Poll: Were you disappointed with the cinematic?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just beautiful. A true quintessence of BfA right here. Couldn't have imagined a more fitting ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    @Maljinwo

I like this because it means that Azshara technically saved the world.
    Azshara and Sylvanas since they plotted together. And the best thing is N'Zoth helped out because he essentially handed the dagger to Sylvanas for no reason whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

That was amazing. Much better than I expected. We're finally the hero instead of all those nobodies stealing our spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    That wasn't a friendship beam at all, and Illidan never got the Kerrigan treatment, tf?!
    you missed the point where he went from a servant of the Legion slaughtering innocents on his quest for power to the chosen one whos ultimate goal was always to defeat the Legion?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    No. The several movie-level cinematics focusing on Saurfang being sad are infinitely more important.
    I'm getting the feeling you're not truly appreciating how sad he was. Which means there will be one more of Saurfang smiling upon us from the Maw in lieu of 8.3.5.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

I defend Blizz where i can... because i think the negativity sometimes gets out of hand...

the Wrathion thing was cool. And foreshadowing... yay... exactly what we need in the last patch. More questions. But it actually looked good.

The N'zoth one on the other hand.... WTF? Seriously. Look what they did for Sylvanas and that old Orc whatchacallhimagain... and than this? Fuck i am so dissapointed. And i wasn't nearly as dissapointed with BFA as most of the forum talkers...

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    So who are the other people in the cinematic? Since our pc is THE Champion of Azeroth, singular.
    They are the countless commanders of Draenor campaign, who coincidentaly settled their garrisons at the same place, lul.

See, blizzard elevating a PC was a big mistake. A can of worms. And the further with expansions we go, the more worms are released.

Just please blizz. No more Magni and MOTHER deus ex machina. Am I supposed to believe that, were it not for us stumbling upon Uldir (so no MOTHER), we would have failed? Since even Ra-den, a titan keeper, is impressed and overwhelmed by what MOTHER is capable to do.

And we thought Alliance vs Horde storyline was bad, lol. I say the Magni / HoA one was a lot worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I'm getting the feeling you're not truly appreciating how sad he was. Which means there will be one more of Saurfang smiling upon us from the Maw in lieu of 8.3.5.
    Wow I can't wait to consume more Sadfang material!

Especially if he's going to be Smilefang!!!!

Azshara and Sylvanas since they plotted together. And the best thing is N'Zoth helped out because he essentially handed the dagger to Sylvanas for no reason whatsoever.
    N'zoth gave the knife to Sylvanas so that Sylvanas could give it to Azshara so that Sylvanas could send the fleet with the champion to open the way. Then the champions would take out Azshara and he'd get the knife back and be free. At that point, no one has any way to harm him since he has the knife.

Sadly for him, he has the same subterranean IQ as everyone else and so forgot to safely dispose of the knife in the sharp objects container instead of giving his prisoner the only thing that could defeat him.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2020-01-21 at 10:37 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Jesus. Blizzard is fully capable of trying to redeem her, arent they?
    Just you wait for Shadowlands redeeming Sylvanas, Kael, Arthas, Gul'dan and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    You can both enjoy something and be critical of it at the same time.
    No, you must blindly love it or you're le hater.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I might cancel my subscription after watching this. This is a new low from Blizzard, honestly. It is THAT bad.
    Understandable... I don't use sub but gametime, i hate subs so when i want to i pay for a month of gametime unless it's a expansion i'm really loving to play, then i sub again. We keep thinking they have more on their sleeves but ends up being a emptiness party of anti climatic events.

I can imagine how nobble is feeling about this too, he loves lore!

Quote Originally Posted by Gangreflamme View Post
    To be honest, I'm not surprised, not am I disappointed. The cinematic team did an incredible job throughout bfa and I think they are just more focused on Shadowlands at this point so I can't be angry at them for rushing that part.
    When you go to the restaurant, if you receive a shit dish you are still entitled to point that out, doesnt matter how delicious appetizers they served and doesnt matter if they are in rush for the next meal. You can think its a bad analogy, but the point still stands - doing good for a time isnt an excuse to do bad, and a current product should certainly not suffer in cost of a future one.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Why does Azshara have the dagger if she's a prisoner?
    Maybe the true redemption arc here was that of N'Zoth, with the twist being that he wanted to be defeated to save Azeroth, but had to go about it the roundabout way to fool his Void programming. So he'd be the suicidal Overmind to Azshara and Sylvanas getting Kerriganned.

So basically it's an in-game cutscene where the player character goes full DBZ and Kamehamehas Nzoth in the face? There isn't even a real cutscene?

Good lord that's bad.

I have to say this was what I expected but far worse. Nzoth was the one thing I hope blizzard wouldnt completely fuck up. I guess we have half assed generic villains and sylvans to look forward to until the inevitable reboot in a few years.

heres hoping theres atleast a secret mythic phase

They are clearly run out of ideas. The Wrathion cinematic reminded me of Arya vs King of the Night and the final cinematic of a random episode of Dragon Ball Z.

Like another posted before "i was expecting nothing and still i'm disappointed".

N'zoth didn't feel the big bad boy of the expansion and his end feels like we defeated a random dude, like with Deathwing on Cataclysm. So much lore wasted in this expansion: Azshara and Nazjatar and the Old Gods and Nyalotha.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something astoundingly hollow about the "victory" that follows this cinematic. It's probably the fact we beat this Old God in the patch after he was just released and became a "threat" to Azeroth and there also happens to be a crazy elf seeking death en mass that is still out there and is actually able to follow through on that plan.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    When you go to the restaurant, if you receive a shit dish you are still entitled to point that out, doesnt matter how delicious appetizers they served and doesnt matter if they are in rush for the next meal. You can think its a bad analogy, but the point still stands - doing good for a time isnt an excuse to do bad, and a current product should certainly not suffer in cost of a future one.
    In terms of an expansion, a story-- you can't just start it with blaring sirens and celebration and then end it with a wet fart.

You wouldn't enjoy a book either if it started great then ended the main point of conflict that was built up in 1 page of anticlimactic bullshittery.

JAnd the best thing is N'Zoth helped out because he essentially handed the dagger to Sylvanas for no reason whatsoever.
    ?
    Its was the horde "champion" that handed it to her. It was basically "geez, this dagger had an old god in it. And it still reeks of bad voodoo. Nzoth could have done something to it... Yes, I'll just bring it to my warchief, what could go wrong"