personally I have been subscribed, non-stop, since I started playing the game. I have never felt like there isn't enough for me to do. If anything, I often just find myself overwhelmed with too much stuff to do. So I actually quite enjoy the lulls between raid tiers because it gives me time to go back and catch up on some of the stuff that I didn't get around to earlier.

And if you're probably not going to unsubscribe anyways - then buying a 6 month sub makes perfect sense because it saves you around a month's subscription anyway.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    jeeze does it get any more bottom of the barrel than this guy and his ignorant, predictable reactionary takes?
    what a fat piece of trash

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    It's not free. It costs 6 months of sub.

Granted, you get other things for that 6 months,
    Well, it really depends on the context of the individual buying it and how the mount affected their decision making process.

For some people it is free because it was immaterial to their decision to subscribe for 6 months. For example, the many players who were already on an existing 6M subscription even before this mount was announced.

On the other hand there are almost certainly a lot of players who were ambiguous about staying subbed for the next six months, and this mount gently nudged them to buy the 6M sub.

There's also people out there for whom this mount actually saved them money - those who didn't want to commit to the game 6 months in advance but who would have resubbed 6 times anyway.

Mathematically this mount represents €103 (or $115) of monetary value for the cost of €66 (or $78). So as long as the combination of the value of the mount to you + value of the portion of the game you end up using exceeds your actual spend, then this is a worthwhile deal. For example, if you end up only playing for 4 months (wasting the last 2 months of the active sub) and are someone who tends to buy shop mounts, then you'd still be scoring an €11 (or $7) discount on stuff you would have bought anyway.

The only way you're really losing on this is if you would never have bought the mount otherwise, or if you play for 3 months or less of the 6.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    but the entire concept of "Free with purchase" is an age old sales tactic that no one should be misunderstanding in 2020. :/
    Honestly? I think you need to stop being so condescending and give people more credit. I am pretty certain that the vast majority of WoW players know exactly what they're getting into when they go for this. Stop assuming that anyone who "falls" this is just naive/stupid/inept and try to realise that other people value things differently to what you do, and for them, in their context, this is a perfectly rational, reasonable and informed decision to be making.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Releasing it right before a content drought is most certainly sketchy.
    How in God's name is releasing it simultaneously with a new raid and two new daily questing hubs w/ associated rep grinds releasing it "right before a content drought"?

Hell, I picked up an egg in Uldum this week that won't even finish growing 'til an entire month from now.

Oh look, someone on the internet said something!

I thought these sort of link to youtube video threads werent even allowed?

I was subscribed to WoW 6 months ago, 60 months ago, and 168 months ago.

I will be subscribed 6 months from now.

Getting another free mount because I pay the cheapest per month option for a game I've continuously been subscribed to for more time that the stupid WoW outrage trolls have been alive is not a stupidity tax, it's common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Happy View Post
    The most interesting thing about this thread is that apparently there are people who sub for 6 months at a time. Why? There hasn't been a patch in a very, very long time with enough content to justify staying subbed for 6 consecutive months.
    The only interesting thing here is actually that you are apparently unable to understand that some people enjoy things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    I haven't bought a sub with actual money since the WoW token came out, but I may just pick up a 6-month sub to save a little money and my gold and get this mount for the fun of it. I truly hope it pisses the lot of you off that I enjoy WoW and free promotions
    What? You said you don’t pay for your sub because of the tokens but are now going to pay for a 6 month sub, with actual real money, and then say it’s a free promotion? You just paid money for it, compared to the money you would have saved if you continued paying with gold.

Or am I missing something and you can buy a 6 month sub (inc discount) with tokens now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    they didnt became such a plague untill they stated to treat youtube as their full time jobs.

thats why i mostly ignore youtubers and stick to podcasters - like Scott Johnson from the instance podcast and other similiar.

people like Heel , Preach , Bellular and Asmonbald dont care about wow anymore - they only care about what brings them money .
    I've been listening to The Instance for years and years now. In fact, I think they are a bit too positive at times but better that than spending any time with anyone who is more interested in ginning up outrage than informing. As I've indicated already, I know the parts of the WoW theme park that I don't especially like, avoid them and don't need anyone telling me what to like and what not to like.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Are you dense or how did you manage to link no plans for 3.5 to this mount?
    Both. These people make my day with the asinine conspiracy theories and constant whining about a game they play or a game the quit long ago. Either way, it's great to see how WoW and the dev team live rent free in their heads.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TragedyAnn View Post
    How in God's name is releasing it simultaneously with a new raid and two new daily questing hubs w/ associated rep grinds releasing it "right before a content drought"?

Hell, I picked up an egg in Uldum this week that won't even finish growing 'til an entire month from now.
    Well in the outrage troll minds the content drought starts the moment theblast but of new content drops regardless of how long it takes to clear it. And while they are still struggling to clear it 2 months before 9.0, they'll claim a 10-11 month content drought.

I always wonder why people argue about store mounts, if you disagree with the policy, don't buy it. Can't afford it? Tough shit really (I'm in this boat for the record) or you want it and buy it. So what? Why does it warrant arguments when its down to each individuals beliefs?

It literally baffles me why someone would go out of their way to create a video thats essentially a 10 minute rage filled rant which also proceeds to essentially label people at stupid because thats how they want to spend their money? It's just so pathetic.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ...also it means even pointing this out means to some folks you are white-knighting and defending them. And ofc "Don't like it, don't buy it" also holds no water, as these people also want to tell how Blizzard has to run their business and what can and can not be in a shop.

I once tried pointing out that maybe it is a cool way to offset the fact that your sub has not increase since 2005 (except mildly in a few places) - while inflation continues to rise, as do prices and wages - answer to that was "Sub was always too high".

Though the price for the physical CE went from 79 - 99 € over 15 years
    Maybe a bit off topic but I would guess that the price of the Physical CE has increased is because it's not a virtual thing. Materials, production cost and wages has gone up because of inflation. Wages because it starts with the ones who provide the materials up and until Blizzard staff that makes the end product.

But it's nice they keep the sub as it has been. I guess they don't touch it because it's already there so to speak. Not to mention less players so maybe the hardware isn't pushed harder, I don't know (me no tech genious). Shadowlands is cheaper than BfA and Legion was also.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    But he is more like a theqautering (gaming).
    Lets give "The Quartering" credit, though. Jeremy(who runs that channel) will go to bat for the consumer with real money and legal assistance, and at least takes on serious topics from time to time. Az is currently JUST bitching about everything with very little constructive content(although I did like his gym vid. Good on him!).

Regardless, I feel like I have to point out that despite the nature of Az's video on the topic, he's at least highlighting the level of disgust some portion of the players have with Blizzard repeatedly going to the well with cash shop mounts. I've made my arguments about this several times in this thread already, so I won't belabor it, however.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    It is free, you just lack basic logic skills it seems.
    https://www.propellercrm.com/blog/ps...l-sales-tricks

/facepalm

I guess it DOES need explaining.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2020-01-21 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    He's just charging up the outrage machine for clicks and sadly the op has decided to accommodate him.

Don't buy the six months. Don't stress about the mount. It's not stupid. It's the player's choice. The implication is that people are too stupid to know what they want. He's talking to you. He thinks he has to warn you about stuff like this because your brain cells are so attenuated that you can't see reality for what it is.

YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.
    Awww, but I'm just starting to try and get into making WoW Youtube videos , but I agree. I couldn't watch more than 45 seconds of his video. I just don't understand why some people go out of their way to bash something that really doesn't need to be bashed. I love that I'm getting a free mount for something I'm already paying for, and if by some chance, that 6 month sub mount got one of my friends back into the game (which it won't), or keeps some of my current friends playing during the dead times of the game, then I'm all for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    its like going to a restaurant for a lunch each day, and DEMANDING that you get the dessert for free, even though its not a part of lunch menu, and when you dont get it for free, ranting that they should stop selling desserts, and give them free, bcs you already pay for lunch
    First off, if you address people by name, you should at least quote or mention people that they actually receive a notification, so that people can easily see what you posted.

Second, i don't have an active subscription with a local restaurant, so there's that.
    Thirdly, if i get the idea that the dessert was made at the expense of the lunch, that is obviously something to complain about.

Lastly, WoW used to be a "All you can eat menu" without any additional pricetag(s), every piece of content in that game was open to you as long as you paid your sub.
    That's no longer the case.

Terrible analogy is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by TragedyAnn View Post
    That there are five months to go?
    Compared to 8.2, 8.3 doesn't have a lot of content, let alone that said dailies aren't that exciting to begin with.
    So, if you are a person that unsubscribes between patches, you should ask yourself whether that mount+8.3 content is worth ~66€.

If you play the patch for two months and then buy the mount, you're getting off cheaper by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    That's not the point. You claimed that those "bundles" are being done now, when I showed you that they have been doing this for quite some time, now.
    And now what?
    Would it be "too late to complain"?
    Do these business practices become legit simply because they've been done before?

I mean, the Annual pass by comparison was still a better deal.
    Even if you discount the mount, you received a 60€ game and access to MoP Beta.

What do you get here? A mount, that's it.

You would have a point if Blizzard did such promotions only during content droughts, but this is the first time they did that.
    Eh, i feel like that Blizzard had the basic decency of at least releasing them at a point where new content was on the horizon and covered by that sub.
    Dreadwake came out out at the 19.9.18, Patch 8.1 hit live servers on 11.12.19.

So your sub there at least lasted until another patch came out and you got actually new content to see.

Sylverian Dreamer came out at the 27.6.19, Patch 8.2 hit live servers on 26.6.19.

In the case of Sylverian Dreamer, if you took the offer right off the bat, you pretty much missed the 8.3 release by a month, so you didn't receive any content updates during that time outside of 8.2.5.
    So, that's pretty questionable as 8.2.5 wasn't a huge patch.

But releasing 6 month sub offer when there's basically no new content happening outside of the patch it is released alongside, is questionable.
    Especially when that patch in itself isn't actually that huge in terms of content, 8.2 was without question bigger.
    I concede that Ion at least said that there won't be a 8.3.5 and 8.3 is the last content update for BfA, but that statement also only came out after the offer was released.

Oh and i suggest you to check the announcement and release dates of each patch alongside those mount releases on wowpedia, extremely coincidental.

For me, these mounts are mainly there to have people subbing for 6 months, when the content that's actually in the game doesn't justify to sub for such a long period.

The sad thing is, if these mounts / promotions would actually put a stopper on the increasing seasonal design of WoW (=> stop supporting "play the patch" behavior) i would consider to be more open towards them.
    But that's not something i'm willing to say until i see an actual change in their design approach, which i doubt will happen.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-01-21 at 06:20 PM.

That there are five months to go?
    Compared to 8.2, 8.3 doesn't have a lot of content, let alone that said dailies aren't that exciting to begin with.
    That is not what I wrote and you know it. I simply pointed out that you're implying Blizzard has started doing those bundles now:
    The fact that they are now baiting people into a 6 month sub

That is not what I wrote and you know it. I simply pointed out that you're implying Blizzard has started doing those bundles now:
    You really want to argue over the exact meaning of the word "now" in that context?
    Like, the"now" means that they are actively doing it right now, because that offer is available right now.

If i say "I am typing now" doesn't mean i'm typing for the first time.

I mean, if you ask me to be that precise, here we go:
    They are doing it again.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    people like Heel , Preach , Bellular and Asmonbald dont care about wow anymore - they only care about what brings them money .
    Don't even try to lump Preach with the rest of those losers. He has his criticisms about the game, but at least he is constructive with them. He's also informative, passionate, genuinely entertaining and he doesn't let his emotions and prejudices cloud his judgement (imho).

HvB, on the other hand, just goes into full retard babyrage mode in every video he does. Constantly blindly bashing everything about WoW (when he's not bitching about Batwoman), despite the fact he is apparently "boycotting" Blizzard games because of that Blitzchung BS. Sprinkle in some pathetic innuendos that only a braindead chimp would find humorous, make sure the video is over 10 minutes long to exploit the Youtube algorithm and cash in. I despise that insufferable manchild with every fiber of my being.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nothing this guy does is epic, all he does is is regurgitate complaints from people who actually know what they're talking about, while taking the complaints of casuals and making them seem like immediate profound problems and core issues with the game when they aren't but this gets the minority of the community to flock behind is cynical guise and eat up his utter bullshit, while fulling his need for attention.

He is literally the worst person to take anything he says at face value

I don't get how someone catch watch this pile a crap. After 2 minutes, I had enough of fakes laughs and stupids voices. Are those video made for 10 years old hater? Do he ever say something meaningful?
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads