Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Munson85 View Post
    Damn bro you need to hit up Bellular with this
    Good job, not many posts can make me spit out my coffee and laugh :P
    Here is something to believe in!

Buffing sounds like a good time to me. I hope for the sake of those who want more out of classic that they get that. That'd be a nice addition for the players to have.

Yea because nothing spells out fun like having shitty uninteresting resist items, 0% hit and 10% crit...

Dude you did not even try on this one

0/10 would not get trolled again

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Most people who like classic do so for the same reason they hate retail: Retail wow (outside of the Essence/AP grind) you can basically raid log, but the raids are mechanically very hard (esp on Mythic). But classic is the opposite: Even Naxxramas bosses only have 1-2 mechanics, but they require hours of farming materials and resist gear per hour of actual raid.

Classic is geared towards people who have lots of time on their hands, but can't deal with a boss like Mythic Azshara who has like 20 mechanics to deal with.
    I play classic because I like the gear system better. Gear comes slowly and I can target it without having to worry about tforge. And loot is shared with my class so we form a bond together. Has nothing to do with boss mechanics. I just dont enjoy gearing up in retail then patch drops and I spend 1 week replacing half of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Augusta138 View Post
    You should really read those terms and conditions again and read up why Blitzchung was punished.

God, how ignorant can you be, even linking the damn T&Cs and still claim the punishment was unfair and blablabla.

They simply enforced the rules they set for the event. Blitzchung even admitted that he took a huge risk doing what he did and was aware of the actions that could have been taken. Because he understood the T&Cs.

Some people just dont seem to get it.
    Quitting a game / boycotting a company over an action they were in their right to take.

Great way to punish yourself. But still discussing the game from said company on a daily basis even tho you are boycotting said company.
    Go play something else and move on and leave these forums.

On another note: move on from the Blitzchung thing. It has been months since it happened.
    And it is getting really stale.

Thank you.
    You could say this a million times to people and they don't get it. His own public twitter statement was, "I knew the consequence and I did it anyway." He called me a "fanboy" for repeating the offenders own words. I even stated how I don't disagree at all with speaking out about something like this, but if you're going to break the rules, you're going to suffer the consequence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Let's have a minute of silence for the people who read this.
    thank u...
    he should get banned for trolling
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Fancydress View Post
    This is from a colleague of mine who works in lives in a particular city in a particular island nation for a particular company. He knows I play WoW and forwarded this to me:
    - Blizzard is disappointed that WoW Classic is such a joke and everyone is laughing at them in industry and looking at WoW Classic as an example of how NOT to relaunch things - think Anthem and Breakpoint teams.
    - Everything is way too easy and everything gets exploited and abused as soon as it is released, because the playerbase is no longer as naive as they were back in the day.
    - So they are massively buffing BWL. They internal tests and calculations show that it will be full cleared in under an hour after release. That's content that's meant to last players a few months.
    - They are buffing everything in the raid. Most likely through resistances and mob damage. They can't really add any mechanics.
    - All current gear is going to be useless for BWL and players will have to get pure resist gear, just to survive in there. This means that some bosses will be mathematically unkillable for a while, until the players figure it out and Blizzard "fixes" it.
    - Depending on the success of this, same thing will happen with AQ and Naxx further down the track.
    - Although initially things looked positive, the decline overall in subs has been disastrous.
    - The costs to develop and launch Classic are much, much greater than many seem to realise, and the initial budget was blown out by over 45%.
    - During launch month, multiple teams were reassigned to help deal with the workload, and are no longer required. Expect an announcement regarding layoffs soon.
    - All future development has been put on hold, including the 2022 launch of BC realms. This may be revisited at a later date, but seems unlikely at this time.
    Oh boy if this is true .. BWL was the guild killer .. People will need to farm so much gold for consumables/repairs and I can see now more than one item that will cause much drama .. IF IT IS BUFFED .. I bet we will see less than 5% of the players actually enjoying it on farm.

If it is massively buffed majority of the classic playerbase won't even be able to clear it.

Fake leak.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Source: Dude, trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Let's because the mods don't react to threads they don't like with "ITS A TROLL". A leak is only a leak until it's proven otherwise. There have been many leaks and yet most have some grain of truth in them. This thread is a discussion of this leak, not an exercise where you want to stomp on other people's freedoms to express themselves. I see nothing in OP that I indicates that rules have been broken. Imagination? Maybe. I would have thought so too just one week ago. But now we have a game changing rule come out that goes completely against Blizzards previous position. PvP has a PvP solution. Are you really going to bet against them increasing the difficulty of BWL to make more money?
    I respected your opinion until you said "not an exercise where you want to stomp on other people's freedoms to express themselves. "

Sorry, but this board does not have "free speech" applied. It's a common error, you have a right to speak out however you want, but that doesn't mean that MMO-Champ or any other forum can't ban you for any reason they like.

Furthermore, I am not "stomping" on them in any way. This is obvious trollbait on a brand new account. If it was remotely believable (i.e., didn't go entirely against everything Blizzard has done and said they would do/never do), then it would be worth discussing. The guy posted this thread to rile people up and get responses like mine... if anything, I am doing him a favor.

As much as people obsess over #nochanges etc, what makes you think they are going to dramatically change classic out of nowhere? This is nonsense. I admire your sympathy, even if it's misplaced, but I don't understand your line of thinking in this manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Fancydress View Post
    This is from a colleague of mine who works in lives in a particular city in a particular island nation for a particular company. He knows I play WoW and forwarded this to me:
    - Blizzard is disappointed that WoW Classic is such a joke and everyone is laughing at them in industry and looking at WoW Classic as an example of how NOT to relaunch things - think Anthem and Breakpoint teams.
    - Everything is way too easy and everything gets exploited and abused as soon as it is released, because the playerbase is no longer as naive as they were back in the day.
    - So they are massively buffing BWL. They internal tests and calculations show that it will be full cleared in under an hour after release. That's content that's meant to last players a few months.
    - They are buffing everything in the raid. Most likely through resistances and mob damage. They can't really add any mechanics.
    - All current gear is going to be useless for BWL and players will have to get pure resist gear, just to survive in there. This means that some bosses will be mathematically unkillable for a while, until the players figure it out and Blizzard "fixes" it.
    - Depending on the success of this, same thing will happen with AQ and Naxx further down the track.
    - Although initially things looked positive, the decline overall in subs has been disastrous.
    - The costs to develop and launch Classic are much, much greater than many seem to realise, and the initial budget was blown out by over 45%.
    - During launch month, multiple teams were reassigned to help deal with the workload, and are no longer required. Expect an announcement regarding layoffs soon.
    - All future development has been put on hold, including the 2022 launch of BC realms. This may be revisited at a later date, but seems unlikely at this time.

This is a someone we should be listening to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcath View Post
    Just to think that somebody has this vast of a void in their personal life that they can't be bothered to enrich the missing elements that would round out their general disposition and instead devote a questionably lengthy period of their day hammering away this turd of a diatribe.

This should be on /askreddit "Disappointed Parents of Loser Children; When Did You Realize Their Source of Frustration is Self Inflicted?"
    You seem to be under the impression that what you just typed out is English. It is not. It looks like what a non-native speaker thinks "fancy English" is.
    Unless you're trolling. In that case - nice job. A really believable neck-beard. I can almost smell it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcath View Post
    Just to think that somebody has this vast of a void in their personal life that they can't be bothered to enrich the missing elements that would round out their general disposition and instead devote a questionably lengthy period of their day hammering away this turd of a diatribe.

This should be on /askreddit "Disappointed Parents of Loser Children; When Did You Realize Their Source of Frustration is Self Inflicted?"
    Throws words in blender - hits blitz.

Honestly, I really find it hard to understand what you are trying to say. I appreciate for some English is a second or third language, but I think you need to go back to the drawing board here. Just have another go and see if you can string it together, because this is just confusing.

Is it even on topic at all? Or is it simply attempts at personal insults?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post

This is a someone we should be listening to.
    Every correct or mostly correct leak on this site has been first posted by a 1 post burn account. Logic doesn't stack up.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2020-01-21 at 06:56 PM.

as someone who can read & speak English and under stand that dude, he basically said 'imagine someone who, throughout all their spare time, can't be bothered to find a hobby that would fill that time better, and also make them perhaps a better person, would rather write bullshit in order to get a rise out of ppl.

matched with the idea that those who are frustrated in life in some cases, probably like the OP, it was self inflicted. OP is pissed classic isn't doing too badly so in order to rile up some shit we get these sort of fictional leaks. backed up by nothing, no source no other information, just some rando burner account comes along, writes a bunch of shit that he knows will likely get ppl foaming at the mouth and here we have the collective dummy spitting result.

do I think blizzard are going to intentionally make bwl impossible to clear, in order to stretch out subscriptions, no I don't think they will. I think they have enough subs from classic to support the running of the servers until it inevitably moves to tbc, and i'd imagine that, tbc will likely do the same, provide enough profit to justify its existence. all they have to do is space out these content releases enough to get ppl to sub for 3-6 months at a time to go from one tier to the next. to the next, once you're in and committed, you're gunna pay that sub till you get bored and quit. I highly doubt its costing them much to create bug fixes and press content release buttons every quarter.

they could likely milk this same cow every 10 years, in 2030 re-re-release brand new classic servers and rake in the sub fees again. or just bring out a fresh start server every so often.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-01-21 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post

matched with the idea that those who are frustrated in life in some cases, probably like the OP, it was self inflicted. OP is pissed classic isn't doing too badly so in order to rile up some shit we get these sort of fictional leaks. backed up by nothing, no source no other information, just some rando burner account comes along, writes a bunch of shit that he knows will likely get ppl foaming at the mouth and here we have the collective dummy spitting result.
    Out of interest, and this is something that REALLY confuses me about this community, if everyone knows its all bullshit, why would anyone be foaming at the mouth and spitting dummies? Why wouldnt it just be ignored and everyone focuses on the more interesting and genuine threads on the classic sub forum?

If there is no truth in anything that he said, why would there be 10+ pages of discussion?

well some ppl have said the same thing multiple times. but it is kinda circular usually. a lot of the time I think a thread is just perpetuated because someone says something stupid and then it trails off into its own mini argument, then you can end up with multiples of this, several ppl quoting each other and just keeping the argument going.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Throws words in blender - hits blitz.

Honestly, I really find it hard to understand what you are trying to say. I appreciate for some English is a second or third language, but I think you need to go back to the drawing board here. Just have another go and see if you can string it together, because this is just confusing.

Is it even on topic at all? Or is it simply attempts at personal insults?
    You're just such a hypocrite. You insult them, then decry personal insults. Give it up, kid. We get that OP is you with a different account and that you're bored and want attention. If you're a kid, go make friends IRL. If you're an adult... therapy might help.

- - - Updated - - -

do I think blizzard are going to intentionally make bwl impossible to clear, in order to stretch out subscriptions, no I don't think they will. .
    Of course they won't because it won't stretch out subs, people will simply quit. I'm not going to go into BWL and try to kill things that are literally impossible to kill.

And they don't care about raids being cleared ASAP; look at every retail tier which is cleared within a reset or just after the first reset. Plus, who really cares if a 15 year old raid is cleared quickly?

well some ppl have said the same thing multiple times. but it is kinda circular usually. a lot of the time I think a thread is just perpetuated because someone says something stupid and then it trails off into its own mini argument, then you can end up with multiples of this, several ppl quoting each other and just keeping the argument going.
    You know what I do when I see an obvious troll topic? I chuckle and ignore it. I don't go batshit crazy and type 10 pages of replies.
    People are mad not because they believe this is a troll. People are mad because they think that it could be real. They already experienced it all in game. And they don't like the implications.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Out of interest, and this is something that REALLY confuses me about this community, if everyone knows its all bullshit, why would anyone be foaming at the mouth and spitting dummies? Why wouldnt it just be ignored and everyone focuses on the more interesting and genuine threads on the classic sub forum?

If there is no truth in anything that he said, why would there be 10+ pages of discussion?
    Because you keep saying stupid things to prolong the thread and some of us find it amusing to see if you can keep it straight.