Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Theses aren’t the only rockets and charges in the game and not all of them do self damage or knock you back like say the mop cluster rockets. Them having a different cool down also doesn’t magically make them different, to circle around to necromancers which I’m not in favor of it would be like saying summoning a skeleton every min instead of the dk 30 sec makes it a totally different ability.
    It's not just them having different cooldowns. It's them having different effects, and different purposes. For example, the Rocket Launcher item you linked to is attached to armor, and is a single target ability. Xplodium Charge is an AOE ability that isn't attached to armor, and has a far shorter cooldown. Saying those are the same is like saying that the DK's Raise Dead ability is the exact same as the Book of the Dead item.

You may view it being a Trinket as no big deal, but what happens when you need to make room for a BETTER Trinket? You lose the ability forever, and considering that the damage from the Trinket doesn't scale and has nonsensical drawbacks, you'll be dumping that trinket very quickly. Again, you simply can't compare an engineering item to an ability on ANY level.

As far as scrap goes taking parts from machines you destroy to make more of your own in the exact same thing. If they added tinkers but scrap did something other then lower cool downs would they suddenly not be tinkers?
    Again, we're talking about two entirely different concepts. Mining a defeated mech or golem is different than collecting scraps from mechs you built yourself. Getting a bunch of mostly useless items is different than getting an effect that enhances and restores your character immediately. One is for making items for sale. The other is to use while performing a class role.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It's not just them having different cooldowns. It's them having different effects, and different purposes. For example, the Rocket Launcher item you linked to is attached to armor, and is a single target ability. Xplodium Charge is an AOE ability that isn't attached to armor, and has a far shorter cooldown. Saying those are the same is like saying that the DK's Raise Dead ability is the exact same as the Book of the Dead item.

You may view it being a Trinket as no big deal, but what happens when you need to make room for a BETTER Trinket? You lose the ability forever, and considering that the damage from the Trinket doesn't scale and has nonsensical drawbacks, you'll be dumping that trinket very quickly. Again, you simply can't compare an engineering item to an ability on ANY level.

Again, we're talking about two entirely different concepts. Mining a defeated mech or golem is different than collecting scraps from mechs you built yourself. Getting a bunch of mostly useless items is different than getting an effect that enhances and restores your character immediately. One is for making items for sale. The other is to use while performing a class role.
    So if they added tinkers but used scrap differently or had there rocks not stun and just be a damage ability would you not count them as tinkers? I mean these are the same things just translates differently between and mmo and an rts/moba so would tinkers only count if they were 1 to 1 moba ability’s?

Quote Originally Posted by MrA View Post
    As the title says, why are we not getting a new class. The way expansions worked in the past has been quite consistant.

Vanilla - all original classes and races
    BC - New races
    Wrath - New class
    Cata - New races
    MoP - Both new class and race
    WoD - nothing due to MoP offering both
    Legion - New class
    End of Legion, Almost all of BFA - New races.

In keeping with tradition
    Fuck tradition.

10+ Year Old Account
    So if they added tinkers but used scrap differently or had there rocks not stun and just be a damage ability would you not count them as tinkers? I mean these are the same things just translates differently between and mmo and an rts/moba so would tinkers only count if they were 1 to 1 moba ability’s?
    They would still count as Tinkers. Every class that comes from WC3 has an approximation of of their abilities from WC3, especially the expansion classes. My point is that an engineering item that doesn't share the name, purpose, or characteristics of a Tinker ability is not the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    There's so much material for a Tinker class that they didn't actually put it into the next expansion.
    Because the class didn't fit the theme of the expansion. Blizzard said as much in their BlizzCon panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Deathknights are just one type of necromancer, just like priests are one type of Light worshiper.

A death knight in no way precludes the existence of a necromancer class. Both can co-exist and be different and separate from each other despite both dealing with necromancy.
    And i didn't say it does, so i'm not sure why you're even trying to argue.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean the way Death Knights control death on the living plane, and how they will control death in the Shadowlands as well?
    Ah so you do think Death knights are necromancers, and thus we dont need them.

Blackfuse is the catalyst behind an entire expansion. Gazlowe is the engineer behind the Horde capital, and has been a major force within the Horde for years and now leads the Goblins within the Horde. Mekkatorque is the leader of two Alliance races and had story points in BFA.

But yeah, they're as inconsequential as Darkmoon Faire characters.

Which is purely opinion based on zero facts.

They'd use intellect to construct advanced machines for protection, damage, support, and utility. Common sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Necromancer class already exists. It is the Death Knight class.
    ...so a druid skin. Because that's what you want. A druid. Just mechanical.

Because blizzard doesn't care about shadowlands. It isn't even about if the game actually needs a new class, because it mostly doesn't, but only the expansions that introduce new classes are the ones with any effort behind them. Wotlk, MoP, and Legion introduced new classes, and were the only good expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gelbin Mekkatorque, Helix Blackfuse, Malificent Manastorm, and Gazlowe aren't real characters?
    Your time would be better spent having a conversation with a cement block, trust me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Because blizzard doesn't care about shadowlands. It isn't even about if the game actually needs a new class, because it mostly doesn't, but only the expansions that introduce new classes are the ones with any effort behind them. Wotlk, MoP, and Legion introduced new classes, and were the only good expansions.
    Literally one of the dumbest takes I've ever seen about WoW. I'm impressed, for all the wrong reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    By that logic a paladin (at least, 2 of its specs anyway) is just a warrior with a 'light' skin.

7+ Year Old Account
    They would still count as Tinkers. Every class that comes from WC3 has an approximation of of their abilities from WC3, especially the expansion classes. My point is that an engineering item that doesn't share the name, purpose, or characteristics of a Tinker ability is not the same thing.

I’m not quite sure how you could say they don’t share characteristics. Salvaging is the same with the differences being between mmo and moba/rts not core characteristics same with rockets charges tinkering upgrades ect.

If any thing engineering is closer to the characteristics of being a tinker then any of
    The hero’s as it’s not limited in scope they same way they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keyboardshinobi View Post
    Ah so you do think Death knights are necromancers, and thus we dont need them.
    Pretty much. They do everything a scourge-based Necromancer would do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    I feel like if there's so much material they could've made it fit without any issues.

The Kyrians literally seem to be allied to a race of tinkers.

This is a poor excuse.
    Again, that's Blizzard's words, not mine. It appears that they want a class that fits an expansions theme as close as possible, thus Blizzard will only bring a Tinker class into WoW if they have an expansion based around science and technology. Given that they have done Hearthstone expansions based around that concept, it's definitely a future possibility.

- - - Updated - - -

If the class is mech-based, you could definitely borrow a few Druid mechanics for gameplay purposes. However, I'd hesitate to call it a Druid skin.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m not quite sure how you could say they don’t share characteristics. Salvaging is the same with the differences being between mmo and moba/rts not core characteristics same with rockets charges tinkering upgrades ect.
    What exactly is the shared characteristic? One is like mining where you gather materials from a dead enemy that you can either sell or use to make items. The other is a passive ability that restores your character. It's like saying that gathering herbs has similar characteristics to Healing Sphere or Soul Shard.

If any thing engineering is closer to the characteristics of being a tinker then any of
    The hero’s as it’s not limited in scope they same way they are.
    It would be if we didn't have Tinker characters or heroes to point to as archetypes for a class.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. we dont need classes
    2. shadowlands is the second throw away expansion in a row complete with z-e-r-o features

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    1. we dont need classes
    2. shadowlands is the second throw away expansion in a row complete with z-e-r-o features
    I would argue that we do need a technological class because we have a lot of technology in WoW and three technology-based races with no class to represent their racial themes.

7+ Year Old Account
    What exactly is the shared characteristic? One is like mining where you gather materials from a dead enemy that you can either sell or use to make items. The other is a passive ability that restores your character. It's like saying that gathering herbs has similar characteristics to Healing Sphere or Soul Shard.
    Taking parts from a dead machine (turrets/keeps in hots any robot mob in wow) using said parts to make your own things (turrets and such in hots any crafting recipe in wow) they are both the same thing with the key differences being hots doesn’t go though the effort of adding robot mobs to every map for you to get scrap from so the only sources are your own turrets/keeps and that hots doesn’t actually have mats/resources like wow so instead of you gather scrap and building it up for things it’s just a cool down reduction.

The only differences between the two is that one is used in an mmo and has all the factors that go with that and the other is made for an moba and thus is heavily limited.

If the class is mech-based, you could definitely borrow a few Druid mechanics for gameplay purposes. However, I'd hesitate to call it a Druid skin.
    It would almost be identical, if not entirely identical in what it effectively does, so what's the point with a new class instead of a skin? I think a skin like that would be cool, and the only viable way to shoehorn it into the game.

I guess people that say death knight is a necromancer also think that paladin is a priest. Yeah, right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    By that logic a paladin (at least, 2 of its specs anyway) is just a warrior with a 'light' skin.
    Warriors don't channel divine power like paladins. That's like comparing a mathematician to a priest.

The reason I say it'd be a druid skin is because a mech could just be a 'druid form'. Bear form? Summon a chunky mech for tanking. Feral? Different mech that does what cats do, etc. Spellcasting? Gizmos and shit.

Can't do those parallels between warrior and pala, but then again, tinker isn't set in stone, so ofc there's gonna be some leeway.

That said, doesn't help that I really dislike all this clamoring for tinkers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Taking parts from a dead machine (turrets/keeps in hots any robot mob in wow) using said parts to make your own things (turrets and such in hots any crafting recipe in wow) they are both the same thing with the key differences being hots doesn’t go though the effort of adding robot mobs to every map for you to get scrap from so the only sources are your own turrets/keeps and that hots doesn’t actually have mats/resources like wow so instead of you gather scrap and building it up for things it’s just a cool down reduction.
    Which is entirely irrelevant to the point; Salvager from HotS works perfectly fine within the structure of a WoW class because it enhances abilities, and is far different than gathering mats. So again, it isn't the same thing.

The only differences between the two is that one is used in an mmo and has all the factors that go with that and the other is made for an moba and thus is heavily limited.
    And that one gives random items while the other gives a power up. One is tied to professions, while the other is a passive ability. One requires a mining pick and knowledge of a profession, while the other is an innate class ability. One requires enemy mechs to be present while the other will be available at pretty much all times for the Tinker. etc.

There's also multiple abilities within WoW that have moba roots, so that's yet another irrelevant point that you're making. Again, HotS Salvager works perfectly fine within a class construct and is nothing like the profession gathering you're talking about. There's even similar passive abilities within current WoW classes like Soul Shard, and Gift of the Ox.

- - - Updated - - -

It would almost be identical, if not entirely identical in what it effectively does, so what's the point with a new class instead of a skin? I think a skin like that would be cool, and the only viable way to shoehorn it into the game.
    Except it wouldn't. For example, it being a mech instead of a transformed elf, tauren, etc. allows for a vast array of gameplay mechanics unavailable to a Druid. Self-destruct, Park, and weapon transformation immediately come to mind.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2020-01-21 at 11:26 PM.

Others have said it, but I'd just like to add, with the un-pruning set to occur, I feel like they're going to focus mainly on the classes that are already in the game.

Next expansion I would expect to see a new class, but that's just an educated guess (it really needs to be rdps..seriously not a SINGLE rdps class added since launch..WTF)

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would argue that we do need a technological class because we have a lot of technology in WoW and three technology-based races with no class to represent their racial themes.
    i would argue that two version of engineering have existed since Vanilla, covers technology