Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I mean whether or not the wound has been closed. If Azeroth is still dying or not. We were gathering Titan Essences in a last ditch effort. I'd rather like to have this wrapped up. It's been a major storyline for the entire expansion until now.
    The wound has been closed the whole time by dint of a big sword being stuck in it. That's precisely why removing it may not be the best idea, as we don't seem to have anything to re-close it after pulling the sword. Never mind not having anything to pull it out in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I mean BFA's issues didn't have anything to do with development time, it had issues because Blizzard's design philosophy was fucking retarded; they were incredibly silent during the testing period about various systems and waited to push them on the beta way too late in the development cycle. I'm pretty sure Shadowlands will still drop at around the same time as the past two expansions have dropped.
    its true, i was in the BFA alpha and the most consistent and clear feedback we gave almost unanimously was most of the classes feel slow and boring with the change to the GCD and removal of artifacts.

blizz told us don't worry azerite Armour will fix it, and you will get used to the GCD change as its good for the pvp guys....

azerite Armour didn't fix it and pvp is still so niche such a change shouldn't have been forced on the majority.

so, shock and horror, the most consistent complaint about bfa live is the classes, azerite and the GCD change.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The wound has been closed the whole time by dint of a big sword being stuck in it. That's precisely why removing it may not be the best idea, as we don't seem to have anything to re-close it after pulling the sword. Never mind not having anything to pull it out in the first place.
    For a closed wound, it's sure bleeding her to death a lot.

Your speculation about if removing the blade itself is a good idea aside, I hope you can at least agree about my point that whether or not Azeroth has stopped bleeding out, is worth getting an answer to? It was the catalyst of the war, and we've put a lot of time and story into saving Azeroth. I'd say it's worth getting a good answer on if our efforts were successful.

7+ Year Old Account
    Azeroth is nowhere near of being saved, Magni even said in 8.2, that we still have to handle a "dying Azeroth". Really not sure how they gonna wrap it up. Maybe it will carry over SL?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Really not sure how they gonna wrap it up.
    By completely forgetting about it and instead make N'zoth her primary cause of pain.

check 5:53

Formerly known as Arafal

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Azeroth is nowhere near of being saved, Magni even said in 8.2, that we still have to handle a "dying Azeroth". Really not sure how they gonna wrap it up. Maybe it will carry over SL?
    Honestly it'll probably carry over to 10.0.

I have a sinking suspicion that the Azeroth-based plotlines are on pause for SL.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I'm a bit out of the loop, are we gonna see the final raid cinematic today? At what time does the raid open?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    I'm a bit out of the loop, are we gonna see the final raid cinematic today? At what time does the raid open?
    Supposed to be open right now.

I think.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    It opens today. Theoretically we'll get it once a streamer clears the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    It opens today. Theoretically we'll get it once a streamer clears the raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Supposed to be open right now.

I think.

Thanks guys

Right. Cinematics are out. They didn't confirm much. But handing in the quest and talking to Mother reveals some of the state of Azeroth. Guess that's as close as we're gonna get. No other changes in the world. It's not as much as I'd have liked, but it'll do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Right. Cinematics are out. They didn't confirm much. But handing in the quest and talking to Mother reveals some of the state of Azeroth. Guess that's as close as we're gonna get. No other changes in the world. It's not as much as I'd have liked, but it'll do.
    I'm extremely disappointed honestly. I didn't want to buy the idea that they basically shoved a half-assed finale out the door, but that's what they clearly did here. Now we get to go hide away in the death dimension for 2 years before we pick any of this up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I'm extremely disappointed honestly. I didn't want to buy the idea that they basically shoved a half-assed finale out the door, but that's what they clearly did here. Now we get to go hide away in the death dimension for 2 years before we pick any of this up again.
    Yeah same. Very, very disappointed. No closure in the cinematics, they were kind of pointless. No story progression or tie in to Shadowlands. No 8.3.5. How is this supposed to connect to the next expansion? It just feels like they abandoned the expansion to work on Shadowlands and just pushed some half baked finale.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure the response to BFA's entire setup and systems is what lead to this all happening. Not pointing fingers, just a consequence.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Don't really get how they managed their resources for BfA cinematics. From one side we get almost short CGI movie about Saurfang, shit ton of cinematics during story, yet for most anticipated raid endings we got 1)nothing for G'huun and mini raid, 2)nothing for Jaina fight (for some reason cinematic in the begining and middle) 3)very short Azshara cinematic 4)even shorter N'zoth one.

Btw, it's funny peple claiming BfA is shit cause last cinematic. Because if we measure expac by quality of cinematics (btw - we shouldn't), BfA is overall miles better than any other expansion.

Well the raids out and the verdict on this patch seems to be pretty meh at best (I'll only play to get the backpack since that will likely go away and it seems pretty easy to get).

Lets get that alpha started now!

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Well the raids out and the verdict on this patch seems to be pretty meh at best (I'll only play to get the backpack since that will likely go away and it seems pretty easy to get).

Lets get that alpha started now!
    Wouldn't call it easy to get. Gotta fill out the entire corrupted momento talent tree first, before you can start earning the other rewards. But yeah, I'll go for it.

There's only the backpack and the mount to grind for, so I'll probably only bother going through Horrific Visions on two of my characters, and won't bother doing the current content on my 5 other ones. Unlike in Legion with the mage tower, I don't really see a reason to put energy into those other alts. Too bad really, cause I did gear them to 430 over the course of the expansion, in case there would be some unique reward.

Ah well. I am a roleplay guild leader and a collector. Not like I am lacking things to do until 9.0. Being able to drop 5 out of 7 alts is not such bad news for me. But I imagine there are plenty of others for which it'll suck quite badly. Horrific Visions seem fun. But other than gearing up, there's little incentive otherwise to keep doing them, that I see.

Yeah same. Very, very disappointed. No closure in the cinematics, they were kind of pointless. No story progression or tie in to Shadowlands. No 8.3.5. How is this supposed to connect to the next expansion?
    It isn't. That part was in 8.2.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Don't really get how they managed their resources for BfA cinematics. From one side we get almost short CGI movie about Saurfang, shit ton of cinematics during story, yet for most anticipated raid endings we got 1)nothing for G'huun and mini raid, 2)nothing for Jaina fight (for some reason cinematic in the begining and middle) 3)very short Azshara cinematic 4)even shorter N'zoth one.

Btw, it's funny peple claiming BfA is shit cause last cinematic. Because if we measure expac by quality of cinematics (btw - we shouldn't), BfA is overall miles better than any other expansion.
    Because they knew more people cared about factions/Saurfang and Sylvanas than they cared about N'zoth.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It isn't. That part was in 8.2.5.
    What?
    #tenchars