Thread: drones

drones

Do you own a drone? Which one do you have and what do you use it for if you do? I'm considering purchasing one this year.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

7+ Year Old Account
    Yep sure do.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Do you own a drone? Which one do you have and what do you use it for if you do? I'm considering purchasing one this year.
    No. Thought about buying one, but then started thinking about what I would do with it. It would be entertaining for about 15 minutes and then I'd never play with it again.

There are better toys to buy.

Don't own one privately, but i use them at work, where we have a DJI Mavic 2 pro and a DJI M210RTK w. micasense altum sensor. We generally use it for surveying and remote sensing.

As for private drone use, i'd recommend the new DJI mavic mini if you want a a solid starter drone that have all the tech that makes a drone easy to fly (gps, sensors, gimbal camera etc.). A lot of countries have drones sub 250 gram exempt from a lot of the general drone rules, which means you don't have to worry about those with the Mini (weighs 249gram). but it's important to check up on your local laws regarding drones.

Some countries are so restrictive that there's no point in owning one for private use.

My Sister bought me a drone a few years ago.

It's still in its box unused...

15+ Year Old Account
    I've had Mavic Pro Platinum, sold it and bought Mavic 2 Pro.
    I use it to take photos of motorsport on track (with permission ofc since I'm their photographer). I rarely fly it as a hobby because the fucking birds swarm it.
    I have DJI Goggles as well which makes it more fun if someone is with me. People are impressed by that, I'm not so I almost never use it myself.

If you really want a drone, buy something cheap, small. Once you're up there, you see most of what there's to see. Next time you go up there, you'll see more of the same. And driving around to new places becomes tedious after a short time.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    If you really want a drone, buy something cheap, small. Once you're up there, you see most of what there's to see. Next time you go up there, you'll see more of the same. And driving around to new places becomes tedious after a short time.
    Probably true, but I've been enamoured enough with above-the-rooftops views of my city that the amazement would probably last quite a while.

Unfortunately, drone flying takes a licence around here.

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    I have a DJI Phantom 3 I use it for various things, mostly just because I enjoy flying it and looking at the landscape. I have used it for aerial footage when I sold my last house, taking an aerial shot of kids at my wife's school spelling their school, and for searching for my missing duck.

I thought about buying one. Then my brother did and I messed around with it for a few hours with him and realized it would just be another dust collector in my closet. It is a cool thing.. it does cool things.. I just don't have a personal use for it and am not really entertained by just moving a thing around in the sky.

Had one of those cheap and small ones before very hard to controll but cats liked it.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Had one from ali express for 15 eur or w/e, cats broke it. Thinking about DJI Maveric 2 - the shots you can get, insane, like 10 years ago you needed to rent a helicopter... Rented one a few times, tracking a driving car - jesus christ, technology is amazing.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

I wanted a drone for Christmas. Instead family be like hmm I see you been doing some creative cooking this year you want some type of gizmo that makes even fancier cooking stuff? ._. I don't wanna stay in the kitchen (for playtime)...I wanna play with some gadgets..Oh well, more recipes in cooking it is. Hopefully I find some really good ones and they turn out scrumptious. On the positive side I don't think this would be the best time of year to get a drone anyways. I don't live in a tropical area. So I am pretty much forced inside right for now. I have no idea how drones are effected by the cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Icelin View Post
    I wanted a drone for Christmas. Instead family be like hmm I see you been doing some creative cooking this year you want some type of gizmo that makes even fancier cooking stuff? ._. I don't wanna stay in the kitchen (for playtime)...I wanna play with some gadgets..Oh well, more recipes in cooking it is. Hopefully I find some really good ones and they turn out scrumptious. On the positive side I don't think this would be the best time of year to get a drone anyways. I don't live in a tropical area. So I am pretty much forced inside right for now. I have no idea how drones are effected by the cold.
    The hell do you need cooking gizmos for? More shit to clean. All you need is grill
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

I need a package from Amazon flown delivered to my door cause I need my breakfast. I want burger and fries.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloe View Post
    I need a package from Amazon flown delivered to my door cause I need my breakfast. I want burger and fries.
    Good for you?