Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    you seem to have started playing wow a 1-3 ago so i understand your plight, keep going it will become easier.
    if you're not a new player then you must barely play the game so that's understandable as well.
    I'll try to provide a bandaid for you...download the addon called HandyNotes: Visions of N'Zoth
    Invasions: go to circles, those are zone events that reset daily...and give way more % during invasions, if you do these while doing your daily quests as well it's more than enough to complete the invasion. you have weekly chest location in it...simple chests, elites etc. took me 20min today to finish uldum full, another 20 for vale full.

Few quests are actually tedious, it's mostly us not being used to them.
    My only issue with this patch is the rate of reputation gain, it will take alot more than usual to get max reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    For reals. Can someone explain what's the difference between M+-es and visions?
    - Both are instanced
    - Visions have gimmicks (masks, sanity etc), m+-es have gimmicks (affixes and season variables)
    - Yes, visions can be played alone, or scale from 1-5, many people who don't want to fail do them in 4-5 ppl groups, because it's easier. (M+-es of course don't scale.)
    - Both are "progressive", but while mythic pluses are "level up and run again" type, visions are "checkpoint" types.
    - We already have people "min-maxing", "pushing it", and "WTS visions all bosses plus masks" is on the table as well. Just like m+.

To me it seems visions are simply glorified and tweaked (scaling) mythic plus 2.0s. And this is what's the new best thing since sliced bread in wow...
    To me they're a mix of Mythic+ and Islands. It's just glorified mob grinding with a few bosses. You can add mechanics or affixs in if you want.

This is the kind of content they want to make moving forward because it takes minimal dev time and it lasts ALL EXPANSION LONG.

Seriously - think about the Tower in Shadowlands. It's a single tower. Which means minimal assets. It lasts all expansion long with minor tweaking. It's lazy genius.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    To me they're a mix of Mythic+ and Islands. It's just glorified mob grinding with a few bosses. You can add mechanics or affixs in if you want.

This is the kind of content they want to make moving forward because it takes minimal dev time and it lasts ALL EXPANSION LONG.

Seriously - think about the Tower in Shadowlands. It's a single tower. Which means minimal assets. It lasts all expansion long with minor tweaking. It's lazy genius.
    what the fuck else do you expect to do in an mmo, out of curiosity? lmao

Quote Originally Posted by 123youshowme View Post
    what the fuck else do you expect to do in an mmo, out of curiosity? lmao
    Engage with the world? Is the OPEN WORLD not part of an MMO? And please don't even mention 8.3's "outdoor content". It hurts.
    Everything is getting instanced, and hence: reusable/recycable, - I'm sorry replayable - till nosebleed. Islands, warfronts, now visions (soon Thorgast). And then of course dungeons on 3 difficulty + M+-es, raids on 4 difficulty, battlegrounds and arenas (not that I'd like warmode, but without a world, what's warmode?)
    Last edited by Lei; 2020-01-21 at 11:04 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    It is a slightly better version of 4.3, but it feels less disappointing since I don't expect anything good at this point in time. There is no final patch of any WoW expansion that was the high point of it's expansion.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'll give you, the raid better be amazing to make up for all this rehashing of old content, rogue-lite entry-limited vision scenarios and lack of ease of access to the old pandaria shrine hubs. Everyone already feel like they've had it with the dailies, blatant artificial time-gating and stretching imposed everywhere while respawns and droprates continue to remain hidden in the interests of the house, Actiblizz.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2020-01-21 at 11:20 PM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Engage with the world? Is the OPEN WORLD not part of an MMO? And please don't even mention 8.3's "outdoor content". It hurts.
    Everything is getting instanced, and hence: reusable/recycable, - I'm sorry replayable - till nosebleed. Islands, warfronts, now visions (soon Thorgast). And then of course dungeons on 3 difficulty + M+-es, raids on 4 difficulty, battlegrounds and arenas (not that I'd like warmode, but without a world, what's warmode?)
    WoW is the "best mmo on the market" with the worst worst world content on the market.

The game is an instance simulator now and they're only doubling down on it.

Repeatable low effort content is the name of the game. Islands were the test.

The Tower will be a mix of Islands and Visions.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    I guess that's the problem then. Don't cherry pick.
    Let me rephrase: The rest of your post is irrelevant, so I responded to the only thing that mattered.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Using "this is a 15 year old game" as and excuse for some failing is bad. Using it as context is not.
    You said people don't care because the game is 15 years old. That is using it as an excuse.

so you want scaling world content then? hmm people hated that

or a patch with an outdoor rep to find? mmm people hated that too

lmao

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    WoW is the "best mmo on the market" with the worst worst world content on the market.

The game is an instance simulator now and they're only doubling down on it.

Repeatable low effort content is the name of the game. Islands were the test.

The Tower will be a mix of Islands and Visions.
    wow was always an instanced game, dumbass.
    that was pretty much its defining characteristic at launch

lmao

- - - Updated - - -

wow was always an instanced game, dumbass.
    that was pretty much its defining characteristic at launch
    Hardly. One of classic wows defining charactistics was a seemless world with no loading screens. So you're wrong "dumbass".

Sorry you're so fragile you can't handle people criticising the game you play, but maybe tone it down on the insults eh?

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Hard to believe you've been playing since 2008 and couldn't figure out the scenario in less than 5 mins. Otherwise, I agree. Much like the rest of Bfa this patch is very underwhelming. It's almost as if WOW is shifting into maint mode.

lmao
    I don't want scaling anything other than low level leveling content up to the newest expac (so come Shadowlands, up and with BfA).
    "people hated that". People hated 5.2? 5.3? People hated BC outdoor content? Wrath?
    SOME people maybe "hated it", but now people who loved true outdoor content have NOTHING while "instance4lyfe" people got everything.
    Also not to forget that people who didn't like, say Wrath's mandatory outdoor content (Sons of Hodir shoulder enchant for example) are now doing 2-3x times MORE of boring, stupid outdoor grind (AP farm in the form of WQs).
    Last edited by Lei; 2020-01-22 at 01:11 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    Let me rephrase: The rest of your post is irrelevant, so I responded to the only thing that mattered.
    Irrelevant to what exactly? If you're replying to something I said, then relevance to a random point you feel you want to make is not my concern. Your post is the one with the relevance problem.

I mean you pretty much ignored what I was talking about and then manufactured something that I didn't even say against which to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    You said people don't care because the game is 15 years old. That is using it as an excuse.
    Excuse: noun: "a reason or explanation given to justify a fault or offence"

The fact that people don't give a shit about other people's gear anymore is an example of the way the game has changed for the better. Therefore the reasons for which this is the case are, by definition, not excuses.

If we were talking about how the game has changed for the worse, then sure, saying "well it is a 15 year old game" would indeed be a weak excuse.
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2020-01-22 at 06:55 AM.

The scenarios: Coming from someone who got stuck and resorted to a guide every 5 minutes in Wolfenstein: New Order, you might just be a derp. They weren't complicated.

kill quests: Fair, I do think they take too long, but allegedly they upped the reward for them this week at least.

collect 6 something: that's just for opening fancy chests. Are you saying that's also a mandatory quest some days? If so, lesson learned, I'll hold onto the 6 pieces I got from last week.

traveling to the zones: Well Uldum has a portal, and I'm thinking just putting my hearthstone in Pandaria for the other one, that's always an option. Remember your guild cloaks. Yes it's tedious, but it's hardly a "disaster."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.