Poll: Were you disappointed with the cinematic?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    It is the complete and utter lack of character, depth, and feeling to this "story" that really hurts.
    You're wielding the conduit to the power of an entire planet, the things you find lacking are delivered through magni if you'd let him grow on you.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by FellishBeast View Post
    Umm...that's not even slightly true.
    ... thats completely true.

DKs say straight up that they are totally damned and evil. Even your own Deathlord (the PC) aknowledges this. "We do what the living cannot" and all that jazz. They raise people against their will (they are NOT like the Forsaken, who ostensibly will put someone back to rest if they dont want to "live" as a Forsaken, at least until recently), murder indiscriminately, sacrifice innocents, and murder allies.

Warlocks MURDER SENTIENT BEINGS AND TRADE THEIR SOULS TO DEMONS. They perform unspeakably evil rituals to gain personal power. They murder innocents, sacrifice innocents, etc.

Shadow Priests are in league with a force of total Evil and madness; they consume and destroy souls and minds. They perform rituals to the Void to summon void creatures which often involve ritual sacrifice; they murder indiscriminately in pursuit of their goals.

Your head-canon doesn't change the fact that all three of those types of characters are completely evil by any objective standard AND the non-objective standard of how the Warcraft universe is built as shown in Chronicles.

You just cant seem to wrap your head around how "evil" doesn't equal "the villain" and how "hero" doesnt equal "good guy".

They can be protagonists and heroes, and still be (morally) evil.
    Last edited by Kagthul; 2020-01-22 at 03:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    It will be revealed that both N'zoth and Sylvanas are working for Rafaam.
    and we all know who Rafaam truely serves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I don't think anybody is defending it.

Not until tomorrow when most of the detractors calm down and they feel comfortable to post their contrarian claptrap again.
    It's literally so bad that even the usuals can't defend it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    ... thats completely true.

DKs say straight up that they are totally damned and evil. Even your own Deathlord (the PC) aknowledges this.

Warlocks MURDER SENTIENT BEINGS AND TRADE THEIR SOULS TO DEMONS.

Shadow Priests are in league with a force of total Evil and madness; they consume and destroy souls and minds.

Your head-canon doesn't change the fact that all three of those types of characters are completely evil.

You just cant seem to wrap your head around how "evil" doesn't equal "the villain" and how "hero" doesnt equal "good guy".
    Void != evil
    Fel != evil
    Undeath != evil

I think you're the one with head-canon. Each class has an order hall campaign that involves working together for the good of the world. Even IF some of their methods can be considered "evil" there is no way you can label them as "completely" and "unalterably" evil. Demons turn good. The Knights of the Ebon Blade were totally good guys.

Like, are you for real?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiredmana View Post
    Simple: Titans are bad. Sargeras is sad. Old Gods are mad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    We'll go into Shadowlands straight into the part of Sylvanas being redeemed and killing Jailer or whoever is the true enemy to her Kylo Ren plot.
    Do you think they'll make a sick cinematic of her dodging tentacles while she does it?
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    She says that the whispers have not decreased like one would expect after an Old God's defeat, but have actually worsened, and new voices have joined the chorus. Which means that the Old Gods are probably not going to remain dead for long, and that N'Zoth's defeat somehow benefits both him and the Void Lords. This actually aligns with Xal'athath's whisper from Legion, in which she said that even defeat always ended up working in N'Zoth's favour.

Either way, this isn't the last we've seen of the Void or the Old Gods.
    That has NOTHING to do with what Xal said. She implied that him getting his ass kicked twice was the only reason he was still around.

It is most likely the last we've seen of the old gods we know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well at least it's done now.

How's the line go? Oh yea

AZEROTH IS FREEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Wait why the hell is Azeroth just healed now that hes dead? What about the massive skyscraper sword stabbing the planet -.-

Also, maybe a future xpac has a new old god collide with Azeroth and it was sent by the void lords. Other than that not sure how they can come back. Also pretty unclear as to the status of Cthun and Yoggy..like are they fully dead?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darillyn View Post
    Wait why the hell is Azeroth just healed now that hes dead? What about the massive skyscraper sword stabbing the planet -.-

Also, maybe a future xpac has a new old god collide with Azeroth and it was sent by the void lords. Other than that not sure how they can come back. Also pretty unclear as to the status of Cthun and Yoggy..like are they fully dead?
    They weren't supposed to be. There were many hints that they cannot die the usual ways without massively harming Azeroth. Also there are hints that C'thun still has some strength (i.e. Cho'gall) and I believe Yogg-saron whispered to us in the Magni Legion scenarios. But now it seems like they may just choose to forget about all that and move on with whatever plots they have cooked up for Shadowlands and beyond.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiredmana View Post
    Simple: Titans are bad. Sargeras is sad. Old Gods are mad.

Quote Originally Posted by rhunes View Post
    You're a little late, bud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    They uploaded it awhile ago.
    I thought I deleted my post after I realised hahahaha damn internet

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Darillyn View Post

You've been healing Azeroth the entire time as you collected Azerite and funneled it back to the World-Soul via the Chamber of Heart. Sargeras' sword basically served as a severe wound to the world-soul, causing its essence to gush out to the surface effectively causing it to bleed out in slow motion. You cleanse away Sargeras' dark energy first and foremost at the cost of your Champion's artifact weapon, following shortly by repairing the Chamber of Heart which is basically a window into the world-soul's very being. Throughout BfA you collect Azerite and return it to the world-soul as you aid Magni, keeping scintillas of the harvested essence to empower yourself as Azeroth's chosen Champion (this is how Azerite Traits and the Essences work). With N'Zoth dead and the major threat ended, most of the escaped essence has been returned and Azeroth is fully stabilized. The final thing would probably be the destruction or removal of Gorribal (Sargeras' sword) from Silithus, which can happen later on as needed.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I would have prefered seeing Wrathion himself revenging his dad and not a kamehame azerite beam.
    Or you know, just defeating him but not kill him completely. Wrathion was created with Titan artifacts cause he was corrupted, Wrathion is grown up and mature now over the expansions and i totally love his character.
    Such a disappointment we are the ones destroying N'zoth and him already gone.

And god sakes, i really wanted Nya'lotha and Old gods to have it's own expansion and not just a patch. I'm still upset about that... It's all so disappointing i can't even express myself how i wanted. So much potential thrown out of the window. I can't believe they have done this.

At least if they didn't spent their resources on this, i hope they do with Shadowlands. I can understand everyone's reactions atm, i don't blame any of you. This was super bad.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2020-01-22 at 03:50 AM.

Why would Sylvanas go through all this trouble for the dagger, only to somehow, let it get into Wraithons hands to use it. Didn't she want to be the one? How did they handle that little switcharoo?

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    It's literally so bad that even the usuals can't defend it.
    Yet.
    I 100% believe there are people just waiting for the 'overwhelming' negativity to pass so playing defense force is easier.

5+ Year Old Account
    I like how they did all the worst things in one go:
    -Parallel to Deathwing's memed laser blast
    -blatant LOTR imagery and melody, without much besides that
    -Too short and underwhelming for a sense of closure
    -Used their worst/cheapest cinematic type for their finale

An avocado. Thaaanks.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by jstnw89 View Post
    Uhhhh.. herrooo.. they’re bringing back spells like Eyes of the Beast
    Oh you mean spells that are worthless and add next to nothing to the game? Yeah, I stand by my view that Shadowlands will tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yet.
    I 100% believe there are people just waiting for the 'overwhelming' negativity to pass so playing defense force is easier.
    Check the BfA "review" thread. Check the 8 usernames who voted this as a "good" expansion. It's all the usual defenders. Yet they're dead silent in that thread too.

Possible this cinematic tipped them over the edge?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Oh you mean spells that are worthless and add next to nothing to the game? Yeah, I stand by my view that Shadowlands will tank.
    "Why aren't you guys happy? We gave you random abilities back and didn't try to integrate them into your class or rotation at all. Why aren't you happy you can cast Fireball as a Frost Mage yet it doesn't do any damage?" - Blizzard, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    But several of the Player classes ARE inherently evil.

DKs, Warlocks, and Shadow Priests are ALL completely and unalterably evil. Rogues could arguably be added to that, as they do murder-for-hire and other things considered to be unquestionably evil.

Thats one of the things about the Warcraft universe; not all of the protagonists are good guys.

Doesn't mean they aren't heroes.

Hero != Good.
    True...

But I'm a Ret Pally, so

Expected this and not dissapointed at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself