Poll: Were you disappointed with the cinematic?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Because Shadowlands is actually the expansion where she SHOULD be front and center, but properly this time as a villain. Anyone expecting her as anything but a raid boss before Jailer is in for a nasty shock.
    Oh, I fully expect it, though I'd be surprised if she actually dies. Blizzard seems so enamored with her, I fully expect them to replace The Jailer with her. We leave her in Shadowlands to rule, and come back to Azeroth.

"There must always be... a Jailer." - Sylvanas after helping us kill The Jailer.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Not sure why are so many of you qq-ing about the cinematic.. That final ki-blast that ended N'zoth is one of the best pieces of cinematic art I've ever seen. Quite breathtaking. You really have to give Blizzard credit for conjuring such an epic and nail-biting finale.
    please tell me this is a troll. tell me you aren't that big of a white knight

Defend this shit.
    I fucking dare you to defend this shit.
    White knights, shills! DEFEND THIS SHIT. DONT BE QUIET!. 20 PAGES in!

DEFEND! say something

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Oh, I fully expect it, though I'd be surprised if she actually dies. Blizzard seems so enamored with her, I fully expect them to replace The Jailer with her. We leave her in Shadowlands to rule, and come back to Azeroth.

"There must always be... a Jailer." - Sylvanas after helping us kill The Jailer.
    I don't know about that. I think they may ACTUALLY have Bolvar say it to her as a taunt, but the Jailer position is not a good thing or an actual point of power: though people may fully well see it as better for her to be locked up on bald mountain than her being "disintegrated" or whatever true true Death is in Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I agree, been saying that from the start of BfA. "This expansion is stinking of a badly executed South Seas/Old God expansion." That faction war was a burden on the story. I wish I could say I'm happy it's over, but Shadowlands is putting Sylvanas front an center, again.
    Pretty much.

BfA wore a bunch of skins and none of them well. In the end, they just sit, relinquished in a corner and torn up. Except the Sylvanas one, because of course selling undead waifu never gets less lucrative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    Defend this shit.

DEFEND! say something
    Actually this cinematic has a high artistic value. Minimalism is all the rage now, but i don't expect peasants who play wow to be capable to appreciate it. To be fair, you need to have very high IQ and very refined taste to understand that. /s

And i just realised that blizzard just made their version of infamous "congratulations" ending of evangelion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    Defend this shit.

DEFEND! say something
    I don't think anybody is defending it.

Not until tomorrow when most of the detractors calm down and they feel comfortable to post their contrarian claptrap again.

He is going to be trapped in the blade as I predicted way early in the expansion. Kind of a no brainer really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I thought the Wrathion interstitial cut-scene was pretty cool, but the ending cut-scenes are a pretty underwhelming coda to BfA. The only silver lining I can eke out of this is the hope that the unused resources are put to good use in Shadowlands as BfA probably takes the "worst expansion to date" trophy from WoD in my personal estimation.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    There doesn't have to be a big twist.

It just should've been more than 40 seconds of "We like Dragonball and recently watched LotR".
    For crying out loud, it's an energy beam. It's in lots of things. It shows lots and lots of destructive power. Blizzard does it all the time. I don't get why suddenly now everybody is like "Hur dur Dragonball Z". It was always gonna be a big beam of power or Xal'ateth that "killed" him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I didn't disagree that we killed them, I just don't think that means much to them. Aman'thul tore Y'Shaarj out of the earth and crushed him, but Y'Shaarj was still around in MoP, that's not really a debatable fact. Saying "they're dead and that's it" when they're still effecting things directly several millennia later is a bit weird.
    They said that their remains linger and can influence people but they won´t come back, that´s what i meant.

We killed them and will never see them again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    They said that their remains linger and can influence people but they won´t come back, that´s what i meant.

We killed them and will never see them again.
    If they can influence them, then they're still extant. Perhaps they don't come back (as in they won't reappear as raid bosses or major story elements), but that's neither here nor there - the point is they still exist, and still effect things. That's not what dead things typically do.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    If they can influence them, then they're still extant. Perhaps they don't come back (as in they won't reappear as raid bosses or major story elements), but that's neither here nor there - the point is they still exist, and still effect things. That's not what dead things typically do.
    Wasn´t it stated that they are dead but can still be present with what we said as they have some sort of other perception of death or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    He is going to be trapped in the blade as I predicted way early in the expansion. Kind of a no brainer really.
    No-brainer for Blizzard standards, yup.

- - - Updated - - -

Wasn´t it stated that they are dead but can still be present with what we said as they have some sort of other perception of death or something like that?
    Used to be they were described as being beyond the cycle.

But now they apparently fear death, heavily, so whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Not sure, really. I would imagine that they return to the Void on death, since that's where they were spawned from - and the Void is at least partially accessible from the physical Warcraft universe to some degree.

The only good part about this is that we wont see Nzoth or his stupid faceless old god forces again.

That makes me really happy and excited.

I would rather have a Heroes of the storm Expansion than another 4th Old god/void Expansion atm

Expected this. They are quite good at ignoring and wasting their own lore these days, and Shadowlands might be not an exception. May Sylvanus bless next expansion's story arc!

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Again, it's not "Kerrigan 2.0" if the Player was never evil to begin with.
    But several of the Player classes ARE inherently evil.

DKs, Warlocks, and Shadow Priests are ALL completely and unalterably evil. Rogues could arguably be added to that, as they do murder-for-hire and other things considered to be unquestionably evil.

Thats one of the things about the Warcraft universe; not all of the protagonists are good guys.

Doesn't mean they aren't heroes.

Hero != Good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    DKs, Warlocks, and Shadow Priests are ALL completely and unalterably evil.
    Umm...that's not even slightly true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiredmana View Post
    Simple: Titans are bad. Sargeras is sad. Old Gods are mad.

Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    TBC is the logical sequel of warcraft 3 where the Legion is about to come for him because he failed to destroy the Scourge. Of course he had to prepare the fight against the Legion. It didn't imply at all that he always wanted to defeat the Legion.
    In Warcraft 3 his big wish is to serve the Legion again (the first time happened during wota, but wota retconned it).
    Actually, even in the WotA events shown in-game and in in WoW...

he always intended to betray the Legion, from day 1.

He was simply using them to gain power, and then intended to betray them. Not necessarily to "save Azeroth" - but just because he didn't share their vision and didn't give a fuck about doing what they wanted.

Rather like Player Warlocks use Demons/Demonic/Fel power to gain power, but are usually 100% opposed to the Legion itself. Its about using the enemies power against him.

The only thing that was.. retcon like about Illidan (at all) was the sudden "i was doing it for Azeroth all along" as opposed to "i was doing it for myself/to impress my crush". And thats not really a retcon... just an add-con. He was doing it for himself, to impress his crush, AND for Azeroth. Doing it for Azeroth doesn't invalidate also doing it for self-empowerment/aggrandizement and to impress his crush.