Poll: Were you disappointed with the cinematic?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Anti-climatic anime ending is the perfect fit for the absolute shitshow that was BfA's story.

Blizzard should be ashamed of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    rushing the single most important cinematic in an expansion? that just downright bad. shouldve cut one of the pointless saurfang/sylvanas cinematics instead of cutting short the end cinematic of the expansion, that (presumably) shows the death of the last old god (for now, until blizz decides they want to bring the other back)
    No. The several movie-level cinematics focusing on Saurfang being sad are infinitely more important.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    So, here's the story...

Classic: Base Players vs Rag, Onyxia, Kel'Thuzad, Nefarian, and C'Thun.

TBC: Kaio-Ken Players vs Kil'Jaeden.

WoTLK: Super Saiyan Players vs The Lich King.

Cata: SSJ2 Players vs Deathwing.

MoP: SSJ3 Players vs Garrosh Hellscream (Infused with Y'Shaarj).

WoD: SSG Players vs Archimonde.

Legion: SSB Players vs Argus.

BFA: SSBKKx20 Players vs N'Zoth.

Shadowlands: U.I.O Players vs The Final Boss of Shadowlands.

And lastly, 10.0: Ultra Instinct Players vs The Void Lords.

WATCH!!!!
    Not sure wtf are you talking about. Lore wise: Akama + Maiev defeated Illidan, Tirion defeated LK, Thrall + aspects = Deathwing, Alliance + Horde rebels = Garrosh, Grom + Khadgar + Yrel = Archimond. We were in the background most of the time, so why is it such a problem suddenly, that we did to N'zoth, what Thrall did to Deathwing? It wasn't our power, we just channelled it from the outside.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Build up N'zoth from Cataclysm, doesn't even utilize his potential. It was said that a released old god would be catastrophical to the world. Not at one point did it seem like it had any catastrophical meaning. Nobody gives a fuck about Uldum and Vale.
    Brag that Azshara will finally appear in BFA, consistently tell how strong and badass she was. End her in an add-fight with a cutscene where she looks like a scared schoolgirl.
    Build up a story for Death Knights and The Lich King, only to have him being defeated by Mary Suelvanas without effort.

Whoever writes this shit should never be hired as writers for anything fantasy related. Pissing on 25 years of good, bad, awesome and such storytelling only to force Sylvanas and a new unknown "big badass" character.

I had a slight hope that they wouldn't just knock N'zoth over after so many years of character development, but seriously. Fuck these writers.

Stood in the Fire Grand Phoenix's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    So who are the other people in the cinematic? Since our pc is THE Champion of Azeroth, singular.

Coming back when the plot calls for it is just shitty writing.. and I really hate using that term.
    Is it shitty because you think it's shit via personal opinion or it's shit because it's genuinely shit? Hasn't one of the complaints in this game always been that the player gets the kill on the final boss "stolen" by big lore figures ala Tirion/Thrall/Illidan? Maybe the cutscene is short, but at least in this expansion you, the player, are incorporated into it to some degree. This time you can't say someone like Wrathion stole your kill. Canonically, the Alliance/Horde Adventurer took down N'Zoth in Ny'alotha.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    @Maljinwo

I like this because it means that Azshara technically saved the world.
    Jesus. Blizzard is fully capable of trying to redeem her, arent they?
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Cant belive this it it.

I acctually went straight to customer suport and refunded my gametime.
    I need a little break ������
    Thats how underwhelming it felt

10+ Year Old Account
    Man imagine if N'zoth had the foresight to not leave Knaifu on the ground for a Horde player to pick up and set in motion his death. Heck imagine if he had the foresight not to leave it with Azshara.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Ofc she did. How can she rule the world if someone else fucks it up? Azshara is still one of the few good things to happen to this xpac.
    It's true. Here's to hoping she carries another patch later.

@Darknessvamp

Why does Azshara have the dagger if she's a prisoner?
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarrgoth View Post
    I had a slight hope that they wouldn't just knock N'zoth over after so many years of character development, but seriously. Fuck these writers.
    "Several years of character development" lol

Like dafuq? I agree that as a show of power N'zoth was pitiful, but to pretend he has been anything but a charactersless blob of void like all the Old Gods are is hilarious. "character development" my ass bahhaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Not sure wtf are you talking about. Lore wise: Akama + Maiev defeated Illidan, Tirion defeated LK, Thrall + aspects = Deathwing, Alliance + Horde rebels = Garrosh, Grom + Khadgar + Yrel = Archimond. We were in the background most of the time, so why is it such a problem suddenly, that we did to N'zoth, what Thrall did to Deathwing? It wasn't our power, we just channelled it from the outside.
    I was mostly just joking, due to the Kamehameha beam that demolished N'Zoth...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    Cant belive this it it.

I acctually went straight to customer suport and refunded my gametime.
    I need a little break ������
    Thats how underwhelming it felt
    Now that's one mother of an overreactions. Assuming that it is true, of course.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Now that's one mother of an overreactions, Assuming it is true, of course.
    why? assuming he plays it for the story, this is a kick in the balls
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

In place of Illidan getting the Kerrigan treatment in Legion, we got "blow up big bad with friendship beam" instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    It's true. Here's to hoping she carries another patch later.

@Darknessvamp

Why does Azshara have the dagger if she's a prisoner?
    I'm guessing it was N'zoth's way of taunting her. "Na na na I am literally feet away from you and the one thing that can rupture my flesh and expose my vital organs is in your grasp but you can't use it. Na na..."
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    In place of Illidan getting the Kerrigan treatment in Legion, we got "blow up big bad with friendship beam" instead.
    That wasn't a friendship beam at all, and Illidan never got the Kerrigan treatment, tf?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Phoenix View Post
    Is it shitty because you think it's shit via personal opinion or it's shit because it's genuinely shit? Hasn't one of the complaints in this game always been that the player gets the kill on the final boss "stolen" by big lore figures ala Tirion/Thrall/Illidan? Maybe the cutscene is short, but at least in this expansion you, the player, are incorporated into it to some degree. This time you can't say someone like Wrathion stole your kill. Canonically, the Alliance/Horde Adventurer took down N'Zoth in Ny'alotha.
    It's shit in my opinion, I can't and won't speak for others.

I don't mind the player characters getting the kill on bosses, I do find it strange how we're THE Champion now and it's not just ChampionS of Azeroth(since that's what Magnis faction is called). I suppose there's only one Heart of Azeroth or some shit, still I would've liked it better had they channeled the power through everyone in the raid and not just the one player character.

Really put emphasis on how you need a group of people for this kind of stuff.

I just want Shadowlands at this point, let's hope it doesn't take too long for them to release it. Don't wanne be doing this for the next 10 months.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    why? assuming he plays it for the story, this is a kick in the balls
    Story, that was already known with the announcement of SL. They complain about the form, not ending itself.