Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    The issue with the dailies isn't how long time they take, because that takes 30 minutes a day. If you don't want to do a low drop rate one, skip it, it's not rewarding enough for using 15 more minutes. And there lies the issue. Not how long time they take, 4 of 5 dailies takes 15 mins in each zone. The issue is the rewards. An easy fix is to make the minor assault daily, those are worth doing, and since the loot reward is random it would be more like an daily emissary.

So, the issue is not how long time things take, because they do not take time at all, the issue is that there are too few things of importance to do. Right now you can skip dailies and barely notice it.

10+ Year Old Account
    "kill X rares" quests are cancer

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Druidzorz View Post
    Ok don't do them. Problem solved. Noone is forcing you to do them. I finished them in 20 minutes per zone. The dailies are not an issue.
    It's kinda nice that rewards for these dailies are negligible so i don't feel that i fall behind by not doing one of them
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

god it's so unbelievably funny and sad at the same time to scroll thru Necroxis twitter at all of the edgy hot take opinion tweets he makes with 0 replies, 0 retweets, 0 anything. i mean, yeah, i get that's what twitter is for is for posting shit out there for all to read... but literally of his tweets come off as him yelling out his opinions roadside traffic as they all drive by. i wish he would come back to MMOC

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    I sure as hell am not doing this shit until shadow lands.
    Its hilarious Blizzard thought this is the kind of quality content to last until 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    This is your only defense? Take the dailes/2 re-used zones out of the content pool and what's left?

A new raid.
    A vision you can only enter 3 times a week. (30-45 mins of content)
    A new Mythic+ season running the same tired old dungeons.

You're basically asking him to ignore half the patch content. Which is exactly what people are doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Just asking the video game developers to make content that's enjoyable to do in the video game.
    What is enjoyable for you is not enjoyable for others. As is the reverse. If you do not like them, then don't do them. That is why Blizzard made the rewards such as they are... so people do not feel that have to do them since they give you like one extra horrific vision every sixty days or so. And even that advantage is negated by the hard cap on cloak upgrades and the once-per-week loot item level caches.

The Goliath daily "Getting Ahead" is one of the worst dailies ever... only took 27 attempts of killing 1m hp Goliaths to get the fucking quest item.

I'll just stick to get Assaults and mount/pet daily, as well as the lesser vision daily. Fuck everything else. -.-

I globally enjoy them and I just skip the "kill X rares" one. Loved the mini-events especially in Uldum. Doing them with guildmates is good fun.

The worst I've seen so far was for killing the eye stalks in Vale. I gave up after an hour, having killed exactly one.

The rares are generally OK, I've just sat in General chat and flew to co-ords when given. Sometimes you make it, sometimes not. You need to rely on others for that one.

and once again they made opening treasure chests more trouble then its worth.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

I think the patch can be significantly improved with just a few tweaks: 1) Dailies should give way more rep. These reps are going to take absolutely forever at the current rate they give rep; 2) Rares need to have much shorter respawn times. This was not an issue in Mechagon, yet in 8.3 I get a "Kill 5 rares" quest and literally cannot find any rares to fight; and 3) Coalesced Essences either need to drop more or horrific visions need cost lowered. They already gate the cloak at one upgrade per week, and unless I am mistaken the only other things they drop are the talent points FOR the visions or cosmetics. For something meant to be a fun repeatable component of 8.3 it sucks to basically only get 1 shot per week (maybe two).

Overall I don't think the patch is a disaster, but there is definitely room for improvement, especially after the open world content in 8.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Darillyn View Post
    I think the patch can be significantly improved with just a few tweaks: 1) Dailies should give way more rep. These reps are going to take absolutely forever at the current rate they give rep; 2) Rares need to have much shorter respawn times. This was not an issue in Mechagon, yet in 8.3 I get a "Kill 5 rares" quest and literally cannot find any rares to fight; and 3) Coalesced Essences either need to drop more or horrific visions need cost lowered. They already gate the cloak at one upgrade per week, and unless I am mistaken the only other things they drop are the talent points FOR the visions or cosmetics. For something meant to be a fun repeatable component of 8.3 it sucks to basically only get 1 shot per week (maybe two).

Overall I don't think the patch is a disaster, but there is definitely room for improvement, especially after the open world content in 8.2.
    The dailies should have been WQ's and there should have been an emissary. Problem solved for the world content. Those older zones are coded for WQ's and blizzard is clearly too lazy to do it so they gave us dailies instead. Luckily for a lot of classes the new essences are mediocre so the dailies can be skipped entirely other than the vision assaults and daily vision to upgrade the cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    The dailies should have been WQ's and there should have been an emissary. Problem solved for the world content. Those older zones are coded for WQ's and blizzard is clearly too lazy to do it so they gave us dailies instead. Luckily for a lot of classes the new essences are mediocre so the dailies can be skipped entirely other than the vision assaults and daily vision to upgrade the cloak.
    both zones currently have WQs in them.

XD

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    both zones currently have WQs in them.

XD
    I guess the actual assault itself is the WQ. I forgot about that good point. I guess the purpose of no emissary and having dailies is so it takes 3x as long. Go figure

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I don’t know because I’m unsubbed, but asking:

Are the assaults any fun? Let’s say you’re someone who can play 10 hours a week. You’re saying 2-3 of those hours are spent on assaults. I’m assuming that they’re shit, because world content is almost always tuned so anyone can do it.

Those assaults become like a quarter of your playtime, and for many people 10 hours is a massive amount of time to spend on a game.

For the people who play extremely casually and want to putter around in the world it seems fine, and for the hardcore gamer who plays so much it’s not that big a deal, but for the dad who has to steal a few minutes after the kids go to bed, telling them to do mindless grind just seems cruel and completely pointless.

TLDR: it’s a game. People spend their precious free time on it. Including content that’s not fun but required is unacceptable.
    not subbed

opinion

pepelaugh

Did you quit after WoD? The assaults are apexis quests. You fill up the bar by killing semi-rare spawns and finishing little mini-events. You can also kill normal mobs and click on non-event stuff, but they only give 1% completion so they're a waste of time.

8.3 dailies were shit enough to make me unsub after a week. Patch in general has been really boring, but I think at this point I'm just over BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    I guess the actual assault itself is the WQ. I forgot about that good point. I guess the purpose of no emissary and having dailies is so it takes 3x as long. Go figure
    WQ's are the little events that show up on your minimap when you fly by them. The only difference is that they don't show up on your map.

Emissary is basically the assault bar you can do once per cycle. The reason why we didn't get 2 zones of WQ's and 2 emissaries is because it would have fucked up the emissary rotation (as in it would have taken longer to actually get an emissary than the reset on the minor assault now).

And on top of all of this you have the regular dailies.

We basically have the same thing as in the past just in a different color. Still the same.

I don't know if the assaults count as WQs or not, actually. Depends whether the weekly buff gives additional rep. Mechagon was a real WQ for sure.

I will say them switching up all the different major and minor assaults each week does go much farther in keeping the solo grind "fresh" than 8.2. In 8.2 after just a few days I pretty much had seen everything (not that the content was bad, just more repetitive for me personally). I really wish they done a 3rd zone, maybe Storm Peaks, with other minions attacking Ulduar. That would keep things even more interesting.