13 18.31%
  • Taken Away!

9 12.68%
  • Regulated

49 69.01%
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Yep, I linked earlier in this thread, that everything they passed, has a majority support in Virginia.
    I saw that, I mean in general. Lawful gun owners are in majority support of red flag laws, stricter back ground check, registrations, and so on. Yet the knuckle draggers in the GOP and NRA just scream it means the lbs are gonna take your guns. When in reality, that has never been the case ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    I saw that, I mean in general. Lawful gun owners are in majority support of red flag laws, stricter back ground check, registrations, and so on. Yet the knuckle draggers in the GOP and NRA just scream it means the lbs are gonna take your guns. When in reality, that has never been the case ever.
    The problem with this rally though, is it was made by a guy that is worse than the NRA. Like he is farther to the right of the NRA.

He was duped by Sacha Baron Cohen on the show Who is America to arm toddlers.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-a...17-p4zrwi.html

Yes, this dumbass actually filmed this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    So....the usual psychological projection?

Because that's the only conclusion I can get when someone from that very demographic makes such a statement.
    I’m from a middle class family and live in a split entry home in a nice neighborhood, but okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    When have gun ownership rights been taken away?

1911, Turkey
    Established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, were rounded up and exterminated. Search Armenian Genocide.

1929, Soviet Union
    Established gun control. In 1937, about 2million dissidents, including 30000 military officers, were rounded up and imprisoned or executed. Search The Great Purges

1935, China
    Established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents were rounded up and exterminated.

1938, Germany
    Established gun control. From 1939 to 1945, leaving a populace unable to defend itself against the Gestapo and SS.

1956, Cambodia
    Established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, 1-2 million 'educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. SPECIAL NOTE: The law was passed in 1956, but was not used for 20 years. But it WAS used.

1964, Guatemala
    Established gun control. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

1970, Uganda
    Established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. The total dead are said to be 2-3 million.

If you truly can't see how gun rights could be taken away by a state that's absolutely contemptuous of the Constitution, you haven't been paying attention to all the previous laws and bills.

- - - Updated - - -

The best part is the very posters who do so shriek about "hate" while behaving in a completely hateful manner.
    Ofcourse gunrights can be taken away, you know it IS and amendment right wich means it was added and also can be taken away and i mean that when enough people get tired of the minority running the show. Maybe not now and maybe not in the near future but dont say it cant be taken away other then the "state" forcing people to turn in their weapons. Because what would you guys do if people that support changing the second amendment gets voted into office and they get it through all the hoops and changes it would you those that are saying "we are lawabiding citizens" would they follow the law and give up their guns?

Hypothetically ofcourse, this will probably never happen in the US

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    It was a peaceful, constitutional event. And discussed in more detail in the mega gun control thread. The vast majority of gun owners are law abiding citizens just wanting to exercise their constitutional right to keep and carry a firearm for self defense.
    It's almost like some of the fearmongering posters here are upset that there WASN'T violence. They should be ashamed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Nothing like Charlottesville......move along.
    Just the same neo-nazis.

Really glad this passed without incident, but SO fucking depressed we've reached a point where neo-Nazis get praised for not shooting people.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Just the same neo-nazis.
    gotta love the idiocy thinking every gun owner is a neo-nazi pretty sure if the majority was neo-nazis they would have started shit with the minorites that were there but dont let that cloud your idiotic view
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    gotta love the idiocy thinking every gun owner is a neo-nazi pretty sure if the majority was neo-nazis they would have started shit with the minorites that were there but dont let that cloud your idiotic view
    lol not talking about the gun owners, but the people at that rally.
    I hope they felt powerful after sending death threats to an elected, gun-owning, pro-gun, politician.

15+ Year Old Account
    lol not talking about the gun owners, but the people at that rally.
    I hope they felt powerful after sending death threats to an elected, gun-owning, pro-gun, politician.
    Lol northam pro gun? How blatantly ignorant can you get
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    Lol northam pro gun? How blatantly ignorant can you get
    He's talking about Lee Carter, but you already knew that.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

This thread sure did not age well. The safest place in the world is where 20,000 are all packing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    And the vast majority want sensible gun control regulations that the GOP and NRA want nothing to do with.
    No we will pass on all that. The Constitution does not grant the right to bear arms, it makes it so the government cannot create laws preventing an already given right. So what you propose is technically illegal, just sayin!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    This thread sure did not age well. The safest place in the world is where 20,000 are all packing.

- - - Updated - - -

No we will pass on all that. The Constitution does not grant the right to bear arms, it makes it so the government cannot create laws preventing an already given right. So what you propose is technically illegal, just sayin!
    People can have their guns taken away for criminal or dangerous behaviour now and that is totally legal. Background checks already happen, waiting periods already happen, and nothing in any of these common sense laws and regulations infringe upon anyone. Public safety has precedence as in yelling fire in a crowd is punishable speech. So go in and tell me how any if these infringe on anyone's rights for law abiding gun owners?

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Thats why the US is so dangerous.

Common sense gun laws already exist, just saying.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to derail things but the Supreme Court already made a ruling on that in 2008 where while they affirmed an individual's right to keep and bear arms they also stated.
    "the right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose".

Thats why the US is so dangerous.
    There is nothing dangerous about the U.S. once you leave the liberal gun free cities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tazkar View Post
    Not to derail things but the Supreme Court already made a ruling on that in 2008 where while they affirmed an individual's right to keep and bear arms they also stated.
    "the right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose".
    Part of the reason I am glad we have a more conservative SC. That translation was ridiculous to say the least.

This rally was almost as big as the national rally against Trump's bump stock ban, as well as his calls for extra-judicial gun confiscation.

Oh, you mean to tell me these very same people were dead silent when he did that? Well, that sure makes them out to be complete hypocrites.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing dangerous about the U.S. once you leave the liberal gun free cities.

- - - Updated - - -

Part of the reason I am glad we have a more conservative SC. That translation was ridiculous to say the least.
    lol gun free? You really believe that? Guns are common everywhere in your country, try harder bucko.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazkar View Post
    The new argument to that is the "Common Use" part which follows in part 3 of the Heller Ruling. They're claiming that because the AR-15 is the most popular rifle that any attempts to ban or place restrictions on it is deemed unconstitutional. The counter argument is that the top selling brand of AR could be deemed the one kept in "common use" and every other version of it could be banned and it would still fall under Heller's ruling.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)