Poll: Were you disappointed with the cinematic?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I expected little and was still disappointed holy fuck

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    This HONESTLY feels like the ending to THAT MOVIE!!
    PUT THEM SIDE BY SIDE AND HONESTLY... HOLY SHIT...
    "I am ALL the Old Gods!"
    "And I am ALL of the children of Azeroth" *KAHMEMEMEHAAAAA*
    With how fucking terrible the story was this expansion it's actually a fitting end really. Like fanfic levels of writing.

KAMEEEEEEEHAAAAMEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

*ANIME INTENSIFIES*

I'm actually glad that i skipped this expansion as well as WoD. There was a whole lotta mess but one thing i can say is that WoD had a better ending patch zone than 8.3. The end cinematic was very underwhelming because at the very least, i expected to hear whats next for Wrathion after his father killer is gone and we also had the shadowlands trailer before this raid so we know where we are going next.

What are they gonna do with the blade stuck in Azeroth and when are they gonna deal with it? When Illidan and the other comes back?

Also Blizzard needs to stop building up good lore characters and then wasting them in expansions like this one. They dodge a bullet by not killing Azshara but unfortunately can't say the same for N'Zoth. Just like how WoD put pressure on Bliz to make legion a good exceptional expansion, they have to triple their efforts for shadowlands. And the way how im seeing things, i'm getting BfA vibes for shadowlands. Funny thing is people and i would buy the expansion and then not touch it for months at a time lol

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    They couldn't find a way to hamfist Wrathion's smug face in there so they had no motivation to make something cool out of the expansion finale.
    Compare this to the Legion end cinematic of Sargeras literally stabbing the planet.

LOL. Fucking awful.

Biggest MMO on the market. Literal billions of dollars. "Biggest WoW team ever".

Where are the defenders at?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    This would be much better if N'zoth made roblox death sound at the end.
    Someone better edit it in...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I mean Shadowlands literally starts with the player transcending the rules of life and death by being able to freely traverse the afterlife and return to the mortal plane.
    Wont be long before our hero becomes a giant hand controlling peoples lives like in Black & White... anyone remember that game? Just me? :P

I don't actually think this is the real ending. All the lead up dialogue and post-raid dialogue suggests this might not be as cut and clear as we think it is. Especially the dialogue if you have N'zoth's gift. An NPC pretty much says "If our master is dead, then why do you retain his gift?". This is all gonna be one of N'zoth's tricks and we've all fallen for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Woons, champion. Whatever happens, don't forget about the woons.
    "But ignore the big sword stuck in the planet. We don't talk about that."
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

I hope they will no longer use in-game cutscene, in 2020 it looks stupid, poor N'zoth become a member of the clown fiesta.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    From humble adventurer in Vanilla WoW
    Hero by the end of WotLK
    Commander by WoD
    Champion of Azeroth by BFA

Now to just plain godhood by the end of BfA. It's good to see progression, but its gonna be hard to follow godhood by the end of Shadowlands lool.
    You don't have godhood, are u even playing 8.3 ?.... Ur using Titan machines that can re-originate the planet Azeroth, ie super-weapons, bringing them online n focusing on N'zoth will kill him, if one doesn't use all reactors..

Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2020-01-21 at 11:31 PM.

Also, C'Thun and Yogg-Saron weren't unleashed Old Gods.

Hell, Yogg-Saron at least conventionally required the Keepers' help to get rid of, more or less.

- - - Updated - - -

No cinematic, but maybe a mythic only phase.
    Well, N'zoth does require a facefull of Forge of Origination to kill- the stuff that can literally erase all life on the planet. That's magnitudes more firepower than what we brought against the other Old Gods.

Still, if I had my way the blast would have failed to kill N'zoth, just weakened him a lot and dispelling all his illusions so he could finish be finished off. That would have been a lot better than the awful in-engine cutscene we got that wasn't even pre-rendered in order to show our character being a conduit for a Kamehameha.

Quote Originally Posted by kelthir View Post
    I don't actually think this is the real ending. All the lead up dialogue and post-raid dialogue suggests this might not be as cut and clear as we think it is. Especially the dialogue if you have N'zoth's gift. An NPC pretty much says "If our master is dead, then why do you retain his gift?". This is all gonna be one of N'zoth's tricks and we've all fallen for it.
    Would anyone be hyped by Nzoth coming back though? Can't see him doing much of relevance past being some minor raid boss in Void Lord #3's raid or something along those lines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    You don't have godhood, are u even playing 8.3 ?.... Ur using Titan machines that can re-originate the planet Azeroth, ie super-weapons, bringing them online n focusing on N'zoth will kill him, if one doesn't use all reactors..

Yes I am playing 8.3, struggling but I am playing it.

But it doesn't matter how we do it, we still did it. We still took down an old god, we'll be the ones hailed. "Well done champion", Sure Magni isnt gonna take any credit. From her eon in it will be "The champion who slayed an old god". We have transcended :P

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    Where are all the defenders at? I'd love to hear their justification for this one.

Compare this to Legion end cinematic LOL
    I can watch it and still have time left over to roll on loot.

What a fucking sad way to END an already underwhelming expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    (Doesn't help that he defeated Tichondrius, and betrayed the Legion a couple times during WC3, as well)
    One time because Tyrande freed him and he wanted to prove himself. Then after that Malfurion and Tyrande banished him he immedialty went back to his old ways and sided with the Legion. It's only because he failed to destroy the Scourge that he went to hide in Outland.
    Anyway, he's always driven by his lust over power or his love for Tyrande most of the time. Not by a "greater good goal" of destroying the Legion.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Yes I am playing 8.3, struggling but I am playing it.

But it doesn't matter how we do it, we still did it. We still took down an old god, we'll be the ones hailed. "Well done champion", Sure Magni isnt gonna take any credit. From her eon in it will be "The champion who slayed an old god". We have transcended :P
    These titan structures have been around for years n years, it's not something new, we have never had a reason to dare bring them online before...one doesn't want to trigger a global suicide-bomb by mistake...

What a disappointing cinematic. I knew BfA was a crater full of faeces, but this ending was just sad. Only a little added on top of what was leaked a while back.

I'm not entirely sure I want to resub for Shadowlands now. If I could refund my pre-order, I would.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas was wise enough to see this shit coming and unsubbed.

Hilarious doesn't begin to describe it, there wasn't even dialog lol.

Flying hamster for 6 months subscription to keep the game "alive". Then the 9th ending "cinematic" for the biggest mmo ever comes involving an old GOD.
    Strangely it all comes together now.
    I am playing the game for the story but lately Blizzard just like to bitch slap everybody.
    You have no excuse to treat the ending of an expansion with an in game cutscene. Even Azshara had a longer ending cinematic. Dont give me the we focus on the next expansion routine as this is what you always say.Everytime the last raid of an expansion comes you abandon it and focus on the next expansion.
    It is rude to the playerbase.