Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    The joys of trying to play a game on launch day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The joys of trying to play a game on launch day.
    So much for stress test tho. I guess they didnt add more servers.

Even if you play...im watching streams...and everyone is on a loading screen :S
    I mean, the loading screens are insane right now.
    Start the game....loading
    Leave house....loading
    Enter house....loading

Adding servers in the spur of the moment isn't always a good long term solution.

A game usually has the most concurrent players during release, and its population declines over time. Sure, they can add servers to handle more players right now, but after the initial wave of high concurrency ends, the devs are left with expensive assets they aren't using.

There is no handling the load of a new popular online game. Proven by every single one of them having issues at launch.
    You knew what you were getting into.

Look on the bright side, it means the game is popular and might have some staying power.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

That's not the point of a stress test. It's to test maximum load to try to catch issues before things go live.

This is good. If servers are up and largely stable, just with a long login queue and potentially longer loading times due to server load, that's the best case scenario. It's not affordable or even smart to just throw servers at the problem, and if they can maintain their current servers under the load that's in their, and the games, best interests.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/PlayTemtem/statu...89514207260672

Zadar is a small village, it's not ready to receive 20k new tamers. Aina can't cope greeting you all!

Hotfix coming soon!

I mean.. can Dark Souls sue Bloodbourne, Nioh, Sekiro, etc? At what point is it copying and at what point is it a genre?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I mean.. can Dark Souls sue Bloodbourne, Nioh, Sekiro, etc? At what point is it copying and at what point is it a genre?
    It's funny you say that, because FromSoftWare owns Dark Souls, Bloodborne, and Sekiro.

I would consider using the same assets to be straight up copying.

Remember that Chinese Overwatch clone? I'd consider that to be copying. It is literally Overwatch but with just slightly altered character designs. They have the exact same abilities.

Paladins and Battleborn certainly borrow ideas from Overwatch, but they are pretty original.

Does Square Enix own the JRPG genre because they own Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy, which are the base that all JRPGs derive from? No, because the DQ/FF JRPG is a framework with which to build ideas on top of.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2020-01-21 at 06:49 PM.

Can Fromsoft sue itself?

A better comparison would be if FromSoft can sue Deck 13 Interactive for The Surge.

Of course Nintendo/GameFreak can't sue Crema. They don't own the turn-based battling system.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is just as stupid as saying that BF will sue COD because they are both make a same era fps game

It exploded hard on Twitch with some top streamers giving it a try. Not saying Twitch is solely responsible for launch-day activity but I warrant it has an unpredictable effect. Those que numbers remind me of week 1 Classic, not as severe but hopefully my point is made. It sucks because it spiked and droped just as fast due to the que and lag issues.

I'll wait a bit before buying as the game so far looks solid from what I've seen. I was wondering if anyone here has tried the game with KB+M vs controller.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can see Temtem being a major threat to Pokémon's popularity. I haven't played much of it due to server issues that have been well documented in the thread but it looks like they've refined and improved on the formula that Game Freak have been leaving to get stale for so many years.

Also, it's a Pokémon style MMORPG. They beat Nintendo to the punch many years after people first thought "You know what would be great? A Pokémon MMORPG!" Even Blizzard were many years ahead of Nintendo and were the first to effectively create a monster catching MMO experience. And I wouldn't even call the Pet Battle system in WoW a worthy Pokémon clone!

If this is how overloaded Temtem is getting on its first day of Early Access, imagine what absolute mayhem the console launches will bring.

Game Freak and Nintendo must surely be shitting bricks right now.
    Last edited by Clbull; 2020-01-21 at 09:45 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Let's just wait and see, because this was also a thing:

... and it didn't end very well, I really do hope that TemTem doesn't follow it up on that.

Also, c'mon... neither Nintendo nor Game Freak probably gives much of a shit about it, they will be forever printing money in any Pokemon related shit, even if it's just more of the same over and over.
    That game looks like the shittiest Unity asset flip I've ever seen. The graphical style is ugly for something that came out of 2015 and it looks like a PS2 game with upscaled textures. The UI is grotesque, cluttered and just screams "mobile game" from how the buttons are laid out. Oh, and the pets you can collect and battle with look like generic uninspired MMORPG mobs. Like the kind you'd see in a shitty WoW clone.

Compare this to Temtem which has actual polish behind it, doesn't look like an amalgamation of random assets purchased from the Unity Store, is heavily iterative of Pokémon's mechanics and has a roster of creatures which genuinely could pass as Pokémon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    I don't entirely disagree with that, but it's not really an Unity asset flip, Undead Labs are a small indie team who made State of Decay 1 & 2.

For whatever reason they decided to try to make this MMO game after State of Decay 1... and... well... probably not the best decision ever...

Do really hope TemTem does much better than that, as you said, it does feel much better than Moonrise.
    It looks to me like a mobile game for some reason. And for some reason just screams, keep away from it.
    It just doesnt fell right compared to Temtem.

Anyway....game seems to work and then you get dced. Managed to get the main temtem to lvl 9 at least.

I guess its good enogh for 1.st day and hopefully servers are more stable tommorow.

This is going to sound really weird coming from someone who plays pokemon but... it looks a bit too cutesy. Hope it succeeds but, at the very least, not my kind of art style.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    This is going to sound really weird coming from someone who plays pokemon but... it looks a bit too cutesy. Hope it succeeds but, at the very least, not my kind of art style.
    Hey at least the trees are not ugly as hell and old looking. Like recent pokemon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would only be interested if this offers solo, offline play as well. So far Sega has been one of the only successful companies to create a game(s) that can be both single-player, couch-coop and online and call itself a MMO.