Poll: Rate: World of Warcraft: BATTLE FOR AZEROTH

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Wa? Were you even around during tbc or are you saying this without having lived it? Cause that is ridiculous. Could only hope we had tbc now.
    TBC was a mess, I do not care about your opinion nor your rosetinted goggles. Chances are, I've played this game longer than you - not that it matters the slightest.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Well.

Raids: Pretty solid. Outliers are Dazar'alor, which was pretty good, and Uldir, which was meh. I have not yet been to N'yalotha, so, not scoring that. 8/10
    Dungeons: Overall, nothing too great, nothing bad. Dungeon design is somewhat lackluster, but there are none that would be egregious. Mythic+ is still fun, as it was in Legion. 7/10
    Other instanced content: There was promise, but the limitations put on both island expeditions and warfronts pretty much prevented them from ever becomming any further usable feature. 5/10.
    World quests: Overall okay, but nothing spectacular. Sufficiently farmable without dying of horror. 6/10.
    Questing: Overall good. Some quest NPCs stand out pretty well (namely, Flynn and Taelia). I didn't play on Horde, hence, not evaluating that. 8/10
    Story: Catastrophic. Overall writing in MMOs is bad, but Blizzard shows incapable of upholding its own stories, and some major NPCs talk in a... weird way (especially dragons). Cringeworthy moments are quite common, unfortunatelly. War of Thorns is a clusterfuck of "I don't know what I am writing about", and the subsequent inconsistencies were not helping either. The story cinematics on their own were pretty solid (and are saving the rating from being even worse), but they are an exception, and I am not sure they fit as well into the overall lore as they should. 3/10.
    Zone design: Overall good. There are no locations that would stand out as spectacular (as Suramar did), but also nothing outright insulting. 7/10
    Art design: Overall not bad, however, there are two MASSIVE outliers. Warfront transmog gear is pretty good, and one that I will use for years to come. Raid gear, however, can go take a hike, and BfA is probably the first expansion where I feel like nothing from raids is worth getting. Overall 7/10.
    Music: Great work as usual. 8/10
    Content amount: Well. 8.2 stands out as very good (two new zones, a raid and a megadungeon, two thumbs up), however, it was an exception in this expansion. 8.1 added only one raid, 8.3 that and zone invasions with... not as good design as it could've been. Overall, outdoor content seems and feels smaller than what was accessible in Legion, even though Legion had fewer zones on release. 6/10
    Character gameplay features: Azerite armor has some massive problems that needed ironing out - and that never happened. Replacing artifacts with them definitelly felt like a quality downgrade. Essences were better, but given that they require quite a bit of grind to get to lvl3 and are NOT account wide (nor is there any mechanism that would let alts acquire them faster), they also fall short (albeit not as much). Not ranking corrupted gear, as it is not out long enough to have enough impact. 4/10

I would rank BfA at around 6/10. It's not the horrible convoluted mess it is painted as, but it feels as a failed experiment. I managed to find my own fun during the expansion, and unlike WoD, I don't get the feeling of wasted potential. That is, however, due to me being majorly hyped about WoD, and not seeing that much of potential from the overall setting of BfA in the first place, not because BfA would rise to the challenge. In my opinion, the best feature of BfA was raiding. If you didn't do that, lower the score to 5/10.

Disclaimer: I can't rank PvP, as generally do very little of it.
    Last edited by Serenais; 2020-01-22 at 10:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Worst expansion in mmo history. Wod is a masterpiece compared to it.

I used to think Cataclysm was the worst expansion but it was somewhat playable. But BFA feels totally unplayable. I'm not able to enjoy any of my classes currently, the GCD changes feel really horrendous too.

the main defense of this expansion seem to be quantity over quality so that should tell you all you need to know.

my first instinct was to vote worst but i'll settle for one of the worst since i haven't really bothered to play it much so i've yet to see all it has to offer and not really sure i care to.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    TBC was a mess, I do not care about your opinion nor your rosetinted goggles. Chances are, I've played this game longer than you - not that it matters the slightest.
    Not a big window to have played more than i. Still, you are being ridiculous. Rewards mattered in TBC and everything felt special. You would know players and could recognise their achievements from the gear they were wearing.
    Classes were simplistic, but the design of the overall game was great. There are no rose tinted glasses here. Things mattered back then, you could not just skip progression and werent full of random boxes or random proced gear.
    There were exclusive 10 and 25 man raids too.

So yeah, you are full of nonsense. Dunno what your experience was, but clearly not the same as mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I'm european and it's literally f*cking wednesday and I'm not yet home to actually experience the raid and new mythic suffix... hold your bloody horses.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Good:
    - mythic+ keys
    - raids
    - some zone stories/quest storylines
    - essences as abilities

Mediocre:
    - WQs (no new sh*t here, just usual grind)
    - Zone design/music (nothing special except for a couple of zones).

Bad:
    - gear RNG
    - azerite gear
    - alt grind (esp unlocking essences)
    - overall storyline
    - PVP
    - island exps

Very bad:
    - Warfronts

Overall:
    Mediocre. Bad if you don't like raids/keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    That's different though. You can implement perfect world quests, perfect Artifact grind and perfect dungeons/raids/battlegrounds, if your class is a chore to play with, you won't enjoy anything.

WoD had good class design (as directly inherited from MoP), so even with the Garrison nonsense, you still had (awesome) raids and good-okayish dungeons which you could enjoy playing in, as your class wasn't painful to play.

On my side I couldn't enjoy any BfA content until I left due to my main class (and main rerolls classes) being complete garbage gameplay-wise.
    Oh I agree, the classes and gameplay were decent in WoD. Much better than in BFA. Thats why I said that BFA got alot of content to do, but most of it feels shallow and without any depth whatsoever. Alot of this comes from how the classes play.

In wod there was nothing to do(besides raids) but the classes were great. In BFA theres a ton of content, but the classes are boring to play.

I was looking forward for BFA so much. And now, all I can say is BFA was a wasted opportunity for WoW.

My first frustration came with the timing of Zandalari Trolls becoming playable. I was so hyped to play a Zandalari shammy at the beginning. After the long wait, I have lost all my interest and leveled one during Korrak's Revenge event. And he is sitting in a corner atm.

The storyline also matters for me in terms of immersion. And the way the story was written and happened felt so makeshift. The BFA's story fits a mobile indie game much more than a Blizzard game.

New zones / world quests were okay. Kept me busy the whole time pretty much along with pvp.

Mythic+ runs were good, although I quit doing them, I believe they beat raiding for a casual like me.

Forgot to mention the gearing system: wth is up with Blizzard's deep love with RNG? This is getting so annoying now. I would say one of the worst things about this expansion.

This expansion could have been much better but nowadays I feel like I am playing it more out of habit.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD is still the worst to me. Leveling was good and that was it. Crappy story, rep system was horrible, professions were messy, dailies were far and repetitive, everything was a huge grind and as it progressed it got worse, specially story-wise. What a huge let down from those heroic horde characters that I had admired for years.

BfA had some really bad and some great story moments (saurfang), leveling was ok, professions were ok, dailies were good (rewarding, lots of optios), we had a lot of character development (some good, some bad), new features were meh (islands and warfronts - cool to do first time, buggy at first, annoying and repetitive later) or bad (medallion). So to me it was a meh expansion. Not good, not bad. It had ups and downs, maybe more downs, but far from WoD.

Pandaria still the most cohesive and well done in all aspects in my opinion. The problem of Pandaria was to add pandas only, which scared people away ("not wow").

Setting/landscape:
    Zones were ok. I think Kul'Tiras won that one. Zandalar is a little boring compared, and I hate riding in marshes.
    Zuldazar is very true to troll architecture, but I don't like it as a practical city. Even with flying, it's too split up and annoying to navigate. Boralus is pretty great, though.
    Island hopping is not to my taste. I think gameplay involving swimming sucks, and I don't like waiting for boats and such.

Score: 4/10

Music:
    Pretty good, even great at times, as it always is. Still only somewhere in the middle, below WoD and Wotlk by far.

Score: 5/10

Dungeons:
    Since I don't do mythics, I can say that I have never done less dungeons in WoW's history than now. There's even one I might have missed (Siege of Boralus or something). Why do dungeons when I'm guaranteed equal gear doing weekly quests?

Score: 3/10

Raids:
    I'm sure they're fine. I haven't done anything beyond LFR, because it doesn't pay and my guild fell apart (which has not the fault of BFA).

Score: no opinion

Islands expeditions:
    I enjoy doing them, but farming azerite is really one of the most boring things ever introduced. I don't know why it didn't feel as bad in Legion, but that's perhaps because I thought the artifact weapons were the core of my character at the time, while the heart of azeroth is just something I use to unlock some effects on my armor.

Score: 6/10

Warfronts:
    I like these a lot, even though could need some tuning and refinement, maybe also be more random/responsive, so not every game seems scripted. Stormgarde's music is by far the best I've heard in a long time. Rewards from it is fine.

Score: 7/10

Lore/plot:
    People can argue what they want, but the Garrosh 2.0 vibes are strong. I think it seems very forced that we needed a new conflict between the horde and alliance, and it was cowardly of them to put that burden on the horde once more. Beyond that, I don't care much for Azshara or the Naga, so that doesn't really interest me either. The storyline that I found most interesting was the Blood Troll uprising (G'huun), and King Rastakhan's dark bargain. I think N'zoth seems like a cool villain, and so far, I enjoy the 8.3 story content.

Score: 3/10

Gear design:
    The Horde and Alliance styled armor is just great, and will be part of my future mogs. I haven't seen much of the 8.3 stuff yet, but up until now, it has been very underwhelming. There is very little variation in the pre-raid stuff, and the raid stuff is not very inspired. They sacrificed class identity for the style of the place of origin, but I don't think they succeeded, and it all seems very anemic compared to the great stuff we've been served in Wod/Legion. Not sure what happened, but perhaps they spent a lot of time on the heritage gear, because most of them look great.

Score: 4/10

PVP:
    Warmode is a good change, giving everyone a choice. I enjoyed Korrak's Revenge too. I have no idea on the state of balance, arenas and such, though.

Classes:
    Plays a lot like Legion for the most part, which played a lot like Wod, for my most used classes. I think it's time to change things up a bit, but could have been worse.
    No new classes, no new combos, at least none that I'm interested in. Boring!
    Score: 2/10

Races:
    Allied races are pretty cool. But I hope to get some proper new races too.

Professions:
    Once again, I have done basically nothing. For me, they haven't been relevant for years.

Score: no opinion

Followers:
    Even less important than Legion. Why even bother anymore?

Score: 2/10

Class identity:
    Everything in Legion thrown out. No class specific gear. No class specific quests.

Score: 0/10

Cinematics:

Probably the best ever. And several of them. And even the cartoons in the style of the Warlord chronology of WoD. I've seen all of them many times.

Score: 10/10

Misc changes:
    Removal of portals: 2/10
    Improved auction house: 10/10 (so far)
    Legendary transmog: 10/10
    Mount gear: (havent tried)
    Destroying quest group addon: 1/10

So, for me, Battle of Azeroth ends up as a rather mediocre expansion, maybe even the weakest overall. But I do think it's worth playing a few hours every week.
    Mother pus bucket!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Not a big window to have played more than i. Still, you are being ridiculous. Rewards mattered in TBC and everything felt special. You would know players and could recognise their achievements from the gear they were wearing.
    Classes were simplistic, but the design of the overall game was great. There are no rose tinted glasses here. Things mattered back then, you could not just skip progression and werent full of random boxes or random proced gear.
    There were exclusive 10 and 25 man raids too.

So yeah, you are full of nonsense. Dunno what your experience was, but clearly not the same as mine.
    Again; I do not care about your opinion whatsoever. This isn't a factual debate with rights or wrongs, this is an opinionated thread.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I think it was a good expansion. Now good doesn't mean great, good doesn't mean its perfect, good doesn't mean it hasn't got major flaws ( god knows it really does ).

But it has been good enough that I have kept my sub running and I've kept playing, yes some may use the mouthbreather logic of " you are just addicted hurr hurr "

But no, if I didn't fucking like the game I wouldn't be fucking playing.

3+ Year Old Account
    better than warlords, worse than anything else

Probably the worst just boring as fuck and the writing/lore is extremely bad atm.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2020-01-22 at 11:46 AM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

If I was just going by the mechanics and the amount of content I’d have just rated it “a bad expansion” but this combined with blizzard devs outright lying to us in interviews, especially about the story, made me vote for “one of the worst”.

So I quit at the beginning of MoP and returned at the end of Legion, seems I missed the best expansions. I can say however, based on what I did play of MoP, Legion, and a full TBC/Wrath, BFA was the worst. I think my opinion here is swayed heavily by the lackluster content in 8.3 and how N'Zoth has been handled. I'm also not a fan of the new systems in place, azerite pieces and grinding weapon (Legion) or neck (BFA) feels absolutely awful and I'd love to see tier bonuses come back. Horrific visions play really nicely and hopefully it'll help plan out the new tower thing in Shadowlands but aside from that, I haven't really enjoyed much else of BFA. Professions being absolutely crippled is another major negative point for me. All in all, I think the current WoW dev team is taking the game in a direction that I don't like, so I just won't play. I'm sure a lot of players do like it and that's fine but it's time I move on for sure.

Hot trash. I compare it to WoD but at least with WoD they knew when to give up instead of doubling and tripping down before totally rip cording on the last patch while missing the landing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Absolutely terrible writing, class design and systems tinkering.
    This summarizes BfA, unfortunately