Thread: Wrathion age

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I mean, he was already walking and talking in Cataclysm, apparently immediately after he hatched (Legendary dagger questline). This must have happened less than a year after he was hatched since he was still in the egg during the Badlands questchain (also in Cataclysm). I am 90% sure that Ion or some other official has admitted that "this doesn't really make sense, but we thought it would be such a great story opportunity that we asked the players to believe some titan-magic reasoning."

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Did they really form the iron horde and subjugate all of draenor in 2 years? Alone the construction of the infrastructure should have taken at least 5 years, even if they had slave labor.
    I'll be perfectly honest, I can't find any sources on this. I'm just sure I remember reading that back when they announced WoD. But you know, timey-wimey....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I'll be perfectly honest, I can't find any sources on this. I'm just sure I remember reading that back when they announced WoD. But you know, timey-wimey....
    Well it could be, I just always assumed garrosh went back to AUD -30something years, build up the iron horde over a couple of years and connect to current timeline again.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-01-22 at 01:18 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    I am more curious why there's no interaction between him and Ebonhorn. Is he not aware there's another Black Dragon in the Heart Chamber with him...?
    Click on ebonhorn and select "stay a while and listen"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Best not to think about wod, it's time frame or it's lore.

Even the devs said don't think about it too deep, which says alot.

When Med'an was rejected they needed to pull a darker, edgier version out of their asses to please the kids and as a result Wrathion needed to grow up quickly.

Did they really form the iron horde and subjugate all of draenor in 2 years? Alone the construction of the infrastructure should have taken at least 5 years, even if they had slave labor.
    Doesn't matter to the discussion anyway, because only Kairoz and Garrosh went there until they opened the portal to Azeroth.

Dragons age differently. They can reach adulthood in what seemed like days or months. I remember my rogue watching him hatch in Badlands and then he was already a young man by the rogue legendary daggers quest time. It's like dog years, but even more accelerated, and yet they live much longer than any mortal race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    When Med'an was rejected they needed to pull a darker, edgier version out of their asses to please the kids and as a result Wrathion needed to grow up quickly.
    They could have just used Medivh, I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Dragons age differently. They can reach adulthood in what seemed like days or months. I remember my rogue watching him hatch in Badlands and then he was already a young man by the rogue legendary daggers quest time. It's like dog years, but even more accelerated, and yet they live much longer than any mortal race.
    Right until he turned into his true form, anyway. Having him become a tiny little whelp made it somewhat harder to take him seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Doesn't matter to the discussion anyway, because only Kairoz and Garrosh went there until they opened the portal to Azeroth.
    Oh? I thought wrathion was also there. Hmm I guess if he never went there you are right.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Well, he's much older now than we remember him to be. His dragon form is now Drake sized, not Whelp. so that means he's at least mid-late Teen, if not a young adult.

Oh? I thought wrathion was also there. Hmm I guess if he never went there you are right.
    he showed up much later to spy on khadgar at the end of the legendary ring questline.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

He was born in Cataclysm, so he's roughly 9 years old now if in-game time is passing at roughly RL time?

In dragon years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Fun fact: The average age of leaders/generals/strategists/etc (aka the ones everyone was listening to) during wars and shit up until 1864 was 11 years old.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wrathion is a fictional magical shape-shifting intelligent dragon.

He is not a human, real or fictional, so i don't understand why you are trying to apply human biology to him.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Premise: "Wrathion is young"

Actual post: "Alliance is dumb"

B U R
    horde also listen to him btw... so how exactly did u conclude that 'alliance' only is dumb?
    we did listen to him in MoP but at least in MoP it backfired, and it was shown he is actually his age, a kid who is toying with power, but in 8.3 he get center stage it seems, and now ppl listen to his 'guidance', like what? didn't we already try that and learn the hard way he is only 6?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    He was born in Cataclysm, so he's roughly 9 years old now if in-game time is passing at roughly RL time?

In dragon years.
    no it is half of rl time, each exp takes roughly 1 year in wow timeline at most
    Also as i already mentioned, we did try listen to him in MoP and 'surprise' we discovered he is actually still a kid just with insane power as black dragon aspect son (wrathion is shown clearly with powers above normal dragon), nothing should make alliance or horde listen to him again, not at least before 10 more years, MoP happened in wow only 2 years prior to current event if wow timeline is the same as it was for earlier exp (we have a confirm from the 'titans pov' book that each wow exp took only 1 year in wow universe)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

OP has three brain cells.

He is a magical dragon, who knows how fast he´s intelligence develops, could even be one of those are born with the knowledge of those before them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragons are far more intelligent than other species considering their connection to azeroth and shit being passed on through them as an egg, which they are sentient in before hatching. I'd listen to him more than a boy king or council of horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaviaton View Post
    I mean, he was already walking and talking in Cataclysm, apparently immediately after he hatched (Legendary dagger questline). This must have happened less than a year after he was hatched since he was still in the egg during the Badlands questchain (also in Cataclysm). I am 90% sure that Ion or some other official has admitted that "this doesn't really make sense, but we thought it would be such a great story opportunity that we asked the players to believe some titan-magic reasoning."

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Wrathion#D...ak_on_Wrathion

When we had written that questline in the Badlands there, we knew that this would be a cool story thread to pick up some day. But if you really think about how long it would take a dragon to mature and start developing his own thoughts, it'd be a long time. Like decades. And we didn't really have time for that! So I said well, OK -- if we ask people to buy into this one thing, that because of these experiments he can have some self-awareness early on, wow - what an interesting character that is!
    All of a sudden he's so compelling. Because let's see, his father was crazy and tried to destroy the world, his mother was basically raped by the red dragonflight, then his egg was experimented on to sever his ties with his own family - so how do you view the world at that point? Well, you don't really view the world as a friendly place. You're probably eager to take control of your own destiny, which he does, even before he hatches. And then you kind of have this thing to atone for - your father tried to destroy the world. Your father went crazy. Are you crazy? How do you not be crazy, how do you make up for what your father did. Suddenly he's such a cool character! I really want to explore that character. We kind of went nuts with it. So we kind of asked people -- well if you can already buy in to the idea that he hatched from his egg and already started hatching schemes, then there's a whole cool story that can come from that. And we really rolled with it.
    They gave a bit more than that, but yeah, the entire idea of Wrathion from the start hinged on "he's already special due to experiments", and tack onto that all of what Aucald said.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    I'm surprised no one talked about it
    But isn't Wrathion a kid? Why is everyone listening to him? His role in MoP ended showing he was just a kid toying with factions, he has power but he is still a kid
    Since when ppl listen to kids? Except alliance because immortal draenei and 10k years old nelfs exist only to show how amazing a 15 year old boy human is, but for most races, why listen to a 6 years old kid what he says ? half of wow races have hair on their head older than him, including bald races
    Dragons age VERY quickly.
    remember he was literally BORN as like a 16 year old.

- - - Updated - - -

Every expansion has only taken 1 year...
    welcome to the official blizzard timeline.

vanilla started in year 25.
    BFA started in year 33.
    (8 years, 8 expansions)

i really wish it was real time, as that would atleast be easy to track ( so 2 years per expac)
    it would be best if it was like double that. so 4 years for each expansion.

cause rp wise, having my charecters birthday twice, but they only age once, is quite odd...
    cause we have may 27th twice an expac, but each expac is lore wise only one year not 2....
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content