Poll: Were you disappointed with the cinematic?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Someone call @Wilfire. We solved the mystery of his title.

@Yarathir

Has anyone seen whether it's N'zoth who opens the way to the heart chamber or if it's us who do it? Because if it's he who does it, then that makes the above even better. Dude arranges a series of events that takes advantage of the mental retardation of everyone else, goes free, has nothing that can harm him except one thing he has in his domain. Being a moron, he makes that thing available, but even so, the guys who come to beat him still can't do it and go insane. So he goes the extra mile to further sabotage himself by taking them to the one place where they have the animu energy to power up and beat him instead of say, corrupting the PC and only opening the way to the heart five minutes later.
    At this point, this better be deliberate self-sabotage where he spins a loss into a victory.

But even then, this is all painfully anticlimactic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashiraya View Post
    For people pointing out the Saurfang cinematics, remember that the only reason we got so many is that they just reused a bunch of the models from the original BFA cinematic.

Making all new models of Magni, MOTHER, N'zoth etc for this one would take exponentially longer.

Doesn't excuse this horrible finale though. Really, they thought this would compare to the Argus cinematics?
    Sure, but even with reusing models a cinematic is a lot of man-hours involved, they have to animate the models, light them perfectly, lip sync, so on and so forth. They could easily have cut one or two of them to focus on a kickass in-engine cutscene instead.

Seems crazy to me that the death of Rastakhan is given far more dramatic weight than that of an Old God. Now admitedly C'thun and Yogg-saron also died without fanfare, but that was before Blizzard made end of raid/expansion cutscenes. And as you said, this ain't even shit compared to the Argus one.

Well, BFA's over and it was bad. Here's hoping Shadowlands is better, low a bar as that is. How exactly will we bridge there, anyway, given that there's no 8.3.5? Will we just wake up to the 9.0 cinematic and the Scourge invasion one day?

Well that was mediocre. Nowhere near the epic and meme "there must always be a lich king" finale.

7+ Year Old Account
    why the fuck azshara had the dagger in the first place if she was a prisoner, why the fuck n'zoth would left something who could harm him with her

dude

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Imagine being on a fansite for a game you hate. Lmao.
    Some of us still love the game and want better from it.

Lapping up every goddamn thing that they spill out on the floor is par the course for many people on most fansites and its always disappointing.

FFXIV relaunch has been out for 7 years now and their storytelling and pacing obliterates anything WoW puts out. The fact that Blizzard hasn't learned much from them is pretty sad IMO. I'll get a much more satisfying ending from Shadowbringers next year/

Legion was fantastic though, and I hope Salad Lands fares better.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Isn't there supposed to be an mythic only phase, maybe including a worthy cinematic or is this out of the question?

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Sure, but even with reusing models a cinematic is a lot of man-hours involved, they have to animate the models, light them perfectly, lip sync, so on and so forth. They could easily have cut one or two of them to focus on a kickass in-engine cutscene instead.

Seems crazy to me that the death of Rastakhan is given far more dramatic weight than that of an Old God. Now admitedly C'thun and Yogg-saron also died without fanfare, but that was before Blizzard made end of raid/expansion cutscenes. And as you said, this ain't even shit compared to the Argus one.

Well, BFA's over and it was bad. Here's hoping Shadowlands is better, low a bar as that is. How exactly will we bridge there, anyway, given that there's no 8.3.5? Will we just wake up to the 9.0 cinematic and the Scourge invasion one day?
    Also, C'Thun and Yogg-Saron weren't unleashed Old Gods.

Hell, Yogg-Saron at least conventionally required the Keepers' help to get rid of, more or less.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Retak View Post
    Isn't there supposed to be an mythic only phase, maybe including a worthy cinematic or is this out of the question?
    No cinematic, but maybe a mythic only phase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somehow even more disappointing than the Azshara cinematic. If this is the real ending of N'zoth and Ny'alotha I officially denounce the Warcraft writing team. This is hot garbage. The whole Heart of Azeroth plot has been so stupid. N'zoth being freed was no more detrimental to Azeroth than catching a cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiredmana View Post
    Simple: Titans are bad. Sargeras is sad. Old Gods are mad.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    First one seems to setup a boss upon assisting Wrathion and second one seems to be a small clip of a longer vid and unseen larger events tied to the besting of nzoth and conquering of Nyalotha.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Fixed version

Quote Originally Posted by Stiven View Post
    Fixed version

LOTR ending without the emotion, the interesting characters, the good soundtrack and only 28 seconds long. Can't expect that much from a small indie company.

need more sad orc who decided that a whining character is interesting

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile 99,9% of the people living on Azeroth wern't even aware there was a fuckin' Old God set free.

"N'Zoth who now?"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    saurfang whining was a better story than this clusterfuck

bfa would be better if we all gather to deal with saurfang and other old people problems

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Meanwhile 99,9% of the people living on Azeroth wern't even aware there was a fuckin' Old God set free.

"N'Zoth who now?"
    "Oh yeah, Sally the Baker was whispering some weird stuff about the 'Glory of the Old Ones', now that I think of it. I figured it was just the dementia acting up again.."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    Yes, more Sad Orc and Screamy Elf Lady. And also more of dragon man so that teenage girls can pretend he and human King boy are doing it because human King boy isn't a roidmachine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Except Illidan still became the savior of the universe by becoming Sargeras' jailer. So him ass-blasting Xe'ra didn't actually avert the Chosen One trope, it only lampshaded the shit out of it.
    Illidan always wanted to stop the Legion, so idk why this is pissing you guys off...

Blademaster
    3+ Year Old Account
    Looks like blizzard spend all their budget on Sad orc saurfang cinematics and some intern had to quickly do an in-game cinematic of 30 seconds for the expansion's end for the defeat of a fucking old god, Top kek.

Garithos could have prevented this. Why didn't you listen?

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    I was referring to the golden beam used to take out the villain. Not sure where you got me saying the player is evil from.
    Cause Kerrigan was evil before becoming the chosen one. Hence, why people didn't want Illidan nor Sylvanas to become "Kerrigan 2.0".

I can imagine how upset Terran Gregory and his team is. Fucking Activision ruins EVERYTHING. Terran, I am so sorry you had to direct this piece of shit. You and your talents deserved a much better canvas and toolset
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."