Thread: BWL Details

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    I don't think it was possible to just aoe everything in razors room because the adds just keep spawning clearing them out won't do much as more will just spawn. I can't remember the kill order but i think it was dragons>mages>melee. you kinda just have to kill the worst ones and kite the rest.
    We split the raid 4 ways with a team for each corner. Killed all the humanoids as fast as possible. Dragons had too much health and were CCed by egg runner as much as s/he could, running dragons were kited by main tanks running up and down the platforms at the sides.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Why are you promoting this other thread so much? We have all moved on, just let it go, leave it alone and move on with the rest of us. Its over.
    Oh NICE goalpost move. Accusing the other person of doing what you spend time doing. Does that work in high school?

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Oh NICE goalpost move. Accusing the other person of doing what you spend time doing. Does that work in high school?
    Look i dont know what your infatuation with me is - to follow me from one thread to another and try and start up the same conversation again just isnt healthy. Move on, its creepy, its harassment, and its against the site rules. I posted once on topic, and you have done nothing but harass and stalk me from thread to thread because you didnt get the last word. Its over, move on.

On topic, as i said before, final numbers will only really be confirmed by PTR at the earliest, and i honestly expect BWL to be downed by casual raid guilds by the end of week 1, week 3-4 if they buff it as some are anticipating.

How long do you think bwl will take to clear? We normally start mc at 8, kill rag at 920, then distribute loot for like 20 mins. Based off of those times, you think bwl will be cleared in like 2 hrs after the first few weeks by my guild?

I currently raid once a week, and trying to see how much more time I'd have to commit.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    How long do you think bwl will take to clear? We normally start mc at 8, kill rag at 920, then distribute loot for like 20 mins. Based off of those times, you think bwl will be cleared in like 2 hrs after the first few weeks by my guild?

I currently raid once a week, and trying to see how much more time I'd have to commit.
    This is a loaded question that really depends on your guild and how many people already know all the fights and exactly what to do and what kind of consumables and world buffs you are bringing.
    The first full clears for many guilds are likely to be in the ~5-6 hour range from starting the first encounter to dead Nef. This means 2 nights for many depending on your raid hours and willingness to push.
    After your raid stabilizes and people get some gear it will probably be around ~3 hours, again for many guilds.
    More gear and more comfort will lead to the faster clear times.

If you are a more try hard guild than it will probably be closer to 3.5 hours at first.

When fully geared after Naxx is clear and you have pretty much all buffs and consumables on the entire raid, you can crush BWL in about 40 minutes. The record is something like 35 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazer View Post
    This is a loaded question that really depends on your guild and how many people already know all the fights and exactly what to do and what kind of consumables and world buffs you are bringing.
    The first full clears for many guilds are likely to be in the ~5-6 hour range from starting the first encounter to dead Nef. This means 2 nights for many depending on your raid hours and willingness to push.
    After your raid stabilizes and people get some gear it will probably be around ~3 hours, again for many guilds.

If you are a more try hard guild than it will probably be closer to 3.5 hours at first.

When fully geared after Naxx is clear and you have pretty much all buffs and consumables on the entire raid, you can crush BWL in about 40 minutes. The record is something like 35 minutes.
    Ty for the answer. Most of us get at least ony buff when available. Probably 50 to 60% use a few consumables and tribute buffs. Maybe 5-10 ppl get sunflower. We are all coordinated tho and only a few derps. 3 hrs after about a month is what I'm expecting. 90% are pretty geared as in half pre bis, half bis.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Anyone know how the hunter class call works for nef? It breaks your weapon right? Do hunters just hit a macro to unequipped their weapon right before every class call?
    just put up a repairbot during the fight

The game is MUCH easier than you think, people back in 2004 managed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    They are not buffing BWL
    If anything, they'll make it easier...

Quote Originally Posted by Caperfin View Post
    If anything, they'll make it easier...
    Out of interest, why would they make it easier? Have they made anything else easier?

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of interest, why would they make it easier? Have they made anything else easier?
    I think he means it's easier than vanilla launch BWL, as we are on 1.12.

Yes, they've glaringly made things easier: 16 debuffs, layering advantage, glaring exploits, etc... ClassicWoW is seen as the easiest iteration of of original WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazer View Post

Blizzard internal calculations show that it will be one shot cleared in under an hour with the current gear level. Judging by the latest AV changes, the leak that they are going to buff BWL is looking more real by the minute.

That post with the leak in this forum is very, very suspect.

The only thing buffing a raid would accomplish is forcing a more optimal comp, and I highly doubt Blizzard wants to do that. Like what would buffing BWL really accomplish? They'd have to increase its difficulty exponentially to keep the best guilds from steamrolling it in an hour, at the expense of the 95% of guilds that are ready to move on from Molten Core.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    Vaelestrasz
    What kind of DPS numbers are we talking for Vael? How much harder is it than a pre-submerge Rag kill? How tricky are the tank swaps?
    Has ANYONE EVER failed to kill Ragnaros pre-submerge since the release of Classic servers? Even first week it was a joke.

Point is, this boss will also be a joke, everyone will just insta kill it.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Has ANYONE EVER failed to kill Ragnaros pre-submerge since the release of Classic servers? Even first week it was a joke.

Point is, this boss will also be a joke, everyone will just insta kill it.
    Yea, we did when we had 28 people

Quote Originally Posted by Haosmash View Post
    We killed all adds in vanilla aswell on razor and my guild wasnt top 10 on server, so now it should be ez. We kited only dragons tho.
    So you didn't kill all adds.

Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    Yea, we did when we had 28 people
    Erm,APES actually killed it post submerge.

I'm thinking it's also gonna be wise to turn addons off for the Razorgore mind controller.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Fancydress View Post
    Blizzard internal calculations show that it will be one shot cleared in under an hour with the current gear level. Judging by the latest AV changes, the leak that they are going to buff BWL is looking more real by the minute.
    That 'leak' had absolutely nothing credible to it.

I gotta watch a few details on the streams, but what do I need to know about those trash packs?