Poll: Were you disappointed with the cinematic?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Illidan always wanted to stop the Legion, so idk why this is pissing you guys off...
    You could, like, read the post you replied to. And not move the goalposts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Unlisting it seems a bad move, basically a tacit admission that it lacks quality. Hopefully they decide to issue a new cinematic with a hotfix or something, although it seems doubtful at this point. While I generally agree the overall impression is that they want BfA to be over and done with sooner as opposed to later it does need an appropriate ending in keeping with the general quality we've become accustomed to. Even WoD's ending cinematic, while often lampooned, was of better quality than this showing.
    Well really it was a perfect closure for everyone but Grommash. The final shot with Yrel and Durotan standing side by side and uniting their people was very cool though. At the beginning of the expansion Draenor was divided by strife, at the end it was united in peace. Remove Grommash and it's a great ending.

N'Zoth's ending cinematic doesn't bring closure to anything. It's soulless, it doesn't feel like anything. It would've been a great improvement if they had devoted a few more seconds to showing like I don't know the peoples of Azeroth rejoicing or something, like they did with the Cataclysm ending cinematic.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Unlisting it seems a bad move, basically a tacit admission that it lacks quality. Hopefully they decide to issue a new cinematic with a hotfix or something, although it seems doubtful at this point. While I generally agree the overall impression is that they want BfA to be over and done with sooner as opposed to later it does need an appropriate ending in keeping with the general quality we've become accustomed to. Even WoD's ending cinematic, while often lampooned, was of better quality than this showing.
    Terran Gregory has been absolutely silent on 8.3 and I honestly don't blame him if he decides to leave Blizzard and take his talents elsewhere in a mass exodus. I know words were exchanged when the corporates marched down to their offices and said "this is the cinematic get it done. k. bye."
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Terran Gregory has been absolutely silent on 8.3 and I honestly don't blame him if he decides to leave Blizzard and take his talents elsewhere in a mass exodus. I know words were exchanged when the corporates marched down to their offices and said "this is the cinematic get it done. k. bye."
    As I said previously, I think this is more a hard-pivot to resources directed at Shadowlands and making it a tour de force showing to make people forget about BfA. Which, on one hand, I don't disagree with on a personal level - but it shouldn't come from BfA's total sacrifice in quality, either. Basically this cinematic was phoned in because they want to make Shadowlands have a strong and epic-feeling first tier, recreating Legion after the stumble that was WoD.

Going to be a lot of work, too.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Disappointing ending for a disappointing expansion. So not unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by WraithKingOstarion View Post
    prepare your jimmies, for they are about to be rustled when you realize that this is it

EDIT: i know this was said on another thread, but Blizzard took the raid finale video down from their official Youtube page

fucking loooooooooooooooooooool
    they're removing comments as well and dislikes

There has to be more then what we see. Even a stripped down Blizzard would not leave that crap as the complete end to the story.

As I said previously, I think this is more a hard-pivot to resources directed at Shadowlands and making it a tour de force showing to make people forget about BfA. Which, on one hand, I don't disagree with on a personal level - but it shouldn't come from BfA's total sacrifice in quality, either. Basically this cinematic was phoned in because they want to make Shadowlands have a strong and epic-feeling first tier, recreating Legion after the stumble that was WoD.

Going to be a lot of work, too.
    If we ever get an admission of BfA being abandoned midway then my guess is we can at least compare and contrast it better to WoD, with BfA presumably having been abandoned later in development after 8.2 was mostly done and work had already begun on 8.3, as opposed to WoD where the expansion was abandoned as soon as 6.2 had just begun development.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    There has to be more then what we see. Even a stripped down Blizzard would not leave that crap as the complete end to the story.
    There is still the mythic only phase, which could very well have a cinematic we have yet to see at the end.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    If we ever get an admission of BfA being abandoned midway then my guess is we can at least compare and contrast it better to WoD, with BfA presumably having been abandoned later in development after 8.2 was mostly done and work had already begun on 8.3, as opposed to WoD where the expansion was abandoned as soon as 6.2 had just begun development.

- - - Updated - - -

There is still the mythic only phase, which could very well have a cinematic we have yet to see at the end.
    nope there's no other encrypted cinematics. sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

Nya'lotha the Waking City: Directed By Rian Johnson

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I don't think we'll ever get any kind of direct admission, but I think the sudden and rather unceremonious ending of the War Campaign in 8.2.5 coupled with body-swerve of 8.3 and its equally unceremonious ending is pretty much all the indirect admission needed. I would theorize that at this point there is a feeling of throwing good money after bad insofar as development is concerned, and it would be better to refocus on a soft-reset in the form of the next expansion and making it as appealing and good as possible.

Which, again, isn't a bad thing - but I do think BfA (and the long-awaited defeat of N'Zoth) deserved a better coda than it got.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    they're removing comments as well and dislikes
    Uhm... it is literally impossible to "remove a dislike" on YouTube. That is not a feature or function that is available to anybody but YouTube staff themselves, and I've never once seen it happen.... and considering I wrote a lengthy and scathingly negative comment insulting the video, the patch, and the expansion which has not yet been removed, I highly doubt they're removing comments either...

Don't make claims you can't possibly back up; it's childish. For them to remove comments they would first have to care what anyone thinks, which the lack of effort put into this "content" would clearly indicate they do not.
    Last edited by FecundDecay; 2020-01-22 at 04:04 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FecundDecay View Post
    Uhm... it is literally impossible to "remove a dislike" on YouTube. That is not a feature or function that is available to anybody but YouTube staff themselves, and I've never once seen it happen.
    You are wrong. Sadly.
    Please read : https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1715144?hl=en
    And some more bed-table read: https://skeptics.stackexchange.com/q...video-dislikes

I don't think we'll ever get any kind of direct admission, but I think the sudden and rather unceremonious ending of the War Campaign in 8.2.5 coupled with body-swerve of 8.3 and its equally unceremonious ending is pretty much all the indirect admission needed. I would theorize that at this point there is a feeling of throwing good money after bad insofar as development is concerned, and it would be better to refocus on a soft-reset in the form of the next expansion and making it as appealing and good as possible.

Which, again, isn't a bad thing - but I do think BfA (and the long-awaited defeat of N'Zoth) deserved a better coda than it got.
    I am actually starting to wonder if my initial gut feeling on 8.3 was correct. There was supposed to be a defense of Stormwind raid or something similar for final raid, then have N'zoth as a centerpiece baddie in a dedicated expansion later, but instead Blizzard removed the faction war story after complaints and decided to cash in on old god's now instead of later.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Sorry, but instead of an awesome cutscene you get this:

Now sub for 6 months damn you

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saluna View Post
    No; actually I'm not. The first list you provided literally has nothing to do with removal of dislikes, and the second link is from a random discussion website with no actual insight into Google's systems speculating and drawing conclusions based on self-report and anecdotal evidence.

The only time dislikes are "removed" is when they are found to be placed by automatic bot accounts, or when a single user is using multiple channels/accounts that they own to bombard a single video with multiple dislikes. At no point, and for no reason, does BLIZZARD as the owner of the channel have the ability to remove dislikes from their videos - it is simply NOT A FUNCTION available to the moderator of a channel, and I say that with confidence as a content creator on YouTube with three active channels. YouTube has no motivation or drive to protect Blizzard from negative comments or dislikes, and thus would have no reason to be removing either from their videos unless they were automatic or duplicate dislikes from the same account - which would be the same whether they were dislikes or likes.

Regardless, this is all completely irrelevant since the number of dislikes has been steadily rising without deviation since TheramoreIsTheBomb made their unsubstantiated claim. It was 8.2k when I posted my own comment (which is still not removed, by the by), and has since risen to 8.4, 8.6, 8.8, and now 8.9k at the time of this posting - while the number of likes on the video has held rather firm around 1.4k.... thus there is no indication that dislikes are being removed or suppressed in any way.

TL;DR - Blizzard can not remove Dislikes, only YouTube can do that and they do not do it to protect anyone from negative feedback. They do it when the system is being exploited by bots or people with multiple channels/accounts to artificially inflate the number. No evidence of removed comments or lost dislikes on this video has been presented to support the claim that either is occurring. Period.

Yes, the cinematic is garbage. Yes they've unlisted the video. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Sorry, but instead of an awesome cutscene you get this:

Now sub for 6 months damn you
    It’s quite telling that after the absolute disaster last time they tried locking people in for 6 month (one year) that they are doing it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    It’s quite telling that after the absolute disaster last time they tried locking people in for 6 month (one year) that they are doing it again.
    Well it got them the money, anything else doesn't matter. Was the last one roughly 6 months ago? Starting to look like a trend

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Funny how we are saying the same thing :P The link I sent you clearly explains how dislike can be removed (due to bot spam, scam etc). We are saying the exact same thing. You simplify stated Youtube cannot remove dislikes, I added some nuance to it.

To give you an olive branch though : I do not believe is, or has the power, to remove Dislikes. And like you said, Blizzard removed the video that's it. They realized people didn't like and wanted to minimize damage (or least make it push it to later).

Sacrificing the end of BfA to divert resources to SL seems short-sighted, especially considering how polarizing Shadowlands already is from that bare bones preview we got that got so few players excited at its features, or lack thereof. Or what, they think people are going to come flocking to buy the game for customize option? They dropped the ball on the big announcement at Blizzcon, what platform do they think they're going to win people over en masse to get hyped for Shadowlands? Super Bowl ad? We haven't had that since Cataclysm.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saluna View Post
    Funny how we are saying the same thing :P The link I sent you clearly explains how dislike can be removed (due to bot spam, scam etc). We are saying the exact same thing. You simplify stated Youtube cannot remove dislikes, I added some nuance to it.

To give you an olive branch though : I do not believe is, or has the power, to remove Dislikes. And like you said, Blizzard removed the video that's it. They realized people didn't like and wanted to minimize damage (or least make it push it to later).
    Sigh..... what I said was that it was impossible for BLIZZARD to remove dislikes, as that was a function only available to YouTube itself - which was in response to someone making the claim that BLIZZARD was removing dislikes and comments from the video. In your rush to 'well actually' you didn't read the context of the statement....

Regardless, I'm not entirely sure what they think delisting the video is going to accomplish. It's still linked on multiple news websites and forums and at this point the damage is done. It's such a damn disappointment..... every single cinematic for this expansion has included actual content.... characters... dialogue... story.... implications and foreshadowing.... people discussing the path moving forward.... things showing the aftermath of the fight.... SOMETHING. This is literally just a roughly 21 second video of n'zoth exploding and some buildings crumbling, and we don't even get to see ANY of that FINISH. it just fades to WHITE before any actual resolution has occurred.... I just can't for the life of me understand how they gave Anduin talking to Wrathion in Stormwind at the start of this patch like 3+ minutes of actual cinematic, but the FINAL boss of the FINAL patch gets.... this. We got so many lengthy dialogue/character filled cinematics in BFA and this is all they could muster for the end-cap?? Besides being disappointed, I'm also just deeply confused.....

There is no soup in this soup. O-o
    AAAAAnd we're officially at 9k dislikes with likes still sitting at 1.4k. :-\
    Last edited by FecundDecay; 2020-01-22 at 04:28 PM.