Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicPhoenix View Post
    I don't think I ever complained about WoW patches before, but the time has come (unfortunately I had to create a new account, because it seems my previous one was deleted awhile ago for not accepting some EU requirements...)

No this isn't a "quit WoW thread", maybe I'll take a break, but 99% coming back for the next expansion.

Let me explain why I hate this patch:
    • It all started with the Uldum questline in HoO: "Activate the elevators". I'm playing since 2008 october, but I never spent 30mins on a quest before without having any idea what to do and even a youtube video wasn't helpful enough. It's done now, but I still don't get it what the hell was going on there.
    • Mogushan scenario: Stage 4 "Reach the mogushan Vaults" - No this is fake, you have to kill a bigger Mantid. Stage 6: Reach the engine. Nothing on map, no idea where to go... What the hell? Scenarios were never this hard, information is fake or useless. What is this nonsense... I didn't ask for "ultra hard mode".
    • Quests: Oh boy, those quests are nightmarish.
    • Both areas: Killing 1 mob gives 1% is already a disaster, but the area is huge, you always have to fly around for more mobs, instead of being a small area, where you can kill, whatever you can reach. So kill 100, but also spend EVEN more time by flying around (I know some items gives 5%).
    • Uldum: Collect 6 something, which every 100th mob drops (main quest was already at 100%, while I still only had 4 of this). Similar issues in Eternal Blossoms too.
    • Main quest finish (kill the big mob): You enter a zone, where you have to walk about 3 minutes to reach the big mob, then when you kill it, walk another 3 minutes. What the hell?
    • Make it even worse: Travelling to these zones takes A LOT OF TIME! To Uldum: Boralus > Portal to SW > Fly to other end of SW > Uldum. To Eternal Blossoms: Boralus > Portal to SW > Portal to Jade Forest > Fly a lot...
    • Oh, and another issue: I've already played a lot in these zones, I don't wanna see them again, I want new zones. Also Uldum is the one of the worst zones (most boring) ever created and now we go back there (instead of something way better like Twilight Highlands or Mount Hyjal if we stay in "Cataclysm" zones).

Seriously, what were they thinking? Completing these every day takes like 2 hours, which is too much for me + it's super boring, while doing Nazjatar and Mechagon every day took like 30mins and it was mostly fun.

So tell me, do you feel the same way, or just me?
    I didn't have any issues with the scenarios (though I genuinely hope they are all skippable on alts).

I don't have any issue with the invasion quest time to complete... that is, the one where you have to complete a percentage. Doing the events ends the invasions quickly. I do have a huge issue with the fact that they are incredibly unrewarding in terms of reputation, however.

The daily quests are extraordinarily boring, some of them are downright frustrating (it's been a long time since I got so fed up with a daily quest that I literally gave up on it and moved on, but on the plus side it was an easy decision since the rewards are so uninspiring), so I couldn't agree more in that they are straight garbage.

I don't mind traveling to these zones, however, I have two bones to pick. First of all, they may as well just add portals to these locations in Boralas/Zuldazar. Second of all, if they don't want to do that, they should bring back a portal to the Vale... which we've had since forever and it was removed for no reason when we finally have a reason to go there. Flying to the Vale from Jade Forest is kind of boring.

I have no issue with revisiting old zones. In fact I rather enjoyed it, Uldum was one of my favorite zones with some of my least favorite quest chains, now I can experience Uldum a better way. And returning to the Vale, especially now that it has been restored, is very satisfying.

There are a lot of issues with this patch that don't make sense to me, however.

First of all, why would they reduce reputation gains and draw out these grinds even longer when everyone has been complaining about the grinds this expansion and they have been losing players like crazy because of burn out? Is Blizzard truly this ignorant/stupid?

Second of all, why are they using dailies? Didn't they learn from Arathi Highlands/Darkshore that world quests are better for these kinds of zones and more fun? Why bring the awful daily system back in this way?

I mean, I have more issues with this patch but let's focus on invasions for now, since they are the core part of 8.3.

I don't think I ever complained about WoW patches before, but the time has come (unfortunately I had to create a new account, because it seems my previous one was deleted awhile ago for not accepting some EU requirements...)

No this isn't a "quit WoW thread", maybe I'll take a break, but 99% coming back for the next expansion.

Let me explain why I hate this patch:
    • It all started with the Uldum questline in HoO: "Activate the elevators". I'm playing since 2008 october, but I never spent 30mins on a quest before without having any idea what to do and even a youtube video wasn't helpful enough. It's done now, but I still don't get it what the hell was going on there.
    • Mogushan scenario: Stage 4 "Reach the mogushan Vaults" - No this is fake, you have to kill a bigger Mantid. Stage 6: Reach the engine. Nothing on map, no idea where to go... What the hell? Scenarios were never this hard, information is fake or useless. What is this nonsense... I didn't ask for "ultra hard mode".
    • Quests: Oh boy, those quests are nightmarish.
    • Both areas: Killing 1 mob gives 1% is already a disaster, but the area is huge, you always have to fly around for more mobs, instead of being a small area, where you can kill, whatever you can reach. So kill 100, but also spend EVEN more time by flying around (I know some items gives 5%).
    • Uldum: Collect 6 something, which every 100th mob drops (main quest was already at 100%, while I still only had 4 of this). Similar issues in Eternal Blossoms too.
    • Main quest finish (kill the big mob): You enter a zone, where you have to walk about 3 minutes to reach the big mob, then when you kill it, walk another 3 minutes. What the hell?
    • Make it even worse: Travelling to these zones takes A LOT OF TIME! To Uldum: Boralus > Portal to SW > Fly to other end of SW > Uldum. To Eternal Blossoms: Boralus > Portal to SW > Portal to Jade Forest > Fly a lot...
    • Oh, and another issue: I've already played a lot in these zones, I don't wanna see them again, I want new zones. Also Uldum is the one of the worst zones (most boring) ever created and now we go back there (instead of something way better like Twilight Highlands or Mount Hyjal if we stay in "Cataclysm" zones).

Seriously, what were they thinking? Completing these every day takes like 2 hours, which is too much for me + it's super boring, while doing Nazjatar and Mechagon every day took like 30mins and it was mostly fun.

So tell me, do you feel the same way, or just me?
    See my dudes, this is what we're dealing with. A person who can't figure out how to connect two beams from one point to the other is complaining and whining.

Oh you poor fella', do you have to walk for a minute, pardon me, I meant fly for a minute after you've taken 6 portals ?

Nothing on map, no idea where to go ? I know you'll find this insane, but have you ever thought about, you know, reading the god damn quest ???!!

Jeez, some people man, some people...

Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    I've just tried this patch today and it was surprisingly good. I was skeptical about corrupted items but they are so much fun, firstly, they add a bit of fun with all these debuffs, eyes and monsters spawning around you. Secondly, the bonuses are also nice, they are not flat numbers but some buffs.

Moreover, we wiped in Temple of Snakegoddess, and there was a N'zoth fish to buff us all for +20% damage and heal for a price of more corruption which is another nice fun tweak.

Overall, it's pretty fun.
    I'd be happier if the initial downside of corruption didn't affect some specs rather more than others.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    I was responding to what I quoted, not your overall post.
    I guess that's the problem then. Don't cherry pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    Using "this is a 15 year old game" in any argument is, in my opinion, bad.
    Using "this is a 15 year old game" as and excuse for some failing is bad. Using it as context is not.

My biggest gripe with this patch so far is that I have to decide whether I am going to do my horrific visions when I choose to or wait for friends.

If I plan to do them with friends then I need to spec into the group side of the Research tree. If I plan to do them solo then I choose that side. I can't interchange.

It would be nice if we could assist our friends in Horrific Visions and receive no loot if we don't have a vessel. If we can run dungeons and raids we're already saved to why can't we help with Horrifics?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Summary - no it isn't.

No more than every other patch that the mists of time make vanish from our memories.

The patch is just fine.
    Oke so Op is overreacting a bit, but tbh this patch is full of buggs if you mean by fine. Hell magni bugged out twice in HoO I had to abbandon quest re do it. This happened on 2 differnt characters

Also 2 heroic vessels were lost thanks to another bugged scenario. Also the teleport to chamber was bugged and people stacked up at the portal, creating massive fps dropps and lags, couldnt continue..

Cant realy say anything positive about this patch besides Uldum that is finnaly used and is fun to run through.

This patch is everything, but fine tbh.

If you had no problems well lucky you
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-01-21 at 04:22 PM.

I kinda knew this would happen.... but we all have to cave in to check our curiosity.

Its not the best. I already know i'll get bored soon, but i want to try out the new raid.

I knew this patch would be shit when blizzard announced the 6-month sub mount deal. Whenever they do that, they know the content will suck and not last so they try to lock in as many people as possible before they figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by GUZ View Post
    Yes I am aware that still doesn’t change the fact that last week I farmed 10k currency for 3 days and now its just gone and got nothing to show for it but like 20 shit mementos. Just feels unrewarding currently.
    I get that and losing it because of bugs suck

Losing it because you failed it is not really a game issue

I disagree completely with the part of scenario's been too hard. They are exactly what WoW needs but still not quiet it. I love the fact we get to do something more than 'kill 10 of these'' and ''press this switch''. The only thing I don't understand is why these mobs are so damn weak, like I just can't die by them. Besides of the objectives like the beams or the traps in Mogu'shan, the enemies are shit boring. The final boss of the Pandaria scenario was fun tho.

Quote Originally Posted by GUZ View Post
    Yes I am aware that still doesn’t change the fact that last week I farmed 10k currency for 3 days and now its just gone and got nothing to show for it but like 20 shit mementos. Just feels unrewarding currently.
    sucks to suck i guess

Yes, and I still don't know how it was done. I really didn't understand that (and still don't).
    It was like the beam crossing quests in Suramar. You were supposed to click the various stations (with cog wheel when you moused over) to eventually (trial and error) redirect the beams so one hits either side of whatever it was (controller?) - admittedly, I forget since it was last week.

I got as far as painfully completing the awful Uldum dailies, and got so irritated that I logged off for the day. I haven't been on much since, and when I am, I'm just doing random pre-8.3 crap, like triple-boxing IEs for mounts. Even the simple fact that the WQs require available quest log space (which meant more annoying rounds of "what can I afford to abandon?"), ticked me off. They had time to completely revamp (break) the AH, but couldn't give the Quest log some love and some more space? Of COURSE not. Managing one's quest log is "content" now.

I guess we should be happy these gross incompetents are making video games. They could be surgeons, in which case they'd be killing and maiming people. In this case, they're just killing and maiming this game (and fun).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 123youshowme View Post
    sucks to suck i guess
    yeah u def would know
    "Voted Most Likely To Be Banned From The Forum."

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    "while doing Nazjatar and Mechagon every day took like 30mins and it was mostly fun." - pretty sure your other account probably had 5 threads about how bad previous zones were. Why do you people think spamming basically the same thread over and over would create some form of overwhelming narrative?

In all the gibberish, there is only 1 reasonable complaint - the lack of direct portals from main BFA cities to Uldum and Vale. No, the scenarios arent challenging and you can complete all dailies and invasion in 20 min per zone. And why are you coming for the next expansion? I thought it was a filler expansion? Cant even keep all the stories straight at this point...
    Dazar'alor > Orgrimmar > Uldum > fly to Magni > Dazar'alor.
    Dazar'alor > Orgrimmar > Jade Forest > fly to Vale > Shrine > Orgrimmar > Dazar'alor.

It's not hard.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    Its not the best. I already know i'll get bored soon, but i want to try out the new raid.

I knew this patch would be shit when blizzard announced the 6-month sub mount deal. Whenever they do that, they know the content will suck and not last so they try to lock in as many people as possible before they figure it out.
    you mean shame on them for announcing a 6 month deal when the previous 6 month deal expired?

Lmao what the fuck are yall smoking honestly?

For reals. Can someone explain what's the difference between M+-es and visions?
    - Both are instanced
    - Visions have gimmicks (masks, sanity etc), m+-es have gimmicks (affixes and season variables)
    - Yes, visions can be played alone, or scale from 1-5, many people who don't want to fail do them in 4-5 ppl groups, because it's easier. (M+-es of course don't scale.)
    - Both are "progressive", but while mythic pluses are "level up and run again" type, visions are "checkpoint" types.
    - We already have people "min-maxing", "pushing it", and "WTS visions all bosses plus masks" is on the table as well. Just like m+.

To me it seems visions are simply glorified and tweaked (scaling) mythic plus 2.0s. And this is what's the new best thing since sliced bread in wow...
    Last edited by Lei; 2020-01-21 at 10:12 PM.

Imagine proclaiming 8.3 as a disaster because you're too retarded to do an introduction questline. WOW

Mod Edit: Don't use giant fonts in this fashion.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-01-21 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Removed Giant Fonts, Received Infraction

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    8.3 is a disaster because it doesn't even have an ending. How about that one.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    i heard somewhere that if you don't do it yourself, the game automatically does it for you after a while.
    I suspect this is true cause mine completed when it was exactly the same as I had already had it a few moments before. I never bothered to figure out what to do there so I just hit stuff until it finished. I have zero patience for stuff like that.

There is nothing hard in 8.3, but the time wasting tactics they pull makes me avoid doing the dailies.

The mobs targeted by quests suddenly become super rare as they do not spawn at their usual spots, if you need items dropped by them then it becomes a test of patience.. feels like getting those last boar livers in Westfall all over again.