Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I love all the ppl questioning you abt why youd "need" to. The same types of ppl that would be upset if you asked them why they "need" to play a meme spec shaman tank or something lol.

For current content, mostly just warrs, depending on skill level rogues can also be substituted, they have much higher base damage than warrs. Don't need more than 1 or 2 people actually tanking, but they will mostly be in a dps capacity regardless, all warriors can tank on the fly with gear swaps.

Don't mind the jokers saying that 8 healers is maximum, in bwl having 9 or 10 healers will help you speedrun more than 2 warriors in general, until you have the gear to make it more forgiving.

Having a few number of other classes for utility will help you out, like curse of recklessness, boomkins are alright, if you are heavy on casters (like 4+ casters).

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Wtf are you all doing, taking so many healers with you?

I'm my guild's main healer, as a discipline priest. I can usually single heal most MC bosses on the MT. Then we have a maximum of 5 more healers for the rest of the raid.

So 6 healers is the most we're taking with us.

What do you need 8 to 12 heales for?!
    We are talking about content after MC though. MC is clearable when half of the people is not even 60.

As many fury warriors as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I love all the ppl questioning you abt why youd "need" to. The same types of ppl that would be upset if you asked them why they "need" to play a meme spec shaman tank or something lol.
    Sigh... No one needs to play a meme spec. But if you exclude them you will have recruiting issues and retention issues as a lot of classic players got fed up with the mostly retail tryhard raids that setup stuff as if they were a top 50 guild pushing content when they were really a 5000 guild.

At least now, in MC and Ony, you're better bringing a balance druid than no one in that slot. Sure you'd be better with a mage in that slot but there are only so many mages. Now... would I talk to that player who started leveling a druid about what they wanted to do and, if they answered "ranged DPS" explain the issues? Sure. But at this phase at least, it's just not going to be a problem.

Look, most people who piss and moan about how easy classic is cannot then come back and say "but you need these comps OR ELSE!!!". It's one or the other. Either the raids are really easy... or they require very specific classes.

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    We are talking about content after MC though. MC is clearable when half of the people is not even 60.
    Fair enough. Bwl won't be done with us 6. We have 3 more people with healer alts ready to go.

3 disc
    3 druids
    3 shamans

I think balance is the key.

At least 5 groups with 4 rogues/warriors and 1 heal shaman looks promising. Otherwise bwl takes longer than 45 minutes...

Fair enough. Bwl won't be done with us 6. We have 3 more people with healer alts ready to go.

3 disc
    3 druids
    3 shamans

I think balance is the key.
    Yup, you need a good balance not only to solve the mechanics but the utility they posses.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Sigh... No one needs to play a meme spec. But if you exclude them you will have recruiting issues and retention issues as a lot of classic players got fed up with the mostly retail tryhard raids that setup stuff as if they were a top 50 guild pushing content when they were really a 5000 guild.

At least now, in MC and Ony, you're better bringing a balance druid than no one in that slot. Sure you'd be better with a mage in that slot but there are only so many mages. Now... would I talk to that player who started leveling a druid about what they wanted to do and, if they answered "ranged DPS" explain the issues? Sure. But at this phase at least, it's just not going to be a problem.

Look, most people who piss and moan about how easy classic is cannot then come back and say "but you need these comps OR ELSE!!!". It's one or the other. Either the raids are really easy... or they require very specific classes.
    I'm just of the opinion that we should let ppl play what they want and with likeminded ppl. If they wanna form an ultra tryhard group, let them. If they wanna play a "meme" spec, they can do that too. But we dont get to tell them who to play with. Just think it's funny that some of the ppl who play the less popular specs and encourage ppl to be more open minded, are the same ppl here that are trying to tell others they shouldnt play how they want because it's not "needed"

15+ Year Old Account
    I’m waiting for the OP to start kicking people out of raid because they’re 2 items away from T1 BIS.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

All druids all the spots !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MHMabrito View Post
    For a meta comp it 100% does matter what dps you bring. A 1k dps fury warrior is more valuable than 3x 400dps Warlocks due to ramp up time.
    Yes, but good luck holding on to 12 fury warriors all competing for the same rare items.

There is definitely a morale argument to keeping memes specs around.

Quote Originally Posted by Caperfin View Post
    Yup, you need a good balance not only to solve the mechanics but the utility they posses.
    This way every healer should be able to benfit from mana tide and our discs will have fixed innervates.

We're a group of people where half the raid never did the vanilla bosses. It's going to be a slight challenge for our drunken evening gamer dads. Unlike MC we will have to come with a certain balanced composition.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    the other day we brought 3 boomkins we always have a feral tank and we carried a warrior who was some rando there to buy gear and a priest who was a rando to buy eye of divinity. we can carry around 5-7 people with pretty much any comp and still clear ony and mc in just over 2 hours and thats killing almost all of the trash because people still need bracers and shit. *ideal* raid comp is for no lifes and people who only pretend to raid

And for the record i can say 100% you could clear anything up to nax with 40 druids that know what theyre doing
    Last edited by ZazuuPriest; 2020-01-22 at 04:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizak View Post
    I'm interested in what people consider to be the most effective raid composition. I understand that the exact numbers are going to be different for each raid group, but what should guilds be aiming for?

My guilds typical raid comp is 5-6 Mages, 3-4 Warlocks, 9-11 healers (6 Priests, 4 Paladins, 1 Druid), 6 Rogues, 2-3 Hunters, 6 Warriors (3 Tanks, 3 DPS), 1 Ret Paladin, 1 Moonkin, 1 Cat, 1 Shadow Priest. We have had MC and Ony on farm for the past 2 and a half months usually clearing in about 90 minutes or so.

With BWL coming up the decision has been made that we need to have 6 Hunters, 9 Mages, 5 Warlocks, 4 Tanks (leaving only 2 Fury Warriors), and either 1 more Cat or Resto Druid in addition to our usual composition. This does not seem ideal to me.

After some research it seems to me that we should be relying on Fury Warriors and Frost Mages for DPS, limiting our healers to 8 maybe 9, drastically reducing our Hunters, and removing any so called "meme specs" even though I hate that term.

Any on thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.
    im guessing most have responded similar, however the best comp is the one that lets you play with the people you enjoy playing with, on the characters they enjoy playing, that allows you to complete the raid in an acceptable timeframe each week.

Honestly, its cliche as fuck, but let everyone play what they want (within designated roles, and obviously appropriate (no warlocks saying they are healers)), and you will have the most success with a consistent roster of players who are enjoying themselves. Unless you are aiming for world top 3, does it REALLY matter if you come 34th on day one, or 77th on day one? just play what everyone enjoys and have fun, its WoW: Classic - not - WoW: Challenging in any way.

MC is eazier than 5 man dungeons only challenge is how the tanks pull the trash
    For speed clears 20 melee fury and rogues few ferals for support inervates and buff ,locks at least 2 for coe and cor 1-2 hunters rest mages and healers
    But nearly any mixture of raid setup can clear mc and bwl it all ends up to individual player
    Last edited by pit; 2020-01-22 at 08:11 AM.

This way every healer should be able to benfit from mana tide and our discs will have fixed innervates.

We're a group of people where half the raid never did the vanilla bosses. It's going to be a slight challenge for our drunken evening gamer dads. Unlike MC we will have to come with a certain balanced composition.
    lol drunken evening gamer dads, amen brother.

You need 35 fury warriors (2 of them tanks) and 5 healers.

Joking obviously, even though my last guild basically kicked / benched any non fury as soon as they kept recruiting more furys. Min maxing ruined it for me (feral druid).

drop at least 2 hunters, 1 warlock, 1 tank (make him go fury). Replace with all fury wars

U have a real raid

Maybe drop a couple mages for more fury wars lol

Meme specs are good for taking unwanted loot.

The raids aren't exactly hard and maybe it's just me but as a mage/warlock I wouldn't wanna compete against half the raid when my stuff drops.. I'd probably try to find a new guild if they'd start stacking too much.