Poll: Worst WoW raid ending?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    BFA is worse because of cinematics revolving around player character. We are thin rim glasses transmog away from becoming Final Fantasy. Just look at it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPsfyGR6KIo
    Would you rather be a part of the story or be watching a nice cartoon?
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

WoD still has that title.. we let the villain for 3/4 of the expansion take the lead in the celebration and gave him istant-redemption for no reason what-so-ever.

This one was just cheap, not insulting like WoD.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

After all this time I still crack up at green Jesus literally descending down from the heavens to fire his laser at a big dumb dragon blob.

The ending CINEMATIC - BFA.

The ending STORY - WOD... Like, we were fighting each other for year+... slaughtering on both sides en masse.... and then what? DRAENOR IS FREE!!! HURDUR! As far as I remember- Draenor was always free... they (orcs) wanted to CONQUER more... They didn't fought for freedom. Or Draenei oppressed them? I'm glad Yrel has her own Light Crusade going on atm sexy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonder View Post
    From a story perspective, I think WoD is worse just because of how stupid the writing was. The BFA cinematic on the other hand was a colossal disappointment in terms of production quality, but at least it was somewhat explained why it ended the way it did. At the end of the day, my vote goes to BFA because at least WoD gave us some sort of hint of what to expect in the future. BFA was literally just a laser beam, an explosion and that's it.
    This. Credit where due, at least this time we were the ones doing the big kamehamehadoken that takes down the bad guy rather than an overexposed NPC. WoD's ending made ass-all sense (the Iron Horde is just up and forgiven for a legitimate attempt at genocide because Grom decided to hedge his bets once demons came into the equation, because the draenei are just that forgiving), and it's even worse in retrospect because the draenei getting their pound of flesh after the orcs nearly wiped them off the map wasn't treated as, say, revenge for a near-genocide, instead Blizzard twisted themselves into a pretzel making the AU draenei into Scarlet Crusade-esque zealots that went crazy because religious extremism in order to portray the orcs (who are now sorry they tried to kill everyone, honest!) as put-upon victims of an undeserved crusade. Then the orcs turn around and go right back to killing people who've done precisely ass-all to earn their ire in the first place because the mag'har are apparently nothing if not myopic bootlickers desperate for the first sign of authority telling them to go to war.

Sorry for the rant. It's just... there was so much potential with AU Draenor and its denizens and it, like N'Zoth and Nya'lotha, got flushed down the laziest possible writing cop-outs the lore team could grunt out in the company bathroom.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Id say WoD
    It was funny as fuck seeing Draenai cheering for Grom after Archimonde died.
    Like did they forget everything he did or?

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The Deathwing fight in Cataclysm and the raid leading up to it is WAY worse than any other expansion-closing raid in memory. It failed on so many levels.
    Waking City - As many Dragons as Dragon Soul!

Seriously Dragon Soul was the worst end expansion raid ever. What a complete joke.

I'd tie WoD, Cataclysm and BFA as equally horrible, for different reasons.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why put bias in your own poll?

It's actually WoTLK. What a let down from WC3. There must always be a Lich King and I lost on purpose to raise you as my own as I gallop around Northerend like a Saturday morning cartoon character is absolutely retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    BfA was too short and didn't give any sort of sense of resolution, but I still think Cata bothered me more because it felt so cheap and boring. I'd be fine with BfA's if there was something, anything, after that final explosion. Some dialogue, some acknowledgement of what just happened, something to transition between the N'zoth boss room to the Heart room. The blast itself is fine to me, it's just too short and cuts off before any kind of real ending. But Cata's was just so boooooring =/
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    BFA didn't resolve anything except I guess we blew up N'Zoth. Great. Azeroth's still not healed, Sylvanas is gonna come back in a few months to mess us over, the factions are in a peace that looks very specifically written to break down in another expansion or two.

Even "Draenor is FREE" at least gave you a sense of resolution even with the stinger on the end that Gul'dan was still out there.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    im 50/50 between BfA and Cata.

Everything else wrapped up their expansion nicely. Even WoD.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Draenor is free will continue to be the worst one. BfA is lame in execution, but the whole Heart of Azeroth narrative actually has been pretty consistently present during the expansion, thematically it still tracks with us being Azeroth's champion and ultimately being imbued with her power.

5+ Year Old Account
    I voted WoD. DrAeNOr iS FreE!!1!!1!one has ascended to the "merely a setback" category, aka the ultimate in-game meme, therefore it gets my vote. BfA and Cata are close runners for the second prize, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Does BC's wierd ass "btw the sunwell is girl from a manga" attack count?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Why put bias in your own poll?

It's actually WoTLK. What a let down from WC3. There must always be a Lich King and I lost on purpose to raise you as my own as I gallop around Northerend like a Saturday morning cartoon character is absolutely retarded.
    Dont forget the magical paladin who uses blessing of freedom and wins the game because he asked the light.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is perfectly in line with the abominations that were Thrall's Kamehameha and Grommash' 'we are free again'...
    It's funny we did not anticipate this sooner.

I'd wager Shadowlands-ending will have Sylvanas redeemed, hugging with Anduin saying 'Azeroth is whole again!'

Cata and BfA endings are both pretty damn bad, but since Dragon Soul was probably the worst, or one of the worst raids I voted for Cata.

On a side note Wrath was the best, and I’ve watched it so much I have it fully memorized.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Wrath was alright. A bit stupid that we trusted some random ghost but whatever.

Cata was dull as dishwater.

MoP was fucking terrible. Taran Zhu can go fuck himself, Varian and Thrall were pussies and making Lol’jin Warchief was a huge mistake.

WoD was cringey, but at that point I’d stopped caring about the lore there.

Legion was way too Anime, but it wasn’t particularly bad.

BfA ended with a filler patch, so I can’t really judge it too harshly. 8.2.5 was the real expansion ending. Between Sylvanas’ emotional breakdown, Soyfeng being sad and the loyalists surrendering just because the banshee bitch self-yeeted it was pretty bad. But not as bad as MoP’s.

As for the N’zoth thing, I dunno. Probably better than cata because there’s less terrible monologuing. It was pretty short and sweet, so it didn’t have time to be disappointing. The filler boss got popped like a zit. Anyone who expected more hasn’t been paying attention this last decade.

Honestly almost all end expansion cinematics were garbage.
    Good cinematics: WOTLK ending, MoP ending
    Shit cinematics: Everything else

This is bait. People are just rating a cutscene of it blowing up. I'd want to see what goes on in the fight.

TBC didn't even have a cutscene, just Velen talking at the end, and you get to see Kalec' efforts and Anveena sacrificing in the fight.

WoD ending is probably the worst there will ever be. Would not have been bad if they only left Archimonde throwing Gul'Dan. The second someone started talking it ruined it completely.

Remember how people reacted to "There must always be a lich king"?