Thread: The UFC Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    You made a list?
    YYYYYYYYYYYYYYes

How come Conor vs Cowboy doesn't have a press conference? That is one thing to sell the fight tbh...

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PokeKitty View Post
    How come Conor vs Cowboy doesn't have a press conference? That is one thing to sell the fight tbh...
    They're both names that don't need to do jack shit to sell. Conor is also trying to go back to his martial artist ways of old when literally everyone loved him before he became a douche with money, probably trying to win some hearts back, the die hard fans will stay even if he shuts his mouth. Smart move if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    They're both names that don't need to do jack shit to sell. Conor is also trying to go back to his martial artist ways of old when literally everyone loved him before he became a douche with money, probably trying to win some hearts back, the die hard fans will stay even if he shuts his mouth. Smart move if you ask me.
    About time. He's still trash talking Khabib, though (calling him scared etc.) even though he knows Khabib mauled him. He even claimed he "was winning" before he got choked, hilarious, really. Then again, I understand the attempt; if he can trigger Khabib he might get a title shot before he earns it. Luckily, Khabib isn't an idiot.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

lmao what was that

10+ Year Old Account
    Legit hasn't opened my snacks before that fight was done with.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

I am forever a Cowboy fan. But this was never going to be anything more than a warmup to get Conor back in the Octagon.

Problem now is I don’t know where Conor goes next. There aren’t any fights that seem legitimately winnable for him. Masvidal makes the most sense and the build would be insane. But I don’t know if that’s a fight he survives.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why I don't buy PPV fights. Can't even do a highlight on Youtube without airing the entire thing.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Those shoulders were nasty. He has added some strength to that weight.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Legit dont care for Mayweather unless it's in the octagon.

Zzzz I fell asleep and missed it last night. Glad it wasn't much.

I don't think anyone can like Connor as a human being so...

But I also don't think anyone really expected Cowboy to win. As mentioned before in the thread, it doesn't seem like there's anyone good for Connor to fight next, though.

meh i tried to watch it on stream but it lagged me out, next time really need to go to a bar and watch...

Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    Problem now is I don’t know where Conor goes next.
    Masvidal -> Ferguson

if he wins both and that's a big if, he can apply for another mauling by Khabib.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Dana keeps saying Khabib is the next fight for Conor, but Conor’s coach also said he fights again before the summer. So I guess it would go Masvidal -> Khabib. And don’t count Conor out in the rematch. People did that with his Diaz rematch.
    Conor stands absolutely no chance against Khabib and he will definitely not get that rematch before he beats at least two ranked contenders. Cowboy was a warm-up fight and everyone knew it.

Anyway, Pettis vs Ferreira and Oleinik vs Greene was pretty damn awesome too; love jiu jitsu heavy fights <3

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sold on Connor's unorthodox counter clinch technique yet to throw him at Khabib.

Weird thing to say when the guy who makes the matches says the Khabib rematch is the obvious next fight for Conor...
    He's not the one to decide. Khabib is and Khabib has stated multiple times that he has no interest in fighting Conor unless he has something to offer to his legacy, which he can only do if he beats worthwhile opponents first; Cowboy is not that.

Dana rarely doesn’t get his way. “Either fight Conor or lose the belt.”
    Doubt it. Besides, there's Ferguson first, not that I think he stands a chance; Dagestani wrestling is 10th Planet kryptonite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Doubt it. Besides, there's Ferguson first, not that I think he stands a chance; Dagestani wrestling is 10th Planet kryptonite.
    Dude, there is no fucking doubt about that.

The only way the fight doesn't happen is when Khabib is stripped of the belt and maybe even cut. You just don't play politics with Dana, he is the boss in the end. Especially when you are not a company man to begin with.

Khabib is just butthurt asshole, somehow he thinks he can move the needle when in fact he doesn't. His only motivation to refuse the fight is to 'punish' Conor. If he was smart, he would just smash the loud mouth once again and be done with him forever - you win twice and it is done, just the way it goes in combat sports.

With that being said, I really want to see the Tony fight. Hopefuly he will make him bleed, I just don't like Khabib at all - seems way too fake.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Dude, there is no fucking doubt about that.

The only way the fight doesn't happen is when Khabib is stripped of the belt and maybe even cut. You just don't play politics with Dana, he is the boss in the end. Especially when you are not a company man to begin with.

Khabib is just butthurt asshole, somehow he thinks he can move the needle when in fact he doesn't. His only motivation to refuse the fight is to 'punish' Conor. If he was smart, he would just smash the loud mouth once again and be done with him forever - you win twice and it is done, just the way it goes in combat sports.

With that being said, I really want to see the Tony fight. Hopefuly he will make him bleed, I just don't like Khabib at all - seems way too fake.
    Again, I doubt it. I see Khabib vs GSP happening sooner than a bout with Khabib after merely beating Cowboy. Conor just hasn't earned the right to a title shot yet.

That said, I'd love to see Khabib maul that pesky loud mouth again.

How is Khabib butthurt and what makes him an asshole, according to you? Plenty of douches in the octagon, but Khabib definitely isn't one of them.